ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

新形态科技的界面工具 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

新形态科技的界面工具

Shape-shifting tech will change work as we know it | Sean Follmer

我们发明了工具 工具也影响着我们
We’ve evolved with tools,and tools have evolved with us.
150万年前 我们的祖先创造了这些掌上手斧
Our ancestors created thesehand axes 1.5 million years ago,
把它们打磨的得不仅适用于手工活计
shaping them to not onlyfit the task at hand
也适合用手操作
but also their hand.
然而 过了这么多年
However, over the years,
工具变得越来越专业化
tools have becomemore and more specialized.
这些雕刻工具经过人们的使用不断改变着
These sculpting toolshave evolved through their use,
每一种都有与它们的作用相对应的不同的形状
and each one has a different formwhich matches its function.
它们最大程度地利用了我们双手的灵活性
And they leveragethe dexterity of our hands
使得我们在操纵它们时更加精确
in order to manipulate thingswith much more precision.
但是当工具变得越来越复杂
But as tools have becomemore and more complex,
我们需要控制它们的方式也变复杂了
we need more complex controlsto control them.
所以设计师们致力于开发一些交互界面
And so designers have becomevery adept at creating interfaces
让你在操纵的同时 还能致力于其他事情
that allow you to manipulate parameterswhile you’re attending to other things,
比如你可以在照相的同时调整焦距
such as taking a photographand changing the focus
或者调整光圈
or the aperture.
但是计算机的出现从根本上改变了我们对工具的认识
But the computer has fundamentallychanged the way we think about tools
因为它的计算是动态的
because computation is dynamic.
所以它可以做很多不同的事情
So it can do a million different things
可以运行很多不同的应用程序
and run a million different applications.
然而 计算机有着它固定的外形
However, computers havethe same static physical form
这对于所有那些不同的应用程序都是一样的
for all of these different applications
和人交互的界面也是静态的
and the same staticinterface elements as well.
我认为这根本上存在问题
And I believe that thisis fundamentally a problem,
因为这样就无法用手去体验计算机交互的过程
because it doesn’t really allow usto interact with our hands
也无法体现人体的灵活性
and capture the rich dexteritythat we have in our bodies.
我的理念是 我们必然需要新的交互界面
And my belief is that, then,we must need new types of interfaces
能利用我们多种能力的
that can capture theserich abilities that we have
能完全适应我们的需要的
and that can physically adapt to us
能让我们以新的方式进行互动的
and allow us to interact in new ways.
因此这就是我之前一直在MIT媒体实验室
And so that’s what I’ve been doingat the MIT Media Lab
以及现在在斯坦福从事的工作
and now at Stanford.
我和我的同事Daniel Leithinger和Hiroshi Ishii
So with my colleagues,Daniel Leithinger and Hiroshi Ishii,
我们一起创造了inFORM
we created inFORM,
它让界面真正地脱离了屏幕
where the interface can actuallycome off the screen
你可以亲手操控它
and you can physically manipulate it.
也可以亲眼看到在物理上可视化的3D信息
Or you can visualize3D information physically
并且通过触摸它感知它来以全新的方式了解它
and touch it and feel itto understand it in new ways.
或者你可以通过手势和直接改变它的形状与它互动
Or you can interact through gesturesand direct deformations
来雕塑虚拟粘土
to sculpt digital clay.
组成界面的元素能够从其表面升起
Or interface elements can ariseout of the surface
并且根据需求变化
and change on demand.
这样设计的目的是对每个应用
And the idea is that for eachindividual application,
它的外部形态可以与应用相匹配
the physical form can be matchedto the application.
我相信这代表了一种全新的交互方式
And I believe this represents a new way
通过把信息物理化
that we can interact with information,
我们可以与之互动
by making it physical.
那么问题来了 我们如何使用它呢?
So the question is, how can we use this?
习惯上 为了更好的了解布局 城市规划人员和建筑师
Traditionally, urban plannersand architects build physical models
会建造城市和建筑的外观模型
of cities and buildingsto better understand them.
我们与媒体实验室的Tony Tang一起 创造了一个建立在inFORM上的界面
So with Tony Tang at the Media Lab,we created an interface built on inFORM
使得城市规划者们得以设计和展望整个城市
to allow urban plannersto design and view entire cities.
现在你可以在它周边走动 但是它是动态的 是实体的
And now you can walk around it,but it’s dynamic, it’s physical,
你还能直接跟它互动
and you can also interact directly.
或者你从不同的角度看待它
Or you can look at different views,
比如人口数量或者交通信息
such as population or traffic information,
但是它被做成了一个实体
but it’s made physical.
我们还相信这些动态形状的展示会真正改变
We also believe that these dynamicshape displays can really change
人们远程合作的方式
the ways that we remotelycollaborate with people.
所以当我们在一起面对面工作时
So when we’re working together in person,
但是它被做成了一个实体。
I’m not only looking at your face
我还可以打手势和操纵物品
but I’m also gesturingand manipulating objects,
这些是在你使用Skype这类工具很难做到的
and that’s really hard to dowhen you’re using tools like Skype.
所以使用inFORM 你可以触及屏幕以外的东西
And so using inFORM,you can reach out from the screen
并且远距离操控物品
and manipulate things at a distance.
所以我们用移动的指针来表示人的手
So we used the pins of the displayto represent people’s hands,
使人们能够真正远程触碰和操作物品
allowing them to actually touchand manipulate objects at a distance.
你也可以在3D数据集合上操作和合作
And you can also manipulateand collaborate on 3D data sets as well,
你可以对它们打手势 也可以操纵它们
so you can gesture around themas well as manipulate them.
这就让人们可以用比传统方式更多元的方式
And that allows people to collaborateon these new types of 3D information
实现在这种新型3D信息上的合作
in a richer way than mightbe possible with traditional tools.
你还可以在上面放置一些现存的物品
And so you can alsobring in existing objects,
它们会在一边被识别出来 然后把信息传输到另一边
and those will be captured on one sideand transmitted to the other.
或者你让一件东西两边连通
Or you can have an object that’s linkedbetween two places,
比如 我在一边移动一个球
so as I move a ball on one side,
这个球会在另一边也移动起来
the ball moves on the other as well.
我们通过捕捉操作者的动作来实现这些
And so we do this by capturingthe remote user
而这由一个可感测空间深度的摄像机完成 类似微软的Kinect
using a depth-sensing cameralike a Microsoft Kinect.
现在你也许想知道这一切是如何运作的
Now, you might be wonderinghow does this all work,
本质上来说 它是把900个线性传动器
and essentially, what it is,is 900 linear actuators
全部连通到这些机械联动装置上
that are connected to thesemechanical linkages
好让下面的动作能被传送到 上面的这些方块上来
that allow motion down hereto be propagated in these pins above.
所以跟CERN做的事情比起来 它其实没有那么复杂
So it’s not that complexcompared to what’s going on at CERN,
但是我们把它做出来确实花费了不少时间
but it did take a long timefor us to build it.
全部连通到这些机械联动装置上,
And so we started with a single motor,
一个线性传动器
a single linear actuator,
然后定制了一个电路板来控制它们
and then we had to designa custom circuit board to control them.
剩下的就是我们需要做很多同样的装置
And then we had to make a lot of them.
问题是 当你需要做900件相同的东西时
And so the problem with having900 of something
你要重复每个制作步骤900次
is that you have to doevery step 900 times.
这意味着我们有大量的工作要做
And so that meant that we hada lot of work to do.
因此 我们在媒体实验室 建立了一个小型的“血汗工厂”
So we sort of set upa mini-sweatshop in the Media Lab
招募了一些本科生 并说服他们这是在参与“研究”
and brought undergrads in and convincedthem to do “research” —
[笑声]
(Laughter)
之后便有了在深夜 看着电影 吃着披萨
and had late nightswatching movies, eating pizza
拧着成千上万的螺丝的场景
and screwing in thousands of screws.
你们懂的 搞研究嘛
You know — research.
[笑声]
(Laughter)
但不管怎样 我们都对inFORM能够带来的
But anyway, I think that we werereally excited by the things
各种可能性感到十分激动
that inFORM allowed us to do.
如今 我们越来越多地使用移动设备 便于出行时交流
Increasingly, we’re using mobile devices,and we interact on the go.
然而移动设备 就像电脑
But mobile devices, just like computers,
有很多种不同的用途
are used for so manydifferent applications.
你可以用它们打电话
So you use them to talk on the phone,
上网 玩游戏 照相
to surf the web, to play games,to take pictures
甚至更多不同的事
or even a million different things.
然而移动设备,就像电脑,
But again, they have the samestatic physical form
对每一个不同的应用来讲都一样
for each of these applications.
所以 我们想知道如何能将这些
And so we wanted to know how can we takesome of the same interactions
为inFORM研发的交互行为
that we developed for inFORM
甚至更多不同的事。
and bring them to mobile devices.
因此在斯坦福 我们创造了一个触觉边缘显示器
So at Stanford, we createdthis haptic edge display,
它是一个有着一排线性传动器的手机
which is a mobile devicewith an array of linear actuators
这排传动器可以改变形状
that can change shape,
当你用手机阅读时可以通过感受 它的形状变化了解自己读到哪里了
so you can feel in your handwhere you are as you’re reading a book.
它放在口袋里时 你也可以感受到这种新的
Or you can feel in your pocketnew types of tactile sensations
比单纯震动更丰富的触感
that are richer than the vibration.
为方便操作 按钮会从侧面浮出
Or buttons can emerge from the sidethat allow you to interact
你可以指定它们的位置
where you want them to be.
你也可以在玩游戏时拥有真正的按钮了
Or you can play gamesand have actual buttons.
这些能够实现是通过
And so we were able to do this
在装置内部嵌入40个微型线性执行器
by embedding 40 small, tinylinear actuators inside the device,
让操作者不仅能触摸按钮
and that allow you not only to touch them
还能反向操纵它们
but also back-drive them as well.
为了创造更复杂的形状变化 我们还研究了其他方式
But we’ve also looked at other waysto create more complex shape change.
我们使用气动装置创造了一个变体设备
So we’ve used pneumatic actuationto create a morphing device
使用时可以把它弄成一个电话的形状
where you can go from somethingthat looks a lot like a phone …
也可以弄成一个腕带随身佩戴
to a wristband on the go.
与媒体实验室的Ken Nakagaki一起
And so together with Ken Nakagakiat the Media Lab,
我们创造了这个新的 高分辨率版本
we created this newhigh-resolution version
它内置一排伺服马达 使得它可以从一个有交互功能的腕带
that uses an array of servomotorsto change from interactive wristband
变成一个可触摸输入的设备
to a touch-input device
再变成一个电话
to a phone.
[笑声]
(Laughter)
我们还乐于尝试
And we’re also interestedin looking at ways
让用户能真正意义上改变界面的形态
that users can actuallydeform the interfaces
把它们打造成自己想要的样子
to shape them into the devicesthat they want to use.
你可以把它捏成一个游戏手柄
So you can make somethinglike a game controller,
然后系统就会识别它当前的形态
and then the system will understandwhat shape it’s in
从而调整成相应的模式
and change to that mode.
那么 我们这么做的意义何在呢?
So, where does this point?
这个创意的前景是什么?
How do we move forward from here?
我认为 我们当前所处的
I think, really, where we are today
然后系统就会识别它当前的形态,
is in this new ageof the Internet of Things,
计算机无处不在
where we have computers everywhere —
在我们口袋里 挂在墙上
they’re in our pockets,they’re in our walls,
在未来五年之内几乎每个你会买的设备里
they’re in almost every devicethat you’ll buy in the next five years.
但设想 如果我们暂且不考虑这些设备
But what if we stoppedthinking about devices
去关心一下我们的环境呢?
and think instead about environments?
我们如何设计出智能家具
And so how can we have smart furniture
智能房间 智能的生活环境或城市
or smart rooms or smart environments
能够完全适应我们实际的生活需求
or cities that can adapt to us physically,
允许我们以新的方式与他人交互合作
and allow us to do new waysof collaborating with people
实现一些新的功能呢?
and doing new types of tasks?
因此 在米兰设计周上 我们展出了TRANSFORM
So for the Milan Design Week,we created TRANSFORM,
它是一个之前展示过的 可变交互界面的桌面版本
which is an interactive table-scaleversion of these shape displays,
它可以在其表面上移动物品
which can move physical objectson the surface; for example,
比如提醒你拿钥匙
reminding you to take your keys.
它也可以变形 以便与你进行其他方式的交流
But it can also transformto fit different ways of interacting.
比如 如果你要工作
So if you want to work,
它会将表面变形成你的工作台
then it can change to sort ofset up your work system.
你要拿一个设备过来时
And so as you bring a device over,
它会设置一个你放设备要用的支撑物
it creates all the affordances you need
并且塑造一些其他东西帮助你完成工作
and brings other objectsto help you accomplish those goals.
总的来说
So, in conclusion,
我真的认为我们要思考一种新的 从根本意义上不同的
I really think that we need to thinkabout a new, fundamentally different way
与计算机互动的方式
of interacting with computers.
我们需要计算机完全的适应我们
We need computersthat can physically adapt to us
而且是以我们期待的方式来适应我们
and adapt to the waysthat we want to use them
真正利用我们双手丰富的灵巧度
and really harness the rich dexteritythat we have of our hands,
以及我们通过把信息空间实体化去看问题的能力
and our ability to think spatiallyabout information by making it physical.
但展望未来时 我认为我们需要再跨越一步 跨越这些设备
But looking forward, I think we needto go beyond this, beyond devices,
认真思考我们如何把人们聚集在一起
to really think about new waysthat we can bring people together,
把我们的想法传递给这个世界
and bring our information into the world,
并考虑如何创造一个能从物理上适应我们的智能环境
and think about smart environmentsthat can adapt to us physically.
我的演讲结束
So with that, I will leave you.
非常感谢你们
Thank you very much.
[掌声]
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

科技改变生活,而新形态科技将会怎样改变我们的工作方式呢?inFORM,这是一种变形表面,能让用户以一种有趣的方式与数字产品互动

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Ljimnn

审核员

审核团O

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sheoGMsy3Q

相关推荐