未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何通过音乐找到失落的平静

Steven Sharp Nelson: How to find peace with loss through music | TED

[applause]
掌声
Thank you very much.
感谢你们
Thank you. Thank you so much.
谢谢 谢谢你们
Victor Borge used to say, I’d like to thank my parents for making this performance possible,
Victor Borge曾说过 我要感谢父母让我拥有这次演出
and my children for making it necessary.
我也要感谢我的孩子让我不得不来
[laughter]
笑声
So many people in our lives make our life purpose possible and necessary.
生命中有太多人让我们的人生目标得以实现并成为必要
I’d like to take you on a musical journey
我将带你们开启一段音乐旅程
that connects you with one of those people.
在旅途中 你们将与生命中重要之人相见
Someone you love dearly.
你深爱着这个人
Someone you want to have a little more time to love.
你希望能多有一些时间去爱他
Someone you wish was still with you.
你希望这个人仍伴你左右
This is my mom.
这是我的妈妈
Isn’t she beautiful? [laughs]
是不是很漂亮? [笑声]
And then there’s this guy.
然后就是这个家伙了
Yeah. I’m afraid that’s me.
是的 那是我
I don’t like that childlike grin
我不喜欢自己那种天真的笑
and superstylish Beatles haircut for you.
和超时髦的披头士风格发型
I was trouble.
我很苦恼
But as you could see, I was happy when I was with my mom.
但你们也看到 我和我妈妈在一起时是开心的
She’s one of the greatest lyrical sopranos that ever lived,
她是迄今为止最棒的抒情女高音歌唱家之一
and definitely gifted with the voice of an angel.
有着天使般的嗓音
She could have set her stage anywhere, anywhere in the world.
她本可以在全世界的舞台上展开歌喉
But she gave that up
但她放弃了
to be my mom.
就为了当我的妈妈
She gave me this stage with you today.
她成就了我今天的舞台
She’s been by my side when I’ve been particularly nervous
当我紧张时她总在我身边
for a big performance touring the world with the piano guys.
无论是我和the piano guys全球巡演
Or when I’ve been off the stage,
还是当我走下舞台
struggling at the mercy of anxiety and depression.
被焦虑和沮丧所笼罩
Or when I felt like I’m under the thumb of this
亦或是当我感觉自己被一个
pernitiously pervasive demon,
很多人都与之对抗的
known as adequacy that so many of us are fighting.
叫做能力的恶魔所支配时
She’s gently nudged me forward
正当我想要放弃的时候
right at the moment when I thought like giving up.
她温柔地推我向前走
So I’m a musician today not only because what she gave up for me,
因此今天的我成为一名音乐家 不仅因为那些她为我所放弃的
but also because what she continues to give me.
还因那些她持续给予我的
And that support is profound and specially powerful. Why?
那种支持意义非凡 有着特别的力量 为什么呢
Because I come from a place
因为我来自一个
about which we know very little.
鲜为人知的地方
Not long after that first picture I showed you was taken,
就在拍那张照片之后不久
my mother fell to the floor of our home suddenly
我的妈妈突然在家里摔倒了
in this really scary seizure.
症状十分严重
Such an intense moment.
危急时刻
My dad rushed her to the ER.
我的爸爸匆忙送她去医院抢救
Brain tumor. Big one.
检查出是脑瘤 很严重的脑瘤
Doctors didn’t know how long we’d have,
医生说不准她还能活多久
one, two, maybe three years, before we lose her.
一年 两年 或许三年 然后我们会失去她
But due to her strength and series of indescribable miracles,
但是由于她的坚强和令人难以置信的奇迹
she defied that prognoses and fought that brain tumor for eighteen years.
她打破了医生的预言 对抗脑瘤长达十八年
[applause] Thank you.
谢谢你们 [掌声]
I’ll let her know. Thank you.
我会转告她 谢谢
She fought that brain tumor for eighteen years, but think about this:
她和脑癌抗争了十八年 但是请大家想想
Some of those years we’re really rough as you can imagine.
那些年里 我们的确艰难
But we learned to be grateful for every day.
但我们学会了感恩每一天
Now when her final curtain call came,
如今 当她的人生舞台要落下帷幕
I couldn’t applaud because I wasn’t ready for it to end.
我不能鼓掌 因为我没有准备好告别
So after she passed away, I spent some time being angry,
所以她去世后 我有段时间对于那些被偷走的时间
bitter, resentful, confused of these years that were stolen from me.
感到痛苦 愤懑与迷茫
At the chance, I never had to know the soprano in this beautiful woman,
那时 我从未了解母亲作为一个漂亮女歌唱家的身份
to hear her sing in full voice without pain,
从未听她不带病痛地高歌一曲
to perform with her.
从未和她同台演出
Oh, I would love that just me playing the cello,
哦 我会爱上那个场景 我拉着大提琴
right next to her, just looking up at her beautiful face, singing.
就在她身旁 望着她美丽的脸庞 歌唱着
Oh, I would love that chance.
我一定会爱上那样的时刻
Never got that chance.
从未有过的时刻
So I struggled with this. I really did, but then,
所以我很痛苦 真的
I discovered something.
但我发现了一些事情
Something that has compelled me
一些推动着我
to be on this stage talking with you today.
让我今天能够站在这里和你们交谈的事情
Isn’t it true that our life smooth to be line with melodies
我们的人生是不是总伴随着优美的乐曲
tend to be written during the dark symphonies of our struggle?
而这些乐曲却是在我们痛苦黯淡时所写
And in this dark symphony, I found healing for matter.
在这种痛苦黯淡中 我发现了治愈的办法
The very thing that wounded me
而这治愈我的
was the same thing that healed me:
恰好是让我伤心的东西
the power of music.
那就是音乐的力量
You see since I spent some special time with my mom,
自从我和我的妈妈一起度过了一段特殊的时光
through music I discovered that the people we’ve lost are lost at all.
我便通过音乐悟出一个道理:那些我们失去的人不能复生
And the holes their absence leaves inside us
他们的离开在我们心里留下的空缺
are not meant to be filled by someone or something else.
不是要让其他人或事来填补
Instead, there are intentional, mindful places
而是留给自己一个小心呵护的空间
meant for us to go, to take refuge,
可以去停留 去躲藏
to reconnect and to reunite with our loved ones,
去和爱的人再聚首
to find them there,
你会发现他们仍在那里
still interested, still invested, and somehow,
仍兴趣盎然 仍热情洋溢
still involved in the details of our life.
仍在我们的生活里如影随形
That is where I found my mom.
我就是在那里找到我的妈妈
Now I can’t prove this to you with science. There is no chance.
我不能用科学证明给你们这个方法 这不可能证明的
And spirituality helped me to take the first step.
是灵魂帮助我迈出第一步
But ultimately you just have to go there yourself in your own way.
而最终 你们将以自己的方式亲自到达
And music, the power of music,
并且音乐 音乐的力量
can act for the guide for you on this incredible and important journey.
将指引你们踏上这段神奇又重要的旅程
If you’re willing, I’d like to go there together, right now.
如果你们愿意 我将一同前往
And I want to show this to you, because I want you,
我想给你们展示这段音乐 因为我希望你们
if you need to use this later on,
如果你们有一天需要的话
when you are on your quiet place,
当你们在自己的静寂之地
and you got a song as personal to you,
拥有一首只属于你们的歌
I wanna show you how this can work.
我来展示给你们 它是如何起作用的
I like you to close your eyes, if you would, please.
我希望你们闭上眼睛 你们愿意的话 请闭上吧
Choose a loved one you want to connect with.
心里想一个希望见到的人
It could be someone you’ve already been thinking about as I’d been talking.
可以是某个我一边讲你们就一边想着的人
I want you to picture a favorite place, a relaxing place.
我希望你们想象一个最喜欢的地方 一个令你们放松的地方
It could be a place you both adore together.
可以是你们共同向往的地方
Now picture your loved one sitting or standing across from you.
现在 想象你爱的人在你身旁坐着或站着
Making this detailed as you can is important. What are they wearing?
想象得尽可能详细一些 他们穿着什么呢?
What is their posture? Their expression?
姿势是什么样的?表情呢?
Is it a smile?
他们笑着吗?
Is it a look of concern?
还是一副关切的表情?
Or is hope written in their eyes?
或是眼中充满希望?
I want you to hold this image in your mind.
我希望你们在脑海中保留这个画面
You can do so continually with your eyes close,
你们可以一边想象 眼睛仍然闭着
or you can open them. It’s up to you.
也可以睁开 怎样都可以
But I want you to live in this place while I play for you one more piece of music.
但当我为你们演奏这段音乐时 我希望你们身处这个地方
It’s a piece I’ve never performed in public.
我从没公开演奏过这段音乐
Why? Because I fear that I wouldn’t do it justice.
因为我怕做不到情绪平和
It’s my mom’s favorite.
这是我妈妈最喜欢的曲子
And as I play, I want you to have a conversation
当我演奏时 我希望你们和脑海中美丽的人儿
with this beautiful person across from you.
说说话
I want you to hold their hand, share a long hug,
我希望你们抓着他们的手 久久地拥抱
ask for forgiveness, or finely give it freely if you need to.
请求对方原谅 如果需要的话 畅快地说出来吧
Ask for help with something you’re struggling with.
请求对方帮你分忧
At the very least, express gratitude
至少 表示一下感谢
for how they’ve made you possible and necessary.
感谢他们成就了今天的你们
Express love.
表达爱意
My mother is a soprano,
我的妈妈是一个女高音歌唱家
with the voice of an angel.
她有着天使的歌喉
And that voice for me is still sweet and rings with a resounding relevance.
她的声音如今在我耳中仍然甜美 仍悠扬回荡
And as I play, I hope you can hear the voice of your own angel,
那么在我演奏时 我希望你们也能听到 你们的天使在歌唱
and let music find someone you’ve lost.
让音乐找到那个你失去的人

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

演讲者向我们讲述音乐如何治愈伤痛,引领我们用音乐与失去的爱人对话。

听录译者

YXG-d703b

翻译译者

YXG-d703b

审核员

审核员OYE

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KpRZNOSwBg

相关推荐