未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)

成功的8字秘密

Secrets of success in 8 words, 3 minutes | Richard St. John

这是我给高中学生做的一个两小时的演讲 真的
This is really a two-hour presentation I give to high school students,
最后剪切成了三分钟
cut down to three minutes.
这都起因于七年前在飞机上的某天
And it all started one day on a plane, on my way to TED,
在我去TED的路上
seven years ago.
当时坐在我旁边的是个高中生 青少年
And in the seat next to me was a high school student, a teenager,
她生在一个超级穷的家庭里
and she came from a really poor family.
但她想在她的生活里有所作为
And she wanted to make something of her life,
然后她问了我一个很简单的小问题
and she asked me a simple little question.
她说 “成功是怎么产生的呢?”
She said, “What leads to success?”
我当时感觉很糟
And I felt really badly,
因为我没法给她一个满意的答案
because I couldn’t give her a good answer.
接着我下了飞机 然后到了TED
So I get off the plane, and I come to TED.
然后我就想 呀 我在一个满是成功人士的中间
And I think, jeez, I’m in the middle of a room of successful people!
那么 为什么我不问问他们是什么让他们成功的啊
So why don’t I ask them what helped them succeed,
然后再把成功的原因告诉孩子们?
and pass it on to kids?
所以才有了现在这个演讲 7年的时间 采访了500个成功人士
So here we are, seven years, 500 interviews later,
现在我要告诉你们成功到底是怎么回事
and I’m going to tell you what really leads to success
还有是什么让TED的人一直存在着
and makes TEDsters tick.
第一个就是热情
And the first thing is passion.
傅雷曼·托马斯说 “热情驱使着我”
Freeman Thomas says, “I’m driven by my passion.”
TED人因热爱而工作 而不是为了钱
TEDsters do it for love; they don’t do it for money.
卡罗尔·克莱塔说 “我会付钱让别人替我工作”
Carol Coletta says, “I would pay someone to do what I do.”
有趣的是
And the interesting thing is:
如果你是因热爱它而工作 钱早晚也会有的
if you do it for love, the money comes anyway.
工作 鲁伯特·默克多曾说 “成功全归因于努力工作”
Work! Rupert Murdoch said to me, “It’s all hard work.
“什么都不容易 但是我感觉很快乐”
Nothing comes easily. But I have a lot of fun.”
他说他快乐了吗? 鲁伯特? 是的
Did he say fun? Rupert? Yes!
[笑声]
(Laughter)
TED人工作时也快乐 而且很努力
TEDsters do have fun working. And they work hard.
我想 他们不是工作狂 他们是工作玩家
I figured, they’re not workaholics. They’re workafrolics.
[笑声]
(Laughter)
做到优秀
Good!
[掌声]
(Applause)
艾力克斯·戈登说 “成功就是全身心的投入到某事中”
Alex Garden says, “To be successful, put your nose down in something
“并且把它做到最好”
and get damn good at it.”
根本没有魔法 就是练习 练习 再练习
There’s no magic; it’s practice, practice, practice.
还有专注
And it’s focus.
诺尔曼·朱伊森曾对我说
Norman Jewison said to me,
“我认为最重要的是专心在一件事上”
“I think it all has to do with focusing yourself on one thing.”
然后就是努力 激励 鞭策
And push!
戴维·加洛说 “鞭策你自己”
David Gallo says, “Push yourself.
身体上的 精神上的 你都要不断的努力 鞭策 激励
Physically, mentally, you’ve got to push, push, push.”
最后你会变得不再羞怯 不再自我怀疑
You’ve got to push through shyness and self-doubt.
戈尔迪·霍恩说 “我总是自我怀疑”
Goldie Hawn says, “I always had self-doubts.
觉得自己不够优秀 也不够聪明
I wasn’t good enough; I wasn’t smart enough.
“我从不觉得我可以做到”
I didn’t think I’d make it.”
现在 自我鞭策也不简单
Now it’s not always easy to push yourself,
所以世上才会有妈妈们这种发明
and that’s why they invented mothers.
[笑声]
(Laughter)
[鼓掌]
(Applause)
弗兰克·格里曾对我说
Frank Gehry said to me,
“我妈妈之前总激励 鞭策我”
“My mother pushed me.”
[笑声]
(Laughter)
服务
Serve!
舍温·尼兰说 “作为一名医生很光荣”
Sherwin Nuland says, “It was a privilege to serve as a doctor.”
很多孩子都想成为百万富翁
A lot of kids want to be millionaires.
第一个我要说的就是
The first thing I say is:
“好吧 你不能只服务你自己”
“OK, well you can’t serve yourself;
你要去为其它有价值的事服务
you’ve got to serve others something of value.
因为那才是人们富有的原因
Because that’s the way people really get rich.”
思想
Ideas!
TED人 比尔·盖茨说 “我有个想法”
TEDster Bill Gates says, “I had an idea:
“成立第一个微软公司”
founding the first micro-computer software company.”
我必须得说这真是个好主意
I’d say it was a pretty good idea.
对于能想出点子的创造力 没有什么魔力可言
And there’s no magic to creativity in coming up with ideas —
它就在一些简单平常的事情里
it’s just doing some very simple things.
而且我有很多证据 我可以列举出很多例子
And I give lots of evidence.
坚持
Persist!
乔·克劳斯说
Joe Kraus says,
“坚持不懈是成功的第一要素”
“Persistence is the number one reason for our success.”
失败时要坚持 潦倒困顿时也要挺住
You’ve got to persist through failure. You’ve got to persist through crap!
那意思当然是“批评 拒绝 没人要 还有压力”
Which of course means “Criticism, Rejection, Assholes and Pressure.”
[笑声]
(Laughter)
所以 这个问题的答案很简单
So, the answer to this question is simple:
花四千元钱 到TED来
Pay 4,000 bucks and come to TED.
[笑声]
(Laughter)
或退而求其次 做到以上八件事
Or failing that, do the eight things — and trust me,
相信我 这八件重要的事可以让你成功
these are the big eight things that lead to success.
谢谢TED的人们 谢谢接受采访
Thank you TEDsters for all your interviews!
[掌声]
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

是什么让人们成功?这里会有你想要的答案。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

海绵

审核员

W

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6bbMQXQ180

相关推荐