未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

我应该剪掉我的指尖吗?

Should I cut off my Fingertips?

Fingertips.
我的指尖
Maybe I should cut them off.
也许我应该把它们剪掉
Although I can imagine the whole procedure would be absurdly painful,
虽然我可以想象整个过程会非常痛苦
there is an allure to it.
但这对我来说是一种诱惑
Fingerprints are special, you only get fingers once in your lifetime,
每个人的指纹都是特别的 你一生只会长一次手指
and if you don’t, you miss out.
如果你没手指 那就是错过了那个阶段
But more importantly, there is the print, which is very special. Very unique.
然而最重要的是你手指上的指纹 它们非常独特
And forever tied to your identity, forever.
你的指纹永远和你的身份绑定在一起
So, no fingerprints. A one way ticket, to a new identity.
所以 如果没有指纹的话 你就能获得一个新的身份
There is a lot of responsibility that comes with what you touch.
你接触到的东西会带来很多责任
Are your marks beautiful or hideous? There is a care to it, and there is a science,
你的指纹好看与否 有人会关心 其中也蕴含着科学
and each person has a fingerprint, so we all judge people by it.
每个人都有相应的指纹 我们通过它来判断
I asked someone with beautiful prints, and all they said was,
我问那些有好看指纹的人 他们只说
“well, instead of cutting off your fingertips…”
好吧 与其剪掉你的指尖
“… why don’t you just do something else?”
不如你做些别的事情
But that’s very easy to say when you have it all figured out.
但只有把一切都搞清楚后 才能轻易说出这些话
So yes, I would love to do something else, and I can do that right after.
没错 是的 我很想做一些其他的事 我也可以马上去做
So I asked an expert in the field if I should do this, and they said,
我问一个这方面的专家 我是否应该这样做 他们说
“isn’t lacking fingertips it’s own kind of fingerprint?”
没有指尖是不是也算是一种指纹
Yes, opposite the fingerprint. Exactly what I want, yes, glad you agree.
是的 没有指纹 这就是我想要的 很高兴咱俩意见一致
But then I ran out of meaningful people,
但后来 我找不到如此深刻的人了
and I had to ask you about this. And you gave me a very careless question.
我不得不问你这个问题 你满不在乎地回了我另一个问题
“Why do you care about this, no one else thinks about this.”
你为什么要想这个 别人都没想过这个
Which was really, quite, pointless, stupid, careless. A complete lack of understanding.
这个问题实在是毫无意义 愚蠢 冷漠 压根不理解我
But then you asked me a very strange question.
然后你又问了我一个奇怪的问题
“What about your toes, are you willing to give them a shot?”
你的脚趾头呢 你也要剪掉他们吗
Toes.
脚趾头
Toeprints.
脚趾头的指纹
I have never in my life, thought about my toeprints.
我这辈子从来没有想过我脚趾头的指纹
Is this valuable to me, or should I be worried right now?
它们很重要吗 是否现在我也要为此发愁了
I mean, I can cover my toes.
毕竟 我可以盖住我的脚趾头
Actually, I do cover my toes.
事实上 我确实会盖住我的脚趾头
And this is… curious, but I have never exposed myself like this before.
这有点奇怪 我之前从未暴露过身体的这一部分
Toetips have toeprints?
脚趾头也有指纹吗
I…

I never knew…
我从来没想过
… It’s nice but …
这挺好的 只不过
Am I supposed to be satisfied with this?
我应该对此感到满意吗
Because I’m happy with the toeprints, don’t get me wrong, I really appreciate it
因为我对脚趾纹很满意 别误会 我真的很感激它们
But I have to admit…
但我不得不承认
I feel as if I’d exchanged one set of expectation for another
我似乎把对指纹的某种想法转移到脚趾纹上了
and I can’t say I feel great about it
但我感觉并不好
I’ve thought about this for a long time,
关于指尖 我已经想了很久了
so how am I suddenly supposed to just, Stop thinking about fingertips?
我怎么能突然不想指尖的事呢
Prints.
指纹
Tracing lines.
痕迹线
My entire life, I’ve been chasing after… “being”.
我的一生 都在追求 “存在”
Following my own path, doing what’s good for me, and being, as honest as I can be.
走自己的路 做对自己有益的事 尽可能诚实
But the more honest I try to be, the more dishonest everything else becomes.
但我越努力变诚实 其他事情就愈加变得不值得信任
I was so different back then when it first started.
以前的时候 我和现在很不一样
I had barely given any of this any thought. But things were different back then!
我几乎没想过这些 但当时的情况也很不一样
The freedom to do what I wanted, was slowly exchanged with my role.
做我想做的事情的自由 慢慢地和我的角色交换了
The possibilities available to me, what people think of what I do, and who those people are.
我所拥有的可能性 人们对我所做的事情的看法 以及这些人是谁
The expectations changed, and I changed, and they changed…
我的期望变了 我变了 他们也变了
and in a way… my fingerprints…
在某种程度上 我的指纹
changed too…
也变了
That as I looked out, and saw the changes around me,
当我向外看 看到我周围的变化时
each line began to shift in meaning, possibility and beauty.
每一条线的意义 可能性和美感都开始发生变化
…I just wanted to make things right . I wanted… Permanent. Marks.
我想让事情重回正轨 我想要永远不变的指纹
So it’s now so strange to think.
所以奇怪的是
That even something as permanent as a fingerprint. …
一些即使像指纹一样永恒的东西
Is always moving.
也会慢慢改变
Always changing in every way conceivable.
总是以各种可以想象的方式发生变化
… At this point, I am willing to admit;
现在 我愿意承认
… That it might not be a good idea… to cut off my fingertips…
剪掉我的手指头可能不是一个好主意
… But I burned for this question.
但我对这个问题很感兴趣
… And soon it will only be a lingering thought.
而且很快 它就变成一个挥之不去的想法了
Nothing’s right
没什么是对的
And that’s terrifying.
这很可怕
Fingertips.
指尖
Maybe I should cut them off.
或许我还是应该剪掉它们

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

本视频围绕一个奇怪的问题“我应该剪掉我的指尖吗”讲述了作者对人生的思考。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Jessie

审核员

审核员SF

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iEBSO2kZbo

相关推荐