ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

剑桥大学的兽医学研究 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

剑桥大学的兽医学研究

Studying Veterinary Medicine at Cambridge University

你从18岁开始 会变得更加专注
When you start at 18, your eyes are focused on,
事实上我18岁的时候打算成为一名兽医
I’m going to be a vet in practice.
在剑桥兽医学院学习可以让你了解
Studying at Cambridge Vet school does open your eyes to the world
兽医学世界的发展可能
of possibilities with veterinarymedicine.
不仅仅是兽医学的学习
It’s not just a case of study vet medicine,
在你的余生中 会接触全科医学的工作
go and work in general practice for the rest of your life.
你永远不知道你的兽医职业生涯会走向何方
you never know where the vet career is going
不可思议的是它几乎可以向任何方向发展
and it’s an incredible thing that it can almost go anywhere.
无论是欧洲的专门研究 教学或是政府工作
Whether that’s the European specialism, research, teaching or government work.
兽医学院的规模很重要
The size of the vet school is the important thing.
这是最小的兽医学院 但这是很大的优势
It is the smallest of the vet schools, but we see that very much as a positive.
在所有大学里 我们的班级规模最小 大约一年60人
Out of all the universities we’ve got the smallest class sizes, about 60 a year.
这意味着我们有机会花费更多时间
It means that we get the opportunity to spend more time
与学生进行一对一教学
with the students on a one-to-one basis.
在学校的前三年里
That goes for the first three years,
你需要遵守监察制度
where you’ve got the supervision system,
每周花费一个小时时间
so once a week you’re literally spending an hour with somebody
与三个主要学科的老师进行交流讨论
from your three main subjects and you’re talking it through.
你可以问问题 我们也会对你进行提问
You’ve got the ability to ask questions, we have the ability to question you.
在最后一年 你会发现剩下的三个小组
You find in the final year, the groups are three,
总共只留下三个学生
there’s three students,
因此那时你不会再被当作学生对待
so you’re not treated as students at that point,
你即将变得专业
you’re about to become professional.
你会被视为专业人士
You are treated as professional,
当你成为团队的决策者之一的时候
as you’re part of the decision making team.
在这里你拥有一对一病历对照
You have one-to-one case control,
这与任何其他地方相比是非常独特的
which is actually quite unique, I think, compared to everywhere else.
我们有两个世界顶尖的优势
We have the best of both worlds.
其中一方面
On the one hand,
我们处于大型研究环境的中心
we’re at the epicenter of a huge research environment,
因此我们将受益于其带来的
so we have the benefits that that brings in terms of
尖端研究进展
being at the cutting edge of researchadvances.
同时我们还有
But we also have a wonderful
一个大型的中心医院
referral hospital on site
可以为学生提供在小组内
which gives our students the chance to get lots of
获得临床经验的机会
clinical experience in very small groups.
我们不是为了名利而来
we don’t want to trade off for name
我想我们没有人是只为了剑桥的名声而来
I don’t think any of us want to trade off just the Cambridge name
我们要做的是无可非议地成为
What we want to do is be justifiably up there
世界上最好的科学大学之一中的一员
as one of the great science universities in the world.
在过去五年里
For the last five years,
我们建立了临床技能中心
we’ve had the clinical skill centre
现在那是我们进行训练的地方
and which is now set up and is a foundation of our training.
在看活体动物之前你会先在那里练习技巧
There’s a chance to go and practice all those skills before you go and see a live animal.
那里有各种各样的设备
There’s various equipment around
我们可以练习插管
that allows us to practice putting in cannulas,
给动物输液
to potentially give animals fluid
并且这里还有一些奇妙的装置
and there’s some wonderful equipment here
它可以让我们模拟我们想看到的病症
where we can actually control what they see
再在屏幕上显示出来
on the screen for the unaesthetic
就好像那里有个真正的患者
as if there was a real patient there.
我们可以做的
What that allows us to do,
是给予他们一个相对正常的环境
is obviously give them a relatively normal set of circumstances
然后再使他们慢慢进入到
and then slowly ease them into
接下来可能会发生的更刺激的变化
something maybe more dramatichappening.
不可思议的是在兽医学院你会看到很多动物
You’ll see an array of animals at the vet school, which is incredible.
在我的毕业前的最后一年 我参与了
In my final year I’ve been involved
当地野生动物保护区的猎豹救治工作
in treating of a cheetah from a local wildlife sanctuary,
我还参与了
I’ve been involved
家养宠物猪
with people’s pet pigs,
赢过比赛的纯种马等人们爱宠的治疗
thoroughbred horses that have won races, people’s prized pets,
当然也有大鼠 仓鼠和豚鼠等小动物的救治
down to rats, hamsters and guinea pigs.
在参与救治时你会接触到各种各样的动物
There’s such a wide array of animals that you’ll be involved in treating
而且在治疗中 你永远不会知道
and you never quite know
下一个是从门外进来的是哪种动物
what’s going to come through the door.
这是一些我们用来教学的马
These are some of the horses that we use for teaching
尤其我会用这些马来进行心脏病救治教学
and specifically I use these horses to teach cardiology.
我们还有两栋楼作为医院的一部分
We have two other buildings as part of the hospital,
一个是我们的诊断楼
one which is our diagnostic unit,
病人住在那里
where our inpatients stay
在那栋建筑后面还有我们的重症监护病房
and we have an intensive care unit atthe back of that building
另一栋大楼是外科大楼
and our other building is a surgical building
在那里我们有两个手术室
where we’ve got two surgical suites.
面试时我们真正希望找到的
What we’re really looking for at an interview,
是一个对这个学科有真正的热情
is a real passion for the subject
有能力去解决问题
and an ability to problem-solve
并且付诸行动的人
and have a go at problems
即便是在自己不熟悉的主题或领域
even if it’s an unfamiliar topic or an unfamiliar area.
我觉得很重要的一点是
I think it’s really important
要保持不断提问的好奇心
to have a really inquisitive mind always be asking questions
这也是我们在职业生涯中一直学习和进步的方式
that’s the way that we’re always learning and developing within the career.
因此我们对专业知识的获取并不太感兴趣
So We’re not so interested inacquisition of specific knowledge at that point,
而看重能真正解决问题并付诸行动的能力
but really an ability to problem-solve and have a go.
另一点对我们来说非常重要
I think the other thing that’s really quite important to us,
由于这是一门科学性极强的学科
is a science-based degree here it’s a very heavily science-based degree
我们希望有
and we want people
对这门科学充满热情的人加入我们
that are passionate about that science,
这一准则是放在第一位的
the underlying principles behind it.
我到了大一学期末 有几门考试不及格
I got to the end of my first year and I’d failed a couple of my exams.
五年过去了 正是经历了这些 我变得更加强大
Actually I feel now five years on I’m a stronger person for having gone through that,
这比轻松渡过这段时光要强得多
than if I have found vet school a walk in the park.
因为事实上他们都
Because actually there are going to
成为我职业生涯中的挑战
be challenges through my career,
会有困难的情况
there’s going to be difficult cases,
会有你做不到的事
there’s going to be things that you’re not going to be able to do.
没关系 你可以战胜他们
That’s okay, you can get over those
并不断地成长和进步着
and you can still build and improve.
不管你认同与否
Whether you think it or not,
你是读剑桥的料
you are Cambridge material
因为如果你申请兽医学专业
because you’re the brightest of your class
你将会是你们班最闪亮的那个
if you’re applying for veterinary medicine.
你要知道你可以的
You know, you’re up there.
在我看来 我不是读剑桥的料
In my mind, I wasn’t Cambridge material
我不可能进入那里
I was never going to get in.
而我之所以申请是因为我父母要求的
I only applied because my parents said,
好吧 发送申请又有什么害处呢
well what’s the harm and sending off an application
但是现在我已经毕业三个月
and yet I’m here three months,
并有幸成为一名合格的兽医
hopefully, from graduating as a qualified vet

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

剑桥大学兽医学院基本情况介绍

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

小羊乖乖

审核员

审核员_LM

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6dZMu4-LcQ

相关推荐