ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

别再迷信保健品了! – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

别再迷信保健品了!

Stop the Vitamin Obsession!!! | Wednesday Checkup

– [Dr. Mike] Are you taking vitamins
【麦克医生】你是否正在服用维生素
for absolutely no reason?
但是却完全没有理由
Well that’s the topic of this week’s Wednesday Checkup.
好吧 这就是本周的“周三健康检查”的话题
Hit that intro.
放片头
♪ Upbeat music ♪
[欢快的音乐]
Odds are you’re probably wasting your money
很可能你正在浪费你的钱
if you’re taking a supplement.
如果你在吃保健品的话
Here’s why, I just partnered with the American Osteopathic Association
原因如下 我最近参加了美国骨病联合会
to conduct a Harris Poll
来进行一项哈里斯民意调查
where we found that eighty-six percent ofAmericans
调查中我们发现 百分之八十六的美国人
are taking a vitamin or supplement
正在服用维生素或保健品
and only about twenty percent
而其中只有大约百分之二十
actually tested positive for nutritional deficiency.
被确诊有营养不足
Now this confirms something I’ve known in my heart all along,
这个现象确认了我一直以来所认为的事
that people are taking these supplements unnecessarily.
那就是 人们在摄入不必要的保健品
Where does this craze come from?
这种保健品狂热究竟从哪里来呢
I think this obsession with vitamins comes from
我认为对维他命的这种着迷来自于
the constant need to improve our performance,
提升自我表现的长期需要
this unrealistic body image that’s pushed on us everywhere.
这种逼迫我们的不现实的身材幻想随处可见
I mean if you just go on Instagram,
我的意思是 如果你去Instagram上看看
the unrealistic figures that people have is crazy to me.
别人拥有的那种魔鬼身材让我疯狂
Most of it is plastic surgery, Photoshop or FaceTune,
这些魔鬼身材大部分来自整形外科 Photoshop或者 FaceTune
or maybe sometimes performance enhancing drugs,
也可能是某种提升外表的药物
but what marketers do is they prey on your insecurities.
但销售人员做的就是利用你的不安全感
They sell you products with unproven claims.
他们卖给你未经认证的产品
I mean how many times have you seen boost your immune system,
有多少次你见到过标签上写着 提高你的免疫力
build muscle, fast abs,
锻炼肌肉 腹肌快速塑型
six hours of continuous energy on a label?
六小时持续保持活力?
This happens all the time
这种事情一直在发生
and I have a serious problem with that.
而我对其持严重怀疑的态度
What upsets me most is when I see
最让我沮丧的就是
health professionals transform into IKA experts.
看到保健人士摇身一变成了IKA专家时
The epidemic of the I know all expert.
也就是流行的“我什么都知道”型专家
There are too many of these experts out there,
有太多这样的专家
claiming to have all of the answers,
当真正的科学团体存有疑问时
when the rest of the scientific community has questions.
他们却宣称知道所有的答案
Well I agree with this guy,
我同意这家伙的话
there are certain instances where evidence shows
有一些特定的实例表明有证据
that vitamin supplementation is beneficial.
指出补充维生素是有利的
If your doctor tells you
如果医生告诉你
you have very low levels of Vitamin D,
说你缺乏维生素D
it makes sense to supplement.
那么补充维生素是合理的
If you have a chronic health condition,
如果你有慢性疾病
like a malabsorption syndrome
比如吸收障碍综合征
where you can’t actively absorb vitamins,
导致你不能主动吸收维生素
it also makes sense to take one.
补充维生素也是说得通的
In pregnancy, or if you’re even thinking about getting pregnant,
如果你怀着孕 或者正在考虑怀孕
I recommend to my patients
我也会建议我的病人
to take a prenatal supplement.
吃一些产前保健品
And if you’re following a restrictive diet,
如果你正在限制饮食
I’m talking to you vegans out there,
我是指屏幕前的素食者们
I also do recommend supplementation in that case.
在这种情况下 我也建议吃一些保健品
Hold up, hold up, hold up, hold up.
停一下 停一下 停一下 停一下
Odds are you don’t have one of these health conditions.
很可能你并没有这些健康问题
Odds are your doctor didn’t tell
很可能你的医生并没有
you to be taking a supplement.
让你补充保健品
So let’s get into it and take about the harms of taking these.
那么我们来深入探讨一下保健品的危害吧
First of all, most vitamins have minimal proof, if any, of benefit.
首先 大多数维生素基本未被证明是有好处的
You’re spending money, but for what?
你在花钱 但花钱是为了什么呢
I guess if you really want expensive urine.
我猜你是否真的想要昂贵的尿液
Vitamins really give you this false reassurance where you may say,
维生素给你一种虚假的安慰 可能会让你觉得
“Awh, I don’t need to eat these vegetables,
“啊 我不用吃这些蔬菜
I’m going to take a multivitamin”.
我要吃多种维生素”
It doesn’t work that way.
但事实并非如此
You’re better off spending your time and effort
你最好是把时间和精力花在
on changing your lifestyle in other meaningful ways.
用其他有意义的方式改变生活习惯上
Surprisingly, some supplements have even been shown
令人惊讶的是 甚至有些保健品被证明
to decrease the effectiveness of very common medications like insulin, or Xanax,
会降低普通药物的效果 比如胰岛素或阿普唑仑
so you have to be really careful.
所以你一定要非常小心
It’s pretty rare to get toxicity of water soluble vitamins,
服用水溶性维生素导致中毒是非常罕见的
but for fat soluble vitamins, D, E, K, A,
但是对脂溶性维生素D E K A来说
you can get yourself into trouble with toxicity
你可能会把自己置于中毒的风险当中
because they can build up in your fat stores.
因为它们会在你的脂肪中堆积
The biggest risk when it comes to taking vitamins is the unknown.
当服用维生素时 最大的风险就是未知
I know that sounds kind of funny.
我知道这听起来很可笑
It actually sounds like a movie title.
它听起来也好像是电影名
No, no.
不是的
In all seriousness, the FDA does not check this.
很严肃地说 药监局并没有检查这件事
Companies don’t need to prove the safety
公司也不用证明
or effectiveness of the product that they’re selling.
他们出售药品的安全性或有效性
I can, right now, create a supplement sitting right here,
现在我坐在这里就能制造出一种保健品
pour it into little capsules,
把它倒进胶囊里
go and sell it in the store, and it’s perfectly legal.
然后放在商店里出售 这完全是合法的
Consumer lab has done testing and found
消费者实验室曾做过测试并发现
that the ingredients inside many supplements
许多保健品里的原材料
don’t match what’s said on the label.
跟它们标签上写的并不一致
Proprietary blends of weight loss formulas
减肥药剂的专有配方
have been found to be toxic to the liver.
被发现会造成肝脏中毒
And some scary articles have been coming out
一些吓人的文章也显示
showing taking high doses of certain vitamins
服用高剂量的某些维生素
increases risk of cancer.
会增加患癌症的风险
My bottom line when it comes to vitamins is
我对于维生素的底线就是
if your doctor recommended them for you,
如果你的医生向你推荐了它们
or you have a medical necessity, continue taking them.
或者出于病情需要 可以继续吃
But if you want to take them just to stay healthy,
但是如果你吃维生素只是为了保持健康
or you’re having some kind
或者你出现了某种
of symptom that you’re ready to blame on a vitamin deficiency,
你觉得是缺乏维生素导致的症状
talk to your doctor first,
先跟你的医生谈谈
because that’s usually not the case.
因为情况通常不是你想的那样
And as any honest doctor will tell you,
正如任何诚实的医生会告诉你那样
while we know a lot about vitamins,
尽管我们对维生素了解很多
there’s a lot more that we don’t know.
但还是有更多我们不知道的
So anyone claiming to have all the answers,
所以任何宣称知道所有答案的人
is usually full of it.
都是满口谎言
Stay happy and healthy.
保持快乐和健康
♪ Upbeat music ♪
[欢快的音乐]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

麦克医生为我们揭开了保健品的神秘面纱,并劝告我们不再盲目吃保健品

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

小猪猪

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLzwozJE2IM

相关推荐