ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

现代魔法师技能养成 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

现代魔法师技能养成

Skills for a modern wizard: 4 lessons in Muggle magic with the Super Carlin Brothers

Hey Brother! Guys, we never got our Hogwarts letter
兄弟你好!伙计们 我们错失霍德沃兹魔法学院的来信
but we may have just received the next best thing.
但是我们刚刚得到了一个好消息
We have been invited by Google Arts & Culture
我们受到了来自谷歌艺术文化
and the British Library in London.
和伦敦大英图书馆的邀请
The library has curated an incredible exhibit called
图书馆举行了一个极好的的展览
Harry Potter: A History of Magic.
名为哈利·波特:魔法史
Now, not only did we get to visit the exhibition but we also had the chance
现在 我们不仅有机会参观了展览
to meet one of the masterminds behind the project, Julian Harrison.
还能见到这个展览的策划者之一 Julian Harrison
He’ll be giving us some lessons in Muggle magic where we’ll discover
他将会给我们上一些零基础的魔法课
some of the connections between Harry Potter and the history of magic.
在课中我们将会发现哈利·波特和魔法史之间的一些联系
Guys, I am really pleased to see both of you here today
伙计们 我真的很高兴今天能在这里见到你们
and I am gonna love talking magic with you.
并且我非常乐意和你们谈论魔法
Well, we always love talking magic.
我们也非常喜欢谈论魔法
Lesson One: Dark Arts – How to Survive a Basilisk Bite.
课时一:黑暗艺术——如何在被蛇怪咬后存活
In the Harry Potter books the largest snake is actually the Basilisk.
在哈利波特书籍中 最大的蛇实际上是蛇怪
Do snakes in real life commonly, are they associated with darkness
现实中的蛇普遍存在吗?
in the same way that they are in the books?
它们和黑暗的联系就像书中所说的那样吗?
Well, in real life snakes represent the duality between good and evil.
在现实生活中蛇代表着善和恶的两重性
Between darkness and light.
它们穿梭在黑暗和光明之间
You know, of course, that snakes have one incredible quality,
当然你知道 蛇有一种特异的品质
they can actually shed their skins.
它们可以蜕皮
So they effectively are reborn every now and then.
因此 它们实际上随时都可以重生
Now Basilisks actually have a long historical tradition
现如今实际上蛇怪有着悠久的历史
and you know of course that a Basilisk can kill you with its stare.
并且你当然知道蛇怪可以用它的目光杀死你
It could also kill you with its venom.
蛇怪也可以用它的毒液杀死你
There is a great antidote to poison and that is also featured
这种蛇毒有一种极好的解药 是一种粪石
in the Harry Potter books, and that of course is a bezoar stone,
这也出现在了哈利·波特系列书中
and I’ve actually got a real bezoar stone. This little beauty…
我实际上有一块真正的粪石 它很漂亮
Wow, look at this… …has passed through the guts
哇 看这块粪石
of a llama, no less.
它取自美洲驼的内脏
So in Harry Potter it’s typically through a goat,
在哈利·波特中 粪石通常取自山羊的内脏
but I didn’t know they were real. Does this work?
但我不知道这是真的 这粪石真有如此作用吗?
The King of France’s cook was sentenced to death and they said to him
法国国王的厨师被判死刑 行刑的人对他说
instead of being executed, we would make you swallow some poison
我们不处死你 而是会让你吞下一些毒药
and then we give you a bezoar stone to see whether that works.
然后给你一些粪石看看它是否有效
Guess what happened to him? He totally survived.
猜猜发生了什么?他活下来了
He died.
他死了
It’s based on an actual belief but not based on actual results.
它基于一个信念并非真正结果
Would you want to swallow a llama’s stone?
你想吞下一块粪石吗?
I’m just remembering now that this was in fact inside of a llama,
我才记起这块粪石实际上取自美洲驼体内
so I might just give this back to you.
因此我将要把它还给你
Lesson Two: Magical Creatures – How to Spot a Real Mermaid
课时二:魔法生物——如何识别真正的美人鱼
The other thing you guys have on the exhibit is an actual mermaid.
你在展览会上看到的另一件东西是一条真正的美人鱼
I’m really excited by this. It was a really cool piece!
我真的很兴奋 这是非常棒的一部分!
Yeah and it more closely resembles like how they are described in the books.
是的 它更像书中对它们的描述
Yeah, they are not necessarily these beautiful creatures,
的确 它们不是些美丽的生物
this would not be something you’d be excited to run into in the Great Lake.
这不会是你在五大湖遇到的兴奋的事情
When I think ‘mermaids’ this is not what I think.
我联想的“美人鱼”并不是这样子的
I hate to tell you but this is actually an 18th century forgery.
我不想告诉你 这实际上是18世纪的赝品
It’s made in Japan, and it’s made out of the head and torso of a monkey
它由日本制造 综合了猴子的头和躯干
and the tail of a fish.
以及鱼的尾巴
Lesson Three: Potions – The Secret of Immortality
课时三:魔药——永生的秘密
Did you know that Nicholas Flamel is actually a real person
你知道Nicholas Flamel是一个真正的人
and he’s believed to have invented the philosopher’s stone?
而且他被认为发明了魔法石吗?
Um, yes Ben, I did actually know that. Of course you did.
嗯 是的 本 我确实知道 你当然也知道
But what I’d like to show you now is a manuscript in the exhibition
但是我现在给你们看的是展览中的一份手稿
which actually tells you how to make your own philosopher’s stone.
它讲述了如何制作属于自己的魔法石
So we actually have the recipe?
所以我们真的有配方了?
It’s called the Ripley Scroll, it’s made around the year 1600, about 400 years ago,
它被称为里普利卷轴 制作于1600年左右 距今约400年
and it measures 6 meters long.
这个卷轴长6米
If we actually follow through right to the end
如果我们真的坚持到底
we gain the power to become immortal so it’s worth having a go, isn’t it?
我们就获得了永生的力量 所以值得一试 不是吗?
Lesson Four: Herbology – Harvesting Mandrakes
课时四:草药学——收获曼德拉草
Of course you’ve heard of a mandrake, haven’t you, in the Harry Potter stories?
在哈利·波特的故事里你当然听说过曼德拉草 不是吗?
Yes, absolutely. But did you know that the mandrake
当然 但是你知道曼德拉草在现实生活中
is actually a plant in real life? I did not know that.
实际上是一种植物吗?我不知道
This is from a 14th century manuscript, made in Baghdad, it’s written in Arabic
这是一份创作于14世纪的手稿 它在巴格达制作 用阿拉伯语书写
and it shows you what were believed to be two different sexes of mandrakes.
它向你展示了两种不同性别的曼德拉草
So you have the Mandrake and the Wo-mandrake.
因此存在雄性曼德拉草和雌性曼德拉草
Yeah, maybe not.
是啊 也许不是
We’ve actually brought one along to show you today.
我们今天带了一个给你看
This right here?
它就在这里吗?
We have a mandrake that has been sitting next to me this whole time?
有一只曼德拉草一直在我旁边?
A little bit dangerous. It’s not a real mandrake
有一点危险 但它不是真正的曼德拉草
because they are very hard to come by so we brought you a stunt mandrake today.
因为它们很难找到 所以我们今天带来了一个仿真的曼德拉草
I feel much better about that.
那我感觉就好多了
Well now the important part about the mandrake is the scream.
曼德拉草最重要的技能是尖叫
Oh sure, it was always believed that when you pulled a mandrake out of the ground
当然 人们总是相信 当你把曼德拉草从地里拔出来的时候
its scream would either prove fatal to you or it would drive you mad.
它的尖叫声要么会杀死你 要么会让你发疯
Oh wow, so that’s actually fairly in keeping with what we see in the books.
哇 所以这实际上和我们在书里看到的是相当一致的
That’s right, yes, so should we go ahead and pull it out?
没错 那么我们应该把它从土里拔出来吗?
We are a hundred percent sure that this isn’t… I think we should just wear
我们百分之百确定这不是真的吗?为了安全起见
some ear muffs just to be safe here. Can never be too cautious.
我们应该戴些耳罩 再谨慎也不为过
Right, yes, safety first. Yeah, let’s just do it.
没错 安全第一 让我们戴上耳罩
All right, you guys ready? 3, 2, 1!
你们准备好了吗?3 2 1!
O.W.L.: The Battle of the Brothers
奥威尔:兄弟之战
You guys obviously know a lot about Harry Potter
显而易见 你们很了解哈利·波特的内容
We’ve put together a quiz to test your knowledge about the history of magic.
我们准备了一个测验来测试你魔法史的知识
Bring it on. Let’s totally do it.
出题吧 我们会全力以赴
Game on.
测试开始
Which item in the British Library exhibition was allegedly found
据称大英图书馆展览中的哪一件物品被发现
being used as a chopping board?
并且被用作了砧板?
Nicolas Flamel’s gravestone.
尼可·勒梅墓碑
Correct.
回答正确
The best bezoar stones are found in the stomachs of which hoofed animal?
最好的粪石是在哪种走兽的胃里发现的?
A goat.
山羊
I’ll accept that, the correct answer is the bezoar goat
没错 正确答案是粪石山羊
On the board!
厉害了!
Which is the brightest star in the night sky?
夜空中哪颗星最亮?
The north star?
北极星?
Incorrect. The correct answer is Sirius.
回答错误 正确答案是天狼星
A mole on what part of the human anatomy, denotes honour to a man
在人身体的哪一部分 痣代表男人的荣誉
and riches to a woman?
和女人的财富?
Chin.
下巴
The buttock. My next guess.
臀部 我的另一个猜测
What is the name of the three-headed dog…
三头狗的名字是什么……
Cerberus. According to the ancient Greeks …
根据古希腊神话的说法是刻耳柏洛斯……
Historically which animal would you use when harvesting a Mandrake?
在历史上 当你收获曼德拉草时 你会用哪种动物
A dog. A weasel.
狗 黄鼠狼
Nine days. That’s the correct answer.
九天 这是正确答案
I can exclusively reveal that the winner of today’s quiz is:
我宣布 今天测验的获胜者是:
J! Yes, yes! Knew it!
J!没错 料到是他了!
Slytherin for the win. I will get you next time.
斯莱特林队获胜 下次我会战胜你的
We’ll see about that, we’ll see about that.
我们将会看到的
Julian, thank you so much for joining us today and just like walking through all
Julian 非常感谢你今天来参加我们的活动
of these great items provided in the background,
就像在后台参观所有这些伟大的项目一样
it has been a pleasure having you. It’s been my pleasure too, thank you.
你的到来让我很高兴 我也很荣幸 谢谢你
Yes, it has been amazing, and guys I highly recommend that you go and check out
是的 这太激动人心了 伙计们
the highlights of the exhibit online.
我强烈建议你们去网上看看展览的亮点
We have been the Super Carlin Brothers and I will see you in another life, brother.
我们一直是超级卡林兄弟 下辈子我们还做兄弟

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

兄弟二人受邀参观了霍格沃兹魔法学院有关哈利·波特中魔法史的一个展览,同时听了相关讲解,并进行了知识竞赛,从而对魔法史有了一定了解。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

🍀

审核员

审核员BB

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMD-FF0PE9A

相关推荐