ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

顺从父母还是顺从本心? – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

顺从父母还是顺从本心?

Should You Follow Your Passion? - PASSION VS PARENTS

Cynicism is always going to try to get you
你总是要面对耳提面命
and it’s your job to navigate around that cynicism.
你要做的就是无视这些耳提面命
Because they’re like nipping dogs at your feet,
因为他们就像疯狗一样跟着你
they’re not important, cynicism is valueless
在我的书中耳提面命不重要 没有价值
in my book and I have no time for it.
我没有时间理会它
I will be patient with it to a degree
我对耳提面命只有一点耐心
and then I have no patience for it.
过后我就会失去耐心
Some parent that doesn’t want their kid to play violin,
一些家长不想让他们的孩子拉小提琴
okay, and they’re antagonistic,
不仅如此 他们还站在对立面
you’ve gotta be an accountant,
你应该去当会计
you’ve gotta be an accountant.
你应该去当会计
You go, ok…
你应该 好吧……
Dad, I love you, But…
爸爸 我爱你 但是……
if I become an accountant I’m becoming
如果我依从你的想法
what you want me to be
成为一个会计
and I have a good chance of having
那么我很可能不会
a not so happy life.
过着那么幸福的生活
Even if I fail at being a violinist,
即使我成为不了小提琴家
at least I failed on my own terms
至少我在自己的领域内失败
and I failed doing something I loved.
我在我喜爱的领域失败
So, you gotta let up on me dad,
所以父亲 或者哥哥姐姐
or brother, or sister,
你必须宽容对待我
whoever that character is
无论那个角色是谁
that has a counter-intention to you,
无论他有什么意图
you have to get with them and get real and say
你必须正视他们 并且切实对他们说
Look it’s my life, it’s not your life
这是我的生活 不是你的生活
and this is how I need to do it.
这是我需要面对的
Whether, someone wants to be a baseball player,
例如 有人想要成为棒球运动员
but their parents want them to be a football player
但他们的父母想要他们成为足球运动员
it doesn’t even matter if it’s the wrong sport,
运动是否适合你不重要
you see, it’s not your sport!
你必须明白 那不是你从事的运动!
You know, and I’ve watched people to
你知道 我一生都在观察别人
this my whole life I’ve watched them…
我观察他们……
Wow! You got to be a professional football player
哇!你要在六个月内成为一个专业足球运动员
for six months, why didn’t that work out?
为什么没有成功呢?
Well cause I never liked it,
原因是我从未喜欢过它
I wanted to be a baseball player.
我想要成为一个棒球运动员
Well what… what happened?
发……发生了什么?
Well, my dad
好吧
wanted me to become a football player
父亲想要我成为足球运动员
and I was really going on his wishes.
并且我确实已经遵循他的意愿
So if you had to redo history,
所以如果你说你想历史回溯
you’d say, Would I have told dad at that time,
你说 那时我应该怎样告诉父亲
Look…
听着……
I’m just enjoying this more than that,
我只是更喜欢这个
can you let up on me?
你能对我宽容点吗?
There’s always these interesting increments of
总会有一些有趣的事情出现
how you give yourself permission
比如 你如何给自己许可
and navigate around people that are counter your intentions.
如何跟你意见不同的人处得来
You can’t forget that life is an art.
你不能忘了生活是门艺术
That’s why Oprah and I connected immediately
这就是为什么我和Oprah立刻联系上了
because, you know,
因为 你知道
we did a whole episode one time
我们曾经在一起做过一集节目
on enlightening people that didn’t have money
那个节目旨在启发没有钱的人
on how they can live artfully.
如何更艺术地生活
I said, very easy!
我说 非常简单!
I said,
我说
can the average fellow go to Walmart
一般人能去沃尔玛
and afford a tray,
买一个托盘
yes it might be three dollars,
它可能售价三美元
can you afford a cup instead of a paper cup,
你可以买一个杯子代替纸杯
might be a dollar, it’s fine,
它可能一美元
now can you put your favorite coffee in that cup?
现在你可以把你最爱的咖啡放入那个杯子中吗?
Can you…
你可以……
can you go to a market or something
你可以去市场或其他地方
and get a nice blueberry muffin,
买一个美味的蓝莓松饼
can you make that look pretty,
你可以把它弄的很漂亮
put a flower on that tray?
在那个托盘上放一朵花吗?
Now can you go give it to your husband or your wife?
现在你可以把它送给你的丈夫或者妻子吗?
They’ll think that they’re at the Four Seasons,
他们会认为自己处在四季酒店
getting room service,
叫客房服务
and you have minimal money.
但是你只花了一点儿钱
It’s how you approach it,
这就是你是怎么做到的
you know, it’s the art of life .
你知道 这就是生活的艺术
If you wanna look a certain way,
如果你从一个方面看
it doesn’t take money.
这不需要花钱
I remember, I had a couple of friends that were in a bind,
我记得 我有几个朋友曾经为此苦恼
they needed a suit for a wedding
他们需要准备一套婚礼西装
they didn’t have one.
但是他们没有西装
I said, let’s go to Walmart,
我说 去沃尔玛吧
I said I can get you a suit for 46$,
我说我能用46美元帮你买到一件西装
it’s gonna look great on you.
你穿上一定很好看
And it did, because the designer of the Walmart thing,
然后我们就去了 因为沃尔玛的设计师
had a better tailoring than some of the top designers!
有的裁缝比一些顶级设计师做的还要好
and everybody complimented him at the wedding,
在婚礼上大家都称赞他
Yeah! You look great, you look great!
是的!很好看!很好看!
Never told ‘em it was from Walmart 46$,
从未告诉他们那件衣服是从沃尔玛花46美元买来的
but he upstaged everybody with all their designer suits.
但是在所有人都穿名牌西装的情况下 他抢了所有人风头
I did that with my sisters once,
我有一次给我妹妹买衣服就是这样
I never told I wasn’t used to buying them expensive clothes,
我从未说过不会给她们买贵的衣服
I went to Walmart and bought a cocktail dress for one sister
我去沃尔玛给我一个妹妹买一件礼服
and a kind of, other type of cocktail wear.
就是一种另类的酒会衣服
They wore them out! They loved them so much!
她们穿出去了!她们超级喜欢那件衣服!
And I never told them how much they cost, 19$ each!
我从未告诉过她们衣服花了多少钱 每件19美元!
And I never told them where I got it from.
并且我从未告诉她们我从哪儿买的
Cause I did not want to influence them,
因为我不想影响她们
but I wanted to show, that you can experience life
但是我想告诉你们
if you’re clever with money and still be as artful.
如果你精于算计 依然可以艺术地体验生活
There’s a joy of creating and that’s free.
那是一种免费的具有创造性的乐趣
Whether you write, or play music,
不论你学写作 还是学音乐
or act, that’s free, the joy,
还是学表演 都可以不用花钱得到快乐
and you can splurge on that joy,
并且你可以炫耀你的快乐
everybody can, you just have to give yourself permission.
每个人都可以 只是必须给自己许可

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

在父母意愿和自己兴趣之间作出明智的选择,作者告诉我们选择自己兴趣,毕竟生活是自己需要经历的,根据自己兴趣进行学习生活,即使失败了也没有任何遗憾,但是你首先要自己拿定主意做下去。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Fance

审核员

审核员YQ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2isEf4KxEc

相关推荐