未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

3个问题帮你建立复原力并改变世界

Sister True Dedication: 3 questions to build resilience -- and change the world | TED Countdown

Why is it so hard to change the direction of our civilization?
为什么改变文明的方向这么难?
I’d like to suggest that
我想说的是
what’s missing at this point is not more facts and information
在这点上 我们所缺的不是更多的事实和信息
or even technology.
甚至不是技术
We have more than enough.
我们所拥有的资源绰绰有余
What’s missing is insight.
我们缺少的是洞察力
My teacher, Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh has said that
我的老师 释一行禅师说过
if we haven’t yet changed our way of living,
如果我们还没有改变我们的生活方式
it’s because the awakening isn’t strong enough.
那是因为我们觉悟得还不够深刻
We can’t hope to change the world
我们不能指望去改变世界
if we can’t change our own way of seeing things, our consciousness.
除非我们能改变看待事物的方式 即我们的意识
But how can we do this?
但是我们怎么做到这一点呢?
In the Zen tradition,
在禅宗传统中
we know that awakening doesn’t happen only with the intellect.
我们知道 觉悟并不仅仅依靠智力
We need to engage our whole being right in the heart of the present moment.
我们还需要全身心领会当下这一念
And a very simple way to do this
要做到这一点 有一个非常简单的方法
is with the practice of mindful walking,
那就是练习正念行走
a powerful meditation that doesn’t require hard labor
它是一种强大的冥想法 不需要繁重的体力
or even extra time.
甚至不需要额外时间
Do you remember the first steps you took outside this morning?
还记得今早你走出家门的第一步吗?
The feel of the ground underfoot,
你踩在地面上的感觉
the fall of the light,
落下的光线
the quality of the air.
空气的质量
Do you remember the first tree on your way?
你还记得路上的第一棵树吗?
Life is there for us,
生命与我们同行
but the question is, are we there for life?
但问题是 我们和生命同行吗?
Perhaps this morning we had something more important to do.
今天早上也许我们有更重要的事情要做
Perhaps we were in a hurry.
也许我们很匆忙
Many of us have a feeling that we are running out of time.
许多人都有一种时间不够用的感觉
But when we rush to do something,
但是 当我们急于做一件事情时
are we saving time or are we losing it?
我们是在节省时间 还是在浪费时间?
There is a lot that is urgent,
确实有很多迫切要做的事情
but in order to take the kind of radical, decisive action
但是 我们的地球现在急需
that our planet is calling for,
某种激进的果断的行动
we need to be fully present,
所以我们需要完全活在当下
grounded and alert,
脚踏实地 保持警惕
fearless and free
无所畏惧 自由自在
It is our way of being that has got us into our current crises,
正是我们的生存方式使我们陷入了当前的危机
and it is our way of being that can get us out.
而我们的生存方式也可以使我们摆脱困境
Mindful walking can help.
正念行走可以帮助我们
We really feel the contact between our feet and the ground.
我们可以真正感受到我们的脚和地面之间的接触
And we enjoy the harmony between our breathing and our steps.
我们享受着呼吸与步伐间的和谐
With each step, we arrive into our body,
在每一步中 我们去感受自己的身体
into the present moment.
感受当下
And we become fascinated by the whole experience of walking.
我们变得着迷于行走的整体体验
And for those of us who are physically unable to walk,
对于那些身体无法行走的人来说
perhaps we are in a wheelchair,
我们也许可以坐在轮椅上
we enjoy the experience of moving through space.
享受轮椅在空间移动的体验
And we open up our senses to the sky,
我们开启感官 来感受天空
to the trees, to the people around us,
树木 周围的人们
or simply to the hum of life in the city.
或只是城市生活的嘈杂
And we have a chance to wake up
我们有机会领悟到
to what is going on, in us and around us.
我们身上和周围正在发生的事情
And in the Zen tradition, we also use questions
在禅宗传统中 我们也通过提问
to help us wake up, to help spark awakening.
来帮助我们觉悟 帮助我们激发悟性
And today I would like to offer you three.
今天我想问你们三个问题
The first question is:
第一个问题是
Who are you?
你是谁?
Who are you?
你是谁?
Say you’re walking to do something.
假设你要走路去做某事
Perhaps something very important.
也许是件很重要的事
Something that may be the right thing to do but very hard.
也许是件正确但有难度的事
Ask yourself.
问问你自己
Who is walking to do this?
谁在走路去做这件事?
Can you see that you are, in fact,
你是否发现 实际上
an entire lineage of parents, grandparents and ancestors?
你继承了父母 祖父母和祖先的全部血脉?
We carry all of them within us.
我们继承了他们的一切
Their qualities and their weaknesses.
包括他们的品质和弱点
Their hopes, their regrets, their fears.
他们的希望 遗憾以及恐惧
Each one of us is in some way an ambassador of our species.
在某种程度上 每个人都是我们这个物种的使者
And as we walk,
在正念行走时中
we have a chance to activate the best of ourselves.
我们有机会激活自己最好的那部分
The qualities of awakening.
觉悟的能力
Endurance.
耐力
Compassion.
同情
Generosity.
慷慨
Fearlessness and hope.
无所畏惧和希望
And going further, as we walk,
当我们继续走下去
we realize that
我们意识到
we embody millions of years of evolution.
自己是数百万年进化的结果
Each one of us is nothing less than a representative of the planet.
我们每个人无疑都代表了地球
A child of the Earth.
我们是地球的孩子
In this very moment,
此时此刻
we are all made of Earth, sun and stars,
我们都是由地球 太阳和星星
mountains and rivers, savannahs and rainforests.
山川和河流 草原和雨林组成的
It is impossible for us to be without all these elements.
缺少了任何一个元素我们都无法生存
And realizing this is to see with the insight of interbeing.
我们要意识到这一点就需要有相即的洞察力
This isn’t just intellectual knowledge,
这不仅仅是知性知识
but the living insight that you and I,
而是一种人生洞察力
we are much more than we think.
即我们的本质远比我们想象的要广阔得多
And this is an immense source of love and strength
当我们在此时此处采取行动时
as we take action in the here and now.
这便是爱和力量的巨大源泉
Which brings us to question number two.
这就引出了第二个问题
Where are you?
你在何处?
Are you here?
你在此处吗?
Are you now?
你在此刻吗?
Do you feel at home in yourself, relaxed and at ease?
你是否感到宾至如归 放松和自在?
Or is there still some restlessness, perhaps a little agitation?
或者你还是有一些不安 也许是一点烦乱?
We may feel distracted, preoccupied.
我们可能会感到心烦意乱 心事重重
There are those who say we are too much in the present,
有些人认为我们过多地停留在现在
not planning enough for the future.
说我们对未来的规划不够
But there’s a difference between being alert and awake to what is going on
但是 对正在发生的事情保持警惕和清醒
and being lost in our work or projects,
并不同于让自己迷失在工作或者项目中
or drowning ourselves in consuming to cover up, escape from or numb ourselves
也不同于用沉迷消费来掩饰 逃避 自我麻痹
to what is actually happening.
对正在发生的事情视而不见
Training our body and mind
学会训练我们的身心
to be fully present in the here and now
与当下完全融为一体
is essential to our survival and to the future we are creating.
这对我们的生存以及正在创造的未来至关重要
It is in the present and only in the present
正是在当下 也只有在当下
that we can truly nourish our happiness
我们才能真正滋养我们的幸福
and handle and take care of our pain and our suffering.
处理并观照我们的痛苦和磨难
For example,
比如
in this moment,
在这一刻
if each of us takes time to really breathe in
如果我们每个人花点时间认真的吸气
and come back to our body,
并感受我们的身体
we may find tension.
我们可能会有紧张感
And right now, on an out breath,
现在 通过呼气
we have a chance to release that tension.
我们便有机会释放出这种紧张的情绪
This is possible right away.
这是可以立即实现的
If we come back to ourselves in this moment
如果我们此时感受我们的身体
and we find sadness,
并感受到了悲伤
we have a chance to embrace it.
我们便有机会去拥抱接受它
If we find fear,
如果我们感受到了恐惧
anger, despair,
愤怒 绝望
we have a chance to accompany it,
我们有机会去陪伴它
to be with it
与它同在
and to look deeply into what it is telling us.
并深入观照它代表了什么
Our suffering contains within it the suffering of our world.
我们的苦难也包含着我们这个世界的苦难
The violence, the destruction,
暴力 破坏
the discrimination and exploitation
歧视和剥削
that is going on right now across our planet.
这些苦难正发生在我们的星球上
We are doing real harm to one another and to all species.
我们正在对彼此以及所有的物种造成真正的伤害
And the more we realize this, the more we awaken to this,
我们越是意识到这一点 就会醒悟得越多
we want to do something to help, to transform the situation.
我们想要做点什么来帮助改变这样的现状
But this requires a tremendous source of energy.
但这需要巨大的能量源泉
And where can we ever find enough energy?
我们在哪里能找到足够的能量?
In the Buddhist tradition,
在佛教传统中
we know that our intention, our deepest aspiration,
我们知道自己的目的和最深切的渴望
is an immense source of energy.
就是我们巨大的能量来源
Which brings us to question number three.
这便引出了第三个问题
What do you want?
你想要什么?
What do you really want?
你真正想要的是什么?
What is most important to you?
对你来说什么最重要?
This is not only about doing, this is also about being.
这不仅仅是实践的问题 它也是关于存在的问题
It is possible to be firmly rooted in the present moment,
我们可以既坚定不移地活在当下
and yet motivated, energized by a deep desire,
同时被强烈的欲与爱
a deep love to contribute something positive.
所激励去做积极的事情
And wherever we choose to make our contribution,
我们无论选择在哪里做出贡献
our task is to do our best in that spot
我们的任务就是在那里尽最大的努力做好
and we will have peace.
这样我们才会感到安心
Even the simplest act born from love
即使是源于爱的最简单的行为
resonates without limit.
也会产生无限的共鸣
So we’re walking.
所以我们要正念行走
And we can arrive into our life at every step.
这样我们每走一步都能到达我们的生活
And we get to ask ourself,
我们可以问自己
Is this how I want to live my life?
这是我想要的生活吗?
Life is short,
生命是短暂的
and each one of us needs to identify
我们每个人都需要确定
and nurture our deepest aspiration,
以及培养我们最深切的渴望
rekindle it if necessary
必要时重新点燃这种渴望
and find a community of friends and allies who share the same dream.
并找到一个拥有相同梦想的朋友和盟友的社区
And with the insight of interbeing,
在相即的洞察力下
we see that we’re not a small me realizing our dream,
我们看到的不是一个实现梦想的小我
but a vast us.
而是广大的我们
And we arrive at our destination in every step.
我们的每一步都到达我们的目的地
So who am I?
那么 我是谁?
Where am I?
我在哪里?
And what do I want?
我想要什么?
The act of asking these three questions in the heart of our daily life,
在日常生活中 在行走中
as we walk, will help us to wake up.
对自己提问这三个问题 将有助于我们觉悟
Because the fact is,
因为事实是
if we keep going in the direction we are going,
如果我们继续朝现在这个方向前进
there is no doubt our civilization will end soon.
毫无疑问 我们的文明将很快结束
Many civilizations have ended, and ours is no different.
许多文明已经终结 我们的文明也不会例外
And if our awakening to this truth is not strong enough,
如果我们对这个真相领悟得还不够深刻
our actions will not be strong enough
我们的行动力就不足以强大到
to heal ourselves and to protect our Earth.
治愈自己并保护我们的地球
We need to see the suffering, the truth, in order to get the awakening.
我们需要看到苦难和真相 这样才能觉悟
There’s a deep connection between the two.
这两者之间有着深厚的联系
We can’t help if we’re numb or if we’re overwhelmed.
如果我们麻木或不知所措 我们将会无能为力
Only when we dare to feel in our body
只有当我们敢于用身体去感受
what all these facts, all this information means,
这些事实和这些信息传达的含义时
will we truly awaken
我们才会真正意识到
to the preciousness of life,
生命的珍贵
and to the danger we are in.
以及我们现在面临的危险
And we have the spiritual strength; we need to do this.
我们有精神的力量 我们需要这样做
Mindful breathing and walking
正念呼吸和正念行走
can give us stability and non-fear.
可以给我们带来安定感和无所畏惧
Being in contact with nature lifts our spirits and heals our soul.
接触自然可以振奋我们的精神 治愈我们的灵魂
The Earth, our ancestors and our descendants,
地球 我们的祖先和我们的后代
they are all here with us in this moment.
他们此刻都与我们同在
Giving us clarity to see the truth
让我们清楚地看到真相
and courage to take radical loving action.
有勇气采取彻底的爱的行动
And with this awakening and this spiritual strength,
有了这种觉悟和精神力量
it is possible for us
我们才有可能
to act with the urgency of today and also with the freedom of eternity.
在今日之迫切与永恒之自由中行动
[Copper chime sound]
[铜磬声]
Thank you.
谢谢
[Applause]
[掌声]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

我是谁?我在哪儿?我想要什么?你真的能回答清楚这三个并不陌生的问题吗?三个看似很简单的问题,却能帮助我们建立复原力,甚至改变世界!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Pupu喵

审核员

审核员KN

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvkgqt-hkEg

相关推荐