未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)

向乔布斯学习如何创办企业

Steve Jobs How to Start a Business


史蒂夫•乔布斯 管理者的愿景
Steven jobs figures heroically
史蒂夫·乔布斯是美国
in the history of American entrepreneurship.
创业史上的一位传奇人物
At the age of 22,
在二十二岁时
he founded a company called apple computer
他创建了苹果电脑公司
and proceeded to grow it into a two billion dollar business.
紧接着将其发展成一个价值20亿美元的企业
In the spring of 1985 he lost a power struggle inside Apple
1985年春 他在苹果内部竞争中失去了权利
and left the company he had created.
并离开了他一手创建的公司
he spent the summer considering his next move
他花了一整个夏天思考下一步发展
and resolve to begin again.
并决定东山再起
In September, he started a new computer company
九月 他用自己的资金
with his own money.
创建了一个新的电脑公司
With characteristic flair, he called it NeXT Incorporated.
以独特的眼光 他将新公司命名为NeXT
This morning, at its offices in Silicon Valley California,
这一早上 在加州硅谷的办公室
the company is about to get a first look at its new trademark,
这家公司即将第一次见到它的新商标
the signature it hopes to make familiar around the world.
一个希望让全世界都熟悉的标志
The designer Paul Rand created the logo’s for IBM
设计师保罗·兰德为IBM
Westinghouse, UPS and many others.
西屋电器 美国快递等很多家公司创作了徽标
Rand doesn’t normally work for infant companies even if they could afford him,
兰德一般不为刚起步的公司设计 就算它们能付得起费用
but NeXT isn’t an ordinary start up.
但NeXT不是一家平凡的起步公司
The ideas to…
这个想法…
please don’t open, don’t look at the back,
请不要打开 也不要看背面
first this is the front
首先这才是正面
and don’t get scared,this is not the design.
不要怕 这不是成品
[laughter]
[笑声]
I did this to sort of floor Steve when he saw it.
我这样做是为了当史蒂夫看到时稍微打击下他
You know, think, “Jesus, that’s a hundred thousand bucks down the drain”
你知道的 他会想 “天啊 十万美元打水漂了”
[laughter]
[笑声]
Jobs is had a sneak preview of the logo and loves it.
乔布斯偷偷地看过这个徽标并很喜欢它
as he waits for a verdict from his staff
当他等待员工们的意见时
he can hardly contain his excitement.
他难掩内心的激动
Assertive as he is, he values consensus.
尽管他很坚定自信 他仍看重共识
Most of these young computer and software designers
这个团队大多年轻的计算机和软件设计人员
were on the team that developed the Macintosh.
都参与了麦金托什电脑的发展
They left secure jobs at Apple to follow their boss
他们辞去了苹果公司的稳定工作
in pursuit of his new vision.
跟随老板去追求新愿景
Steve’s goal is to transform the learning process at the college
史蒂夫的目标是用一台功能强大的计算机
and graduate school level with a powerful computer
和一种新的软件去改变大学
and a new kind of software,
和研究生院的学习过程
And we decided we wanted to start a company
我们决定要开一家公司
that had a lot to do with education
一家能为教育做贡献的公司
and in particular higher education colleges and universities,
特别是为高等教育学院和大学做些事
so what our vision is
所以我们的愿景就是
that there’s a revolution in software going on now
在现在大学校园里
on college and university campuses
进行一场软件的革命
and it has to do with providing two types of breakthrough software.
革命将带来两种类型的突破性的软件
One is called simulated learning environments
一种叫做模拟学习环境
it’s where…
它是……
you can’t give a student in physics a linear accelerator,
教物理时 你给不了学生一个直线加速器
you can’t give a student in biology a five million dollar recombinant DNA laboratory,
教生物时 你给不了学生五百万美元的重组DNA实验室
but you can simulate those things,
但你可以模拟这些东西
you can simulate them on a very powerful computer.
你可用强大的计算机模拟它们
And it is it is not possible for students to afford these things.
而且学生们不可能买得起那些东西
It is not possible for most faculty members to afford these things.
大多数教职员都买不起这些
So if we can take what we do best
我们能做的最好的事情是
which is to find really great technology
开发一项伟大的技术
and pull it down to a price point that’s affordable to people.
降低价位 使人们都消费的起
If we can do the same thing for this type of computer
如果我们可以如同我们对电脑所做的那样
which is maybe ten times as powerful as a personal computer
对于这种可能比我们个人电脑的强大
that we did for personal computers.
十倍以上的电脑做到同样的事情
Then I think we can make a real difference
那么我想我们可以对
in the way the learning experience
接下来五年的教学体验
happens in the next five years,
产生真正的影响
and that’s what we’re trying to do.
这也是我们努力想要做到的事情
Company’s common goal at the crest in the way,
公司的共同目标在于走向巅峰
I mean you know IBM had their day way back when
而IBM则在他们到达顶端之后
when they you know they were at the crest.
开始走下坡路
In December 1985,
1985年12月
in business for just 90 days,
公司起步仅三个月
Jobs and his eleven employees hold their first retreat.
乔布斯和他十一位员工举行了第一次度假式开会
Company retreats like this so the continuation of a tradition
公司像这样的度假式开会延续了
Steve established at Apple early on.
史蒂夫在苹果公司建立之初的传统
Watching him in action at these brainstorming sessions
在头脑风暴会议上留意他的行为
is an opportunity to observe him at his lucid best
是观察他作为公司创始人及操盘者
as a company builder and motivator.
在清醒状态下的绝佳机会
Pricing him in the future.
以此定价他的未来
His opening remarks reveal his faith in high technology and his idealism.
他的开幕致辞揭示了他对高科技的信仰和他的理想
An unusual combination that is part of his uniqueness.
这不同寻常的结合是他独特的一部分
In effect, he is planting the seeds have a new corporate culture.
实际上 他是在为企业文化播下种子
More important than building a product.
比构建产品更重要的是
We are in the process of architecting a company
是我们正处于建设一家公司的过程之中
that will hopefully be much much more incredible.
这是更加艰难的一点。。。
The total will be much more incredible than the sum of its part.
整体要比部分之和更强大
and the cumulative effort of approximately
我们在未来两年
you know twenty thousand decisions
将做出大约两万个决定
that we’re all gonna make over the next two years
其所积累的努力
are going to define what our company is.
将会定义我们是一家怎样的公司
And one other things that made Apple great
另外一件铸就苹果非凡成就的原因则是
was that in the early days,
在苹果公司的早期
it was built from the heart,
它就是用心铸造的
not by somebody who came in and said
不是谁进来说
I know how to build a company,
我知道怎么建造一个公司
here’s what you do…
你该做什么
it wasn’t built that way
它不是这样建造起来的
it was built from the heart.
它是用心创造的
Now unfortunately we didn’t always use our heads
不幸的是现在我们常常没有动脑
and we can do better in many respects
在很多方面我们明明可以做得更好
because we are wiser and smarter no more in those kinds of things,
因为在这些事情上没有人比我们更智慧更聪明了
but one of the most important things
但是一件最重要的事
one of my largest wishes is
我最大的一个愿望是
that we build next from the heart.
我们是用心去建立NeXt
And the people it are thinking about coming to work for us
那些想要来为我们工作的人
or buying our products
或者肖想要买我们产品的人
or who want to sell us things feel that
或者想要卖东西给我们的人感受到
that we’re doing this because we have a passion about it.
我们做这件事是因为我们对其怀有激情
We’re doing this because we really care about the higher educational process,
我们做这件事是因为我们真的关心高等教育进程
not because we want to make a buck,
而不是因为我们想要去赚钱
not because you know we just want to do it to do it.
不是仅因为我们想去做它而做它
Jobs can be overbearing and impatient
或许乔布斯可以傲慢焦躁
but this team knows what to expect and is not easily intimidated.
但是这个团队知道该怎么做 而且不会轻易被威胁到
They are smart and they’re focused
他们聪明且专注
and their preferred language is computer is.
而他们感兴趣的语言则是计算机本身
They actually provided and harness to rehearsal world
当你在短时间里点击的同时
when you drop in a small time
实际上它们提供了个虚拟世界给你演练
towards providing you a way to drop actually into the seashell
同时提供你进入海贝的一种方法
and program the actions that happen when you double-click on an icon
当你双击一个图标或者将某物放在一个图标上时
or when you drop something on an icon.
就会产生程序运作
we have to create a product that’s an order of magnitude,
我们必须创造出一个重量级的
more powerful than the current generation of PCs.
比现代个人电脑更强大的新一代产品
For two solid days, the group listens to
在这两天里 这两个小组
the progress reports from each department.
要听取彼此的进度报告
The goal is to arrive at design decisions
目标是在截止日期前
production deadlines
完成设计决定的同时
and a marketing strategy aimed at selling on college campuses
通过一个针对大学生进行销售的市场战略
is define the problem.
来发现问题
The point is that June, July and August are time taxed people do work
问题是学期结束后6-8月份
when they went when the school’s out
是人们重点用于工作的时间
and where the people researchers and the staff that
但那里的研究人员
deal with making computing happened for September
处理并制作计算机的时间
that’s when they do work.
是从九月份才开始
That is…that is like a bomb run ,
那就像处于一条轰炸航路当中
you don’t change your target when you’re in the bomb run.
但你没有调整你要轰炸的目标
From the sidelines, Jobs probes and challenges.
从局外人看来乔布斯是勇于探索并接受挑战的
He has a remarkable ability to identify the conclusions
他拥有辨别他人话语之中
implicit in what the others have to say.
所隐含意义的惊人能力
So really the next 90 days are important.
因此接下来的90天真的非常重要
We’re gonna make it or break it
我们将根据我们是否
based on whether we can provide product
能为高等教育提供产品和服务
to higher education and services and relationships the higher education that no one else provides .
以及其他人没能提供的高等教育服务和关系来决定它的成败
And I think we ought to spend a hundred percent of our time
而且我想我们应该花我们百分之百的时间
thinking about that
去思考
and if we can’t do that then we ought to go broke.
如果我们做不到 我们也应该去突破它
There needs to be someone who
因此需要有一个人
is sort of the…umm
可以说是一种
keeper and reiterator of the vision.
管理者和远见重申者
Because there’s a ton of work to do
这里有大量的工作需要完成
and a lot of times you know you have to walk a thousand mile,
而且大多数时间你知道你还有一千英里的路要走
and you take the first step,
但你还是迈出了第一步
it looks like a long ways
这看起来是一条很长的路
and it really helps
但真正能有帮助的
if there’s someone there’re saying well we’re one step closer
如果有一个人一个声音告诉我们离目标又近了一步
you know that the goal definitely exists
你就能知道目标是真实存在的
it’s not just a mirage out there.
而非海市蜃楼
So in 2001, little and sometimes larger ways,
因此在2001年时 需要用看起来很小
the vision needs to be reiterated.
但实际能起到很大作用的方法重申我们的远景
I do that a lot.
我经常做这件事
There was the price one,
有一个是管价格的人
the schedule one, and technology.Yeah.
一个管日程表的人还有一个搞技术的人
Jobs continually interrupts to focus the lens of his vision and priorities.
乔布斯一直中断 使大家专注在他的愿景和优先项上
By the end of the first day,
在第一天即将结束之时
the team has established the critical importance of
团队确立了
keeping the price of the computer
把计算机的价格保持在学生和校长
within the reach of students and professors.
能承受的范围内的关键重要性
and bring the product to market by spring 1987.
以及让产品在1987年春天之前上市
A survey of college campuses has indicated
一项大学校园调查表明
that the new computer should sell for no more than three thousand dollars
新电脑的售价应该不超过3000美元
to be considered affordable.
这是为了让教授和学生们能负担得起
Since college buying takes place in the summer,
夏天校园购买时期开始后
Jobs is concerned that a failure
乔布斯考虑到
to have their product ready by spring 1987
他们的产品在1987年春天上市如果失败
will delay the company an entire year.
将会将公司的进度拖后一整年
for those by spring 87, we’re out of this,
因为87年春天的那些事 我们从这里离开
so my first priority is to make sure this is everything is a damn.
所以我得确定这是最会被谴责的事情
I think spring can basically push out the summer,
我认为产品基本上可以从春季推到夏季再上市
but I also hear that that is number one.
但是我也听说那是最重要的
Right.
是的
I guess i disagree with price being the second thing,
我不会同意把定价放在第二位
because unless we had unless we have this technology that allows people,
因为除非我们有这个人们认可的技术
we’re not going to have a firm foundation that people are gonna buy from.
否则我们将不会有一个人们稳定购买的平台
I think people are going to be a lot more flexible thank
我想人们将再三感谢上帝
for Jesus this runs three times fast or seven times faster than
这个运行的速度将是其他的三倍或七倍 甚至更多
you know…
你们知道的
What is the highest we can go here?
我们能去到多高的高度?
Oh Brewster using technology drops his …
哦 布鲁斯特用他的技术搞丢了他的
Well we couldn’t make this 5,000
我们不能把它定价5000
I think…they didn’t say it if you made it go.
如果你们这么做的话 我想他们不会谈起它
Three times faster we’d pay four thousand, they didn’t say that.
他们不会说为了三倍快的速度我们付了4000
That’s right, we.. thousand dollars since it’s a hot rod.
是的 我们付了几千元因为它确实炙手可热
They were…
他们是说
They said you’re 3,000, forget it.
他们是说你3000块 算了吧
That that’s the magic number
那是一个有魔力的数字
they’ve also told us that nobody else says they can do that.
他们还告诉我们 没有人说他们能做到那么快
And they think that’s a really big number now
并且现在他们已经认为那真是个很快的速度了
whether it is or not, in reality
事实上 无论它是否是真的
who knows, whether it is or not in terms of their commitment
谁知道呢 是不是真的去保证
to push us, we’ve established that. –That’s right.
为了承诺来说服我们 对的 是我们建立了它
If we really do believe that we have to ship this by summer of 87
如果我们真的认为需要在87年夏天之前输送出去
then how are you going to move that up?
那么你们打算怎么推动?
I don’t think prices going to change the schedule that much.
我不认为价格将会对日程产生很多影响
I think the real risk is in the technology, is not in the cost.
真正的风险在于技术方面 而非成本
There’s another option you go to the spring of 88.
在88年春天来到之前 你们还有另一个选择
Yeah we could, but the problem is if we do that.
我们当然可以做到 但问题是如果我们做的话
then it’s
要知道
No, that’s not the worst thing,
那并不是最糟糕的事情
the worst thing is ever the world isn’t standing still,
最糟糕的是世界和之前不一样了
so by the spring in 88 where we want caller
因此到88年春天 我们想要一个人
the technology windows sort of passes us by
了解技术窗口的人经过我们身边
and all the work we’ve done
把所有我们做出的东西
throw it on the toilet
扔进厕所里
we start over
我们从头开始
and you know since we prove we can’t do something great in 18 months
既然我们不能证明我们在18个月可以做出什么伟大的事情
why should we believe we can do it,
那为什么我们要相信我们能做到
you know you are later.
你要知道你是后来者
I don’t care what you say reality does distortion
我不在意你说的话是否扭曲现实
is reality distortion and it have motivational value
扭曲现实如果能起到激励的作用
and that’s fine.
那就没问题
And I think it has a very strong point and a very important value.
我也认为这有很强的指向和很重要的价值
However when it comes to the…
然而当这到来时
when it comes to that date affecting the design of the product,
当到那一天他影响到产品的设计时
that’s when we get into a rod.
就是我们进入正轨的时候
a real…a deep shit.
他真的很不切实际
Because if we are unrealistic about this day,
因为如果我们用不切实际的态度对待这一天
we make design decisions that we then have to go over reiterate
我们做设计决定 但我们不得不一直重复
throw out start all over again.
扔掉前面的决定又重新开始
And you told us yesterday we have a past
你说我们曾有一段过去
unfortunately some of us can’t get rid of that past.
不幸的是 我们有些人不能摆脱过去
And I remember a past
我记得的过去
where we put out a list this long
我们打出那么长的 将和产品一起输送出去的
about the software that was going to ship with our product.
软件的单子
As you recall,
当你回忆时
the list was formidable
会发现那个单子其实是很艰难的
and we all thought we could do it in 12 month 15 packages.
并且我们都认为能在12 个月之内用15个包装做完它
so maybe we ought to do though is say
所以也许我们应该去做 虽然说
see I think we have to drive a stake in the ground somewhere.
我认为我们必须把赌注放到某个地方去
And I think if we miss this window,
如果我们错过了这个窗口
then a whole series of events come into play
然后一系列严重的事件将会上演
we can’t sell enough units in 87
在87年我们将因为不能卖出足够多的产品
to pay for operating costs.
而无法支付运营费用
Ok you know word gets out that when we’re not doing that well.
好吧 你们知道说白了就是如果我们做的并没有那么好
A lot of the credibility starts to erode.
我们将会逐渐失去信誉
I don’t know you know you can make up all these fantasies.
我不知道 你知道你们可以做出这些猜想
We’ve got to have a stake in the ground.
我们必须把这件事定下来
Problem I’ve got those one will everybody believe
问题是我做到了这些是不是所有人就会相信
that the stake is in fact in the ground.
事实上事情已经敲定了
And secondly when software comes back
其次 当软件回归后
and says what can do by summer spring of 87.
87年的春夏我们能做什么
Will they be telling us the truth?
他们会告诉我们真相吗?
That’s what I’m worried about.
那是我所担心的
but that’s exactly my point we’ve got a person here that said he can do
但是那就是我的想法 我们曾经有一个人在这里
word processor in six months.
说他能在六个月内做出文字处理器
It’s taking three years.
实际上花了三年
Well George I can’t change world you know
好吧乔治你知道我不能改变世界
what do you want me to do, what’s the solution?
你想要我怎么做 方案是什么?
Yeah I mean I don’t want to hear
我的意思是我不想听到
just cause we blew last time
只是因为我们上次搞砸了
we’re gonna blow this time.
我们这次也会搞砸
Just see what we can learn is…
看看我们所能学到的是什么
What I want is probably irrelevant.
我想要的可能与之无关
I mean there are certain realities here,
我的意思是确实存在这样的现实
both psychological and and market.
不论是心理上的还是市场上的
That are gonna come into play in my own personal judgment.
以我个人的判断都是要起作用的
And I think this is a window that we’ve got,
我认为这是一个我们得到的窗口
we’ve been given it, thank god we’ve been given it.
我们得到了它 感谢上帝将它赠予我们
Nobody else’s is done this.
这还没有人曾做到过
It’s a wonderful window, we have 18 months.
一个精彩的窗口 我们有18个月的时间
So I don’t think we have a company
所以 如果我们不去做这件事情
if we don’t do this.
我就不会认为我们真的拥有一家公司
No matter what I say or anybody else says.
不论我或者是其他人说什么
That is my deepest belief.
这是我深沉的信念
If we don’t do this,
如果我们不做这件事
we will not be able to attract great people,
我们就无法吸引优秀的人
we will not be able to retain the ones,
我们也没有能力把他们留下来
some of the ones we have
我们现在所拥有的人才们
and you know it just won’t be us.
他们不会是我们
And I find myself making list of things we don’t know.
我发现自己做了很多我们不知道的东西
Then I remember that our companies ninety days old.
然后我想起来我们公司已经成立九十天 了
(laughter)
(笑声)
And I looked back to all the things we do know.
当我回过头来看所有我们知道的这些事
And it’s really phenomenal how far we’ve come in 90 days.
发现我们这九十天里所完成的事非常惊人
Well I’ve forgotten how much work it actually is to start a company,
我忘了成立一个公司实际上要做多少工作
yes, a lot of work.
是的 大量的工作
and you gott to do everything,
而且你得做所有的事
you gotta come up with a name, you gotta come up with a logo.
你要起一个名字 你要想一个商标
You I mean in addition to designing the product,
你还要设计产品
you gotta figure out what to design,
知道要设计什么
you’ve got to figure out how you gonna get to the marketplace,
你要思考怎样做市场定位
you’ve got to do a part number system,
你要建立一个数字系统
you’ve got to get a good bank account,
你要申请一个好的银行账号
you’ve got to set up charts general ledgers,
你要建立一个图表总账
get a management information system,
建立一个信息管理系统
get a little kitchen setup, get a coffee maker,
准备一间厨房 买个咖啡机
all the stuff.
所有的这些
Where are we going to?
我们要去哪里?
Three months later, the company returns to Pebble Beach
三个月后 公司回到了卵石海滩
to hold its second retreat.
进行第二次度假式会议
Progress has been made.
现在的进展是
The first mock-up of the new computer is in the trunk Steve is carrying.
史蒂夫已在卡车里拿到了第一台电脑模型
But the flush of excitement that animated the first days of start-up
但是成功开始第一天的激动一闪而过
has given way to the pressure of solving actual problems in time
很快就被每天都要赶在期限前
to meet critical deadlines.
解决实际问题的压力消耗殆尽
The minute Steve begins to deliver his traditional sayings of chairman Jobs.
史蒂夫准备开始发表他主席工作惯例演说的前一分钟
It becomes clear that the mood at this retreat will be different from the first.
他越来越清楚地感觉这次度假式会议的心境是不同于第一次的
For my first saying that the honeymoon is over.
蜜月期结束
All those wonderful things
所有这些美妙的事情
that we got for just being
我们刚刚得到的
are now sort of just old news.
现在已成了旧闻了
We are like every other startup.
我们和其他的刚起步的人一样
We’ve been a company now for six months
现在我们成立公司已经有六个月的时间
and yes you could say that well we had a
你可以说这些个月我们经历过
you know lawsuit for four those months and we had this and that.
这样和那样的诉讼
But the bottom line is the world doesn’t really care.
但这个世界真正在乎的并不是结果
What the world cares about is what we produce.
而是我们生产出了什么
We’ve been a starter for six months,
我们已经开始六个月了
we’ve been spending money like we’ve been start up for six months.
我们花钱如流水就像刚开始创业一样也已经六个月了
And in some areas,
在一些领域
we’ve really produced the lot,
我们的确已经有很多产出
we’ve got a lot to show for six months in some areas.
六个月时间里 在某些领域我们可以展示很多东西
Other areas we don’t have a lot to show for six months.
但同样时间 在其他领域我们没有这么多的东西可展示
So I hope that throughout this retreat,
所以我倾向于通过这次度假会议
we tend to make sure that our feat are on the ground
确保我们我们的付出能有收获
and we realized that we’re going to be judged
我们也意识到我们将会和其他每一个在这里
like every other startup from here on out
创业的企业一样接受评判
and that is by what our product is
但是我们的产品是什么
and how timely we bring it to market
我们如何及时将其投放到市场
not on the fact that we’re next,
不是接下来我们需要面对的
not on the fact that we were soon
我们也不会很快就需要面对这个问题
not in the fact that we’re really good people,
也不在于我们有大量
who had a lot to do with Macintosh.
能够处理Macintosh的优秀人才
That stuff’s irrelevant at this point.
这些因素在此时此刻都是无关的
What we would like to do is step back a minute
我们想做的是
from the point of view what’s feasible.
与这个有关可行性的观点拉开距离一分钟
In December, the group concluded they must ship product in eighteen months
12月 这个团队推断出他们必须在18个月内把产品输送出去
and agreed they could be ready.
而且认为他们可以准备好
Three months down the line, this seems questionable.
在线下的三个月 这看起来有些问题
And there is frustration in the room.
而且在那个空间里也存在挫折
It’s totally useless as far as I can see
只要我能看见有关你们将如何实行某些事情的讨论
to talk about how you’re going to implement something
那么这就是完全无用的
unless you know what it is you want to implement.
除非你知道什么才是你想要执行的
So that’s why I’m not getting,
所以这是为什么
I’m not getting it from marketing,
我不通过市场得到它的原因
I’m not getting you know a clear idea from from anybody
我不打算让你从其他人身上得到任何清晰的想法
they really…what the features are
他们实在… 产品真正的特点是什么
and what is this thing that we’re talking about doing.
以及我们现在正在讨论的要去做的是什么
It ain’t my job.
这不是我的工作 我也不…
And I don’t… I was him, it wouldn’t be my job but be your job.
我是他 那么这就不是我的工作而是你的
you know it isn’t like this should be something new.
你知道 这和它应该是个新事物不一样
That’ what…
那是
But I mean I agreed.
但我的意思是我同意这样的观点
let me back up it…
让我们支持他
So somebody’s got to say
然后某些人会说
here’s what we can do and we can make it happen
这就是我们能做到且可以让它发生的
and here’s the level of thing we can ship in 16 months.
这就是我们能够在16个月内输出的水平
I am here sit, hear him saying is
我坐在这里 听他说
well anything more than a quarter back of forget it.
任何这次撤退四分之一以外的东西都忘了它
And what that just makes me smoke
而那是什么只让我觉得想抽烟
it just seems like we’re were in this really
这看起来我们正处于
difficult time well,
真正困难的时候
I don’t know, you know I mean a sort of thing another months gonna go by
我不知道 你懂得我是指某种东西 而一个月又过去了
there’s still like gonna be anything running on the Sun.
而那看起来像是还将在太阳下奔跑
It’s very interesting.
这是非常有趣的
In another month go by,
又一个月流逝
there’s still be anything running.
仍然有某些事情在运行
It just seems like…
这看起来就像是
just and I guess maybe that’s the way it has to be
我猜测那就是它必须这样的方式
so I forget about sleeping at times
因此我忘记睡觉几次
fuck everything after shipment just look the ship,
只看这次输送就好了 输送过后的任何事我可去他的
you know marketing is out of line,
你知道市场推广目前和输送的步调并不一致
there’s too many people in marketing.
太多人在行销板块了
I’d figure about 250 dollars a month helping for life
我计算出我们每月有250美元帮助生活
before we cut the facilities budget–it’s a thousand dollars.
在我们缩减设备预算之前是1000美元
Money is also emerging as a problem.
金钱也开始作为一个问题浮现出来
In return for seventy percent of the stock,
作为70%股份的回报
Jobs is committed seven million dollars of his own money
乔布斯承诺拿出自己的700万美元
to carry the company to product launch.
去带动公司进行生产投放
But at the present burn rate,
但是现阶段资金消耗的速度
it appears that that amount will be insufficient.
显得资金是不足的
The unpleasant task of cutting expenses must be faced.
让人必须面对不愉快的支出削减
All the other stuff that we went to in the final analysis,
我们实际上并不太关心
we really don’t care about that much,
所有被我们放到财务分析里的因素
is what’s costing us the money.
这是我们的成本
They’re not million dollar buckets out there to identify that
他们没有百万美元计的存储器
that we need spending cuts
来辨别我们需削减的花销
there’s lots and lots of a hundred thousand dollar buckets
有太多太多成百上千万美元的储存器了
and it’s good to take everybody in this room doing a mindset change.
这对于让每一个在这个房间里的人做出心态改变是有好处的
We just go out and we buy brand new Macintosh’s
我们只是出去然后购买我全新的麦金托什电脑
and brandnew hard disks for everybody.
和全新的给每个人的坚固磁盘
It’s not at all..I don’t think we’re getting great deals on that stuff.
它完全不是…我不认为我们是在那件事上做大交易
We’re not scrounging.
我们不是在索要资源
Why don’t the Mac owners bring their Mac from home?
为什么Mac的拥有者们不把他们的Mac从家里带出来?
We’re not…we’re not…I mean
我们不是… 我们不是…我的意思是
we used to be…we used to find people to get
我们曾经发现人们
as really good employee discount something
寻找我们停止拆毁的
and everything else that we stopped scrap.
一些或其他员工折扣
And we stop nickel and diming for that stuff
然后我们让尼克尔和戴民停止为其工作
and it all adds up.
并且用这些全部加起来
And I think the other thing is we signal deep pockets out there.
我考虑的另一件事是我们要发现财富
Every vendor that comes to us, every person that comes to us for recruiting everything,
每个来我们这里的供应商和人都是为了募集一切
they expect these twenty thirty million dollars behind us.
他们期望这些二三百万美元跟在我们身后
And it isn’t there and it’s not gonna be there.
而不是在这里或那里的其他地方
So you keep yourself in the butt
所以你让自己落后了
but now it’s the time to change.
但现在正是改变的时机
One of the things I don’t see is…
我无法自己弄明白其中一件事情
I don’t see it myself, I don’t see it in enough of the rest of us is
也无法从我们剩余的足够的人弄明白
I don’t see that that startup hustle.
我不明白为何那样开始硬挤过去
In other words, if we zoom out at the big picture,
换句话说如果我们在这个大版图上缩小了
it would be a shame to have lost the war because we won a few battles.
这会是一个输掉战争的耻辱 因为我们已经赢得了几场战役
I sort of feel like I and some of the rest of us
我有点觉得 我以及部分剩下的我们
are concentrating too much on the smaller battles.
有点在小战役上投放过多关注了
We’re not keeping the war in perspective in the
我们没有让战争保持在正确的状态上
the war is called survival the war is called not ran out of money
这场战争会有幸存者 不会将钱用尽
until we get our product on the market.
直到我们将产品上市
Steve Jobs had built a major company by the time he was 28.
史蒂夫乔布斯在他28岁的时候已经建立了主要的公司
According to some here even created the personal computer industry.
根据那里的一些实际情况创建了个人电脑行业
In any event he was a wealthy man
在任何事件上 他都是一个富有的人
and was acknowledged as a master entrepreneur.
和公认的伟大企业家
What is it the drive him at age 31 to begin all over again?
是什么驱动他在31岁的时候将这一切全部重新开始?
Part of the answer seems to be his need
部分答案似乎是
to feel that he is contributing to history.
他需要感受到自己在为历史做贡献
I felt the first time
当我参观一个学校时
when I visited a school,
我第一次有此感受
it was like had the third and fourth graders classroom one time.
三四年级的学生
And they had a whole classroom for Apple lls.
整个课室都用苹果二代
and I spent a few hours there
我在那里度过了好几个小时
and I saw these third and fourth graders
看见那些三四年级的学生
growing up completely different than I grew up.
成长的方式与我那时完全不同
Because of this machine.
就因为这个机器
And what hit me about it was
然后有什么击中了我
that here was this machine that a very few people designed
这个机器是极少几个人
about four in the case of the Apple 2.
大约4个 在苹果二代的项目中设计的
And then they gave it to some people that didn’t know how to design it,
然后他们把它给了不知道如何去设计
but they knew how to make it to manufacture.
却知道如何去让它大量生产的人
They can make a whole bunch of them.
他们可以使其批量生产
They give it some people that didn’t know how to design it
他们把它给了不知道如何设计或如何大量生产的人
or manufacturer, but they knew how to distribute it.
但他们知道要怎么去建设(这个品牌)
They gave it to some people that didn’t know how to design or manufacture
他们把它给了不知如何设计 批量生产 建设它
to distribute it, but they may write software for it
但却能够为它编写软件的人
and gradually this sort of inverse pyramid grew.
最终这个倒立的金字塔逐渐形成了
And when it finally got into the hands of a lot of people,
当它最后到了许多人的手中
It blossomed out of these tiny little sead.
这些微小的种子开出花来
And it seems like an incredible amount of leverage.
而这个数量的影响力看起来是不可思议的
And it all started with just an idea.
而这一切都只是源于一个想法
And here was this idea taken through all these stages,
然后这个想法通过了所有的阶段
resulting in a class full of kids growing up
通过洞察力以及不一样的原理经验
with some insights and some fundamentally different experiences
影响一个班级里所有孩子的成长
which I thought might be very beneficial to their lives.
我想很可能有益于他们的生活
Because of this germ of an idea a few years ago.
这一切都是因为好几年前一个想法的萌芽
And that’s an incredible feeling
当你知道可以为此做些什么
to know that you had something to do with it
并且这是可以被做成的
a and b to know it can be done,
会带来一种非常难以置信的感觉
to know that you can plant something in the world and it’ll grow,
你知道你会在世界上某个地方播下种子 它会成长
and change the world ever so slightly.
然后如此轻易地改变了这个世界
Whether the NeXT can be a viable business
NeXT最终能不能成为可以存活下去的企业
is something only time will tell.
时间一定会给出答案
But Steve Jobs passionate commitment to his vision is clear.
但是史蒂夫·乔布斯热情献身到他的愿景之中是大家都看得见的
And his certainty that it can be achieved and is worth achieving
而这必然也是会实现和值得去实现的
is a conviction to be observed in all successful entrepreneurs.
这是一个在所有成功企业家身上都能找到的信念

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

详细讲述了史蒂夫·乔布斯的创业精神及其创业过程

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

hilme

审核员

审核员 EM

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toVTP-vcsk8

相关推荐