未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

用闹钟叫醒对不对?

Should You Use The SNOOZE Button?

闹钟的止闹按钮是人类最伟大的发明之一…… 直到九分钟后
The snooze button, one of man’s best inventions…until nine minutes later when
这该死的闹铃再次响起的时候。除非现在的你觉得自己是如此的疲惫
the dreaded alarm strikes again. Except now you feel even more tired, so do you
所以,你会再次关掉它吗?这区区的几分钟真有起到作用吗?或者说
hit it again? Are those extra minutes really helping at all? Or is it the
这只是一个无止境循环的开端,让你到最后以迟到和仍旧疲惫地收场。
beginning of a never-ending cycle that ends in you being late and still dead tired.
无法想象在一个没有闹钟的世界里,我们的身体会自己醒过来
In an unimaginable world without alarm clocks our bodies would simply wake up
听起来很疯狂对吧?但是我们的身体有很多诸如此类的化学反应机制
naturally, seems crazy right? But our bodies have many chemical mechanisms in
它不仅可以加快我们的睡眠,而且也可以让我们醒来。身体
place to not only put us to sleep, but wake us up as well. The body begins
在你自然醒的几个小时之前就开始准备,体温上升
preparing in the hour before you naturally wake-up, body temperature rises
睡眠变得更浅了,像多巴胺和皮质醇一类的激素开始释放
sleep becomes lighter and hormones such as dopamine and cortisol are released
它们给你开启新的一天的能量,但闹钟的问题是它们
which give you energy to start your day. But the problem with alarms is that they
会经常扰乱你的睡眠周期,并且将这个过程的时间变短。
often interrupt your sleep cycle and cut these processes short. Particularly if you
尤其是当你没有一个规律的睡眠节奏和时间安排,闹铃响了
don’t have a regular sleep rhythm or schedule, the alarm goes off, but your body
但你的身体还没有准备好 。这种无力和疲惫的状态被称为“睡眠惯性”。
isn’t quite ready. This groggy and tired state is known as ‘sleep inertia’
并且它的作用是与在你摆脱睡眠阶段而醒来的状态有关的。
and its strength is related to which sleep stage you are waking up out of.
更深度的睡眠,其惰性就越强。因此你会开始打盹
The deeper the sleep the more potent the sleep inertia and so the snoozing
但是睡眠按钮的弊端大于利端,当你难以睡回笼觉的时候
begins. But the snooze button can do more damage than good, as you fall back asleep
身体又会重新开始睡眠循环并且进入深度睡眠阶段。
the body be restart its sleep cycle and enter into deeper sleep stages. So
所以不管身体准备醒来还是进行睡眠的反向循环
instead of your body prepping to wake up, it’s going in the opposite direction and
还是结果是第二次闹铃会让你感到更加累
as a result the second alarm may cause you to feel even more tired
然后到最后不断进入恶性循环
and so continues the viscious cycle.
所以 你最好在第一次响铃后取消闹铃 让它不要打扰你的睡眠
Ultimately. you would be better off setting your original alarm later and not
许多研究表明 碎片式的睡眠
interrupting your sleep. Many studies have found that fragmented sleep is much
是没多大作用的
less restorative
并且这会影响你白天的小憩 所以一段持续30分钟左右
and leads to sleepiness related daytime impairment. So by breaking up those last
的睡眠被扰乱更可能让白天的你萎靡不振
thirty minutes or so of sleep, you are more likely to feel tired and perform
那么你可以做些什么呢 尝试采用一种更规律的睡眠安排
poorly during the day. What else can you do? Try adopting a more regular sleep
疲惫不单单只是缺乏睡眠或从深度睡眠中醒来的一种表现
schedule, being tired is not only a product of sleep deprivation or waking
这更反应出你缺少固定的生物钟
up out of a deep sleep, but also lacking a consistent schedule. The body loves
身体喜欢对每天早上的同一时间点醒过来进行预测 包括周末
predictability, wake up at the same time every morning, including the weekends, and
几周后 你的身体会适应你现在的生物钟然后会更少依赖于用闹钟叫你起床
after a few weeks your body should adapt to the timing and be less inclined to
但如果你醒来时感到有些疲倦
require an alarm in the first place. And if you do wake up feeling a little
要抵制想再睡一小会的想法 立马起床
tired, try to resist the snooze temptation and just get up,
就像老话说的”你打个盹 你就亏了”
because as the saying goes ‘you snooze you lose’.
你有什么想问的问题吗在我们的评论区或脸书和推特上提问吧
Got a burning question you want answered? Ask it in the comments, or on facebook and twitter.
为了收看更多精彩的每周科学视频 快快订阅我们吧
And subscribe for more weekly science videos.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6zcSFA7ymo

相关推荐