ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

与陌生人交谈 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

与陌生人交谈

Talking to Strangers

Let’s pretend you get on the bus and it’s SUPER crowded.
假设你上了一辆很拥挤的公交车
The only spot that’s open is between two strangers.
只剩一个座位 而座位两边都是陌生人
So you sit down between two people you never met, and everyone is fine.
于是你坐在陌生人中间 大家互不干扰
Everyone’s keeping to themselves,
每人都专注于自己的事
no one’s making eye contact, it’s perfect!
相互没有眼神交流 很棒!
Sure, your shoulders are touching,
当然你们的肩膀紧挨着
but that’s just what happens, that’s part of the bus-going experience,
但乘公交车就是这样
YOU POOR PERSON!
可怜的人儿!
But then, at the VERY next stop,
然而 就在下一站
Aisle Seat Guy gets off.
靠过道的家伙下车了
So now, you and Window Seat Guy are sitting right next to each other.
现在 你与靠窗的家伙紧挨着
But since you’re in the middle,
但因为你坐在中间
you have to be the one to decide
你不得不决定
Do you move or not?
是否要换座位?
I honestly don’t know what the right thing to do in that situation is…
我确实不知道这种情况下怎么做是对的
I’m conflicted.
我太矛盾了
Because if you move it would be silently telling the other person,
因为如果移过去 就像是默默说
“HEY YOU’RE DISGUSTING
“嘿 你太让人讨厌了
I CAN’T STAND HAVING OUR SHOULDERS TOUCH ANY LONGER
我实在无法再忍受与你有肩膀接触
AND I’M GLAD TO FINALLY GET AWAY FROM YOU! UGH!!!!!”
真高兴终于远离你了“
But on the other hand, if I was the Window Seat Guy,
但另一方面 如果我是靠窗这家伙
I would want the Middle Seat Guy to become the NEW Aisle Seat guy.
我会想让坐在中间的人坐到靠过道的座位
I wouldn’t see moving as rude!
我不认为移座无礼
I would just want his gross, disgusting body
我只想让他臃肿 令人厌恶的身体
as far away from me as possible.
尽可能离我远些
That’s not rude!
这不是无礼
But, on the other OTHER hand,
但另一方面
maybe I’m overthinking everything,
或许是我想得太多
and most people don’t even mind being this close to another human,
很多人并不介意紧挨着他人
and they aren’t struggling socially, I don’t know!
或许他们在社交中不感到挣扎
Now, imagine that same situation…
现在 假设在处境相同的情况下
but with urinals.
而地点是小便池
If you’re in the middle urinal,
如果你在中间便池
do you move halfway through to the other urinal? Because I would!
你会中途移到另一便池吗?我会
Are you supposed to talk to people
当你离他们仅两英寸时
when you’re sitting two inches away from them?
你会与他们聊天吗?
I always felt like I should say SOMETHING, like,
我总觉得应该说些什么 比如
“Hey, did you see the game last night? (NOP)
“嘿 看昨晚的比赛了吗?
I didn’t. I was too busy drawing cartoons.”
我没看 我忙着画漫画呢”
But, I realized that, this is a two way street.
但我意识到 此举的影响是相互的
I’m worried about not talking to someone,
我担心自己没有主动与人聊天
but they’re not talking to me either.
但他们也没主动啊
We both agree that there’s this unwritten contract between us
我们都认为此处有种不成文约定
that we’re not even going to look at each other.
那就是连看都别看对方
It got me thinking about strangers
这让我想到陌生人
and specifically, how I treat them.
特别是自己是如何对待他们的
And how I can make money off of them,
我怎样从他们身上赚钱
HEYOOOO! I’m just kidding, I’m just kidding.
嗨呀 我只是开个玩笑
That was a joke.
玩笑而已
For most of my life, I would go out of my way
在我生活中的多数时间
to avoid talking to people.
我会特意避开与人聊天
I would stay in my lane, mind my own business,
呆在自己的空间 管好自己
no eye contact!
避免眼神交流
If everyone’s using a urinal, I’d have to pee tomorrow!
如果大家都在小便 那我就明天再尿
Yes, I’m lonely.
是的 我很孤独
But now that YouTube’s the thing,
但现在有了油管
I’m interacting with strangers more often than I’ve had to in my entire life!
我和陌生人的互动的次数比我这辈子都多
So I’ve been thinking a lot about strangers,
我一直在想有关陌生人的事
and first of all, I think the word “~stranger~ ” is already an insulting label
首先“陌生人”这个词就是个侮辱性标签
for someone just because you don’t know their name.
只因为不知道其姓名
“Oh, I don’t know this person.
“哦 我不认识这个人
They’re a ‘Stranger’, they’re ~strange~.
他们是“陌生人” 他们有点奇怪
I’m the normal one. They’re the FREAKS.
我是正常人 他们是怪咖
They probably murder people with an axe!”
他们可能会用斧头杀人”
That’s always the go-to profession of a stranger,
这似乎是陌生人的首选职业
an axe murderer.
持斧头的谋杀犯
But the people you see throughout your day are all human
但在一天中你所见到的那些人
s with their own hopes and dreams,
他们都有自己的希望与梦想
and some of them may hope to kill you,
其中有些人可能想杀了你
but you’ll never know because you didn’t ever take the time to get to know them!
但你不知道是谁 因为你从未去了解他们
So I think that the people you see throughout your daily life aren’t strangers.
因此我认为 生活中见到的人并非陌生人
They’re potential friends.
而是潜在的朋友
Except for the weird ones obviously, stay away from them.
当然 除了那些明显的怪咖 远离怪咖们
And yes, I’m telling you to judge people based on their appearance.
没错 我让你去以貌识人
They’re the ones that chose to wear anime shirts in public, okay?
怪咖是在公共场合穿动漫T恤的人?
So, back to the bus scenario.
回到公交车的情景中
I’m sitting right next to this fellow human being
我就坐在这个人旁边
So far, there’s not a single reason why I should dislike this person.
到目前为止 我没有任何理由不喜欢他
But I don’t know why,
但不知道为何
if you put him and me on a bus next to each other
如果让我紧挨着他
I want him as far away from me as possible.
我就想让他尽量远离我
Just stop touching my shoulder!
别碰我肩膀了!
So that was the last time I took the bus.
那是我最后一次乘公交
Unfortunately, that’s not the only place
不幸的是 除了公交车
you meet strangers…
在其他地方也会遇到陌生人
One time, I was at Home Depot and I was looking for jumper cables,
有一次在家得宝 我正在找电缆线
and I couldn’t find them anywhere.
怎么也找不到
And I don’t know if I’m the only human that’s like this
不知道是否只有我有这种情况
But I will try everything in my power to not talk to a sales associate.
但我会尽量不去问售货员
I guess it’s cuz I know they get paid minimum wage and their life sucks
或许是因为我知道他们收入低 生活差
and I just want to leave them alone
我只是不想打扰他们
and not make their job any harder than it has to be.
不想让他们的工作变得更艰难
But asking employees for help isn’t even bothering them that much.
但向售货员求助也不会太麻烦他们
In fact, I think it’s part of their job?
其实这或许也是他们的工作
Like what’s the worst thing they’re gonna say?
他们会说的最糟糕的话是什么呢?
“UGGH! You don’t know where one specific item is?!
“啊 你不知道这个物品的具体位置吗?
Everyone else knows! Did you even look?!
所有人都知道的!你都不看看吗?
They’re in the jumper cable aisle! Idiot!”
就在跨接电缆通道那里 笨蛋”
No one’s gonna think that.
没人会这样想的
So, feeling desperate, I mustered up what little courage I had
有点绝望 但我鼓足仅有的勇气
and swaggered up to someone wearing an orange vest
大步走向穿着橙色背心的人
and said, “U-uh excuse me . Do you know where the jumper cables ar-“
问道 “请问您知道电缆线在……”
“I don’t work here.”
“我不在这工作”
“Oh, you don’t work here…?”
“哦 你不在这工作?”
And then he walked away…
然后他走开了
And then he waddled away, waddle, waddle.
他摇摇摆摆地走开了
And then the very next day, BUM! BUM!! BUM!
此后的第二天 当!当!当!
So I think the logical thing to do in that situation would have been
因此我认为这种情况下最合逻辑的做法是
to find someone who DOES work there?
找个真正的工作人员问一下
But I left the store
但我离开了商店
because I didn’t want to run into that same guy again.
因为我不想再碰到刚刚那个人
But I also bought a hammer
但我买了个锤子
because I didn’t want people to think that I stole something.
因为我怕别人以为我偷东西
So… (starting engine)
所以……(启动发动机)
Oh yeah… And by the way, if you wear an orange vest to Home Depot,
顺便说下 如果你穿橙色背心去家得宝
just expect people to ask you for help!
那就等着别人向你求助吧!
Same goes for people who wear red shirts at Target.
就像是穿红T恤去塔吉特
You’d think I’d learn from my mistakes,
你认为我会从中汲取教训
but no, I have a bunch more examples.
不会的 我有太多此类教训了
When my book came out My publisher said that
当我的书出版时 出版商说
it was going to be carried at Barnes & Noble.
书将在巴诺书店首发
And I thought that was SUPER DUPER cool
我认为这太棒了
and wanted to see my book in the wild.
我想随意逛逛 去看看自己的书
Not to buy or anything, just to have a look at it.
不去买什么 只是为了去看看
So I took my friend Adam from SomethingElseYT,
因此我把朋友Adam从别的地方拖走
and we went to the local Barnes & Noble and started our search.
去了当地的巴诺书店 并开始搜寻
We looked in the humor section, didn’t find it.
幽默读物区没有发现
Then we checked the new release section, It wasn’t there either.
然后我们检查了新出版区 也没有
Then we looked at the best-selling section then the religious section,
然后是畅销区 宗教区
but we couldn’t find the book anywhere.
但是都没找到
So either the publisher lied,
要么是出版商说了谎
or they had already sold out,
要么是书已经卖光了
but just to be sure I asked one of the workers,
保险起见我问了工作人员
“Hey, do you guys have a book by… TheOdd1sOut?
“嘿 店里有这个人写的书吗 TheOdd1sOut?
He kind of looks like this.”
他的名字大概是这样的”
And the worker typed something out on his computer
工作人员将名字输入电脑
and said, “Oh, yeah We got those in the back. We just haven’t put them out yet.”
并说到“后面有存货 还没有摆出来呢”
So then he went to the back room,
然后他走向后面的房间
brought out a copy and handed it to me saying, “Here you go, kid!”
拿出一本给我 说道“给你 孩子”
And I thought “Well, frick!”
我想 “那好吧”
I can’t just hand it back to the guy
我不能再还给那个人
and say “Oh, no, that’s okay!
并对他说“不 不用了
I didn’t want to buy it. I just wanted to have a look at it.”
我不想买它 我只是想看看”
Do you know how inconvenient that would be?
你知道那有多麻烦吗?
So the only less awkward option I could think of
所以我能想到的唯一不那么尴尬的选择是
was to buy my own book and you know what?
买下自己写的书 你知道吗?
I’d get a couple cents back from this purchase,
我能从中拿到几美分的回报
so it wouldn’t have been a total loss!
所以也不算完全损失
But Adam, being the more sensible one, said,
但是Adam是个更明智的人
A: “Dude, this is ridiculous. You-you have to come clean.”
他说“太可笑了 你得坦白交代”
So then he went to the worker and said,
然后他对工作人员说
“So he actually uh, wrote this book.
“其实这本书是他写的
He just wanted to get a look at it, like, in the wild.”
他只是想看看 只是随意看看”
And the worker said “Oh, that’s so cool!”
然后工作人员说“这太酷了!”
“Do you want to sign our copies?”
“你可以签下名吗?”
And then I thought, “Well, hold on!
我想 “可以 但等一下
You’re not even going to ask me for my ID?
你都不看看我的身份证吗?
How do you know I actually wrote this book
你怎么知道我是书的作者
and I’m not some guy trying to deface someone else’s?”
而不是想诋毁别人的那种人?”
And then the guy gave me a whole stack of my books, and I signed them all.
然后他给了我一摞我写的书 我都签了名
Last story before I go,
结束前最后一个故事
I was in the hallway of a building,
我在一幢大楼的走廊上
and me and this “potential friend” crossed paths,
和“潜在的朋友”偶遇了
he said “Hello”,
他说“你好”
and I was going to respond with, ‘Hello,’ and, ‘How’s it going?’
我本想回应“你好 最近过得好吗?”
But I combined the two
但我把两者结合了起来
and ended up saying, “How?”
最后说到 “怎样?”
And then I jumped out a window and fell to my death!
然后我跳窗摔死了
I can’t rationalize that behavior.
因为我无法合理化自己的行为
Maybe I spend too much time on the computer
或许我在电脑上花了太多时间
I’m not used to looking at real people’s faces,
而不习惯面对真实的人脸
but I’m trying to change!
但我正试着改变!
Don’t get me wrong, going to conventions and meeting fans
不要误会 参加会议 见粉丝
has helped me a lot with talking to people.
在与人交流方面对我帮助很大
Granted, those conversations are usually one-sided,
当然 这些对话通常是单方面的
and a real stranger won’t already know who I am,
真正的陌生人都不知道我是谁
but they’ve still helped me.
但他们还是帮到了我
Now, you might be expecting me
现在 你可能希望
to give you advice on overcoming social anxiety,
我给你一些克服社交焦虑的建议
but if you watch this video,
但如果你看了视频
you know I’m not the most qualified
你就知道我并非最有资格
to give that advice, but I’ll try my best.
给你此类建议的人 但我会尽力的
I know it’s hard to feel confident, and I’m still working on it,
我知道自信很难 我也还在努力
but you have to understand that we’re ALL people,
但是你必须明白 我们都是人
and we ALL have things that we’re struggling with.
我们都有正在努力的事
And in reality, we’re not all watching or caring about
在现实生活中 我们不会关注
every little thing that other people do.
别人做的每件小事
We’re all too busy worrying about what other people think of us.
我们总是忙于担心别人怎么看自己
So with enough practice and believing in yourself,
所以多加练习 相信自己
You can show the world your true colors.
你可以向世界展示你的本色
And, I think you’ll find that people are a lot nicer than you think.
那样 你会发现人们比你想的要友好得多
So if you’re the middle seat guy on the bus
所以如果你是公交上坐中间的人
and you have to decide whether or not to move
你必须决定要不要移动
Do whatever you want. No one cares.
做你想做的 没人在意
Just stop touching my shoulders!
只是别再碰我肩膀了!
Hey everyone. I know it’s been a while.
我知道你们已经看了好一会儿视频了
Thank you for being patient with this video.
谢谢你们耐心观看此视频
May has been a really busy month
五月是个很忙的月份
because some of you might know that
因为你们有些人可能知道
May is my birthday month
我生于此月
and I don’t work on my birthday month, so…
在生日月里 我不工作
If there’s a lesson you should take away from this video,
如果你能从视频中学到什么
is don’t worry about being awkward.
那就是不要担心尴尬
Because everyone is weird.
因为每个人都有奇怪之处
And if anyone makes you feel bad for being awkward,
如果有人让你因为自己的尴尬而感到内疚
then not only is that person more weird than you,
那这个人不仅比你更怪异
but they’re also an a-hole.
而且还是个混蛋
I have some events coming up very soon
我很快就有事要做了
I have VidCon, and chessboxing.
我要参加视频会议 拳棋
And then I’m also going on tour with a bunch of people
然后我也计划与朋友们去旅游
that you might recognize,
你可能认识它们
like Jaiden, and Ross, and Domics, and Egoraptor.
比如Jaiden Ross Domics和Egoraptor
Just uh, to name drop a couple people.
只是例举几个人名
So if any of these events look interesting,
如果有你感兴趣的
you can buy some tickets in the description,
你可以通过点击说明
or through the event tab on my website.
或网站的活动标签来买票
And if you’re yearning for more Odd1sOut content,
如果想了解更多Odd1sOut的内容
I just wanted to remind you all
提醒大家一下
that I have a second channel and either today or tomorrow
我还有另一个频道 今天或明天
I’m going to be uploading a video
我将会上传一个视频
where I answer some math questions
视频中我会和朋友Pat一起
with my friend Pat.
回答些数学问题
Please watch it.
记得收看哦
As always, thanks to everyone who worked on this video
老规矩 感谢每个参与视频制作的人
and a big, big thanks to YOU dear viewer…
以及对亲爱的观众们的深深感谢
for wearing your seat belt.
谢谢你们坚持看到现在

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

你也有社交恐惧吗,你也在努力回避与生活里遇到的陌生人交谈吗?来看看发生在我身上的几个尬聊小故事,你会发现社交恐惧也没什么的,做真实的自己才最重要!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

YXG-499c3

审核员

审核员MS

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cykzsi38hA

相关推荐