ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

学生控诉我“尺度”太大 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

学生控诉我“尺度”太大

Student Censorship - Laura Kipnis on Free Speech

I recently became aware that there are students on my own campus
最近发现 我们学校有些学生
who think that I should lose my job.
认为我应该被解雇
《校园里的审查制度》
嘉宾 萝拉·吉普尼斯 美国西北大学教授
I mean I guess I sort of knew this.
我想我多多少少还是知道的
But the startling thing in this case was
但这件事比较惊人的地方在于
that it was somebody I know who teaches creative writting,
是我的一个教创意写作的朋友
who told me that she had taught in one of her classes essay
告诉我 她在一堂课上讲了
that I wrote about sexual paranoia in academia as an example.
我写的一篇关于性妄想的学术论文做例子
She taught this essay as an example of writers
她把这篇论文当做作家
taking on controversial topics.
描写争议性话题的一个例子来讲的
And one of the students in the class said
课堂上有一个学生说
that she thought I should have been fired over the essay.
她认为我应该因为这篇文章被解雇
And I guess other students were nodding their heads yes, yes.
我猜其他学生也在点头说 是的 是的
So the thing that was startling about this to me was,
这件事让我感到震惊的是
this was creative writing students.
他们是学习创意写作的学生
This was a creative writing class.
这是一门创意写作课
And I couldn’t quite get my mind around this.
所以这件事我有点想不通
Like, what did these students imagine was gonna happen to their own work
如果以后这些学生有机会出版自己的作品
when they start publishing, if they do?
他们觉得会发生什么情况呢?
What central committee would they choose to judge
他们会选择什么样的中央评委会来决定
whether their work passed to mass
自己的作品能不能给大众看
or was acceptable or not?
以及符不符合审核标准呢?
I do think that if you’re a creative writer,
我真的觉得 如果你是一个有创造性的作家
it’s in your own interest to promote freedom of expression,
那么促进言论自由
and to be in favor of whatever imaginative license
支持别人 把想象都纳入自己作品的自由
anybody else wants to take in their work.
都是与你自己有益的
Here’s the thing.
事情是这样的
An awful lot of the work
我们现在认为的
we now think of as part of the canon
很多标准的作品
was in its day incredibly controversial.
在当时都是非常具有争议性的
Particularly writers who take on prohibited sorts of subject matter
尤其是那些描写禁忌性话题
like having to do with sex or politics.
比如性和政治的作家
You know we also…
你知道我们也……
We have to be aware
我们必须明白
that the standards of this moment are not timeless,
现在的标准并非是一成不变的
that our sensitivities are not timeless.
我们对事物的敏感度也不是永恒不变的
And that the history of writing, of literature,
而且写作的历史 文学的历史
is a history of contestation,
是充满争议的历史
of writers pushing back against current morals,
是作家与当前道德观念作斗争
and, and seizing the license to do that.
争取自由创作机会的历史
Oftentimes against would be censors,
审查人员经常会出来反对
whether it’s the church, the state, the communist party.
不管是教会 政府 还是政党
Whatever central committees are formed
不管什么样的中央评委会组建起来
to try to tamp down on creative expression.
都会试图打压创造性的表达
I guess as a writer,
作为一名作家
my goal has been to tell the truth as I see it.
我想我的目标一直都是讲述看到的真相
Sometimes my work has been controversial for that reason.
有时我的作品因此而备受争议
I’m not saying I’ve always been right in my opinions or views,
不是说我的意见或观点就总是对的
but I don’t think you always know.
但我觉得 你不可能什么都知道
You don’t know in advance
你无法预知
what the right opinion or view point is.
什么样的意见或观点才是对的
And it’s one of the problems I have with students
这也是我不同意学生们
setting themselves up as a kind of central committee,
组建自己的中央评委会
and judging work and trying to some degrees
来评定 并且某种程度上
stricture or censor work that they disagree with.
非难或删减他们不认同的作品的一个原因
Is that you don’t know how things are gonna look
你不知道五年或十年后
five or ten years from now.
情况会怎样
You don’t know that you are right.
你到底对不对 你并不知道
And it would take a lot of hubris really
你以有限的水平思考这件事
to think that from your own limited position.
真的很狂妄
You can decide
你可以决定
what the correct view line on a subject is,
一个主题正确的思路是什么
particularly subjects are kind of unfolding at the moment.
特别是目前日趋明朗的主题
You know we all…
你知道我们都……
I think it’s writers and thinkers
我认为作家和思想家
coming to provisional sorts of conclusions,
需要达成了临时性的结论
and doing the best that we can with that.
并在当下做到自己的最好

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

道德标准是一成不变的吗?又如何实现创作的自由呢?来听听美国著名社会学家的亲身经历吧!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

*木兮*

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5uUpOK_pJs

相关推荐