ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

一个更好的世界才可以治愈一切 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

一个更好的世界才可以治愈一切

The Cure for Millennial Burnout | Ally McLean | TEDxYouth@Sydney

[鼓掌]
[Applause]
嗨 我真的想要你们喜欢我!
Hi! I really want you to like me!
我想了很久今天要穿什么
I’ve thought a lot about what I would wear today.
要不要带眼镜?
Whether I should wear my glasses?
戴上眼镜会不会使我看上去比较睿智?
Do they make me look smart?
用多少化妆品会显得浓妆艳抹?
How much makeup is too much makeup?
我想过 担心这些事情是不是反女权
I’ve worried if it’s antifeminist to worry about those things.
我还把自己做过的所有令人尴尬的傻事想了一遍
I’ve thought about every embarrassing thing that I’ve ever done.
包括 每一次别人引用的那些并非出于我本意的话
And every time I’ve ever been quoted not quite saying what I wanted to say.
这些事情在我脑海里一直困扰着我
And I have obsessed over those things in my mind,
为了不再犯同样的错误
trying to find the lesson
我在很努力地从中吸取教训
to make sure that they would never happen again.
我想过现场直播我的讲话是怎么样的
I’ve thought about how this is being live-streamed.
如果我在上台之前 作出尴尬的事情该怎么办
And how if I do something embarrassing, before I even walk up stage.
这件事有可能被截图 推到网上
It could be screen shotted and tweeted,
最糟糕的是 它有可能在没有我在的群聊里被议论
but worst of all, discussed in group chats that I’m not in.
[笑]
[Laugh]
我想过我的无助——
I’ve thought about how I feel helpless
互联网和社交媒体无处不在
to the scale of internet and social medium
而我似乎主动暴露了自己的隐私
and the lack of privacy I seemed to have welcomed into my life.
我想过怎样……
I’ve thought about how …
至少有三个我在Tinder上交往过的人
there’re at least three people who I went on Tinder dates with,
我们再也没有过交集
and never spoke to again,
但他们还在看我Ins里的故事
who still watch my Instagram stories.
我怀疑他们是否在看这个视频?
And I wonder if they’re watching this?
我想过 如果我足够用心地去思考这些问题
I have thought that if I think hard enough about all of these things,
足够努力地寻找到这些问题的答案
and work hard enough to find the answers to all of them,
那我就能更好地掌握自己的表达
then I can somehow seize back a sense of control over my own narrative
让你们更好地认识我
and how I’m perceived by you.
在被要求做这次演讲后的大概一分钟内
And I thought about all of these things
我脑海里闪现了所有这些事情
within about a minute of being asked to give this talk.
我为什么是这样的?
Why am I like this?
[笑]
[Laugh]
嗯 这可能就是我!
Well, it could just be me!
迄今为止 我的人生的确有些许不同寻常
I’ve had a little bit of an unusual life so far.
十八岁时 带着要过成熟生活的计划
So when I was 18, I moved here to Sydney,
我搬家到了悉尼
with the plan to have a grownup life.
我做着人生中第一份全职零售工作
I got a full-time retail job for the first time,
住在新城的一间全是蟑螂的房间
I got a cockroach-filled room in new town,
我还计划要在悉尼大学取得艺术学位
and I was going to go to the University of Sydney to get an arts degree,
成为像艺术老师那样崇高且智慧的人
become something noble and wise like an art teacher.
然而 六个月后
And then, six months later,
我从大学退了学 跟男朋友分了手
I dropped out of uni and I broke up with my boyfriend
辞掉了工作 搬出了房子
and I quit my job and I moved out of my house,
就是为了计划成为网络红人
with the plan to become internet famous.
[笑]
[Laugh]
我肯定 我父母被吓坏了
My parents were thrilled. I’m sure.
为什么会这样?
So, why?
嗯 我的工作得心应手 大学生活一切顺利
Ah, I was doing fine at my job, I was doing fine at uni,
如果不是因为跟蟑螂拼速度
Ah, if not at pace with the cockroaches,
我也不会练就敏捷地从抽屉取杀虫剂的身手
I become very like quick on the drawer with the bug spray.
但 我的生活中总有一种空虚感和不满足感
But, I felt this sense of emptiness and unfulfillment in my life.
而当时只有一样东西可以让我高兴起来
There was one thing that did make me feel good.
互联网!
The internet!
那时候的2011年是很不同的时代
Our 2011 was a very different time.
但我痴迷的不是整个互联网 是其中的一个领域
But, not the whole internet, one very specific part of it.
那就是 脸书上的动漫真人秀
That was cosplaying on Facebook.
[观众席的欢呼声]
[A Cheer from the Audience]
我没想到这里会有欢呼声
I did not expect for a cheer for that.
[笑]
[Laugh]
所以 动漫真人秀对于我这个大书呆子来说真的很重要
So, cosplay was very important to me, a giant nerd.
作为一个奇怪又别扭的青少年
Being a weird awkward teenager,
当时我对它欲罢不能
I got super super into it.
这就是高中时期的我 还是不久之前的事
So, this is me, in high school, not long enough ago.
我感觉背景中的那幅澳大利亚国旗
I feel like the Australian flag in the background
在很牵强地配合我们
really just ties in together.
[笑]
[Laugh]
所以 我为此做了很多
So I did this a lot.
我制作服装 乔装参加动漫大会 拍宣传照
I was making costumes, dressing up going to conventions, doing photo shoots
还有这个动漫角色 Eve Beauregard 别问!
ah and this cosplay persona, Eve Beauregard. Don’t ask!
我真的乐在其中 也开始收获一些关注
And, I was really enjoying it and started to gain some attractions.
其中有两张宣传照快速走红
A couple of these photo shoots went virtual,
然后我开始想 管他的 说干就干
and that’s when I had my FILDI moment.
我决定把它当成我的事业
And I decided to make it my job.
所以 为什么不呢?
So, why still?
那个时候 即使我全身心投入到学业上
So at the time, no amount of throwing myself into my studies
即使我在Priceline卖掉成堆的香水
or selling heaps of perfume at Priceline could make me feel as good
也不及我分享服装和新的宣传照时的快乐
as sharing a new costume or a new photoshoot
更何况 我是在跟与我志同道合的人一起分享
with a group of people who love the same things that I did.
就好像这个圈子真的相信我可以达成所愿
It felt like this community really believed that I could do anything that I set my mind to.
最终 当我拍了很多宣传照
So eventually, after many many photo shoots
学习了一切有关社交媒体和社区管理
and learning all about social medium and community management,
并被喷胶枪烧伤很多次 熬过几个通宵之后
many glue gun burns and all nighters later,
我最终决定进军游戏业 为游戏公司做事
I eventually decided to get jobs in the games industry, working for games companies.
所以 我会旅行参加动漫大会
So I would travel to conventions.
穿着高跟鞋紧身内衣 带着假发
And I would spend eight hours a day on my feet,
画着浓妆
sometimes up to five days at a time,
每天站八个小时 有时连续站五天
in big high heels and corsets and wigs, like makeups
这样折磨自己
and all kinds of forms of torture
呃 一整天我都会跟人们介绍电子游戏
Eh, and I would talk to people about video games all day,
回想起来 这简直就是炼狱
which upon reflection does sound like hell.
但在那时 这些都是奇妙且激励人心的经历
But at the time, it was very energizing and an amazing experience,
因为我周游全世界 就是为了找到一些认可
cause I was traveling the world, finding these pockets of acceptance.
我的感觉是真实明确的
And what I was feeling was validation.
但那种感觉并没有持续很久
But that feeling didn’t last forever.
不久之后 我就感觉
So before too long, I found it harder and harder
越来越难维持这么多产出和情感投入
to keep up with the same level of output and emotional investment.
以前通宵达旦冲刺最后期限的想法
The thought of doing all nighter to hit a crazy deadline
再也无法提起我的兴致
was no longer exciting to me.
我害怕这份工作
I dreaded doing the work.
我用不切实际的高预期胁迫着自己
I was holding myself hostage with ridiculously high expectations.
也因此 我开始仇视身边的人们
And then because of that, I started to resent the people around me.
直到最后 我开始指责自己
And then ultimately, I blamed myself.
我说 你知道这都是你一手造成的 你工作狂
I said you know you’ve done this to yourself, you work too hard
现在开始滞后 开始感觉劳累过度
and you can’t keep up and you’re burned out.
我说对了一件事 我的确劳累过度
And I was right about one thing, I was burned out.
我当时没想到的是……
Now, what I wasn’t thinking about was
你在笑什么?这并不是件喜事!
Which part of that are you laughing at? This was really bad!
我当时没想到 动漫真人秀领域还有更糟糕的事
What I wasn’t thinking about was the more toxic parts of the cosplay world.
是的 作为一名在线动漫真人秀玩家
So yeah, being a cosplayer on line
与之相伴出现的还有歧视女性观点的散布
comes with a lot of misogynistic trolling
混蛋照片甚至更糟
and dick pics and worse,
然后还有个人骚扰 喝倒彩的嘘声 和咸猪手
and then in person harassment, catcalling, groping.
我在这个领域做得越多 遇到的那些事情也越多
And as I was doing more work in that space, these things were happening more.
但当时没有意识到 是这些糟糕经历使得我想放弃
But I wasn’t seeing a correlation between having those experiences and wanting to quit,
这似乎很奇怪
which seems weird.
但当时 我真的很幸运
But at the time, I got really lucky
因为 我对这个圈子的热爱
because my love of these communities
最终把我引向了社区管理的工作
eventually led to jobs in community management,
然后把我带到市场推广的工作
which then led to jobs in marketing,
再然后是电子游戏制作的工作
which then led to jobs in video game production.
再不久之后 我开始制作电子游戏
So then before too long, I was making video games.
你们知道 在我24岁时
You know, at 24 years old,
我所热衷的电子游戏是属于我的
I was the game runner on my very own video game
而且我还是它的管理者
that I loved so much.
但是 相同的循环发生了
But, the same cycle played out.
我爱上了电子游戏和电子游戏开发
I fell in love with video games and video game development.
可事实证明游戏产业真的处境艰难
But turns out the game industry is actually really hard.
年轻人就业时有诸多困难
You know in many ways,
而我认为在很多方面
I think the game industry combines a lot of the difficult things
游戏产业跟这些困难捆绑在一起
that young people face entering the workforce,
是突然的也是永久的
but all at once and forever.
不管是通过实习还是加班
So there is a high expectation of unpaid work,
人们对无偿工作有着很高的期待
whether it’s through internships or crunch
游戏产业是个快速变幻的领域
It’s a rapidly changing space,
有着非常激烈的竞争
it’s highly competitive.
在平等的问题上 我们还有很长的路要走
And we have a long way to go when it comes to equality.
所以 游戏开发者工作过度的倾向
So the inclination of game developers to be overworked
反映的不是我们个人
it’s not a reflection of us as people,
而是我们所处的整个行业
but of the space that we operate in.
而我也不例外
And I was no exception.
我曾想要做到面面俱到
I wanted to tick every single box that a person can tick,
这样 我可能会与众不同 每天早上醒来玩电子游戏
so that I could be one of the special people who got to wake up every day and play video games.
我想过如果我废寝忘食地工作
I thought if I worked hard enough and long enough,
那我就会成为行业中的幸存者
then I would be one of the people the industry didn’t chew up and spit out.
再一次 我很幸运
But again, I got lucky.
在这期间 针对劳累过度的各种症状
Around this time, the game industry decided to have
游戏业决定开展一些真正坦率的讨论
really open and transparent conversations about the symptoms of burnout,
以及这些症状是怎样在个人生活及专业上影响我们的
and how they affect us personally and professionally.
例如 情绪衰竭 注意力涣散 焦虑 悲观 冷漠
So stuff like emotional exhaustion, difficulty concentrating, anxiety, pessimism, apathy.
首先要了解的是劳累过度是什么
Prior to learning that this is what burnout was.
我将会在周三讲述这些
I would describe that as a Wednesday.
由于我知道了这些
But, now that I knew this,
所以当我开始对游戏产生疲倦 劳累时
when I started to burnout in games,
我并没有责备自己
I didn’t blame myself.
关于千禧一代的劳累过度这种现象
There’s a quote from BuzzFeed article about
我很喜欢Buzzfeed的文章中的语录
millennial burnout that I really like.
它说:“我从未认为制度是公平的
So it says, ” I never thought the system was equitable.
我知道对于极少部分人而言 它是可战胜的
I knew it was winnable only for a small few.
我相信 不断地优化提升自己就会成为那其中之一”
I just believed I could continue to optimize myself to become one of them.”
可我环顾四周 发现公司里没有其他女员工
No, I looked around me and I saw no other women in my company.
透过玻璃门 我看向董事会会议室
I looked through the glass door of the boardroom,
发现会议桌旁从未有过我的座位
and saw that I hadn’t been offered my seat at the table.
我意识到 再怎么过度劳累
I saw that no amount of burning myself our
再怎么努力把自己锻造成完美员工
and trying to forge myself into the perfect worker
也没有改变游戏行业核心的制度问题
had changed the systemic problem at the core of my industry.
我好像把自己扔进了绞肉机里
I was throwing myself into a meat grinder,
期待着它能与众不同地对待我
hoping that it would treat me differently to the rest of the meat.
相比当初对动漫真人秀的热爱 我可能更热衷于游戏
Now maybe I love games more than I loved cosplay,
或者我只是变得又老又顽固
or maybe I’m just older and more stubborn,
又或者喷胶枪的气味以某种方式影响了我
or maybe the glue gun fumes affected me in some kind of way.
但是 我决定了要为此而做些什么
But I decided to do something about it.
所以 这就是为什么
So, that’s why I created the Working Lunch
我创立了旨在切实改变世界的午餐会议
with the manageable goal of changing the world.
午餐会议是一个社交型企业
So the Working Lunch is a social enterprise
它向那些被忽略人群和游戏产业
that offers mentorship and professional development opportunities
提供指导和专业的发展机会
for underrepresented people and game industry.
我们接收那些长期势单力薄 不被善待的人
So we take people who are constantly outnumbered and undeserved.
向他们提供技术 资源 工具和关系网
And we provide them with skills and resources and tools and contacts
在他们遭遇劳累过度和自弃的头两年
to help them navigate those first couple of years
帮助他们平稳度过
where so many of us burn out and drop off.
现在再回头看
Now, I looked around me
我知道我有很多真实存在的糟糕问题
and I thought you know my problems are real and they suck.
但相比我很多的同伴 我也拥有着海量的特权
But I also have an enormous amount of privilege compare to a lot of my peers.
而如何利用好那些特权也是一种责任
And it’s a sense of responsibility for how you should use that.
所以 我利用自己在动漫行业
So I took my contacts and my resources
和游戏行业的关系网和资源
from my cosplay career and my games career,
从中获得赞助者 合伙人 导师和管理者
to get sponsors and partners and mentors and executives
并把他们聚在一起探讨该如何改善游戏的大环境
all in the right room to talk to each other to make games a better place.
所以 我最大的体会是
So my big learning from all of this.
我知道在一间教室 董事会议室或者餐厅里
I know how it feels to be the only person like you
作为一个异类是什么感受
in a classroom or a boardroom or a lunchroom.
我知道再多的焦虑也无济于事
And I know that no amount of burning yourself out changes anything,
改变不了身边人和决策者 我们什么也改变不了
without changing the people around you and the people who make decisions that affect all of us.
我因此而学到的就是
So, the learning is
更好的自己治愈不了千禧一代的劳累过度
the cure for millennial burnout is not a better you,
一个更好的世界才可以
it’s a better world.
我希望你们能坚持 创造一个更好的世界
And I hope you will stick around to make one.
[掌声和欢呼声]
[Applause And Cheers]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

焦虑 悲观厌世 冷漠 精神涣散…… 我们该如何治愈这千禧一代的倦怠?

听录译者

红宝石

翻译译者

红宝石

审核员

审核员_DY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsOP8DfLYR8

相关推荐