ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

别再说这三个日常单词了 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

别再说这三个日常单词了

The 3 (everyday) words you should NEVER say

(欢快的音乐)
(upbeat music)
-大家好 欢迎来到 “跟Lucy学英语”
– Hello everyone, and welcomeback to English With Lucy. Today,
今天我将向你讲述
I’ve got animportant lesson for you
关于三个你永远不应该说
about the three words youshould never, ever say
或者用的英语单词
or use in English.
这个课程将帮助你全方位提升英语
This lesson is going tohelp you improve all apects
特别是你的词汇量和写作能力
of your English, but in particular, your vocabulary and your writing.
还会提升你的口语 听力 还有叙述能力
But it will also help with speaking, listening, and storytelling as well.
如果你想让自己更具专业性
It’s also going to be especially useful
那这个视频会对你特别有帮助
if you want to sound more professional.
稍后会详细介绍
But more about that later.
在我们开始之前
Before we get started,
还有一件事要说 它可以彻底地帮助你提高英语语言技能
I’d like to mention one other thing that can drastically improve your English language skills.
它是Lingoda语言马拉松
It’s the Lingoda Language Marathon.
我将在视频的最后全面地介绍
I’m going to talk about this fully at the end of the video,
你也可以滑动进度条 跳转播放
but you can go to the time shown
到屏幕这里的时间点
on the screen now
如果你想现在就了解的话
if you want to know aboutit right this second. Basically,
你可以上90天的英语课
you an do 90days of English lessons
与有资历的母语老师一起学习
with qualified native teachers
课程完成后 所有费用全额退还
and get your full course fee refunded.
总共是807欧元
That’s up to 807 euros.
首先 让我们继续今天的课程
But first, let’s get on with the lesson.
第一个你永远不应该
The first word that you should never,
说或写的英语单词是
ever say or write in English is,
难道我不敢说吗
dare I even say it?
是“very”
It’s very. Now,
我刚刚说过这个可怕的小词
I’ve spoken about thishorrible little word before.
但我认为
But I think it’s essential
理解为什么你永远不应该使用它很重要
that you understand why you should never use it.
上帝不容许这个词出现在
Especially when writing, and God forbid,
随笔和考试的写作中
in essays and exams.
“very”是一个非常无力的单词
Very is a very weak word.
天啊我又说了一遍这个词
See what I did there.
它不能传达足够的信息
It doesn’t communicate enough information,
在我看来
and in my opinion it’s one
它是英语中最无用的单词之一
of the most useless words in the English language.
它能做的只是放大其他的词的意思
All it does is magnify another word.
那么如何避免使用它呢
So how can you avoid using it,
如果有这种情况的话 你应该用什么来代替呢
and what should you say instead, if anything.
我将提供给你一些选项
I’m going to give you some options, and I
我将给你很多可以使用的词汇
‘m going to give you loads of vocabulary that you can
这些词会让你听起来像个pro
use that will make you sound like a total pro,
也就是专业人员的缩写
short for professional.
首先 让我来问你个问题
First I’m going to ask you a question.
下面的句子哪个听起来更棒
Which of these sounds better?
“观众被非常大的噪音吓到了”
The audience were very scaredby the very loud noise.
或者“观众被震耳欲聋的噪音吓到了”
Or the audience were veryscared by the deafening noise.
在我看来 第二个更好
I mean, I think the second one sounds better.
我做了什么呢
What have I done?
我把形容词“very”和“very loud”
I have replaced very andthe adjective, very loud,
换成了更生动形象的形容词
with one powerful adjectivethat serves very’s purpose.
观众怎么了?他们对什么害怕呢?
What about the audience,where they very scared?
我们可以想想更棒的词吗?
Can we think of something better?
“惊呆的”怎么样?
How about, petrified?
“观众们被震耳欲聋的声音惊呆了”
The audience were petrifiedby the deafening noise.
更棒了 而且我们用的词更少了
So much better, and we’ve used less words,
对有词数限制的散文写作很有帮助
which is much better for essay writing because you have word limits.
这里有一些例词可以
Here are some examplesof words that you can use
避免使用“very”
instead of very plus adjective.
非常坏→凶残的
Very bad, atrocious.
非常贫穷→穷困潦倒的
Very poor, destitute.
非常危险→冒险的
Very risky, perilous.
非常累→筋疲力尽的
Very tired, exhausted.
非常饿的→狼吞虎咽的
Very hungry, ravenous.
我认为这是我最喜欢的词之一
That is one of my favourite words I think.
多么奇妙的词啊 狼吞虎咽的
What a fantastic word, ravenous.
非常干净→无瑕疵的
And very clean, spotless.
我真的认为找一些更形象的形容词
I actually think findingthese more powerful adjectives
有许多乐趣 它使你的写作
is loads of fun, and it makes your writing
和你的演讲更生动 此外
and your speech so much more descriptive. Plus,
你无意识地听起来像是熟练的掌握了英语
you automatically sound like you know so
因为你知道这些
much more English because you’ve got all these
有时甚至连英语母语者都不知道的词
words that sometimes even natives don’t know.
我想是时候给你们布置点作业了 是的
I think this calls for some homework. Yes,
即使在YouTube上看视频也有作业
even in free YouTubevideos you do get homework.
我希望你在视频下方的评论区里
I want you to comment below with at least three alternatives
写下至少三个可以避免“very”的形容词
for very plus an adjective.
让我们看看我们会有多少条评论
Let’s see how many wecan get under the video
别忘了看看其他人的评论
and make sure to check outeveryone else’s responses,
这样我们可以得到更多的例词
so we have this hugeresource for everyone to use. Go,
行动起来吧!
go, go.
评论三个
Comment three.
好了
Right.
下一个单词
The next one. Oh,
哦 多么糟糕的一个单词啊
what a terrible word.
“Said”
Said.
“Said”
Said.
多么无趣的单词 它表达不出任何含义
It’s such a boring word, itdoesn’t tell me anything. Now,
现在 我将要介绍的可替换“said”的单词
the word replacements I’m going
更倾向于书面写作
to tell you are more geared towards writing,
不过这也会帮助提升你的演讲能力
but it will help you with your speaking,
当你与别人交流时 这会使你的叙述更清楚
and definitely your storytelling when you’re recounting a lot of dialogue.
所以为什么你不应该用“said”呢?
So why shouldn’t you say said?
因为这个词真的很令人厌烦 这就是原因
Because it’s bloody boring, that’s why.
读一下这个句子
Read this.
“我将永远的离开你”她说“不”
I’m leaving you forever, she said. No,
他说
he said.
多么的无趣的对话啊
How dull is that?
让我们再试一遍 不过换一个词
Let’s try again, but changingup the dialogue words.
“我将永远的离开你”她宣布道“不!”
I’m leaving you forever, she announced. No,
他哭喊 看到了吧
he cried. See,
更棒了 对吧?
so much better, right?
我们也可以用副词来再提升一
We could take it one stepfurther with adverbs as well,
但要有所注意
but be careful with these,
因为有时这会使文章看起来有点繁杂
’cause sometimes it can make the writing a little bit busy.
要时不时注意将它们分散开来
Scatter them in every now and again.
“我将会永远地离开你”她亮声宣布 “不”
I’m leaving you forever,she announced powerfully. No,
他悲伤地哭喊道 看
he cried pathetically. See,
现在更丰富了 不是吗
so jazzy now, isn’t it?
我是一个相当慷慨的老师
Now I am a very generous teacher,
组织了一列表超级赞的对话单词
and I have curated a list of amazing dialogue words
供你在写作和交谈中使用
that you can use in your writing and in your speech,
但便捷的谷歌查询
but a quick Google search
也会提供给你成百上千的替代词
will leave you withhundreds of alternatives,
所以确保你做好修订
so make sure you do your revision.
我将列表分区块 愤怒
I’ve organised mine into sections. Anger,
咆哮 厉声喝道 谨慎的
bellowed, snapped, cautioned. Affection,
感情:慰藉 安慰 抚慰
consoled, comforted, soothed. Excitement,
激动:喋喋不休 (感情)迸发 惊叫
babbled, gushed, exclaimed. Fear,
恐惧:结巴 倒吸一口凉气 尖叫
stammered, gasped, screamed. Determination,
果断:声明 坚持 命令
declared,insisted, commanded.
如果我很喜欢这节课的话该用什么呢
Can you tell I’m reallyenjoying this lesson? Happiness,
快乐:惊叹 (情感)迸发 有趣
sighed, gushed, laughed. Sadness,
悲伤:啜泣 呻吟 哀悼
sobbed, moaned, lamented.
矛盾:嘲笑 责骂 怒视
Show conflict, sneered, scolded, glowered.
娱乐:戏弄 咯咯笑 哄笑
To show amusement, teased,chortled, guffawed.
讲故事:叙述 回忆 摘要
And for storytelling,recounted, recalled, resumed.
我希望这些词对你有帮助
I hope those are really useful for you.
就像我之前说的 便捷的谷歌查询
As I said before, a quick Google search,
可以为你提供一页又一页的替换例词
and you’ll have pages andpages of alternatives to said.
准备好学习最后一个不该用的词了吗
Are you ready for the last word that you should never, ever use?
它是“thing” 对
It is, thing. Yeah,
我知道
I know.
多么糟糕啊
Awful isn’t it?
它难道不是最糟糕的单词吗
Isn’t it just the most awful word?
世界上最让人沮丧苦恼的词
The most frustrating andannoying word in the world.
我的男友总是冲我喊 Luce
My boyfriend always shouts to me, Luce,
你把东西放到哪了?
where did you put the thing?
我回答说 什么“东西”啊
And I reply, what thing?
他说 你知道的 那个“东西”
And then he says, you know, the thing.
真是气死我了
It’s infuriating.
当我们想不起来某些东西的名字时
Words like thing, and stuff,are convenient placeholders.
“thing”这样的词 是方便的替代词
When we can’t rememberthe name of something
当我们分心时 我们也可以用它
or we get distracted, we use them instead.
在交流中 这样的习惯很难改掉
It’s actually really hard to kick this habit in conversation,
所以日常中的使用要求并不是很严格
so I’m not so strict with that.
但是在写作中不可以用这个词
But it is so important that we don’t use them in writing.
这会使文章非常松散
That’s just lazy.
总有一个更好的词可以代换它
There is always a better word.
比如说 我看着这些东西
For example, I lookedat all of the things.
我很悲伤
I felt sad.
你不知道什么东西使我悲伤
You don’t know anything aboutwhat’s making me feel sad.
那如果我这样说呢
How’bout if I say it like this?
我看着母亲童年时的泰迪熊和其他玩具
I looked at all of my mother’s childhood teddies and possessions.
我感到很悲伤
I felt sad. There,
这里 因为我告诉你很多背景信息
I tell you loads ofinformation about the situation,
所以你明白我为什么很伤心
and you understand why I feel so sad.
前后的差异多么显著 但总有很多人
Seems obvious, but it’samazing how many people
在写作中用含糊不清的“东西”
use thing in their writing.
所以 别再用这三个我“said”的“thing”了
In conclusion, stopsaying these three things.
这“very”重要
I’ve said it before,but it’s very important.
啊 多好笑啊
(laughs) Ah, I did a funny.
我讲了个冷笑话
I made a joke. Okay,
好了 现在该谈谈
it is now time to talk
事情的来龙去脉了
about the ins and outs,
这个成语的意思是 所有的细节
an idiom meaning all the details,
关于Lingoda语言马拉松
of the Lingoda Language Marathon
你可以在这里学习法语 西班牙语 德语 英语
which you can do for French,Spanish, German, English,
还有商务英语
and business English.
喝彩声
(fanfare blasts)
全新的课程 喔嚯
It’s new, oo!
实际上 商务英语让我非常兴奋
And actually, business Englishhas got me really excited,
因为我知道很多人学习英语
because I know so many ofyou are learning English
来提高自己的职业前景 找到工作
to improve your careerprospects and to find a job.
学习语言并掌握所学内容
The best way to learn a language
的最好方法
and retain what you have learned
就是每天都学一点点
is to study a little bit every day
并与以其为母语的人对话练习
and to practise with native speakers.
我知道你们很多人
I know that a lot of you do
没有时间或财力
n’t have the time or the funds,
也就是钱 去参加外教课
the money, to attend in-person classes,
所以Lingoda提供了这样一个
so Lingoda is offering a really affordable
价格实惠又方便的解决方案
and convenient solution.
如果你之前没有听说过Lingoda
If you haven’t heard of Lingoda before,
这是一家线上语言学校
it’s an online language school,
在这里你可以与有资历的本地的老师一起学习
where you can study with native qualified teachers anywhere,
任何时间 任何地点 只要你有一台笔记本
anytime, aslong as you have a laptop
和稳定的网络连接
and a stable internet connection.
你就可以在虚拟的教室里
You study in a virtual classroom
与小组一起学习
with very small group sizes.
没有必要出门
There’s no need to travel.
在家里就可以学习 周末 晚上
Study at home, weekends, evenings,
清晨五点钟 任何你想学习的时间
five o’ clock in the morning, whenever you want.
我自己参加过这个课程
I’ve tried the classes out myself,
我认为对于我这样比较忙碌的人
and I think it’s a fantastic service
这是一项出色的服务
for busy people like me. So,
话说回来 什么是Lingoda语言马拉松呢
what is the Lingoda Language Marathon?
Lingoda想给你提供额外的学习动力
Lingoda want to offer you anextra source of motivation,
毕竟马拉松可不是随便的在公园里走走
because let’s face it, marathons are not a walk in the park.
成功地参与到小组课程中
Successfully take one group class
每天坚持 持续三个月后
every day for three months,
Lingoda会全额返还你的学费
and Lingoda will refundyour course fee in full.
我认为这件事是可以做到的
I think that’s achievable.
并且每年有很多学生成功拿到学费返还
And many students manage it every year.
如果这对你来说有些困难
But if that’s too much for you, but
而你想要挑战一下自己
you still want to challenge yourself, you can do
你可以参加半程马拉松 也就是一个月15节课
the half marathon which is 15 classes every month,
当你成功的完成半程马拉松
and when you complete them successfully,
Lingoda会给你返还费用的一半
Lingoda will refund half of your course fee.
如果你对参加英语马拉松有兴趣的话
If you’re interested in takingthe marathon in English,
你有两个选择
you have two options.
标准的英语马拉松适合各个阶段的学习者
The standard Englishmarathon is for all levels,
从入门到高级 它会帮助你提高你的综合能力
beginner to advanced, and it will help you improve your general fluency.
全新的商务英语马拉松适合那些
The new business English marathon
刚拿到工作或想要提升自己工作能力的人
is perfect for getting that new job or advancing in the workplace.
从面试技能中学到所有东西
Learn everything from interview skills,
写电邮 作报告
to writing emails, togiving presentations,
主持商务会议
to hosting business meetings.
请注意 这门课程只适用于英语水平达到B2或者更高的人
Please note, this is forEnglish levels B2 or above only.
马拉松从2018年10月1日开始起跑
The marathon runs fromthe 1st of October 2018,
2019年1月1日结束
to the 1st of January 2019.
别担心 Lingoda为你制定了特别的课程安排
And don’t worry, Lingoda havemade special arrangements
所以你不用在圣诞节假期学习
so you don’t have to take a class
也就是10月24 25 26
on the 24th, 25th,
如果你不想学习的话
or 26th of December if you don’t want to.
你必须在2018年9月21日前注册报名
You have to sign up beforethe 21st of September 2018,
付5欧元的报名费用
and pay the five euro entry fee,
但是如果你用了我的邀请码 learn1
but if you use my voucher code, learn1,
你只付50分就可以
you only have to pay 50 cents.
邀请码的链接在视频的下方 快来用吧
So use the code learn1 on the link below.
付完报名费后
After paying the entry fee that
你就已经确认参加马拉松了
secures your spot on the marathon,
同时你也自动参加了三个月的订阅
you automatically sign up for a three month long subscription.
每个月你都要交固定的金额
Every month you’ll becharged a fixed amount.
一共要交三次
That’s three times in total,
次数和金额取决于你参加哪种的马拉松
depending on which marathonyou choose to take.
如果你现在就订阅
If you subscribe straight away,
那么9月24日之前你不用缴费
you won’t be charged until the 24th of September,
不满意的话你仍可以退赛
but you can still cancelyour participation.
从报名到停止第一次缴费或拿到退款
You’ve got 14 days
你有14天的时间来决定
from signing up to stop your first payment or to get a refund for your first payment.
那么如何拿到退款呢?
So how do you get the refund?
Lingoda会全额返还马拉松课程的学费
Lingoda will refund yourmarathon tuition fee
前提是你上完规定数目的课程
in full, if you attend anagreed number of classes
在每一个参赛月之内
within each marathon month.
并且遵守合同条款中的规则
By following the contest rulesin the terms and conditions.
没有半点儿忽悠
There’s no trick or catch here.
你需要做的事情只有一个
The only thing that’s required from you,
就是每节报名的课都准时出席
is that you really show up on time to your lessons
并且积极地参与到课程中去
that you booked, and youactively participate.
如果你报名了一门课程 但错过了
If you book a class and miss it,
或者是没有成功的报名课程
or you fail to book a class at all,
你还是可以继续参加马拉松中的其他课程的
you’ll still be able tocontinue taking the classes
只不过你不会得到全额返还的学费
in the marathon, but you won’tbe eligible for the refund.
名额有限 所以尽快来报名吧
Places are limited, so makesure you sign up sooner
以免有任何失望
rather than later toavoid any disappointment.
我能给你的最重要的建议就是
The most important piece ofadvice that I can give you
仔细地阅读合同条款
is check the terms andconditions carefully
并且熟悉你自己的学习习惯
and familiarise yourselfreally, really well
想想自己是否能遵守条约
with all of the rules.
上一届的马拉松课程毕业学员说过
Past marathon graduates have said
这条建议是得到全额返还学费的关键
that this is the key to getting the full refund. So,
所以 你准备好开始这场
are you ready tostart the most important
为期三个月的语言学习之旅了吗
three months of yourlanguage learning journey?
点击下方简介中的链接并用我的邀请码
Click on the link in the description box and use my code, learn1,
来开始你的马拉松吧
to start your marathon.
如果你对马拉松有任何问题
If you have any questionsabout the marathon,
你可以直接联系Lingoda 他们出色的团队会帮助你
contact Lingoda directly, and their amazing, helpfulteam will assist you.
这就是视频的所有内容了
(sighs) That’s it for today’s video.
希望对你有帮助 你能从中学到点东西
I hope you enjoyed it, Ihope you learned something,
那些决定要去参加马拉松的人
and to those of you who’vedecided to take the marathon,
祝你们好运 你们正在做一件非常赞的事
best of luck, oh, you’redoing such an amazing thing.
别忘了关注我 并与我联系
Don’t forget to connect with me on all of my social media.
这是我的Facebook 这是我的Instagram
I’ve got my Facebook,I’ve got my Instagram,
这是我的Twitter
and I’ve got my Twitter.
那我们下一节课再见啦
And I will see you soonfor another lesson.
木马~
Mwah!
(哔哔的声音)英语的所有方面
(beeping)All aspects of your English,
特别是你的词汇量
but in particular your vocabulary.
这是我的手指 哈哈哈
There’s my finger. (laughing) Okay.
(哔哔的声音)
(beeping)
所以如何避免使用它呢
So how can you avoid using it,
你该用什么来替代它呢
and what should you say instead?
Bluh
Bluh.
(哔哔的声音)
(beeping)
(愉快的音乐)
(playful music)
(哔哔的声音)
(beeping)Scrap that,
康纳 (笑)
scrap that, Connor. (laughs)
(哔哔的声音)
(beeping)
不!
No!
(笑)
(laughing)
(哔哔的声音)我列举了一个表单
(beeping)I have curated a list
关于对话中的好词
of some fantastic dialogue,
Bluh
bluh.
(哔哔的声音)Bluh
(beeping)Bluh.
(哔哔的声音)表达娱乐:bloop
(beeping)Show amusement, bloop.
(哔哔的声音)喋喋不休 喷涌而出 什么
(beeping)Babbled, gushed, what.
(哔哔的声音)别再说
(beeping)Stop saying
这三个词了
these three things. (blows raspberry)
(哔哔的声音)名额有限
(beeping)Places are limited,
所以确保你soother报名
so make sure you sign up soother rather,
(笑)soother
(laughs) soother.
(哔哔的声音)如果你有
(beeping)If you have
任何关于mara,therp的问题
any questions about the mara, the therp.
(哔哔的声音)(笑)
(beeping)(laughing)
(欢快的音乐)
(upbeat music)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

跟着Lucy一起学习英语吧!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

热心市民胡女士

审核员

审核员_AK

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN-lr8fKNSg

相关推荐