未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

卷福读信——索尔到的回信

Sol LeWitt to Eva Hesse - Read by Benedict Cumberbatch

见字如面
[掌声]
[Applaud]
亲爱的伊娃
Dear Eva,
四月十四号
April 14th,
距你给我写的上封信快有一个月了
Almost a month since you wrote to me and you have possibly
你可能已经忘记了你当时的心态
forgotten your state of mind,
虽然我不这么觉得
I doubt it though.
你似乎一如往常
You seem the same as always,
憎恨作为你自己的每一分钟
and being you, hate every minute of it.
不要这样!
Don’t.
学会偶尔对这个世界说“去他妈的”
Learn to say “fuck you” to the world every once in a while.
你有权这么做
You have every right to.
停止思考
Just stop thinking,
担心
worrying,
多虑
looking over your shoulder,
徘徊 怀疑 恐惧 受伤
wondering, doubting, fearing, hurting,
期盼有简单的出路
hoping for some easy way out,
挣扎
struggling,
固守 困惑 瘙痒 抓挠
grasping, confusing, itching, scratching,
自言自语 装模作样 愤愤不平 自卑自贱 磕磕绊绊
mumbling, bumbling, grumbling, humbling, stumbling,
喃喃自语 东拉西扯 钻营投机 满口应声
numbling, rambling, gambling, tumbling,
淡淡涂抹 仓促完成 搭便车 画影线 发牢骚 抱怨
scumbling, scrambling, hitching, hatching, bitching, moaning,
呻吟 嚎叫 挑刺 满口胡言 吹毛求疵
groaning, honing, boning, horse shitting, hair splitting,
鸡蛋挑骨 迁怒于人
nitpicking, piss trickling,
自作多情 漫天要价
nose sticking, ass gouging,
夺人眼球
eyeball poking,
转嫁责任
finger pointing,
偷偷摸摸 漫长等待
alleyway sneaking, long waiting,
亦步亦趋 诅咒仇视 虎视眈眈 结党营私
small stepping, evil eyeing, back scratching,
搜索 停留 糟蹋
searching, purching, besmirching,
消磨 消磨
grinding, grinding,
消磨殆尽你自己
grinding away yourself.
停止这样 放手去做!
Stop it, and just do!
[掌声]
[Applaud]
从你的描述
From your description
以及你之前作品来看
and from what I know of your previous work
你正在创作的作品听上去非常不错
and your ability, the work you are doing sounds very good.
“绘画干净清晰 但又疯狂如机器”
Drawing clean, clear, but crazy like machines,
“更宏大也更胆大 真正的无意义”
larger and bolder, real nonsense.
真正的无意义——
That sounds fine,
听上去不错 很精彩
wonderful, real nonsense.
做更多
Do more,
更多无含义式的 更多疯狂的 更多机器
more nonsensical, more crazy, more machines,
更多乳房 阳具 阴部
more breasts, penises, cunts,
不管是什么 围绕着无意义去创作它们
whatever, make them abound with nonsense.
试着搔触到那些你内心深处的东西
Try to tickle something inside you,
你“诡异的幽默”
your weird, humor.
你属于你最隐秘的一部分
You belong in the most secret part of you.
不要担心酷或不酷
Don’t worry about cool.
创造你自己的不酷
Make your own uncool,
创造你自己的 你自己的世界
make your own, make your own world.
如果你恐惧 那就让它为你服务
If you fear, make it work for you.
描绘出你的恐惧和担忧
Draw and paint your fear and anxiety.
而且不要担心宏大 深刻的事情
And stop worrying about big, deep things
例如 “去决定生活的目的和方式”
such as, to decide on a purpose
“以连贯的方式”
and way of life, a consistent approach to
“去抵达甚至不可能抵达的终点”
even some impossible end
“或是某种想象中的终点”
or even an imagined end.
你必须尝试变得愚蠢
You must practice being stupid,
装聋作哑 不假思索 彻底放空
dumb, unthinking, empty,
然后你才可能“做”!
then you will be able to do.
我对你非常有信心
I have much confidence in you,
即使你在折磨着自己
and even though you are tormenting yourself,
你的作品却非常出色
the work you do is very good.
试着去做一些差的
Try to do something bad,
差的作品
try to do some bad work.
你能想到最差的
The worst thing you could think of,
然后看看会发生什么
see what happens,
但最重要的是放松
but mainly relax,
且让一切都去见鬼吧
and let everything go to hell.
你不用对这个世界负责任
You are not responsible for the world.
你只用对你自己的作品负责任 所以去做吧
You’re only responsible for your work, so just do it.
另外 不用去想你的作品
Don’t think that your work has to
是否要遵从任何先入为主的形式 概念或风格
conform to any preconceived idea, form or flavor,
它可以成为任何你想要它成为的样子
it can be anything you want it to be.
但如果停止创作
But if life would be easier for you,
生活对你而言会更容易 那就停下来
if you stopped working, then stop.
不要惩罚自己
Don’t punish yourself.
然而 我觉得只有深刻地根植于你
However, I think that this is so deeply engrained in you
才会更容易去做
that it would be better for you to do.
似乎我在某种程度上的确能理解你的态度
It seems I do understand your attitude
不管怎样
somewhat, anyway,
因为每隔一段时间我会经历类似的过程
because I go through a similar process every now and again myself.
我对我自己作品有一个“极为痛苦的再评价”
I have an agonizing reappraisal of my work
我尽可能地改变之前的一切
and change everything as much as possible,
而且我讨厌我曾做过的一切
and hate everything I’ve done,
而试着创作一些完全不同并且更好的作品
and tried to do something entirely different and better, and…
也许这种过程对我而言是必须的
Maybe that kind of process is necessary
推着我一步步前进
to me, pushing me on and on.
我有种感觉
Well, the feeling that
我能做出比起我刚做的垃圾货更好的东西
I could do better than that shit I just did.
也许你需要让你的痛苦
Maybe you need your agony
帮你完成你在做的事情
to accomplish what you do.
或许它可以激励你做得更好
And maybe it goads you on to do better,
但我知道这非常痛苦
but it’s very painful, I know.
如果你有信心放手去做事情而不去琢磨它
It would be better if you had the confidence just to do the stuff
那会更好
and not even think about it.
你不能离开“世界”和“艺术”
Can’t you leave the world and art alone?
同样不能放弃疼惜自我
Also, quit fondling your ego.
我知道你(或任何人)
I know that you or anyone
只能工作那么久
can only work so much,
而剩下的时间你要留给你的思想
and the rest of the time you are left with your thoughts.
当你在工作时或是在工作之前
When you work, or before you work,
你要清空你的脑袋
you have to empty your mind,
而专注于你正在做的事情
and concentrate on what you are doing.
在你完成一些事情之后就是完成了
After you do something, it is done, and that’s that.
过一阵子你可以看出来哪些比其它更好
After a while you can see some better than others,
同样你可以看出来你的方向是什么
but also you can see what direction you’re going.
我确定这一切你都了解
Sure, you know all that.
你还必须要知道你不需要为你的作品辩解
You also must know that you don’t have to justify your work,
即使对你自己也不需要
not even to yourself.
好吧 你知道的
Well, you know,
我非常欣赏你的作品
I admire your work greatly,
而且不能理解你为什么会对它如此困扰
and can’t understand why you are so bothered by it,
但是你可以看到以后的作品而我看不到
but you can see the next ones and I can’t.
你也必须要相信你的能力 我知道你相信
You also must believe in your ability, I think you do.
所以尝试一些你能做到最离谱的事情
So try the most outrageous things you can,
让你自己也感到震惊的事情
shock yourself,
你有可以做一切事情的能力
you have at your power, the ability to do anything.
我想要看到你的作品
I’d like to see your work
但又必须安于等待直到八月或九月
and will have to be content to wait until August or September.
我在露西那里看到了一些汤姆新作的照片
I’ve seen photos of some of Tom’s new things at Lucy’s.
它们令我印象深刻 特别是那些
They’re very impressive, especially the ones
具有更加严格形式的作品 :更简练的作品
with the more rigorous form, the simpler ones.
我猜他还会寄东西来
I guess he will send some more later on.
跟我说说展览怎么样了 之类的
Let me know how the shows are going and that kind of stuff.
你走后我的作品变了
My work has changed since you left,
变得更好了
and it’s much better.
5月4到29
I will be having a show
我有个展览 在丹尼尔画廊
May 4th to 29th at the Daniel’s Gallery, 17 East and 64th Street
64街东17号 原是Emmerich
where Emmerich was.
你们有空儿来看看吧
I wish you could be there.
非常爱你们俩
Much love to you both.
索尔
Sol.
[掌声]
[Applaud]
见字如面

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

索尔·勒维特写给伊娃·海瑟的回信

听录译者

ABC

翻译译者

呵呵呵呵

审核员

审核员YZ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnSMIgsPj5M

相关推荐