未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

老师为学生自费买文具,你会怎么做呢?

Teacher doesn't have enough money for groceries and supplies | What Would You Do? | WWYD

这么多的学习用具 你一定有很多小孩儿
There’s a lot of school supplies, you must have a few kids.
-这些是给我学生的 我教三年级-哦 这样
It’s for my class actually. I teach 3rd grade. Oh, well.
今天这位老师不只是为自己购买生活用品
Today this teacher is shopping for more than just her bread and butter.
这些得你自己买吗?
You have to supply all this yourself?
这些还远远不够
There’s never enough to go around,
我的大多数学生都买不起学习用品
and most of my students can’t afford to provide their own supplies.

en
事实上 最近的一项研究发现
In fact, the recent study found that
94%的老师都会自费购买学习用品
94% of teachers spend their own money on school supplies.
这些年来 老师们都在争取更高的工资
For many years now teachers have been fighting for higher wages.Fight for aid.
最近新闻里总出现抗议
With mass Protests recently making the news,
俄克拉荷马州的老师们正计划着第二天辞职
teachers in Oklahoma are planning to walk off their jobs tomorrow.
他们正举行罢工抗议
Teacher staging protests going on strike
以争取更高的薪酬
demanding better pay
包括在肯塔基州 也发生过类似现象
including right here in Kentucky
今天肯塔基州的公立学校都纷纷关闭了
Every public schools in Kentucy was closed today.
老师们说他们的工资难以承担额外的花费
As their salaries,teachers say extra costs are tough to cover.
我两周的薪水只有639美元
My bi-weekly deposit is six hundred and thirty nine dollars and
这让我无法承受
That’s not sustainable
抱歉 您的卡里余额不足
I’m sorry your cards been declined.
有现金吗?
Do you have any cash?
我有30美元
I’ve got $30
牛奶不要了
Could you maybe please take off the milk?
您确定您不是去掉笔记本吗?
You’re sure you wouldn’t want to take off the notebook since then
我确定 我的学生需要这些 我可以先喝一段时间黑咖啡
No……my students need these I can drink my coffee black for a while
如果你偶然听到这位老师如此精打细算
If you overheard this teacher struggling to make ends meet.
我想我不需要这些面包
I guess I can do without the bread.
现在一共多少钱?
What’s the total now,
-不好意思 还差几美元呢 -你该怎么办?
I’m sorry, you’re still a few dollars short.What would you do?
我们的隐藏摄像机正在拍摄
Our hidden cameras are rolling
肯塔基州威尔摩镇的惠誉独立零售商联盟
at Fitch’s IGA and Wilmore, Kentucky
-这些文具是给您的孙子还是您小孩买的?-给我学生买的
Are these school supplies for your Grandkids or your kids?My class.
-您是老师?-是的
Your teacher. Yes.
老师正采购她个人的生活用品
Our teacher is buying her own groceries
并为新学年采购学习用品
and stocking up on supplies for the new school year
– 所以您是自己掏钱给学生们吗?- 是的
So you’re spending your own money on your students? Yes,
他们自己买了一些 但永远都不够用
they buy some supplies that’s never enough
上帝保佑你
God bless you
呃……总共是39.55美元
All right er It’s 39.55
– 学校什么时间开学?- 15号
When does school start?Fifteen.
这位女士碰巧听到后加入了谈话
This woman joins the conversation just in time to hear this.
抱歉 交易失败了
I’m sorry,ma’am.It’s declined.
这里 我有一些现金
Here,I have some cash.
我也有 如果她的钱不够买这些东西 我来帮她付款
So do I.I’m giving that to her…if she doesn’t enough for school supplies.
你用自己的钱帮她付账?
You’re giving her money to help pay for
是的 我以前在学校教书
Yeah I used to teach school
对她来说 这个情景十分熟悉
Oh her, it’s a situation that feels familiar.
你曾经给你的学生们买过这些东西吗?
Did you need to buy supplies for your kids?
是的
I did.
我觉得不大好 我可以把一些食物放回去
I feel bad. I mean I could put some food back I’ve got.
哈哈哈
haha
稍等 我买食物的钱已经够了 所以不用担心
Wait a minute,no,I have enough for my food,soI’m fine.
-你确定吗?-是的 我确定
Are you sure?I’m sure
她付出的钱比自身需要的还要多
To give more than what she needs
没事的 上帝想让我这样做 他一定是这样想的
It’s alright.God wants me to do this.He does.
让我们来见见这位慷慨的女士
Let’s meet this generous woman.
-你好吗 女士?-我很好
How are you ma’am?I’m great.
-我们在录一个节目叫《你会怎么做》-噢
We do a TV show called what would you do.Oh.
-你之前是老师?-我现在仍是 也是母亲和外婆
And you were a teacher?I still am a teacher i’m a mother and grandmother.
他们肯定很需要社会所给予的帮助
They certainly need all the help they can get from the community.
如果你学生看到这个节目 你想告诉他们什么呢?
What is the message you wanted to teach today,if your students were watching this?
如果你爱他人的话 就去帮助他人吧
Help one another if you can love one another.
我们的老师回到了这个付款处
Our teacher is back at the register .
你买了这么多东西给你的新班级
And you’re buying all of these for your new class.
你是那里的新老师?
A new teacher there?
在队伍里 她发现下位顾客和她有共同语言
And she finds some common ground with this next customer in line
-你是老师?-我叫Sarah
Are you a teacher? I’m Sarah
我一直在那工作 很高兴认识你
I sub there all the time.It’s nice to meet you.
-欢迎来到威尔摩镇-非常感谢 很美的小镇
You are welcome.Well, welcome to Wilmore.Thank you so much as a beautiful town.
-你的卡刷不了-好吧
Um, your card didn’t go through.Oh,okay.
你有其他支付方式嘛?
You have it like another form of payment?
我想我有一些现金
I think I have some cash.
我只有三十美元 所以我们得去掉一些
I have 30,so we need to take off.
麻烦去掉牛奶
Please if you don’t mind the milk.
当她表示钱不够的时候
when she comes up short,
她决定舍去一部分食物 去掉金枪鱼
she decides to forego some of her own groceries.Take off for Tuna.
-你仍然需要31美元-好吧
You still need one 31.Okay.
我来处理
And I’ll take care of that.
但这个同僚只是不想让她挨饿
But this fellow educator just won’t allow her to go hungry.
把牛奶面包都拿回来吧
And you know What?Put the milk and bread back on there ,too.
-说真的-你确定吗?
Seriously.Seriously, seriously, seriously.Are you sure?
-我确定-你真的很善良
Yes.Yes, that’s really kind of you.
老师们没有得到很多报酬和应有的尊重
Teachers don’t get nearly as much pay and respect as they should.
如果你把你的地址给我 我可以
If i can get your address,I can no,no,no,no
不用
No
-我真的-你是老师 而且我很喜欢威尔摩
I really.You’re a teacher.I love Wilmore.
我将会一直在学校的
I’ll be at school all the time.
所以我有的时候会帮助你的
So I’ll sub for you sometimes
你可以给我打电话我会帮助你的 怎么样?
You can call me to sub for you,how’s that?
是时候告诉她 她已经在一个叫做《你会怎么做》的节目上了
Time to tell her,she’s been called on by what would you do?
-你好吗?-很好 你呢?
How are you?Okay,how are you?
-不错 她是陌生人-威尔摩城是一个很棒的地方
Good,she’s a stranger.Well,Wilmore is a wonderful place.
它是肯塔基州中最友爱的小镇了
It’s the friendliest town in Kentucky.
你们知道这个事情吗?
Did you all know that?
老师给学生买物品 你怎么看待这件事呢?
What do you think about the way teachers have to provide for their own supplies that is
老师们得到的太少了
Teachers some get nearly enough.
经过这些日子 我们发现在肯塔基州这样的善意随处可见
Throughout the day,we find there’s no shortage of kindness in Kentucky.
我的孩子们上课需要这些
My kids need these things for class
-所以把牛奶放回去吧-我来给你付
So let’s put the milk back. I’ll get it for you.
-如果这些是给孩子们的 我会帮你付钱-哇 这太好了 哦 看看这个
If it’s going to kids,I’ll get it for you. Wow, this is nice.Look at this.
-你有很多钱给别人吗?-并不是
You have a lot of money to give?No not really.
我特别喜欢孩子
I got a soft spot for kids so.
你还差九美元五十五美分
You’re short nine dollars and 55 cents,
我来付剩下的钱 你是买给孩子们的 所以
I’ll pay the rest. You’re paying it for kids,so.
-你不需要做这个 -没关系 这挺好的
You don’t have to do that That’s all right, it’s all good.
-上帝保佑你-谢谢你
Be blessed.Thank you .
我想如果你真的认为教育重要的话 它需要足够经费去支持
I think education in particular just needs as much funding,as if you get really it’s important.
你知道的 为了我们社会的未来
You know for the future of our society to really.
金枪鱼和面包都不要了
Let’s take off the tuna and let’s take off the bread.
我们可以解决 剩下的算我的
We can work that out,We can just throw the rest on mine.
你给她的这些东西付钱?
You will pay for the difference of hers,
你真的是一个善良的人
It’s very kind of you
-曾经很多人帮助过我 为什么我不帮助他人呢?-这很暖心
I’ve had people help me so why not help somebody else?Oh ,This is very sweet.
能告诉我你的地址吗?这样我可以还你
Can I get your address,so I can pay back?
我不在乎这个
I ain’t worried about it.
-你确定吗?-是的 某天 你也会帮助他人的
Are you sure? Yeah.One day you’ll help somebody else.
-你觉得老师工资够吗?-我觉得他们几乎是美国最低薪的工作了
You think teachers get paid enough?I think there probably when the most underpaid jobs in the United States.
那些娱乐明星拿着百万年薪
You get people that get paid millions just to entertain us,
而那些教育孩子的人真正会改变我们的未来
and then people who you know teach our kids actually change the future.
但他们很难得到足够报酬来维持生活
Barely get paid enough to make it on their own.
我们最后再进行一次
We roll one last time.
通心粉和芝士也不要了
Let’s take off the macaroni and cheese
这个年轻人拿出了他的信用卡
and right away this young man offers his credit card
给你 没事的
Here ,I…it’s okay
-不好意思-剩下的钱能用我的卡付吗?
I’m sorry, could you just pay for the rest with my card?
可以用吗?
Would that work?
-你不需要那么做 我可以……-不 没关系 我很方便的 只是觉得
You don’t have to do that,I can.No. It’s not a problem. And I’m not inconvenienced,I just fell like…
我很重视教育机制 我的一些教师朋友说
I value the education system.My friends with some teachers.
他们不得不为他们不需要的东西买单
And it’s really sad that they have to pay for stuff they shouldn’t.
-你认识老师?-是啊 那段时间他们过得很艰难
You know teachers.Yeah. Yeah.And times are tough for them.
-他们过得很艰难-肯定压力很大
Times are tough for them. It can be stressful.Definitely.
-非常感谢-这是我应该做的
Thank you very much.Oh,yeal.Absolutely.
-我很感激你 感激你做的事-谢谢你
I appreciate…I appreciate you and all that you do. Thank you.
他还帮我们老师打包了
He even helps our teacher bag her groceries.
-我来拿吧 -他做了额外的善事
Oh,yeah.Let me get that.Gaining extra credit in our book.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
在他完成打包之前 我们去采访一下
Before he’s done bagging,we’re there to greet it.
-兄弟 你好吗?-嗨 你好吗?
Buddy,how are you?Hey,how are you?
-我很好 我是约翰奎诺斯是《你会怎么做 》节目组的-真的吗?
Yes,I’m John Quinones with What would you do the TV show? Oh, really?
你刚刚为什么这么做呢?
Why did you do that?
如今 我们活在这样的时代
Right now, we live in a time.
你知道的社会两极分化 很多事情正在发生
That’s really, you know,polarized and there’s lots of stuff going on.
教师正承受很多压力和麻烦
You know, the teachers are undergoing a lot of stress and stuff
我也是把上帝给我的东西
And so I’m just looking for what God has given me
去给予其他人
so I can give to give to other people
这很好 如果我能终生坚持做我会愿意的
That’s kind.If I can do that with my life than happy camper.
威尔摩小镇是阿斯伯里神学院的发源地
The town of Wilmore is home to the Asbury Theological Seminary
在精神上 肯塔基人受到了很大的感化
and for these Kentuckians spirituality seems to inspire their overwhelming message
无论课堂内外 善良都是最重要的
that kindness counts inside and outside of the classroom

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

老师没有富余的工资,却心心念念给学生买文具 ,但结账时她发现零钱不够了。如果是你的话,你会怎么做?你会帮她吗,还是会袖手旁观?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

朱砂痣•白月光

审核员

审核员 AF

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYgjhqUvYXo

相关推荐