未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

别只会说"Avoid"|来学习十个更好的替换词

Stop Saying AVOID | Learn 10 Better Alternatives & Speak English Like A Pro | Spoken English Lesson

Honesty is the best policy.
诚实是最好的原则
Let’s change that.
我们来改改这句话
Honesty is the best policy when there’re always options.
当我们总有选择的时候 诚实为上
Well, we always want to avoid different things that we don’t like.
好吧 我们总是想要避开各种我们所不喜欢的
For example, sometimes we like to avoid
举个例子 有时候我们想要避开
some people. OK?
一些人 对吧?
Some people want to avoid the truth.
有一些人想要躲避真相
Maybe you want to avoid your math homework.
也许你想要避开你的数学作业
Or maybe you want to avoid taking your dog
或者你可能想要避免 在下雨天
for a walk when it’s raining.
出去遛你的狗
Or maybe for you’re too tired,
或者你可能太累了
you want to avoid taking out the trash.
想要避免去扔垃圾
Or maybe your aunt Massa who’s called you for a date.
再或者可能你的Massa阿姨打电话约你
You don’t wanna spend the time with her.
可你不想要花时间去陪她
So how will you avoid her?
所以你要如何躲避她呢?
Well, how you’re going to avoid her is your problem.
好吧 怎么样避开她是你的问题
But how you’re going to talk about avoiding something is my problem.
但是你将如何谈论避开事情是我的问题
Cuz in this lesson today, I am going to give you
因为在今天的课程中 我将要给你
about 10 alternatives to the word Avoid.
关于避免一词的十个替代词
How can you replace the word Avoid
要如何在许多情景下
with some other interesting useful words
使用一些其他有趣又有用的单词
that can be used in a lot of situations?
来代替单词避免呢?
This lesson is gonna be a lot of fun.
这节课将会非常有趣
Keep watching it with me.
继续跟着我一起来看吧
My name is Michelle, and you’re watching me on Let’s Talk.
我叫Michelle 你正在Let’s Talk观看我的课程
So here we are, guys,
那么我们到啦 伙计们
where we have a lot of alternatives to the word Avoid.
这里我们有很多的Avoid的替换词
So let’s look at the first word.
让我们来看第一个单词
Indifferent.
漠不关心的
Well, this word has nothing to do with different,
好吧 这个单词跟different没有任何关系
and it is not the opposite to the different as you might think
它也不是你在读这个单词的时候
when you read this word.
所认为的different的反义词
Indifferent basically means when you don’t care about something.
indifferent的基本含义是你不关心某事的状态
Think of a person who does not care about
试想一个不关心
which party wins the votes.
哪个政党赢得了选票
The maximum votes.
哪个政党赢得了最多的选票的人
So when this person goes to vote,
当这个人去投票的时候
what he does is, he flips the coin,
他怎么去做呢 他抛硬币
and then gives the vote.
然后投票
If, you know, he gets the other side, then he
你懂的 如果他抛到正面
would vote for one party.
他就会投票给一个政党
And if he gets the other side,
如果他抛到反面
he would vote for another party.
他会投票给另一个政党
So do you think he really cares about who wins? Well no.
所以你觉得他真的关心谁赢吗?当然不啦
So this person is indifferent about who wins.
所以这个人对谁能赢得选票是漠不关心的
Which means he does not care.
这意味着他不在乎
So an indifferent person
所以一个对某事不感兴趣的人
does not care.
不在乎某事
If you don’t care about what other people
如果你不在乎其他人
think of you, you could say
怎么看你 你可以说
I’m almost indifferent about how other people think of me.
我几乎不在乎别人怎么看我
Great. Now with this, let’s look at the next one.
很好 现在 让我们来看下一个
And that is Evade.
这个词是躲避
So Evade is
所以Evade是用在
when you escape something. OK?
你在躲避某事的时候 能明白吗?
When you escape a situation very cleverly,
当你巧妙地逃离一个局面时
When you evade trickfully
当你巧妙地避开
escaping a situation.
逃离一个处境
Alright. So…
好吧 那么……
A person who cleverly escapes a situation.
某人巧妙地逃离一个局面
How about…
比如……
you having had all the cookies in the jar
当你在家的时候
which were at your home.
你把罐子里所有的饼干都吃掉了
And then your mom comes and asks you
然后你妈过来问你
“Hey, where are cookies missing?”
嘿 饼干都去哪了?
And then you try to evade her question.
接着你尝试逃避她的问题
Which means you escape her question
也就是说 你快速切换到另一个主题
by quickly switching to another topic.
以此来逃避她的问题
So that’s what Evading means.
所以这就是Evading的意思
If you want to use it in a sentence
如果你想要在一个句子里用它
you could say that
你可以说
“He skillfully evaded all my questions”.
他巧妙地回避了我所有的问题
Or you can say that
或者你可以说
“He evades his responsibilities very cleverly”.
他巧妙地逃避了他的责任
For example, whenever somebody comes home,
举个例子 每当有人回家
this guy just… this guy just goes out,
这个人……这个人都会出门
so that he does not need to
这样他就不需要
host in the guest or help at work.
接待客人或者帮忙了
That’s called Evading.
这就是Evading
Alright. Now let’s talk about the next verb which is Eluding.
好的 现在让我们来说说下一个动词 Eluding
Eluding is very similar to Evading in the pronunciation,
Eluding在发音上和Evading非常相似
so do not get confused.
所以不要感到困惑
So it also means escaping.
它的含义也是逃离
But… But Eluding has a very… slippery feeling.
但是……但是Eluding给人一种非常……滑的感觉
So if you got oily hands,
所以如果你手油油的
and if you want to hold the glass,
但你又想拿着玻璃杯
obviously, the glass will slip out of your hand.
很明显地 玻璃杯会从你手中滑落
So in that case, the glass is eluding you. OK?
所以在这种情况下 玻璃杯在脱离你 能明白吗?
Let me explain it in a much better way.
让我用一种更好的方式来解释它
Eluding could be
Eluding可以是
if you don’t like math,
如果你不喜欢数学
maybe you don’t like math at all,
也许你一点也不喜欢数学
so you could say that “math eludes me”.
那么你可以说 我理解不了数学
Which means it’s very hard for me to understand. OK?
这意味着我很难理解数学这门课程 能明白吗?
Something that is hard for you to grasp or understand is Eluding.
Eluding的意思是你很难去抓住或者理解某种东西
Alright. Something is just hard to grasp.
好吧 某件你难以抓住的物品
As an example, you could say
例如 你可以说
“I have been working so hard to understand chemistry,
我努力了很久去理解化学
but it just eludes me.”
但是它使我难以理解
Which means I’m just not able to understand it.
这意味着我无法去理解它
It’s so hard to understand it. OK?
它是让人难以理解的 能明白吗?
And this is how… yeah, this is how you could use Elude.
这就是你可以如何使用Elude这个词
Now with this, let’s look at the next verb that we have.
现在 让我们来看看下一个动词
And this is Misdirect.
误导
So this word has something to do with direct. OK?
这个词有引路的含义 能明白吗?
It has something to do basically with directions.
它是与方向有关的
Directions mean to guide someone. OK?
方向意味着指引他人 理解吗?
But when you guide a person wrongly,
但是当你错误地引导了人
that’s when you misdirect them. OK?
也就是说 你误导了他们 能明白吗?
Which means to wrongly guide someone.
这意味着你错误地引导了他人
To wrongly guide someone to words or places,
错误地引导他人可以是言语上的误导或者是地方上的误导
or maybe to give them wrong suggestions.
也或者可能是给他人错误的建议
So you could be physical as well as mental.
所以这可以是身体上的和心理上的
Physical would be to misguide on the directions,
行为上的误导可以是带错路
and mental would be to misguide with giving wrong suggestions.
心理上的误导可以是给他人一些错误的建议
So this is something similar to misunderstanding.
这与misunderstanding很相似
Which means to understand someone wrongly.
意思是错误地理解某人
The same way misdirect means to guide someone or something wrongly.
相同的道理 misdirect的意思是误导某人或某事
To use it in a sentence, you could say that
要在句子中使用这个单词 你可以说
“The post office misdirected the package to the wrong address.”
邮局把包裹寄错了地址
Well, in that case I hope you have the tracking number
好吧 在这种情况下 我希望你有快递单号
to get the package back.
去追回你的包裹喔
Alright. Now let’s look at the next one. Skirting.
好吧 现在让我们来看下一个单词 回避
So does this have to do something with skirt?
那么这个词跟裙子有什么关系呢?
Well, skirt is a type of clothes that’s worn
嗯 裙子是一种穿在
on the bottom by females.
女人下半身的衣服
But this one has not anything to do with skirting.
然而裙子和skirting没有任何关系
Skirting purely means avoiding.
skirting单纯指的是避开
And you will often hear this word in the news.
你会经常在新闻里听到这个词
We often see politicians avoiding some questions.
我们通常看到政治家避开一些问题
Right? So you could say that
对吧?所以你可以说
“The politician was skirting questions about the latest scam.”
这位政治家在回避关于最新骗局的问题
Which means he was avoiding questions about the latest scam.
意思就是说 他在避开关于最新骗局的问题
and you could use it, of course, in a more formal situation,
然后你可以用它 当然啦 在更正式的场合
like in an essay or something like that. OK.
就像是论文或者是其他类似的 好吧
With this we move forward and look at the next option.
有了这个 我们来继续看下一个吧
Ah-Choo! OK.
阿嚏!好吧
That’s almost how it’s pronounced.
跟这个单词的发音非常接近啦
Ah-Choo. This is Eschew.
阿嚏 这是Eschew
And this word is not so common
这个单词不是很常见
for the reason that it’s very hard to pronounce,
因为它非常难发音
and it’s almost like we are sneezing.
它的发音几乎就像是我们在打喷嚏
So Eschew means, again, to avoid something.
再说一次 Eschew的意思是 避免某物
Here it means to avoid something
在这里它的意思是有意地避免某物
intentionally. OK? Or deliberately.
明白吗 或者是故意地避开某物
Basically it means to abstain from something.
总的来说 这意味着放弃某物
So think of vegetarians.
所以试想素食主义者
Vegetarians do not eat meat.
素食主义者是不吃肉的
So this means they do not eat meat by their own will.
所以这意味着他们是有意地不去吃肉
They decide not to eat it, so they abstain from it.
他们决定不去吃肉 所以他们放弃吃肉
Taking another example. What about people who are dieting.
再举一个例子 节食的人呢
They eschew chocolates.
他们避开巧克力
Which means they avoid having chocolates,
也就是说 他们避免去吃巧克力
because they think it would make them very fat.
因为他们认为巧克力会让他们变胖
So that is Eschewing.
这就是Eschewing
When you not do something,
你不做某事的状态
because when you don’t do something intentionally.
因为你故意地不做某事
So Eschewing is abstaining from something.
所以Eschewing是放弃做某事
So we could say that vegetarians eschew all kinds of meat.
我们可以说 素食主义者放弃所有种类的肉
Alright. Now with this let’s look at the next one, Circumvent.
好的 现在让我们看看下一个单词 Circumvent
Alright. So now like we had this one, Evade.
好的 和Evade这个词类似
Which is to cleverly escape a problem.
它意思是巧妙地逃避一个问题
Circumvent means to smartly escape a problem.
Circumvent的意思是机智地躲避一个问题
So there’s something similar to Evade.
所以这跟Evade有些类似
But not completely similar.
但是不是完全相似
So, to smartly escape a problem.
机智地避开问题
So Circumvent is usually used in work situations.
Circumvent经常用在工作上
When you’re working
当你在工作的时候
So you could say that “if you don’t circumvent this problem,
那么你可以说 如果你不避开这个问题
we will not be able to find the solution”.
我们将没有办法找到解决方案
So basically it means to smartly, carefully escape a problem
所以基本上这意思就是 通过寻找解决方案
by finding solutions.
巧妙地 小心翼翼地去避开一个问题
Wonderful. Now with this let’s go forward,
好极了 现在让我们继续往前
and look at some more verbs
看看更多用来替换
which could be used to replace Avoid.
Avoid的动词
Have you seen dodgeball?
你有见过躲避球吗?
What happens in dodgeball?
玩躲避球的时候会发生什么?
So in dodge ball a player tries to avoid the ball.
在玩躲避球的时候 球员会试着去避开球
Which means if the ball is coming at them,
就是说 如果球冲着他们来
they have to avoid it.
他们必须去避开它
They have to stop the ball from coming towards them.
他们必须让这个冲他们来的球停下来
And to do that either they do it like this,
为了让它停下来 他们做这样的动作
or they move. Alright?
或者他们移开 好吧?
So Dodge means to quickly move in order to avoid something.
所以Dodge的意思是 为了避开某物而快速地移动开来
Alright. To quickly move, to avoid something.
好的 为了避免某物而去快速地去移动开
So, well uh, if you’re standing somewhere,
那么 好的 如果你站在某处
and there’s a flat pot which is falling on you
然后有一个平底罐子 从窗台或架子上
from a ledge or from a shelf,
落向你
then you will have to quickly hop to the other side.
然后你就会很快地跳到另一边
That’s when you’re dodging the flat pot.
当你在躲避平底罐子
Which means you’re avoiding the flat pot by suddenly moving. OK?
也就是说 你是突然移动开来躲避它的 对吧?
And to used in a sentence,
要在句子里用这个词
if you’re talking to somebody,
如果你在跟某人谈话
and they are trying to jump to different topics
然后他们尝试跳到不同的话题去
to escape and avoid your questions, you could say that
来逃脱和躲避你的问题 你可以这么说
“Don’t try to dodge my questions. I want my answers right now”.
不要尝试去躲避我的问题 我现在就想要我的答案
Well, that’s a very serious way of asking someone to answer you.
好吧 这是一个非常严肃的方式去要求别人回答你
So Dodge here this for you.
所以这就是Dodge啦
To move quickly or to jump to a different topic quickly
为了躲避或避开问题
in order to escape or avoid questions.
而快速地移动开 或者是快速地跳到不同的话题
OK, now the next one is, obviously, a phrasal verb, alright,
很好 现在让我们来看看下一个 这非常明显是一个动词词组 好吧
where we have a verb and a preposition. Fake Out.
这里我们有一个动词和一个介词 Fake Out
So Fake Out means to fool someone.
所以Fake Out的意思是愚弄某人
Yes, Fake Out means to fool someone with your fancy ideas.
对的 Fake Out的意思是用你花哨的想法来愚弄某人
Let me help you.
让我来帮帮你吧
Do you remember that guy from school
你还记得那些在学校里的家伙
who suddenly became your friend when the final exam was coming closer?
当临近期末考的时候 突然成为你的朋友
Yes, and what he did was copy your chemistry papers?
是的 他抄袭了你的化学论文对吧?
Well, that’s all he wanted.
好吧 那就是他所想要的
And after that, he didn’t speak to you.
接着过了一阵子 他就不再跟你说话了
So basically you were faked out.
所以总的来说 就是你被骗了
Which means you were fooled by that person. OK?
也就是说 你被那个人给愚弄了 能明白吗?
Now Fake Out could be used
现在Fake Out可以用在
when you’re talking to someone, you could say
当你跟某人聊天的时候 你可以说
“I’m not going to faked out by your fancy ideas.
我不想被你花哨的想法给骗了
I’m not joining you for this party”.
我不会跟你去参加这个聚会的
So Fake Out means to fool someone and to avoid them.
所以Fake Out的意思是 愚弄某人并且避开他们
Alright? Not with that we move to the last verb for today,
好的 现在我们移到今天最后一个动词
which is a very formal verb, which means to divert.
这是个非常正式的动词 意思是转移
So divert, alright.
divert 好吧
You would have heard this word in the news
你会在新闻里听到这个词
and even on the radio.
甚至在电台里
What happens when there’s an accident on the road?
路上出事故时会发生什么?
There’s a road block and suddenly there’s a jam. Traffic jam.
会放一个路障 接着会突然堵车 交通堵塞
So what does the police do?
那么警察是怎么做的呢?
Police diverts the traffic.
警察把车辆转移了
Which means they ask the traffic to go through a different direction.
这意味着他们让车辆从一个不同的方向走
So when the police asks the traffic
所以当警察要求车辆
to go to a different direction,
去一个不同方向的时候
what they’re basically doing is
总的来说 他们在做的
they are diverting the direction.
就是转移了方向
Which means to change the direction,
意思是改变了方向
or to change the route of something.
或者改变了某物的路线
To change the route.
改变路线
You know you can divert someone’s attention also.
你知道你也可以转移某人的注意力
Right, this is like mental diverting.
对吧 这就像是精神转移
For example, if you’re having your plan
例如 如果你计划
to give a surprise party to your best friend,
给最好的朋友一个惊喜派对
the best thing would be to divert their attention.
最好的方法就是转移他们的注意力
Which means to distract them. OK?
也就是说 让他们分心 能明白吗?
By bringing their focus to something else. OK?
把他们的注意力转移到别的事情上 好吧?
So that’s what you mean by diverting somebody.
所以你的意思就是在转移某人的注意力
Have you ever seen a magic show?
你有看过魔术表演吗?
Right, so when the magician tries to put
对吧 所以当你看到魔术师
a rabbit in the cap,
在帽子里放一只兔子
and then later he tries to put out
接着不一会儿 他试着去拿出来
What he does is he distracts you at the time when he’s
他做的就是 当他在帽子里放兔子的时候
trying to put the rabbit in the cap
转移你的注意力
So that you’re not able to see.
这样你就不会发觉啦
So that is diverting.
所以这就是diverting
Which means to change a person’s direction,
意思就是 改变一个人的方向
or to change a person’s attention.
或者改变一个人的注意力
Alright, so diverting could be used
好的 这就是如何使用diverting
in the sentence while you could say that
在句子中 你可以说
“The police diverted the traffic,
警察转移了车辆
so that the accident block could be handled”.
以便事故路障可以被处理掉
So this is how you can use all these words
那么这就是 你可以如何使用这些单词
to talk about diverting.
去谈论diverting啦
Sorry, yeah, to talk about avoiding.
啊 抱歉 是去谈论avoiding
Which means that you could use them all
意思就是说 你可以
in different situations at different places.
在不同的场景 不同地方
And these are verbs.
去用这些动词
I hope that your knowledge about avoiding has been increased today.
我希望今天你对关于回避的知识有所增加
Well, all the best avoiding all the people,
好的 最好的避免所有人
and all the best talking about avoiding people.
并且最好的谈论关于避免所有人
Thank you so much for staying with me,
非常感谢收看我的节目
and see you guys very soon.
很快就会再见到你们啦
Take care of yourself.
保重喔
Bye bye.
再见啦

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

Avoid的十个替换词,让你在生活中谈论到“避免”一词时,有更多的方式来表达自己的想法。

听录译者

ri

翻译译者

南希喜欢草莓奶昔

审核员
视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RewiG3wvqhs

相关推荐