ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

14岁女孩在车库里呆了2年,完成了难以想象的任务 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

14岁女孩在车库里呆了2年,完成了难以想象的任务

Teen Girl Rebuilds Car from Scratch

[切磨机打磨的声音]
[Saw sounds]
她打破了我们对于男孩和女孩
BOB EREKSON: She breaks the mold of what we think of as what girls are interested in versus
对什么感兴趣的固有观念
what guys are interested in.
她非常独特
She’s an individual.
焊接 打磨 切割 抛光
KATHRYN DiMARIA: Welding, grinding, cutting, sanding.
比起化妆打扮 我还是更喜欢把自己弄得满身机油
I’d much rather wear grease than makeup.
她脑子里满是工程师般的想法
BOB EREKSON: Her mind works like an engineer.
她总想搞明白一切
She wants to know why.
这原本只是她一个人私底下在做的一个项目
JERRY DiMARIA: The project kind of took on a life of its own.
可现在有几千个人等着看她将会做出什么成果
Now there’s literally thousands of people watching to see what she succeeds at next.
我是凯瑟琳恩·笛玛莉厄
KATHRYN DiMARIA: My name’s Kathryn DiMaria.
我今年14岁 我正在重修一辆庞蒂亚克Fiero
I’m 14-years-old, and I’m rebuilding a Pontiac Fiero.
[过渡音乐]
[Music]
嗨 今天要做什么
JERRY DiMARIA: Alright, what are you working on today?
我们先从焊接做起吧
KATHRYN DiMARIA: We’re gonna do welding first.
先焊接
JERRY DiMARIA: Welding first.

Okay!
我正在重修的车是一辆Fiero ’86 GT
KATHRYN DiMARIA: My car that I’m building is a Fiero ’86 GT.
车子的内部会被漆成黑色和黄色
It’s gonna be all black and yellow interior, and then the body’s gonna be gloss black with
车身则涂上油亮的黑色 再漆上黄色的条纹
yellow racing stripes.
我的车会速度飞快得像跑车一样…总之绝对炫酷
My car’s gonna be fast and sporty and just cool.
[中断声音]
[Music]
密歇根市有一个非常大的汽车文化中心
JERRY DiMARIA: Michigan has a great car culture.
那里是汽车运动起源的中心
Home of the Motor City.
那里是组装汽车非常好的地方
It’s a great place to be to work on a car.
我现在需要焊接車架纵梁后部
KATHRYN DiMARIA: I’m gonna be welding in the back of my frame rail right now.
我要在这里开出一英寸的縫 这样我就能有一英寸的空间 然后再在这里开出一英寸的缝
I’m gonna do one inch stitches, so I’ll have like an inch, no weld, and then an inch here.
12岁的那个夏天 我突然有了一个想法 想要建造我自己的车
I got the idea to build my car the summer before I turned 12.
在那之前 我和我的父亲去看了一两次汽車展览会 于是 引发了我思想的火花
I’d been to one or two car shows with my dad before, and so that’s where the idea sparked,
嗨 也许我也能改造一辆汽車呢
Hey, maybe I could rebuild a car.
[汽车音响音乐]
[Sparking noise]
她说:我想改装一辆汽車 这样在我16岁生日的時候 我能开上它
CLAIRE DiMARIA: She said, “I want to redo a car so that it’s done for my 16th birthday.”
就像这样 好吧
And it’s like, “Okay…”
我知道 除非我有很好的理由 不然他们不会同意的
KATHRYN DiMARIA: I just knew that it wouldn’t work unless I had good reasons.
但是我很喜欢 好吧 若是我造出了一辆汽车 起码我得到了经验
So I’m like, “Well, if I build a car than I get experience.
我大概知道了我的未來的职业生涯
I’d be able to possibly look into future careers…”
她喜欢这样 她说 我想要自己处理这个事情
JERRY DiMARIA: She’s like, “I’m gonna pay for it myself.
这个车只有两个座 所以我不会使很多朋友和我们一起陷入困境
It’ll be a car that only has two seats so I won’t have a lot of friends to get in trouble with.”
于是我们决定了 好吧 我们就让她去试试吧
So we decided, okay, we’ll let her try it.
[焊接声音]
[Saw sounds]
[广告音乐]
[Music]
Fiero
COMMERCIAL: Fiero.
不断发展的庞蒂亚克在创造新的辉煌
A brilliant example of Pontiac innovation in action.
[广告音乐]
[Music]
Fiero
COMMERCIAL: Fiero.
來自庞蒂亚克的Fiero
Only from Pontiac.
我挑选庞蒂亚克Fiero 因为她是所有曲线美的集合
KATHRYN DiMARIA: I picked the Pontiac Fiero cause it’s pretty much all curves.
她的任何一面都风情万种
There’s like no straight edges on it whatsoever.
并且她体积还很小 这样我画图会更容易些 改造她要比我想象更好些
And it’s little, so I figure it will be easier to build than like, rebuilding a huge semi
起码要比那些半挂卡车或其他什么车更容易些
truck or something.
[广告音乐]
[Music]
我个人花在我车上的金額大概超过2000美元
KATHRYN DiMARIA: The amount that I personally spend on my car has probably been over $2,000
这些钱主要來自于帮人照顾孩子和在网上卖我做的焊接工艺品所得
from babysitting and selling my welding art online.
她大概投身其中工作了1000小時 甚至更多
JERRY DiMARIA: She’s put in probably close to 1,000 hours of work, or maybe even more
从这一点來说
than that at this point.
所有的朋友都喜欢说:你应该化化妆
KATHRYN DiMARIA: All my friends are like, “You should be putting on makeup.
你应该和我们一样
You should be prancing around with us all.”
但是我说:我不能 我得为了我的车去工作了
And I’m like, “I can’t, gotta work on my car.”
他们说:你的车以后再说
They’re like, “Your car can wait.”
但是我回答道:不 你们以后再说
And I’m like, “No, you can wait.”
这就像是在《暮光之城》里 贝拉拥有的那个又老又旧的皮卡车
KATHRYN DiMARIA: It’s like in Twilight, Bella has this really old truck.
每一个人都因为这个而逗她 但是 她就是喜欢它
And everybody teases her about it, but she loves it.
同样的原理
Same principle.
[尴尬笑声]
[Music]
我认为她为什么能够做到的一个原因是 在这个项目上一直保持着兴趣
BOB EREKSON: One of the reasons why she’s been able to, uh, keep her interest in this
事实上 她一直在不断地学习 不断的学习新的技能
project is the fact that she continues to learn, um, and to learn new skills.
我现在拿在手里的是凸轮轴
KATHRYN DiMARIA: What I’m holding in my hands right now is my cam-shaft.
它的运转使气门挺杆运动 从而推动推杆 动力经由推杆传递给摇臂
It moves the lifters which moves the push rod which moves the rockers, which pushes
摇臂使气门弹簧压缩 从而使气门开始运动
down on the springs, which moves the valves.
到目前为止 我掌握的技能依旧只是焊接 研磨 切割和拋光
So far the skills I’ve learned so far is welding, grinding, cutting, sanding.
我已经学会了如何去做装潢的事情
I learned how to upholster things.
如何换轮胎 如何换液压油 如何拆装发动机
How to change tires, how to change my fluids, how to take apart an engine.
我会寻找不同的教材和相关的东西 而且我会问我的父亲和我的叔叔们
I looked at different textbooks and things and then I ask my dad and my uncle, “What
关于这个你知道什么吗
do you know about this?”
我的目标是当我16岁生日时完成这辆车并拥有它 这就像
My goal for finishing the car is to have it done on my 16th birthday cuz it’s kinda like,
因为你16岁 所以现在你是自由的 你可以随意做自己喜欢的事情
you’re 16, now you’re free.
现在 我在所有的时间里取得的进步已经使这件事进行一半了 所以我相信愿望会实现的
Right now I am about halfway through in both time and in progress, so I think it can happen.
任何你需要填平的凹坑 你都需要打磨的更多
JERRY DiMARIA: Anything you gotta fill, you gotta sand more?
是吗
KATHRYN DiMARIA: What?
打磨現在是她最恨的事情
JERRY DiMARIA: Sanding is the thing she hates far and away.
其他的任何事情 她都更愿意去做
Everything else she gets excited to do.
一些人拿滚筒罐洒了一些点子并且让这些漂亮的喷涂被整成了黑色
KATHRYN DiMARIA: Someone at some point took a rattle can and pretty much spray painted
所以我不得不用所有的方法去打磨这些污点并且重新喷涂
it black, so I have to sand all the way through all those layers and then repaint it.
打磨最大的诀窍在于保持研磨机的移动
BOB EREKSON: The big trick is to keep that thing moving.
不要让研磨机停留在运动过的地方
Don’t let it sit in one place ever.
特別是对于黑色而言
JERRY DiMARIA: Especially with black.
是的
KATHRYN DiMARIA: Yeah.
打磨这种事就像每天不得不去洗衣店一样
It’s kind of like having to do laundry every day.
除了它必须得去做之外 它只是不断重复的而且沒有太多意义的工作
It’s just repetitive and there’s not much of a point to it except that it has to get done.
我认为这件事能够教会她什么是直觉 什么是承诺
JERRY DiMARIA: I think that’s taught her intuitiveness and commitment and then
并且最终你们将会看到成果
finally you see the end result.
对于我而言 我最后需要什么 我会尽可能的把它实现
KATHRYN DiMARIA: The motivation for me is being able to visualize what you need in the
否则你只是看到细节
end because otherwise you just see details.
你需要能够纵观全局
You need to be able to see the big picture.
爸爸 我想这个螺栓松动了
I think the bolt’s turning with it, dad.
是的 确实是
JERRY DiMARIA: Yup, it is.
我和爸爸一起做了許多有意思的工作
KATHRYN DiMARIA: It’s a lot of fun working with my dad
因为我们知道如何让工作变得有意思 并且坚持完成工作
because we know how to joke but still get work done.
我们会创建一个报告 这样我们可以在那上面谈论任何东西
JERRY DiMARIA: We’ve created a report that we can talk about anything.
我的意思是 她分享给我的那些事情
I mean there’s things that she shares with me that
是那种我年轻的时候都不愿意告诉我父母的事情
I think there’s no way I would have ever told my parents that
我们谈论金钱的花费 我们谈论如何计划去上大学
We’ve talked about money, we’ve talked about how to plan to college,
我们甚至会谈论男孩子和性爱
we’ve talked about boys and sex.
并且这对她而言 这只是一个安全的空间 我们共同建设起来的成长和学习的空间
And it’s just a safe space for her and I to grow and learn and build together.
那个焊接焊得非常棒
KATHRYN DiMARIA: That’s an awesome weld.
你应该來看看它
You should come see it.
是的 那看起來真棒
JERRY DiMARIA: Yeah, that looks nice kid.
我喜欢那样的焊接
KATHRYN DiMARIA: I like that weld.
是的
JERRY DiMARIA: Good.
[过渡音乐]
[Music]
这里面可能最让我惊讶的事情是竟然有这么多人
JERRY DiMARIA: One of the things that’s probably surprised me the most is how many people have
对她的故事感兴趣 并且在互联网上竟然传播的那么快!
taken an interest in her story and how quickly it spread throughout the Internet.
这真的有可能会开始创建一个关于她的论坛
And it really kinda probably started off of her forum.
人们在网络上给予她热烈的回应
People started responding back.
你知道 我有一个备用的”这个东西” 我可以寄给她
Y’know, I’ve got a spare “this” can I send it to her?
然后不久我们就有了漂亮的一堆装运过来给她的项目使用的东西
And then pretty soon we had a pile of things that had been shipped to her for her project
这些东西有来自加拿大的 有来自整个美国全境的 有来自澳大利亚的 就好像
and they came from Canada, from all over the U.S., from Australia, from there the project
项目本身开始有了自己的生活安排
kinda took on a life of its own.
汽车画报 这个星球上最大的汽车专业杂志 命名Kathryn为
AutoBild, they’re the largest automotive magazine on the planet named Kathryn AutoBild’s 2012
2012年度汽车画报年度妇女人物
Woman of the Year.
所有这些支持确实给我很多鼓励 因为它们让我感觉到
KATHRYN DiMARIA: All the support has been really encouraging because it just shows that
我能有所影响 并且我能成功 所以当我坚持做一些事的时候
I am make a difference and I can do this and so when I’m stuck on something,
我想我起码不是孤独一个人在做 有人在一起帮助我
then I’m like I’m not alone. I’ve got people out there to help.
她知道差不多有成千上百的人在等着看她下面的
JERRY DiMARIA: She knows that there’s literally thousands of people waiting to see what she
项目的成功 所以 我想她的脑海里会认为
succeeds at next so I think there’s some of that in the back of her mind that I can’t
我不能让这些人失望
let these people down.
我认为人们之所以这么热情是因为
KATHRYN DiMARIA: I think people have been so enthusiastic because it’s not necessarily
这不是人们在日常生活中能看到的事情 我的年龄使我与大多数从事这些工作的人不同
something you see every day because my age set me apart from most people who work on
而且事实上 我还是一个工作在普遍认为是男性工作领域的女孩
them and also the fact that I’m a girl working in what would be considered a guy’s field
像那种说法真的让我很生气
as much as that kinda annoys me really.
让我气恼的是 人们总是问我 作为一个女孩子 做这些事情是什么感觉?
It’s annoying that people ask me so what’s it like being a girl doing this?
我是不是一个女孩子去做这件事 这并不是真的重要 我的意思是 我能做好它
It doesn’t really matter that I’m a girl doing this, I mean I’m able to do it just as well
并且我能像其他人做的一样好
as any other person.
拿好它
JERRY DiMARIA: Got it?
好的
KATHRYN DiMARIA: Yeah.
我不认为有足够的女性工作在汽车工程领域
I don’t think there are enough women working in the engineering field.
他们会认为 哦 这是一个男性的世界
They think, oh, it’s a guy’s world,
但是我听说过一些关于女性参与的故事 她们工作在其中而且她们做出了很大的贡献
but I hear these stories about women who are in it, and they’ve brought so much to it.
-嗨 這是Kathryn-這是Michelle Pickering
-非常高兴见到你
-我也是 很高兴认识你
MICHELLE PICKERING: Hi Kathryn. Michelle Pickering.It’s great to meet you. KATHRYN DiMARIA: You too.
-Kathryn 你想要从这次汽车展看到什么呢
MICHELLE PICKERING: What do you want to see at the auto show, Kathryn?
-你可以去看其余的Chevrolet车展位 或是去看Camero车展位
You can see the rest of Chevrolet, you can see the Camero.
-让我们一起去看Camero车展位吧
KATHRYN DiMARIA: Let’s do the Camero.
[过渡音乐]
[Music]
我想和她们谈论一下她们在工作中的主要角色问题
KATHRYN DiMARIA: I want to talk to them about their role mostly.
我想知道到底有多少女性走入了汽车世界
I want to see how much women can actually bring to the automotive world.
你看到那个外露的清洁管道了吗 那是我们放到保险杠里面的
JEANNE POLAN: You see that neat duct feature that we put into the bumper?
你们把它放进去的吗
JERRY DiMARIA: Did you guys put that in?
是我们放进去的
JEANNE POLAN: We put that in!
你们需要去哪里 这样 我们就能给你们两个照相了
JERRY DiMARIA: You need to go over there and then we’ll get a picture of the two of you
站在保险杠上
by the bumper.
哦 那是手柄
KATHRYN DiMARIA: Oh there’s a handle.
看这
Look at that.
这是手柄
There’s a handle!
当我14岁的时候 我做事总是虎头蛇尾
MICHELLE PICKERING: At 14, I never would have accomplished half as much.
-你多大了
– How old are you?
14岁
KATHRYN DiMARIA: 14.
-哇哦
– Wow.
Kathryn在学习知识和处理问题的能力
JEANNE POLAN: Kathryn is just so impressive in terms of her knowledge and her way she
让人印象深刻
handles herself.
她的头脑像工程师一样工作
MICHELLE PICKERING: Her mind works like an engineer.
她总想搞明白一切
She wants to know why.
我试图弄明白这个正时转换机构
KATHRYN DiMARIA: I’m trying to figure out this timing change thing.
这里是怎么运转的
What’s going on here.
我想知道 对于女性而言 它是具有怎样的挑战性或者是具有怎样的不同
I want to see how challenging it is or how different it is for women.
当我第一次进入这个行业的时候 许多次 我都被视为一个秘书
JEANNE POLAN: When I first came in, many times I was viewed as being a secretary.
现在 这一切都不同了
Today that’s different.
现在的汽车行业 对于女性而言 有很多机会
There are many opportunities for women,
尽管在汽车行业领域工作的女性还是不如男性多
although we still don’t have an equal amount of women in the engineering fields as we do males.
我的担忧是 作为一个社会 我们可能没能鼓励女性
MICHELLE PICKERING: My concern is that as a society, we may not be encouraging women
进入科学技术领域 或是工程技术领域 甚至是数学领域
to go into science technology, engineering, or math even.
Kathryn好像自己想通了所有这些
Kathryn seems to have figured it out all by herself.
我们想继续和你保持联系 并且确认你
JEANNE POLAN: We want to keep in contact with you and make sure that you’ve progressed the
采用你的方式获得进步
way you are.
我期待着
KATHRYN DiMARIA: I look forward to it.
谢谢你
Thank you.
好的 好运
JEANNE POLAN: Okay, good luck!
[过渡音乐]
[Music]
对Clearly来说 这将是令人兴奋的一天 当她坐上汽车
JERRY DiMARIA: Clearly it’s going to be an exciting day when she gets to drive the car
把汽车开出车库的时候 但是我认为她将要继续寻找下一步的目标 因为
out of the garage, but I think that she’s going to be looking for what’s next because
对她或是对我而言 这件事的整个学习的过程 才是最重要的
I think for her, and for me, it’s been that whole learning process that’s been most important.
这个汽车项目肯定是改变了我将来想要做什么的看法
KATHRYN DiMARIA: This car project has definitely changed my outlook on what I want to do.
我真的变得对机械工程师有更大的兴趣
I’ve really become interested in being an mechanical engineer.
高中毕业后 我真的想去上一所工程技术院校
After high school, I’d really like to go to a big engineering school.
有那么几所地方已经联系了我 看到他们
There’s been a few places that have contacted me and it’s been kind of cool to see them
向我递出橄榄枝真是太酷了
reaching out already.
在这个项目中 我被当做一个榜样 对我而言是重要的 因为我想无论去哪里
It’s important for me to be a role model with this project because I want to be there to
都有人说 嗨 女生原来真的可以做到这些
say, “Hey, look girls really can do this.
你没有让他们失望
You shouldn’t put them down.
他们也会想要试一试
They want to try.
这将给他们带来机会
Just give them the chance.”
我认为人们应当有机会去追逐梦想
I think that people should have the chance to chase after their dreams and help them
并且我愿意帮助他们梦想成真
come true.
[过渡音乐]
[music]
哼曲子#la da da di da da#
KATHRYN: La da da di da da.
我不知道还要说什么 所以我只是哼唱并且随意制造点噪音
I don’t know what else to say so I’m just gonna hum and make random noises.
可以吗
Good with you?
嗯 可以
Okay, good with me.
Fiero 只有來自庞蒂亚克的Fiero
– Fiero! Only from Pontiac!
我們构建你的精彩人生 庞蒂亚克
We build excitement! Pontiac!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

一个14岁的女孩子,怀揣着自己的梦想,勇敢地去实现,并最终成功的故事.

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

老當毅壯學英語

审核员

赖皮

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vZpNQUIqIg

相关推荐