未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

每个人种都有其美丽之处

The beauty of human skin in every color | Angélica Dass

从最后一个废除奴隶制的国家算起
It has been 128 years
已经过去了128年
since the last country in the world abolished slavery
距离马丁路德金发表
and 53 years
“我有一个梦想”已经过去53年
since Martin Luther King pronounced his “I Have A Dream” speech.
但是我们至今仍然生活在
But we still live in a world
一个以肤色取人的世界
where the color of our skin not only gives a first impression,
而且人们肤色带来的印象挥之不去
but a lasting one that remains.
我出生于一个有多色人种的家庭
I was born in a family full of colors.
我的父亲是女仆的儿子
My father is the son of a maid
他从他母亲那里继承了黝黑的巧克力色皮肤
from whom he inherited an intense dark chocolate tone.
父亲被我的祖父母收养
He was adopted by those who I know as my grandparents.
我的祖母 是一位女酋长
The matriarch, my grandma,
她有着陶瓷般的皮肤和棉密的头发
has a porcelain skin and cotton-like hair.
我祖父的肤色则是介于香草酸奶和 草莓酸奶的颜色之间的
My grandpa was somewhere between a vanilla and strawberry yogurt tone,
我的伯伯和堂兄也是这样的
like my uncle and my cousin.
我的妈妈的母亲是一个巴西人 她的皮肤是肉桂色
My mother is a cinnamon-skin daughter of a native Brazilian,
加上一撮榛子和蜂蜜
with a pinch of hazel and honey,
她父亲的肤色是牛奶与咖啡的混合
and a man [who is] a mix of coffee with milk,
但是咖啡的比例特别重
but with a lot of coffee.
她有两个姐妹
She has two sisters.
一个拥有像烤花生一样颜色的皮肤
One in a toasted-peanut skin
而另一个
and the other,
也是被收养的
also adopted,
有更偏向米黄色的皮肤
more on the beige side,
像煎饼一样
like a pancake.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
成长在这样的家庭
Growing up in this family,
肤色对我来说从来不重要
color was never important for me.
但是 一出家门 情况马上就变了
Outside home, however, things were different soon.
肤色意味着很多其他意思
Color had many other meanings.
我记得我在学校里的第一节绘画课
I remember my first drawing lessons in school
内心充满矛盾的感觉
as a bunch of contradictory feelings.
那节课很愉快有趣
It was exciting and creative
可我无法理解那支奇怪的肉色铅笔
but I never understood the unique flesh-colored pencil.
我是肉做的 可我的皮肤并不是粉白色
I was made of flesh but I wasn’t pink.
我的皮肤是棕色的 可人们说我是个黑人
My skin was brown, and people said I was black.
七岁的我被这些颜色弄得晕头转向
I was seven years old with a mess of colors in my head.
后来
Later,
当我带我表妹去上学
when I took my cousin to school,
我常被认作是她的保姆
I was usually taken for the nanny.
当我在朋友的聚会上帮厨时
By helping in the kitchen at a friend’s party,
人们以为我是个女仆
people thought I was the maid.
我甚至被当作妓女
I was even treated like a prostitute
只因为我和来自欧洲的朋友们在沙滩上散步
just because I was walking alone on the beach with European friends.
很多次
And many times,
当我去拜访住在高档公寓的祖母和朋友们时
visiting my grandma or friends in upper class buildings,
我被建议不要使用主电梯
I was invited not to use the main elevator.
因为终究
Because in the end,
有着这样肤色和头发的我
with this color and this hair,
是不属于这样的地方的
I cannot belong to some places.
某种程度上
In some way,
我已经有些习惯并接受了
I get to used to it and accept part of it.
但是 我内心的某个东西仍然在翻腾着
However, something inside of me keeps revolving and struggling.
几年后 我跟一个西班牙人结了婚
Years later I married a Spaniard.
但不是一个普通的西班牙人
But not any Spaniard.
我选择了一个有着像晒伤的龙虾一样肤色的人
I chose one with the skin color of a lobster when sunburnt.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
从那以后 一个新的问题开始盘亘在我脑海
Since then, a new question started to chase me.
你的孩子将会是什么肤色?
What will be the color of your children?
你知道 这是我最不担心的问题
As you can understand, this is my last concern.
但是这么想着
But thinking about it,
结合我之前的背景
with my previous background,
我的经历让作为摄影师的我选择历练自己
my story led me to make my personal exercise as a photographer.
这就是Humanae的由来
And that is how Humanae was born.
Humanae追求的是对我们真正颜色的展现
Humanae is a pursuit to highlight our true colors,
而不是虚假的
rather than the untrue
与种族有关的白色、红色、黑色、黄色
white, red, black or yellow associated with race.
它是一个挑战我们标准的游戏
It’s a kind of game to question our codes.
它是一个正在进行的 从个人故事到全球历史的项目
It’s a work in progress from a personal story to a global history.
我照的每一个肖像都是白色背景
I portray the subjects in a white background.
接着 我在人物的鼻子上选择11平方像素
Then I choose an 11-pixel square from the nose,
用来填充背景
paint the background,
并在潘通色卡上找到对应的颜色
and look for the corresponding color in the industrial palette, Pantone.
我从我的家人和朋友开始
I started with my family and friends,
接着越来越多的人加入了这场探险
then more and more people joined the adventure,
感谢社交网络上的宣传
thanks to public calls coming through the social media.
我认为展示我作品的空间主要是网络
I thought that the main space to show my work was the Internet
因为我想用一个开放的理念去邀请每个人
because I want an open concept that invites everybody
在计算机上和他们的脑海中按下分享键
to push the share button in both the computer and their brain.
很快 雪球效应开始显现
The snowball started to roll.
这个项目受到了热烈的欢迎
The project had a great welcome —
邀请 展览
invitations, exhibitions,
实体版本
physical formats,
画廊 博物馆
galleries and museums …
就这样发生了
just happened.
在它们之中 我最喜欢的:
And among them, my favorite:
当Humanae占据公共空间
when Humanae occupies public spaces
出现在街头上时
and appears in the street,
它引起了一场广泛的讨论
it fosters a popular debate
营造了一种社区氛围
and creates a feeling of community.
我拍摄了超过3000人的头像
I have portrayed more than 3,000 people
他们来自13个不同的国家
in 13 different countries,
世界上19个不同的城市
19 different cities around the world.
我所拍下的人里
Just to mention some of them —
有福布斯排行榜上的富豪
from someone included in the Forbes list,
也有乘船穿过地中海的难民
to refugees who crossed the Mediterranean by boat.
有法国联合国教科文组织总部 也有当地一个避难所
In Paris, from the UNESCO Headquarters to a shelter.
有来自瑞士的学生 也有巴西贫民窟的学生
And students both in Switzerland and favelas in Rio de Janeiro.
各种信仰
All kinds of beliefs,
性别身份
gender identities
或者身体缺陷
or physical impairments,
新生儿或临终病人
a newborn or terminally ill.
我们所有人一起建立了Humanae
We all together build Humanae.
这些头像让我们反省我们是怎样看待彼此的
Those portraits make us rethink how we see each other.
当现代科学在质疑种族这一概念时
When modern science is questioning the race concept,
黑种人、白种人、黄种人、红种人到底意味着什么?
what does it mean for us to be black, white, yellow, red?
是眼睛、鼻子、嘴巴、头发吗?
Is it the eye, the nose, the mouth, the hair?
还是与我们的出身
Or does it have to do with our origin,
民族
nationality
或者银行账户有关?
or bank account?
这样的个人历练最后变成一次发现
This personal exercise turned out to be a discovery.
我猛然意识到Humanae对许多人来说都是有用的
Suddenly I realized that Humanae was useful for many people.
它代表了一种镜子
It represents a sort of mirror
给那些在任何标签里都找不到自己的人
for those who cannot find themselves reflected in any label.
最奇妙的是
It was amazing
人们开始跟我分享他们关于这个项目的想法
that people started to share their thoughts about the work with me.
我已经收到成百上千的想法
I have hundreds of that,
我也会跟你们分享
I will share with you, too.
一个11岁孩子的妈妈
A mother of 11 years —
一个11岁女孩的妈妈写信给我
A mother of an 11-year-old girl wrote me,
“对我来说它是一个给孩子建立信心的非常好的工具
“Very good for me as a tool to work on her confidence,
上周
as this past weekend
她的一个朋友跟她吵架 说她不属于挪威
one of her girlfriends argued with her that she does not belong
也不应该在挪威生活
and should not be allowed to live in Norway.
所以 你的作品对我来说 是很特别
So your work has a very special place in my heart
很重要的存在“
and it’s very important for me.”
一位女士在脸书上分享了她的头像并写道:
A woman shared her portrait on Facebook and wrote,
”这一生
“All my life,
世界各地的人都难以将我限定在一个群体
people from across the globe had difficulties to place me in a group,
一种成见
a stereotype,
一个盒子里
a box.
或许 我们应该停止
Perhaps we should stop.
与其用条条框框去设定 不如问问那个人:
Instead of framing, ask the individual,
你是怎么定义你自己的?
‘How would you label yourself?’
然后我就会说:
Then I would say,
‘你好 我叫Massiel.
‘Hi. I’m Massiel.
我是多米尼加-荷兰人
I’m a Dominican-Dutch,
我在一个混血的家庭长大
I grew up in a mixed family
我是一个双性恋
and I’m a bisexual woman.’ “
除了这些让人意想不到 令人感动的反应
Besides these unexpected and touching reactions,
Humanae还在不同的领域里发现了新的作用
Humanae finds a new life in a different variety of fields.
举几个例子
Just to show you some examples,
插画家和艺术生
illustrators and art students
在他们的草图和学习中把Huamnae作为一种参考
using it as a reference for their sketches and their studies.
它是一个脸谱的集合
It’s a collection of faces.
各领域的研究人员
Researchers in the fields of anthropology,
包括人类学、物理学和神经科学
physics and neuroscience
把Humanae与不同的科学的方法相结合
use Humanae with different scientific approaches
应用于人类种族划分
related to human ethnicity,
病理学
optophysiology,
人脸识别
face recognition
和阿尔兹海默症
or Alzheimer’s.
这个项目造成的最重大的影响之一
One of the most important impacts of the project
是Humanae被选做《外交事务》的封面
is that Humanae was chosen to be the cover of Foreign Affairs,
这本书是如今最中肯的政治出版物之一
one of the most relevant political publications.
说到外交事务
And talking about foreign affairs,
我找到了我项目的完美大使…
I found the perfect ambassadors for my project …
老师们
teachers.
他们是以教育为目的使用Humanae的一群人
They are the ones that use Humanae as a tool for educational purposes.
他们的激情鼓舞了我 让我又回到了绘画班
Their passion encourages me to go back to drawing classes,
不过这一次 我是作为老师回去的
but this time as a teacher myself.
我的学生们
My students,
有大人也有小孩
both adults and kids,
给自己画肖像画
paint their self-portraits,
试着去发现自身独特的色彩
trying to discover their own unique color.
作为一个摄影师
As a photographer,
我意识到我可以成为他人沟通的渠道
I realize that I can be a channel for others to communicate.
作为一个人
As an individual,
作为Angélica
as Angélica,
每当我照一张照片时
every time I take a picture,
我就感觉像是坐在心理医生面前
I feel that I am sitting in front of a therapist.
我曾经的所有的挫折、恐惧和孤独
All the frustration, fear and loneliness
那些曾经感受的情绪…
that I once felt …
都成了爱
becomes love.
最后一个国家
The last country —
这世界上最后一个废除奴隶制的国家
the last country in the world who abolished slavery
就是我出生的那个国家
is the country where I was born,
巴西
Brazil.
我们仍需为消除歧视努力
We still have to work hard to abolish discrimination.
因为这个问题在全世界依旧存在
That remains a common practice worldwide,
且不会自己消失
and that will not disappear by itself.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
(鼓掌)
(Applause)
谢谢
Thank you.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

安洁莉卡.达斯在TED上做了一次演讲,主题是各样色彩的肤色之美。关于肤色,关于种族,小伙伴们的认知是如何的?让这个世界需要更多的爱。我们团结起来,共建美好生活吧

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Ljimnn

审核员

赖皮

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiMgOklgeos

相关推荐