(upbeat music)
[欢快的音乐]
We’re all eating too much sugar as we established
从本季“不吃糖挑战”开始
with our #DropThe Sugar challenge this season.
我们已经吃了太多的糖了
It makes your waist grow,
这会让你的腰变粗
and sometimes, it makes your brain shrink,
并且有时候会让你的大脑萎缩
but psychotherapist Dr. Mike Dow
但是心理治疗师迈克·道博士
is here to help turn your health around
将带来他的新书《糖脑修复》
with his new book, called, “The Sugar Brain Fix.”
帮助你们恢复健康
-All right, buddy. -Yeah.
-好了 兄弟 -嗨
So let’s define the sugar brain.
所以让我们来给糖脑下个定义吧
Yeah, so I coined this phrase, sugar brain,
对 我创造了“糖脑”这个短语
based on a landmark study.
是基于一个划时代的研究
It was the first human study
这项研究第一次
to prove that sugar is actually shrinking the human brain.
证明糖确实会使人类大脑萎缩
I think that’s sort of shocking, right?
我觉得这有点令人震惊 对吧
We know that it’s linked to diabetes and obesity,
我们知道糖跟糖尿病和肥胖有关系
but wow, it’s shrinking our brain.
但是天呐 它竟然也会使我们的大脑萎缩
The same part of the brain that is shrunken
这和痴呆 阿尔茨海默氏症
in dementia, Alzheimer’s, depression.
抑郁症中大脑萎缩的部位一样
So it’s sort of this really scary thing that
因此这确实是件可怕的事情
what we are eating every, single day
因为我们每一天都在吃的糖
could actually be shrinking our brain
在扩大我们腰围的同时
as it’s expanding our waistlines.
真的会使我们的大脑萎缩
So if you have sugar brain, you may feel,
如果你有糖脑 你也许会感到忧郁
because it’s effecting your mood, blue,
因为它影响着你的心情
you may feel impulsive, you may feel,
你也许会觉得容易冲动 你可能会感觉
because it’s effecting your memory, a little bit foggy,
大脑混乱 因为它影响着你的记忆力
and then it creates this vicious cycle
然后会形成恶性循环
because the more it shrinks your brain,
因为它越萎缩你的大脑
the harder it is to stop because then you feel blue,
就越难停止 因为你会感到忧郁
and then you wanna eat to medicate that bad mood,
然后你就想吃糖去治愈坏心情
or you feel really impulsive,
或者你感到非常冲动
so then you can’t change your behavior.
你不能改变你的行为
So really, if you want to change your body,
所以真的 如果你想改变你的身体
I say you have to start by changing your brain.
我觉得你要从改变你的大脑开始
So reversing that sugar brain and growing your brain.
改变糖脑 让你的大脑发育
Let’s hit some specifics,
我们来谈论一些细节
let’s start with some foods that may be shrinking our brain.
就从可能会萎缩我们大脑的食物开始吧
Yeah, so this is like every kid’s menu, right?
好的 这像一份普通的儿童餐 对吧
It’s like an American diet, it’s every fast food restaurant.
就像美国的饮食 每个快餐店都有
The adults, too. Adults, too.
大人也一样 大人也一样
And nobody, including me right now,
并且现在没有人 包括我在内
is going to sit and say that this does not look,
会坐着说这看起来不好吃
it looks so delicious.
这看起来很美味
It looks good, doesn’t it?
这看起来很棒 不是吗
I am struggling, looking at this.
我正在作斗争 看看这个
It looks that good.
这看起来太好吃了
Cheeseburgers, nuggets, mac and cheese.
奶酪汉堡 鸡块 通心粉和奶酪。
That was my old go-to.
这就是我以前会吃的
Soda, I used to drink six pack a day,
我以前一天喝六瓶苏打水
and sugar releases serotonin in the brain,
然后糖会在大脑里释放血清素
bad fats release dopamine,
有害脂肪释放多巴胺
so then you’re always craving these things,
所以你总会向这些食物屈服
and those feel-good chemicals keep you shrinking your brain,
那些让你感觉良好的化学物质会一直萎缩你的大脑
which does all this long-term damage.
从而导致长期的损害
And this is why I don’t buy these foods at the grocery store
这就是为什么我不在杂货店买这些吃的
because once they’re in front of you,
因为一旦它们摆在你的面前
it’s like, oh Yeah.
就像 噢 对
Oh, oh, I, I, I, oh, oh, but you know what,
噢 噢 我我我 噢 噢 但是你知道吗
But you konw what?
但是你知道吗
growing your brain’s real important, it’s too important.
让你的大脑发育真的很重要 太重要了
-So let’s focus on the things that can grow your brain -Yeah
-我们来关注一下能让你的大脑发育的食物 -对
so my Sugar Brain Fix focuses on what I call
所以我的《糖脑恢复》专注于我所说的
the ketoterranean template,
酮类地中海式饮食样本
it’s a little bit, just a tiny bit of keto, but mostly mediterranean,
有一点 只有一点酮酸 大部分是地中海式饮食
so ketoterranean, so you just skip a few meals a week,
酮类地中海式饮食 你只需要一周少吃几顿
not a lot, because I actually think that,
不用很多 因为实际上我觉得
as a therapeutic diet for epilepsy, keto is great,
作为治疗癫痫的食物 酮是很好的
but I think for most people, it’s unrealistic,
但是我觉得对大多数人来说 这不现实
and maybe unhealthy, but a little bit of fasting is actually great,
也许不健康 但一点点的禁食其实很好
it’s the best thing to grow your brain
这是让大脑发育的最好办法
because it releases BDNF.
因为它会释放脑源性神经营养因子
That’s been called miracle grow for the brain,
这被称为大脑的奇迹发育
So that’s why I have bone broth here.
这也是为什么我带来了骨头汤
So a couple mornings per week,
所以每周的某几个早晨
you’re gonna have some bone broth, you can have coffee,
你可以喝一些骨头汤 可以喝咖啡
and then you do a fasted workout.
然后你可以做一次禁食锻炼
When your blood sugar and insulin are at zero in the morning,
当你的血糖和胰岛素在早晨达到零的时候
so you’re already fasting overnight,
你已经完成了空腹过夜的要求
you have that for breakfast, and then you workout,
你用那个当早餐 然后锻炼
guess what,
猜猜怎么着
you don’t have any blood sugar, you don’t have any glucose,
你一点血糖都没有了 你没有了葡萄糖
so guess what your body turns to?
所以猜一猜你的身体会怎么样?
Stored fat.
储存脂肪
Research has also shown there’s an inverse relationship
研究已经表明你的脑容量和腰围
between your brain size and your waistline,
是成反比例关系
so it’s interesting that if you actually can burn belly fat,
所以有趣的是如果你真的能燃烧肚子上的脂肪
you’re probably growing your brain.
很可能你的大脑就在发育
So if you actually have the bone broth, you do that fasted workout,
所以如果你喝了骨头汤 做了禁食锻炼
you’re probably really helping to move things the right direction.
你有可能真的在帮事情往好的方向发展
