未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

学生主导的会议:授权和所有权

Student-Led Conferences: Empowerment and Ownership

妈妈 欢迎来到我的学生主导会议
Hi,mom.Welcome to my student-led conference.
我首先要告诉你的是我的(会议)目的
First, I’m going to tell you about my goals.
这些会议不同寻常
The conferences here are differe
在大多数学校 老师会找家长谈话 但是在我们这个学校
Most schools, the teachers talk to the parent, but in our school here,
Wildwood(校名) 是学生们和家长谈话
Wildwood, the students talk to the parents.
确实是我们告诉家长我们在干什么
We actually get to tell our parents what we’re doing.
Rebecca:我认为
Rebecca: I think the greatest impact
最大的改变是 他们逐渐掌握自己的成长
that I see is them taking ownership of their growth process.
Jonathan:它改变了一切
Jonathan: Pretty much it just changes everything
关于家长会的一切
about parent-teacher conferences.
家长们知晓了你所做的一切
They get to see all your work and everything that you’re doing.
并且开始对你所做的事有了一些了解
And actually get to learn a few things about what you’re doing.
所以
So.
宇宙的起源
>>At the beginning of the universe,
星系的出现 地球的出现
creation of stars, creation of the earth.
我们将它们的时间表画成一个足球场
We mapped that onto a football field as a timeline.
Mary Beth:我觉得学生自主学习的意义
Mary Beth: I think student ownership of learning,
在于它能让学生明白 “我该如何当一个学习者
and what that means is students being able to say, This is who I am
我学的是什么 为什么对我如此重要
as a learner, this is what I’m learning, this is why it’s important to me,
从中你培养了将不同课程相关性联系起来的能力
you’re building that sense of relevance and connection to the curriculum,
建立与其他同学、与老师
sense of relevance and connection to each other, to the teacher,
以及在社会中更多活动之间的联系
and to the broader work of the community.
要在学校真正实现
To actually make student ownership a reality
学生自主学习十分不易
in the school is very challenging.
我们做的还只是个小小的开始 正如我们刚才说的
So what we did is we just started very small, and we just said,
想想吧 学生们在会议中的存在感会更强
Just figure out how students are going to have a little more presence
我认为这会让人感觉到 学生是会议的主角
at the conference, and I think just creating that sense
因此学生必须成为
that the student is the center of the conference, so the student gets
掌控会议进程的一方
to be the one that facilitates that conference.
Maddy:这是我写在装订本上的目录表
Maddy: And here’s the table of contents for my binder.
首先是一份介绍函
So first, there’s an introductory letter, to introduce you
向你们介绍我之前说的学生会议
to thee Student Conference, and what I’d be talking about.
看看
Look at that.
Brigid:这次不是我们做主
Brigid: It’s not about us.
而是轮到孩子们给我们这些家长开会
It’s the kids’ turn to conference with the parents.
Rebecca:是他们大放异彩的时候了
Rebecca: It’s their turn to shine.
我们给他们提供充足的资源
We provide enough resources for them,
让他们有信心主持一场会议
so that when they lead the conference, they feel confident.
Marissa:我们今年写了篇论文 是我们要对父母
Marissa: Well, this year we wrote an essay, to know what we’re going to say
要对父母说的话 而不是一直沉默地听他们讲
to our parents, and not just keep pausing.
现在我来告诉你们我的强项和弱项
Now I will tell you my strengths and then my weaknesses.
我的强项是数学
My strengths are math.
比如 指数
So, for example, this is exponents.
还有长除法
And this is long division.
Maddy:在上学的时候你必须做好每份作业
Maddy: During the quarter, you really have to like work on each assignment,
因为你要告诉你父母
’cause you know you’re going to like want
这方面的内容
to tell your parents something about it.
Brigid:在开会前要做很多准备工作
>>Brigid: There’s a lot of pre-work that’s done before conferences happen.
孩子们需要练习 同时你要让他们思考
The kids have got to practice, and you also have to really let them think
要将哪些内容写在会议本上
about what they want to be in their binder.
这是他们的选择和我们的选择共同的结果
It’s a combination of things that they chose, and things that we chose.
Maddy:所以在我准备我的会议本的时候
Maddy: So when I was preparing my binder, you know,
我一直在想:“噢 我可以告诉妈妈
the whole time I was thinking, Oh, I can tell my mom
所有我学到的新知识”
like all the new things I learned.
这个算得上是我最喜欢的
Probably my favorite thing is this.
我们要找到三个事物 然后把它们解开
We like found three things for each document, and disconnected them.
让学生主导会议的目的是 展示自己以前学得怎么样
The purpose of the student led conference is to show where I was at,
现在学到什么程度 还有期待学到什么水平
where I am at, and where I want to be at.
在第二阶段我想在修辞手法、
>>So, for Quarter 2, I want to get better at like literary devices
段落分析和词汇测试上更进一步
and analytical paragraphs, and to better on the vocabulary tests that we have.
也许在这些方面的学习上你能帮我
So like you could help me study for those.
我要让妈妈看到我感到自豪的成果
I really got to show my mom like the work that I was proud of.
还有我学的比较吃力的部分
And I also included some work that I kind of struggled with.
这是我的词汇测试
>>And then here’s a vocabulary test.
我感到无从下手
I was very confused on this one.
当我快要学习到学季末的时候
While I’m doing the work, and towards the end of the quarter,
我会回顾目前为止做的怎么样 因为我知道
I’m like kind of looking at like how I’m doing, because I know that I’ll have
我要在会议谈到这方面 不仅仅是老师 我自己也要这样做
to talk about, not just the teacher, but I will.
Jonathan:人们习惯
Jonathan: It gets people used to be able
回顾过去的努力 他们会反思
to like review their work, like a reflection.
Brigid:反思是我们校园文化的一部分
Brigid: Reflection is part of our school culture.
作为老师 我们需要反馈
You know, as teachers we’re expected to reflect.
Jonathan:我需要在这些方面努力
Jonathan: I’m going to need to work on these traits.
首先 我要更积极地举手发言
So, the first take, it would be like raising my hand more.
或者参加一些
Or like going into activities where I wouldn’t feel
让我得到磨练的活动 脱离我的舒适地带
like comfortable, like my comfort zone.
比如小组合作
Like working in groups, kind of.
Rebecca:这是很好的反思
Rebecca: That’s a good reflection.
Jonathan:对的
Jonathan: Yeah.
Rita:Jonathan的表现让我骄傲
Rita: What Jonathan was able to showcase, makes me so proud of him.
他对现在学的知识掌握地很好
He also have a good grasp of what he’s learning.
如果只是平时在家里
And that depth is what I really was able to get today.
我不会像现在这么了解他的学习
And I couldn’t have got from him at home.
老师:做的好
Teachers: Good job.
Jonathan:谢谢
Jonathan: Yeah, thank you.
Brigid:这让家长能从另一个角度了解他们的孩子
Brigid: It helps parents to see their kids in a different light, too.
看到孩子们作为学生时的样子
This is what my child is as a student.
Jonathan:你可以看到我画出来的细节
Jonathan: Like you can see like the little details of how I draw.
Christine:通过学生主导的会议 还有反思
Christine: Through Student-Led Conferences and through the reflection,
注重如何应用你学到的 能把它们清楚表达出来
and emphasis on applying what you know, and articulating what you know,
并且能够说给其他人听 看到他们怎么把自己学到的
and sharing what you know, it’s been really cool to see the expression
表达出来 这种感觉很好
of what someone’s learned about themselves.
Maddy:我生命中所爱的人和事筑就了现在的我
Maddy: Loving events and people in my life have helped me become who I am.
不管未来有多少变数 我仍旧是我
No matter how many things change in the future, I’ll still be me.
Christine:希望如此
Christine: I hope so.
做的好
Good job.
Maddy:谢谢
Maddy: Thanks!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

火腿三文治

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_WBSInDc2E

相关推荐