未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

SpaceX打算30分钟让你环游地球一圈

SpaceX's plan to fly you across the globe in 30 minutes | Gwynne Shotwell

克里斯·安德森:两个月前 发生了一件很疯狂的事
Chris Anderson: So two months ago,something crazy happened.
你能在这里跟我们讲一讲吗
Can you talk us through this,
因为它引起了很多人的注意?
because this caught so many people’s attention?
格温·肖特维尔:我先不说话
Gwynne Shotwell: I’ll stay quietfor the beginning,
看完视频我再讲
and then I’ll start talking.
(视频)声音:5、4、3、2、1
(Video) Voices: Five, four,three, two, one.
(欢呼)
(Cheering) Woman:
女声:发射 去吧 猎鹰重型运载火箭格:
Liftoff. Go Falcon Heavy. GS:
对于 SpaceX 来说这是一个非常重要的时刻
So this was suchan important moment for SpaceX.
有了猎鹰9号和现在的重型猎鹰
With the Falcon 9and now the Falcon Heavy,
我们可以将之前设想过
we can launch into orbit
或者目前正在设想中的载荷 发射到轨道中去
any payload that has previously been conceived or is conceived right now.
我们已经给重型猎鹰在今年晚些时候
We’ve got a couple of launches
安排了好几次发射任务
of Falcon Heavy later this year,
所以这一次必须得成功
so this had to go right.
这是我们第一次发射它
It was the first time we flew it,
当然 这当中最耀眼的明星
and the star of the show, of course,
便是侧推进器着陆
brother and sister side boosters landing.
我很激动
I was excited.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
感谢我的团队
Thanking my team.
顺便提一下 可能有上千人
By the way, there’s maybea thousand people
在那里站在我的周围
standing around me right there.
以及星侠不过
And Starman.
星侠并不是演出的主角—— 推进器才是
Starman did not steal the show, though — the boosters did. CA:
克:(笑声)
(Laughter) CA:
克:我想应该还有一些载荷——
There had to be some payload —
那么为什么不送一辆特斯拉上天呢?
why not put a Tesla into space? GS:
格:是啊 完美
Exactly. It was perfect. CA:
克:格温 让我们把时间往回倒转一下
Gwynne, let’s wind the clock back.
我的意思是 你是如何成为一名工程师 以及 SpaceX 的总裁的?
I mean, how did you end up an engineer and President of SpaceX?
在你还是小女孩的时候 是不是非常的书呆子气?
Were you supernerdy as a girl? GS:
格:我不觉得那时候我是书呆子
I don’t think I was nerdy,
但是我确实会做一些其他女孩不会去做的事
but I was definitely doing the things that the girls weren’t doing.
我妈妈是个艺术家
I asked my mom, who was an artist,
在三年级的时候我问她
when I was in third grade,
汽车是如何工作的
how a car worked,
她回答不了这些问题 所以她给了我一本书
so she had no idea so she gave me a book,
我读了这本书
and I read it,
果然
and sure enough,
我拿到机械工程学位后的
my first job out of my mechanical engineering degree
第一份工作是在汽车行业的克莱斯勒汽车公司
was with Chrysler Motorsin the automotive industry.
但使我进入工程领域的实际原因并不是因为那本书
But I actually got into engineeringnot because of that book
而是因为我妈妈带我参加了
but because my mom took me
一个女工程师学会的活动
to a Society of Women Engineers event,
我迷上了那个上台演讲的机械工程师
and I fell in love withthe mechanical engineer that spoke.
她在做着真正重要的工作 并且我很喜欢她穿的衣服
She was doing really critical work, and I loved her suit.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
这就是一个15岁的女孩如何跟机械工程扯上关系的
And that’s what a 15-year-oldgirl connects with.
而我曾经总是避免去说起这段故事
And I used to shy awayfrom telling that story,
但是如果要说我为什么会成为一名工程师–
but if that’s what caused meto be an engineer — hey,
嘿 我想我们应该讲讲这个故事
I think we should talk about that. CA:
克:16年前 你成为了SpaceX公司的第七位员工
Sixteen years ago, you becameemployee number seven at SpaceX,
然后过了几年
and then over the next years,
你不知怎的 就跟美国航空航天局建立了涉及几十亿美元的合作关系
you somehow built a multi-billion-dollar relationship with NASA,
即使SpaceX的前三次发射都发生了爆炸
despite the fact that SpaceX’sfirst three launches blew up.
我想说的是 你是如何做到的?
I mean, how on earth did you do that? GS:
格:事实上 销售火箭就是关于与这些客户
So actually, selling rocketsis all about relationships
保持良好的关系 并与他们沟通交流
and making a connectionwith these customers.
当你没有火箭可卖的时候
When you don’t have a rocket to sell,
很重要的事情就是推销你的团队
what’s really important is selling your team,
推销你的CEO的商业智慧——
selling the business savvy of your CEO —
现在这些都不难推销——
that’s not really hardto sell these days —
并且大体上 要确保你能够快速地处理好他们拥有的
and basically, making surethat any technical issue that they have
任何技术上的问题或者担忧
or any concern,you can address right away.
所以我想我的工程师身份对此是有帮助的
So I think it was helpful for me to be an engineer.
这对我能胜任为埃隆做销售这个角色
I think it was helpful to my role of running sales for Elon. CA:
是有帮助的 克:目前 公司的一个重点
And currently,a big focus of the company is,
我想 是与波音公司的竞赛
I guess, kind of a race with Boeing
看谁能首先为美国航空航天局提供
to be the first to providethe service to NASA
送人进入太空轨道的服务对此
of actually putting humans into orbit.
安全显然是最重要的考量
Safety considerations obviouslycome to the fore, here.
你的睡眠怎么样?
How are you sleeping? GS:
格:我实际上睡得很香
I actually sleep really well.
我总是睡得很好 这是我最棒的一点
I’m a good sleeper, that’s my best thing.
但是我想 在载人上天之前的那些日子里
But I think the days leading upto our flying crew
可能会有一点小小的失眠
will probably be a little sleepless.
不过基本上 安全来自那个
But really, fundamentally,safety comes in the design
你即将用来载人上天的系统的设计
of the system that you’re goingto fly people on,
而我们已在这项技术上工作了数年事实上
and so we’ve been working for years, actually,
接近十年了
almost a decade, on this technology.
我们在发射天龙号货运飞船
We’re taking the Dragon cargo spaceship
并且在升级它 以便能够载人
and we’re upgrading itto be able to carry crew.
正如我所说 我们在这些安全系统上的设计
And as I said, we’ve beenengineering in these safety systems
已经进行了相当长的时间了
for quite some time. CA:
克:
So isn’t it
是不是有一个系统会在飞船发生问题的时候
that there’s one system that actually allows instant escape
允许航天员即时逃脱?
if there’s a problem. GS:
格:对的 它被称作发射和逃逸系统
That’s right. It’s calledthe launch escape system. CA:
克:我想我们有这个视频 我们来看一看
I think we have that. Let’s show that. GS:
格:我们有一个2015年
We’ve got a video of a test
测试时的视频
that we ran in 2015.
那次模拟的是在发射台上发生了严重的问题基本上
So this simulated havinga really bad day on the pad. Basically,
你想要太空舱尽快逃离这里
you want the capsuleto get out of Dodge.
你想要它远离下方发生问题的
You want it to get away from the rocket
火箭
that had a bad day right below it.
这是假设发射台上出了问题
This is if there was an issue on the pad.
今年晚些时候我们还会做另外一个试验
We also will be doinganother demonstration later this year
模拟如果在飞行期间火箭出现问题
on if we have an issuewith the rocket during flight. CA:
会发生什么克:事实上 这些火箭还有另外的潜在功能
And those rockets have anotherpotential function as well, eventually. GS:
格:是的 天龙号上的发射逃逸系统是非常独特的
Yeah, so the launch escape system for Dragon is pretty unique.
它是一个集成的发射逃逸系统
It’s an integrated launch escape system.
它主要是一个推进器
It’s basically a pusher,
助力系统和推进器
so the propellant system and the
被集成到了太空舱
thrusters are integrated into the capsule,
而如果它检测到火箭故障就会把太空舱推开
and so if it detects a rocket problem, it pushes the capsule away.
过去的太空舱安全系统一直是类似于牵引器的设施
Capsule safety systems in the pasthave been like tractor pullers,
而我们之所以不想继续沿用这种系统
and the reason we didn’t want to do that
是因为 在你安全的重返太空舱之前
is that puller needs to come off
需要先将那些牵引器剥离
before you can safely reenter that capsule,
所以 我们想在设计上就将那种可能的失败消除掉克:
so we wanted to eliminate, in design,that possibility of failure. CA:
我是说 SpaceX已经使火箭的常规回收
I mean, SpaceX has madethe regular reusability of rockets
看起来成为了日常
seem almost routine,
而这意味着 你做了一些
which means you’ve done something
此前的任何太空计划
that no national space program, for example,
都没能达到的事情
has been able to achieve.
这是怎么做到的呢?
How was that possible? GS:
格:我想有一些事情——
I think there’s a couple of things —
事实上 成千上万的东西——
there’s a million things, actually —
使SpaceX能够取得成功
that have allowed SpaceX to be successful.
首先 我们很大程度上是站在巨人的肩膀上
The first is that we’re kind of standing on the shoulders of giants.
对吗?
Right?
我们能够看到
We got to look
目前为止在火箭领域的发展
at the rocket industry and the developments to date,
而我们能够挑选其中最好的想法
and we got to pick the best ideas,
并且利用他们
leverage them.
同时 我们也不需要考虑
We also didn’t have technologythat we had to include
必须包含在我们车辆系统中的技术
in our vehicle systems.
所以 我们不必设计那些
So we didn’t have to designaround legacy components
不可靠或特别昂贵的遗留组件
that maybe weren’t the most reliableor were particularly expensive,
我们能够真正的让物理学驱动这些系统的设计
so we really were able to let physics drive the design of these systems. CA:
克:我想说 还有些其他的项目是从零开始的
I mean, there are other programsstarted from scratch.
你刚才说的最后一句话
That last phrase you said there,
你让物理驱动设计
you let physics drive the design,
有什么例子吗?
what’s an example of that? GS:
格:实际上 有几百个例子
There’s hundreds of examples,actually, of that,
不过基本上 我们要从一张白纸上
but basically, we got to constructthe vehicle design from,
开始构造车辆设计
really, a clean sheet of paper,
而我们要做出我们想做的决定
and we got to make decisionsthat we wanted to make.
罐子的构造——是一个常见的圆顶设计
The tank architecture –it’s a common dome design.
基本上它就像是两个叠起来的啤酒罐
Basically it’s like two beer cansstacked together,
一个装满了液氧 另一个装满了火箭推进剂
one full of liquid oxygen, one full of RP,
而这基本上节省了重量
and that basically saved weight.
它允许了我们在同样的设计中获得更多有效载荷
It allowed us to basically take more payload for the same design.
我们正在试飞的飞行器
One of the other elements of the vehicle
的另一个元素是
that we’re flying right now
我们使用了致密液态氧和致密火箭推进剂
is we do use densifiedliquid oxygen and densified RP,
所以它的温度极低
so it’s ultracold,
并且使你得以将更多的推进剂
and it allows you to pack more propellent into the vehicle.
装进飞船 这是在别的地方完成的
It is done elsewhere,
可能不像我们所做的那样
probably not to the degree that we do it,
但它给了飞行器很多余量
but it adds a lotof margin to the vehicle,
这显然增加了可靠性
which obviously adds reliability. CA:
克:格温 我想 你是在 10 年前成为 SpaceX
Gwynne, you became President of SpaceX 10 years ago,
的总裁的
I think.
和埃隆·马斯克如此紧密合作
What’s it been like to workso closely with Elon Musk? GS:
是什么感觉?我热爱为埃隆工作
So I love working for Elon.
事实上 到今年为止 我已经做了 16 年了
I’ve been doing it for 16 yearsthis year, actually.
我并不认为我会
I don’t think I’m
傻到做一件我不喜欢的事情长达
dumb enough to do something for 16 years
16 年
that I don’t like doing.
他很有趣 而根本上讲 他能够在什么都不说的情况下
He’s funny and fundamentally withouthim saying anything
驱使你把工作做到最好
he drives you to do your best work.
他一个词都不需要说
He doesn’t have to say a word.
你就是想把工作干好克:
You just want to do great work. CA:
你可能是
You might be the
回答这个问题的最佳人选
person best placed to answer this question,
这个问题已经困扰我很久了
which has puzzled me,
你能否阐明一下“埃隆时间”
which is to shed light on this strange unit of time
这一奇怪的时间单位?
called”Elon time.”
比如 去年 你知道的 我问过埃隆
For example, last year,I asked Elon, you know,
特斯拉会在什么时候全自动驾驶穿越美国
when Tesla wouldauto-drive across America,
而他说 在去年12月之前
and he said by last December,
而这绝对是真的 如果你把埃隆时间考虑进去的话
which is definitely true,if you take Elon time into account.
所以 埃隆时间和实际时间的换算比率是多少?
So what’s the conversion ratiobetween Elon time and real time?
(笑声)
(Laughter) GS:
格:你把我放到了一个独特的位置 克里斯
You put mein a unique position, Chris.
谢谢你
Thanks for that.
毫无疑问 埃隆在时间规划上非常激进
There’s no question that Elonis very aggressive on his timelines,
但坦率的说 这驱使着我们做得更快更好
but frankly, that drives usto do things better and faster.
我想世界上所有
I think all the time and
的钱和时间
all the money in the world
都不能产生最好的解决方案
does not yield the best solution,
所以给团队施加压力 让他们快速行动 真的十分重要
and so putting that pressure on the team to move quickly is really important. CA:
克:我感觉你在这里担任着非常重要的中间角色
It feels like you play kind of a key intermediary role here.
我的意思是 他设定了这些疯狂的目标 他们有着自己的影响和用途但
I mean, he sets these crazy goalsthat have their impact, but,
在其他情况下 这可能毁掉一个团队
in other circumstances,might blow up a team
或者设定不可能达到的期望
or set impossible expectations.
看上去你似乎找到了一种对埃隆说“是的 埃隆”
It feels like you’ve found a wayof saying,”Yes, Elon,”
的方法然后让事情变得能够同时被埃隆
and then making it happenin a way that is acceptable
以及你的公司和员工
both to him and to your company,to your employees. GS:
所接受格:有两点非常重要
There is two really importantrealizations for that.
首先 当埃隆说了点什么 你必须停住
First of all, when Elon says something,you have to pause
而不要脱口而出 “那是不可能的 ”
and not immediately blurt out,”Well, that’s impossible,”
或是说 “我们不可能做到 我不知道怎么做 ”
or,”There’s no way we’re goingto do that. I don’t know how.”
你把这个想法封住 然后仔细思考这件事
So you zip it, and you think about it,
然后你便会找到方法来完成它
and you find ways to get that done.
而我意识到的另一件事是
And the other thing I realized,
这让我对工作的满意度大大降低
and it made my job satisfactionsubstantially harder.
我总觉得我的工作是
So I always felt
接受这些想法
like my job was to take these ideas
然后把它们变成公司的目标 让它们成为可能
and kind of turn them into company goals,make them achievable,
然后让公司翻过这个陡峭的斜坡
and kind of roll the company over from this steep slope,
让它感到舒适
get it comfortable.
而我注意到 每次我觉得我们就要到那里时
And I noticed every timeI felt like we were there,
我们即将翻过陡坡 人们变得更自在的时候
we were rolling over,people were getting comfortable,
埃隆便会拿出一些东西
Elon would throw something out there,
然后 忽然之间 我们不再安适
and all of a sudden, we’re not comfortable
而我们需要重新爬那个陡坡
and we’re climbing that steep slope again.
不过后来我意识到这是他的工作
But then once I realizedthat that’s his job,
而我的工作便是让公司尽可能的感到舒适
and my job is to get the companyclose to comfortable
这样埃隆就可以再次推进
so he can push again and
将我们放回陡坡上
put us back on that slope,
这样 我开始更喜欢我的工作了
then I started liking my job a lot more,
而并非总是感到沮丧克:
instead of always being frustrated. CA:
那么 如果我估计从埃隆时间 到你的时间的换算比
So if I estimatedthat the conversation ratio
是大约两倍的话
for Elon time to your time is about 2x,
我差的远吗?
am I a long way out there? GS:
格:那还不算太糟糕 而且这可是你说的 不是我说的
That’s not terrible,and you said it, I didn’t.
(笑声)
(Laughter) CA:
克:你知道的 展望未来
You know, looking ahead,
有一个重大项目 据传
one huge initiative SpaceX is believed to be,
SpaceX
rumored to be working on,
正在研究一个由成千上万颗低地球轨道卫星
is a massive network of literally thousands
组成的庞大网络
of low earth orbit satellites
以此为地球上的每一寸土地
to provide high-bandwidth,low-cost internet connection
提供高带宽、低成本的互联网连接
to every square foot of planet earth.
对此你有什么可以告诉我们的吗?
Is there anythingyou can tell us about this? GS:
格:我们实际上并不怎么谈论这个特别的项目
We actually don’t chat very muchabout this particular project,
并非因为我们在藏着些什么
not because we’re hiding anything,
而是因为这可能是我们所承担过的
but this is probably one of the most challenging
最具挑战性的项目之一
if not the most challengingproject we’ve undertaken.
还没有人能成功地
No one has been successful deploying
部署大范围的互联网宽带
a huge constellation for internet broadband,
或者说卫星网络
or basically for satellite internet,
而我并不认为物理是这里的难题
and I don’t think physicsis the difficulty here.
我想我们可以找出技术上的解决方案
I think we can come upwith the right technology solution,
但我们需要从中获利
but we need to make a business out of it,
部署该系统
and it’ll cost the companyabout 10 billion dollars or more
会让公司付出大约100亿美元或更多的代价
to deploy this system.
所以 我们在稳步前进
And so we’re marching steadily along
但我们肯定还没有宣布胜利
but we’re certainlynot claiming victory yet. CA:
克:我的意思是
I mean, the impact of that, obviously,
显然 如果这发生在世界上
if that happened to the world,
建立无处不在的连接的影响 会很剧烈
of connectivity everywhere,would be pretty radical,
而且或许主要是好的影响——
and perhaps mainly for good —
我是说 如果突然间每个人都可以廉价地互相联系 这会是个很大的变化格:
I mean, it changes a lot if suddenly everyone can connect cheaply. GS:
是的 毫无疑问 它会改变世界
Yeah, there’s no questionit’ll change the world. CA:
克:人们对太空垃圾
How much of a worry is it,
的担忧有多少
and how much of a dragon the planning is it,
对计划的拖累有多大?
are concerns just about space junk?
人们对此很担心
People worry a lot about this.
这会显著增加绕地球的卫星数量
This would a huge increase in the total number of satellites in orbit.
这是一个问题吗?
Is that a concern? GS:
格:那么毫无疑问 太空碎片是个问题——
So space debris is a concern,there’s no question —
并非因为它发生的可能性很大
not because it’s so likely to happen,
而是因为 一旦发生了 后果不堪设想
but the consequences of it happeningare pretty devastating.
基本上 你可以在轨道上喷出一堆粒子
You could basically spewa bunch of particles in orbit
而这会使得轨道在几十年或更长时间里变得无法使用
that could take out that orbit from being useful for decades or longer.
事实上
So as a matter of fact,
在每次任务后
we are required to bring down
我们都被要求取下我们的二级卫星
our second stage after every mission
这样它就不会变成一块绕地球运行的火箭残骸
so it doesn’t end up beinga rocket carcass orbiting earth.
所以你真的需要做一个好的管家克:
So you really need to bea good steward of that. CA:
所以尽管猎鹰重型火箭取得了巨大的成功
So despitethe remarkable success there
你实际上并没有把注意力放在这上面
of that Falcon Heavy rocket,
作为你未来的发展计划
you’re actually not focusing on thatas your future development plan.
你们的注意力集中在另一个大了许多的火箭
You’re doubling downto a much bigger rocket
叫做BFR 它代表着……
called the BFR, which stands for… GS:
格:它是大猎鹰火箭(BFR) 克:大猎鹰火箭 没错
It’s the Big Falcon Rocket.CA: The Big Falcon Rocket, that’s right.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
这么做的商业逻辑是什么
What’s the business logic of doing this
当你在这一不可思议的技术上做了所有那些投资
when you invested all thatin that incredible technology,
而现在你只是要做一个放大版的东西 为什么?
and now you’re just goingto something much bigger. Why? GS:
实际上 我们已经吸取了一些教训
Actually, we’ve learned some lessons
在开发这些发射系统的这段时间里
over the duration where we’vebeen developing these launch systems.
我们想做的并不是在还没来得及
What we want to do is not introduce a new product
推出新产品前
before we’ve been able
就让客户相信这是
to convince the customers
他们应该转移到的产品
that this is the product that they should move to,
所以我们现在正在研究大猎鹰火箭
so we’re working onthe Big Falcon Rocket now,
但我们仍将继续试飞“猎鹰9号”和“猎鹰2号”
but we’re going to continueflying Falcon 9s and Falcon Heavies
直到大猎鹰火箭被广泛接受
until there is absolutewidespread acceptance of BFR.
我们现在正在努力
But we are working on it right now,
我们不会取消猎鹰9号和重型猎鹰号
we’re just not going to cancel Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy
而用大猎鹰火箭取而代之
and just put in place BFR. CA:
克:
The logic is
这里的逻辑是 大猎鹰火箭能够将人类带去火星?
that BFR is what you need to take humanity to Mars? GS:
格:是的
That’s correct. CA:
克:不过 你也发现了一些其他的商业想法
But somehow, you’ve also foundother business ideas for this. GS:
格:
Yes.
是的 大猎鹰火箭能够将我们目前正在发射的卫星
BFR can take the satellitesthat we’re currently taking to orbit
送入轨道
to many orbits.
它甚至允许一种新的卫星被送入轨道
It allows for even a new class of satellites to be delivered to orbit. Basically,
基本上 整流罩的宽度 直径是8米
the width, the diameterof the fairing is eight meters,
所以你可以想想有什么巨大的望远镜
so you can think aboutwhat giant telescopes
你能够安装在整流罩里 在货舱里
you can put in that fairing,in that cargo bay,
然后看到一些惊人的东西
and see really incredible things
在太空中发现不可思议的东西
and discover incredible things in space.
不过在大猎鹰火箭之中
But then there are someresidual capabilities
也有一些剩余的能力
that we have out of BFR as well. CA:
克:剩余能力?格:它是个剩余能力
A residual capability?GS: It’s a residual capability. CA:
克:你们是这么叫它的吗?
Is that what you call this?
讲讲这到底是什么吧
Talk about what the heck this is.
哦等一下——格:
Oh wait a sec — GS:
那是重型猎鹰
That’s Falcon Heavy.
顺便说一下 这值得被指出来
That’s worth pointing out, by the way.
多么美丽的火箭
What a beautiful rocket,
那个飞机库刚好能装下
and that hangar could just fit the Statue
里面的自由女神像
of Liberty in it,
这样你就能大概知道猎鹰重型火箭的尺寸有多大了
so you get a sense of size of that Falcon Heavy Rocket. CA:
克:以及它有 27 个引擎这一事实
And the fact thatthere are 27 engines there.
这是设计原则的一部分 你
That’s part of the design principle that you,
并不是仅仅发明更大的火箭
rather than just inventing ever bigger rockets,
而是把他们组合在一起
you team them up. GS:
格:就是这个剩余能力
It’s exactly this residual capability.
我们为猎鹰1号运载火箭开发了梅林发动机
We developed the Merlin enginefor the Falcon 1 launch vehicle.
我们可以把这个引擎扔了
We could have tossed
然后为猎鹰9号制造一个全新的引擎
that engine and built an entirely new engine for the Falcon 9.
它会有另一个名字
It would have been calledsomething different,
因为因为猎鹰9号是9个梅林引擎
because Falcon 9 is nine Merlin engines,
但我们并没有花 10 亿美元
but instead of spending a billion dollars
来研发一个全新的引擎
on a brand new engine,
而是把它们九个一起放在猎鹰9号的后端
we put nine of them together on the back end of Falcon 9.
剩余能力:将三个猎鹰9号粘在一起
Residual capability:glue three Falcon 9s together
你就能让最大的操作火箭升空
and you have the largestoperational rocket flying.
这样做很昂贵
And so it was expensive to do,
但和从零开始相比 这是条更高效的道路
but it was a much more efficient path than starting from scratch. CA:
克:
And the BFR is the equivalent
而且就其功率而言
of how much bigger than that,
大猎鹰火箭相当于比它大多少?
in terms of its power? GS:
格:大猎鹰火箭大约是我相信
BFR is about, I believe,
它的二点五倍大
two and half times the size of this. CA:
克:对 那么这就允许了你——
Right, and so that allows you —
我的意思是 我仍然不太相信
I mean, I still don’t really believe this video
我们即将播放的这个视频
that we’re about to play here.
这到底是什么?
What on earth is this? GS:
格:它现在是在地球上
So it currently is on earth,
不过这基本上是地球人的太空旅行
but this is basicallyspace travel for earthlings.
我等不及这个剩余能力了
I can’t wait for this residual capability. Basically,
基本上 我们要做的
what we’re going to do
就是像飞机一样飞行大猎鹰火箭
is we’re going to fly BFR like an aircraft
并且在地球上做点对点的旅行
and do point-to-point travel on earth,
你可以从纽约或者温哥华出发
so you can take offfrom New York City or Vancouver
然后绕地球半圈
and fly halfway across the globe.
你会在大猎鹰火箭里待上
You’ll be on the BFR
大约半小时到四十分钟
for roughly half an hour or 40 minutes,
然后最长的部分——是啊
and the longest part –yeah, it’s so awesome.
这太棒了(掌声)
(Applause)
这趟飞行中最长的部分其实是摆渡船的往返
The longest part of that flight is actually the boat out and back.
(笑声)克:
(Laughter) CA:
我想说
I mean. Gwynne,
格温 这非常棒 但它很疯狂
come on,this is awesome, but it’s crazy, right?
对吗? 这永远不会发生
This is never going to actually happen. GS:
格:哦 不 这肯定会发生
Oh no, it’s definitelygoing to happen.
这绝对会实际发生
This is definitely going to happen. CA:
克:怎么发生?
How?
(掌声)
(Applause)
首先来说
So first of all,
所有的国家都要接受这个进来的导弹——
countries are going to accept this incoming missile —
(笑声)
(Laughter) GS:
格:
Chris,
克里斯 你能不能想象我们试图说服一个
so can you imagine us trying to convince a federal range,
联邦范围内的空军基地接受入侵者?
Air Force bases to take the incomers?
因为我们现在正在定期做这件事 对吧?
Because we’re doing it now,regularly, right?
我们带回一阶火箭
We’re bringing the first stages back,
然后将他们降落在空军基地的联邦财产上
and we’re landing them on federal property on an Air Force base.
所以我想这样做 我不知道
So I think doing it, I don’t know,
离城市十公里
10 kilometers out from a city,
也许离一个城市只有五公里远
maybe it’s only five kilometers out from a city. CA:
克:所以大概有多少乘客能负担得起这笔
So how many passengerscan possibly afford the fortune
通过太空飞行的费用呢?
of flying by space? GS:
格:第一代大猎鹰火箭能承载大约一百名乘客
So the first BFR is going to have roughly a hundred passengers.
我们来稍微谈一谈这桩生意
And let’s talk a little bitabout the business.
每个人都认为火箭非常昂贵
Everyone thinks rocketsare really expensive,
而很大程度上的确是这样
and to a large degree they are,
所以我们怎么才能和飞机票竞争呢?
and how could we possibly compete with airline tickets here?
但如果你仔细想想
But if you think about it,
如果我能在半个到一个小时内
if I can do this trip
飞完这趟旅途
in half an hour to an hour,
我能在几天内完成几十趟 对吗?
I can do dozens of these a day, right?
然而 一架长途飞机
And yet, a long-haul aircraft can only make one
每天只能做一次这样的飞行
of those flights a day.
所以即使我的火箭和燃料
So even if my rocketwas slightly more expensive
会稍微更昂贵一些
and the fuel isa little bit more expensive,
我能在一天
I can run 10x
内达到他们至少十倍的运行量
at least what they’re running in a day,
并从这个系统中获得我需要的收入
and really make the revenue that I need to out of that system. CA:
所以你真的相信这会在
So you really believe
我们了不起的未来的
this is going to be deployed at some point
某一时刻被部署 什么时候?
in our amazing future. When? GS:
格:肯定会在十年内克:
Within a decade, for sure. CA:
那这是格温时间还是埃隆时间?
And this is Gwynne time or Elon time? GS:
格:这是格温时间
That’s Gwynne time.
我很肯定埃隆会想让我们走得更快
I’m sure Elon will want us to go faster.
(笑声)克:
(Laughter) CA:
好的 这绝对很了不起
OK, that’s certainly amazing.
(笑声)
(Laughter) GS:
格:我个人投资了这个
I’m personally invested
因为我经常旅行
in this one, because I travel a lot
而我不喜欢旅行
and I do not love to travel,
我很想去利雅得看看我
and I would love to get
在那里的客户
to see my customers in Riyadh,
早上离开 然后及时赶回家做晚饭克:
leave in the morning and be back in time to make dinner. CA:
所以我们要试一试
So we’re going to test this out.
那么 在十年内 一张经济舱价格的机票
So within 10 years,an economy price ticket, or,
或者大概每人几千美元的价格
like, a couple thousand dollars
从纽约飞到上海
per person to fly New York to Shanghai. GS:
格:是啊 我想这会是在经济和商务舱两者之间
Yeah, I think it’ll be betweeneconomy and business,
只不过你在一个小时内完成旅途
but you do it in an hour. CA:
克:是啊 嗯 好吧 这绝对很了不起
Yeah, well, OK,that is definitely something.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
同时 大猎鹰火箭正在开发中的另一个用途
And meanwhile, the other useof BFR is being developed
比上海走得更远一些
to go a little bit further than Shanghai.
讲讲它吧
Talk about this.
你们已经发展出了一幅详细的
You guys have actually developedquite a detailed, sort of, picture
关于人类如何飞往火星的图景
of how humans might fly to Mars,
以及它看起来会是什么样
and what that would look like. GS:
格:是啊
Yeah.
我们有一个视频 这是从我们以前展示过的视频中
So we’ve got a video,this is a cropped video
剪辑出来的
from others we’ve shown,
同时增加了一些内容
and then there’s a couple of new bits to it.
总的来说 你要从一块垫子上起飞
But basically, you’re goingto lift off from a pad,
你有一个推进器 同时也有BFS
you’ve got a booster as well as the BFS,
大猎鹰飞船
the Big Falcon Spaceship.
它即将起飞
It’s going to take off.
推进器会将宇宙飞船送入轨道
The booster is going to dropthe spaceship off in orbit,
低地球轨道 然后返回
low earth orbit, and then return just
就像我们现在返回助推器一样
like we’re returning boosters right now.
这听起来不可思议 但我们正在一步步研究它
So it sounds incredible,but we’re working on the pieces,
而你能够看到我们一步步实现这些目标
and you can see us achieve these pieces.
助推器回来了
So booster comes back.
这里新的事情是
The new thing here
我们实际上要降落在
is that we’re going to actually land
我们被发射出去的平台上
on the pad that we launched from. Currently,
目前 我们降落在一个独立的发射台
we land on a separate pad,
或者在船上降落
or we land out on a boat. Fast,
飞快 迅速的连接
quick connect.
你带着一艘装满燃料的货船
You take a cargo ship full of fuel,
或油库 把它放在助推器上
or a fuel depot, put it on that booster,
让它进入轨道
get that in orbit,
做一个对接操作 给宇宙飞船加油
do a docking maneuver,refuel the spaceship,
然后接着前往目的地 这一次是火星克:
and head on to your destination, and this one is Mars. CA:
所以
So, like,
一次有一百个人去火星要花上
a hundred people go to Mars at one time, taking,
多久?六个月?两个月?
what, six months? Two months? GS:
格:这最终取决于火箭有多大
It ends up dependingon how big the rocket is.
我想 在第一代 旅行会耗费三个月
I think this first version,and we’ll continue to make
而我们会接着制作
even bigger BFRs,
甚至更大的大猎鹰火箭
I think it’s a three-month trip.
目前 平均时间是六到八个月
Right now, the average is six to eight,
不过我们会试着做到更快克:
but we’re going to try to do it faster. CA:
你认为SpaceX能在何时首次将人类带上火星?
When do you believe SpaceX will land the first human on Mars? GS:
格:这和点对点旅行是一个很相似的时间范围
It’s a very similar time framefrom the point-to-point.
他们的功能是相同的
It’s the same capability.
这会在十年之内发生——不是这个十年
It will be within a decade –not this decade. CA:
克:又是真实时间里的十年之内唔
In real time, again, within a decade. Well,
那同样是非常了不起的
that would also be amazing.
(笑声)
(Laughter) Why,
但为什么呢?我是认真的 为什么?
though? Seriously, why?
我的意思是
I mean, you’ve got a company
在你的公司里 这就是官方声明的义务
where this is the official stated mission.
是不是每个人都参与了那个任务
Has everyone actuallybought into that mission,
考虑到 我是说 有很多人认为
given that, I mean,there’s a lot of people around
拜托 你有这么多天赋
who think, come on,you’ve got so much talent,
如此多的技术能力
so much technology capability.
地球上有那么多东西需要紧急关注
There are so many things on earththat need urgent attention.
你为什么要逃去另一个星球呢?
Why would you have this escape tripoff to another planet?
(掌声)
(Applause) GS:
格:我很高兴你问了这个问题
So I am glad you asked that,
不过我想 我们应该拓展一下我们的思维
but I think we need to expand our minds a little bit.
在地球上有很多可以做的事情
There are plenty of things to do on earth,
不过有很多公司都在这方面努力
but there are lots of companiesworking on that.
我想我们正在
I think we’re working
做我们可能做的最重要的东西
on one of the most important things we possibly can,
而这便是
and that’s to find another place
找到另一个可供人类生存并繁荣的居所
for humans to live and survive and thrive.
如果在地球上发生了什么
If something happened on earth,
人类需要找到别的地方生活
you need humans living somewhere else.
(掌声)
(Applause)
这减少了人类的基本风险
It’s the fundamental risk reductionfor the human species.
这并不是说我们会停止
And this does not subvert
让地球变得更好
making our planet here better and
更好的照顾它
doing a better job taking care of it,
但我想你需要多种生存的途径
but I think you needmultiple paths to survival,
而这是其中一种
and this is one of them.
而让我们不要谈论令人沮丧的方面
And let’s not talk about the downer piece, like,
比如 你去火星来确保所有地球人都不会死
you go to Mars to make sure all earthlings don’t die.
事实上 这很糟糕 这是做这件事的一个非常糟糕的理由
That’s terrible, actually,that’s a terrible reason to go do it. Fundamentally,
从根本上说 这是另一个值得探索的地方
it’s another place to explore,
这就是为什么人类和动物不同
and that’s what makes humansdifferent from animals,
这是我们的探索感
it’s our sense of explorationand sense of wonderment
惊奇感和学习新东西的感觉
and learning something new.
然后我还要说
And then I also have to say,
这是我们迈向其他
this is the first step
太阳系的第一步
in us moving to other solar systems
或许甚至是其他星系
and potentially other galaxies,
而我想这是唯一一次
and I think this is the
我的愿景超过了埃隆的
only time I ever out-vision Elon,
因为我想见到其他太阳系里的其他人
because I want to meet other peoplein other solar systems.
火星还不错 但它是个需要修缮的星球
Mars is fine, but it isa fixer-upper planet.
要想让它适合居住 还有很多工作要做
There’s work to do thereto make it habitable.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
我想在另一个太阳系里找到人类
I want to find people,or whatever they call themselves,
或者任何他们自称的东西
in another solar system. CA:
克:这是个很大的愿景
That is a big vision.
谢谢你 格温·肖特维尔
Gwynne Shotwell, thank you.
你有着世界上最令人惊叹的工作之一
You have one of the mostamazing jobs on the planet. GS:
格:非常感谢 谢谢你 克里斯
Thank you very much. Thanks, Chris.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dar8P3r7GYA

相关推荐