未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

登顶各大洲最高峰只为女性应有的权力

She Summited Each Continent’s Highest Mountain To Empower Women | Nat Geo Live

我决定为本国的妇女出一份力
I work for the women in my country
她们面对险峻陡峭的群山
who are facing crazy mountains
甚至没有无法踏出一步
without even having to step on a mountain.
所以我决定发起一项活动去
And I thought of a campaign to go
翻越世界上每一块大陆的最高山峰
climb the highest mountain of every continent
以便人们了解到翻越高山的艰辛
in the world, knowing that the struggle in the mountain
和某些挣扎一样
was so parallel to the struggle
也就是女性在社会上面临的
that women face in society.
(观众鼓掌)
(audience clapping)
我喜欢外出和攀爬
I like to get outside and climb things.
主要是爬山,但是我小时候
Mainly mountains, but when I was little
想要爬山是很困难的
the climbing scene was very different.
大约六七岁的时候
I was about six or seven,
我住在孟加拉国的
and I was living in this part of Bangladesh,
一个叫库纳的地方 离孙德尔本斯很近
called Khulna which is very near
也许你听说过
The Sundarbans, the largest mangrove forest in the world
孙德尔本斯是世界上最大的红树林
that you may have heard of.
这是我第一次看见白人
And this is the first time when I saw white people,
当我在族长办公室见到这些外国人的时候
when my fathers office received these foreigners,
我那时根本不会说英语
and I didn’t know how to speak English at that time.
我过于兴奋
I was overly excited,
官员有个小女儿
the officer had a little girl
她正在玩
who had a very nice, ring-like thing around her
一个环装很漂亮的东西
that she was playing with,
后来我弄明白那原来是个呼啦圈
later on I found out it was a hula hoop,
很多年之后
many years later.
所以我想变得很酷 我想加入其中
So I wanted to be cool, I wanted to fit in,
而且我显然过于兴奋了
and I was obviously very excited,
所以我开始和她一起玩呼啦圈
and I started playing with it, with her,
用手语或者其他一些符合和她交流
in sign language, whatever.
然后一位阿姨 (在我们这里有很多阿姨)
And this auntie, we have a lot of aunties
她们负责指导我们
in our society who dictate things for us,
突然呵斥我 用孟加拉语斥责我
snapped at me and said (yelling in Bangla).
这些话在孟加拉语里是侮辱人的
Which is so derogatory in Bangla
甚至无法翻译成英语
that it cannot even be translated in English,
不过总而言之 她的意思是
but what it sums up is that “a good girl
#一个教养好的女孩不应该摇臀#
“shouldn’t be shaking their hips.”
(观众笑声)
(crowd laughter)
我也想成为一个教养好的女孩
And I wanted to be a good girl,
所以我放下呼啦圈 再也没有玩过它
and I kept down the hula and I never played with it.
同时 我也被禁止骑自行车
I was also asked to stop biking, cycling,
因为我可能会因此失去贞洁
because I would lose my virginity.
当然还有一些其他的迷信 我信以为真
And there are many other taboos that I believed.
孟加拉共和国 这是一个极端之地
Bangladesh, it’s a land of extremities.
光明 黑暗
Light, and darkness.
这是拥有1.7亿人口的国家
It’s a nation of 170 million people approaching.
如你所见 我们并没有众多山脉
We don’t have many mountains as you can see.
我们傍水而生 而非生于群山之中
We don’t have any mountains, we live in water.
但是当我年幼之时
But when I was a child some amazing,
发生了一些重大灾难
crazy disastrous events happened in my life.
在我成年之前 我就失去了自己的家园
I lost my home even before I was a teenager.
父母离异 他们争夺抚养权
My parents divorced and there was a custody battle,
结果我无家可归
and I was homeless as a result.
所以 年幼的我不得不成为大人
Very early on I had to, as a child, become an adult,
为自己承担责任
take responsibility of basically my existence.
但是 我依然很感激
But it was these experiences
所经历的种种
that I’m very grateful for.
还有那些攀爬过的山
These mountains that I climbed,
因为这些经历
because those are the experiences
促使我去追求更好的教育
that made me pursue a better education.
我继续追求其他职业
I went on to pursue another career
为其他人保卫家园作斗争
fighting for other people’s homes.
不管是饱受严重虐待
Whether that was for women who were severely abused,
或被驱赶的妇女 本土人民
or ostracized, or for indigenous people
生活在疯狂政体下
living under crazy regimes,
或是无家可归的难民
or refugees without a nation.
其中一次特别的友谊和联系
And it was my one particular friendship
使我陷入麻烦
and connection that got me into a lot of trouble.
不只是在中国或西藏
Not just in China or Tibet,
在孟加拉国也是如此
but at home in Bangladesh.
作为一个活动家
As an activist who was working and was very
致力于提高西藏人权的
involved with human rights work in Tibet,
我,我的远房亲戚,同事
me and my distant relatives, colleagues,
被追捕
my tribe, basically, in Bangladesh, was being hounded,
被孟加拉国的情报机构
by intelligence forces in Bangladesh
一直以来
all the time, for years.
我的家人以我为耻
My family was basically very ashamed of me,
就是这段时间
but it was during this period when I found the mountains
我发现山成为治愈自我的避难所
as a refuge to heal myself,
同时在这段时间 我真正明白了
but also it was during this time that I really understood
家的含义
the definition of what home means.
然后我问自己“孟加拉真正感动我的地方在哪”
And I ask myself “what is it about Bangladesh
它让我引以为豪的地方在哪
“that really inspires me? That I feel proud of?”
那些身处每项活动最前沿的女性
And it was the women who were in the forefront
不论是解放运动
of every movement, whether it was our liberation movement,
独立运动或是其他运动
our independence movement, or other movements,
这些女性定义了孟加拉国
women were what defined Bangladesh.
2011年,孟加拉国独立40周年
So as Bangladesh approached 40 years in 2011,
举行了很多庆祝活动
there were all kinds of celebration being planned,
我决定发起一项活动
and I thought of a campaign to go
爬遍世界上每一个大陆的最高峰
climb the highest mountain of every continent in the world,
因为我认为这象征着
because I thought symbolically it was
把孟加拉带到世界的每个角落
taking Bangladesh to all corners of the globe.
与我而言
And also personally, just knowing that
攀爬山峰时的困难
the struggle in the mountain was so parallel
与女性在社会上面临的困难是类似的
to the struggle that women face in society.
所以 在上世纪80年代早期 七大高峰首次被加拿大登山运动员
So The Seven Summits was first postulated
帕特里克·莫罗 设立
by a Canadian mountaineer, Patrick Morrow,
在80年代初,他在1996年完成了这项任务
in the early 80s, and after he finished in 1996,
此后 数百人已经成功完成任务
almost hundreds of people have accomplished it.
然而 在这之中
But out of that,
只有32到35名女性
only 32 to 35 were women,
几乎全是西方人
mostly Westerners.
当我第一次思考这个问题的时候
When I first thought of this I obviously
很明显我没有财政基金
didn’t have the monetary funds.
最终我说服两位不同的银行董事
I ended up convincing the board of two different banks
完全基于信任 为我银行贷款
to give me bank loans totally based on trust.
这件不可思议的事情真的发生了
This magical thing started happening,
所有的担保人
all these guardian angels,
还有那些愿意伸出援助之手的人
and just people who wanted to help out
以他们平凡的方式
in their small ways,
开始帮助我们
started reaching out.
一位富有的 刚逃离一段婚姻关系的女士
A rich woman who recently got out of a relationship,
你获得了一笔休妻费
and you get talaq money, which is a divorce sum
作为你从丈夫那里得到的离婚赔偿。
that you get from your husband,
她把这笔钱全部给了我 并且说
she gave that all to me and said
请在山巅解救我的灵魂。
“Please go free my soul on the summit.”

I was like “wow!”
我受到了极大的鼓舞 然后我收到一份邮件
And I was so inspired, and then I got an email
它来自我先前在西藏时的同事Nima Dorje
from my former colleague in the Tibetan movement,
他说 哦 顺便 帕特里克•莫罗
Nima Dorje, says “Oh, by the way, Patrick Morrow
就住在我旁边 你想不想追随他?
“lives just by me, do you wanna hook up with him?”
因此 我写信给他还有帕特里克和Baiba
So I write to him and Patrick and Baiba, his wife,
他的老婆 邀请我来加拿大和他们一起训练。
invites me to Canada to train with them.
他为我制订了强制性的计划
He set this really hardcore regime for me,
给我介绍不同的人
and then he connected me to different people
他们来自7个洲 他这么做让事情变的简单
in the seven continents, which made things easier.
但是我在意的是
But mind you,
孟加拉国几乎没有外交关系
Bangladesh doesn’t have a diplomatic relationship
与这些大多数的地方
with almost majority of these places,
所以去这些地方将会有巨大的
so going to a lot of these places was
后勤障碍
just huge logistical barriers.
但是我们相继完成了五座峰会的攀,
But I ended up finishing five of the seven summits
在接下来的一年半里
in the next one and a half years,
包括 珠穆朗玛峰 或者称为埃佛勒斯峰。
including Chomolungma, or Mount Everest.
我很受启发 这对于我个人来说是非常的治愈的
I was so inspired, it was personally very healing for me.
至少可以说 这是残酷而孤独的旅行
It was brutally lonely journey, to say the least.
在改过去的这四年 我经历了
But in the last four years, I’ve gone through
重重困难
every extreme situation,
吃食物时中毒
from eating my own (bleep), and poisoning myself,
因为我的营地被破坏后
because my camp got totally destroyed,
厕所与吃东西的地方混合在一起,
and my toilet got mixed with my food,
在巴布亚用赎金去换回被俘虏的好朋友们
to getting held captive in Papua, and held for ransom,
解救他们
to losing my best friends,
我在过去的五年中丢失了4个最好的朋友
I lost four of my best friends in the last five years,
当你在地震中醒来
waking up to earthquakes and having everything
你知道有些东西已经消失了
that you knew being lost,
当我们被严重冻伤时 当我们的医疗费在一个国家用尽时
to getting frostbites and ending up with medical bills
这就像美国没有医疗保险一样
in a country like the states without medical insurance,
虽然我在整个旅途中经历身体剧烈疼痛
and going through intense physical pain,
但是这整个旅程给了我意义
but this whole journey gave me a vantage point
能从不一样的角度看地球
to see the earth from a perspective
作为我国家1亿7千万人里的一个
that one out of 170 million in my country
能够看见这景象
has been able to see.
所以 我非常的感激 这使我了解的更多
So I’m very grateful, and I learned a lot.
我从这种经历中受到了很大的影响
I got to reflect a lot on the human experience,
这种经历是无可复制的
nothing will ever be the same for me,
你能看到 我拍了很多照片
I took, as you can see, a bunch of selfies,
这些照片告诉你我有多么孤独
which is a pure indicator how lonely you are.
(大笑声)
(crowd laughter)
这时候我就会想起被困在
This is the time when I was stuck in the infamous
交通拥挤的希拉里
Hillary Step in a traffic jam,
我在想这种交通拥挤的情况只存在在孟加拉国
and I thought traffic jams only existed in Bangladesh.
(大笑声)
(crowd laughter)
但是每当我陷入谷底时
But whenever I would hit rock bottom,
我就会想起我的妈妈咱家等着我
I would remind myself of the women at home,
出乎意料的这使我充满新的力量
and the struggles that they would go through,
走出这个困境
and that would hug me with a newfound energy,
我终于在2015年登顶
and I finally managed in 2015 to accomplish a feat
让我成为第一个到达的孟加拉人
which by default made me the first Bangladeshi,
这还不是我的目标
that was not my goal.
还记得呼啦吗?
Remember that hula?
(大笑)
(crowd laughter)
我在第七大峰跳呼啦
I took this hula hoop to The Seven Summits,
我现在有了腰身 我还可以扭腰
I have a waist now and I can shake it,
但这不单单是关于扭腰的
but it was not about that,
这是关于恢复被剥夺的东西
it was about reclaiming back what was taken
在我童年时
away from me as a girl child,
我想让所有和我一样的女孩能做她们想做的事
and I want to make that possible for every other girl
在我国家 我的地区
that exists in my country, and in my region.
其他的转变也在发生
The other transformation that happened
当我登上珠穆朗玛峰时
is when I came down Everest,
每个人厌恶我的人重新回到我生命中
everyone who detested me came back in my life.
家人 警察
Family members, politicians who sent intelligence,
那时我意识到
and that’s exactly when I realized,
哇 攀登上最高峰解决了
“wow, climbing mountains solved so many
社会上许多的问题
“problems in this society?”
我当初会知道吗 我会
Had I known that, I would be pursuing this
一年里收获这么多
probably a year many moons ago.
之后我收到许多公司
And I got all kinds of company offers,
银行想取消欠我的欠款
banks wanted to pay off the debt by themselves,
我还收到许多的求婚
I got a lot of marriage proposals.
(大笑声)
(crowd laughter)
求婚后是个人资料
Marriage proposals at home come with a biodata
你的工作是什么
how you would apply in a job.
我做了自己的资料
So I made my own biodata, and because it comes
他们求婚资料上有他们的照片和他们挣多少钱
with a mugshot of the groom, and how much they earn,
他们父母做什么
and what their father does, and mother does.
我的资料像这样 每次都奏效
So mine looks like this, and every time this works.
(大笑声)
(crowd laughter)
把这些话总结一下 这世上有许多另一种女孩
To sum it up, there are many other girls
她们需要攀爬她们自己的高山
who need to climb their own mountains.
现在我正在做的 是利用这场运动的势头
And what I’m doing now is using the momentum
来获得有助于我的基金会 Ösel 的支援
of the campaign to gain support towards my foundation,
Ösel是一个教育中心
Ösel, and it’s an alternate education center,
中心融合了最新的关于内心训练的科学发现
which combines the latest scientific finding
将它和”正念”结合起来
about mind-training, and combines it with mindfulness,
通过各种大自然训练(来教育女性)
and training in nature through various activities.
Ösel是一项有意将平等带
Ösel is a conscious movement to bring balance
进大自然 进而赋予女性权利
to mother nature by empowering women
点燃她们内心的光的运动
to harness their inner luminosity.
谢谢你们!
Thank you so much.
(观众鼓掌)
(crowd clapping)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

infinite-Z

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbIyLQ-C5Yw

相关推荐