ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

Scott·Cook(Intuit创始人): 品尝惊喜 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

Scott·Cook(Intuit创始人): 品尝惊喜

Scott Cook: Savor the Surprises

惊喜时常会发生。
Surprises will happen.
不要忽视他们。
Don’t ignore them.
享受他们
Savor them.
我不知道这是否是必然,但我们在偶然间发现它。
I didn’t know this at the time, but we found it by accident.
我们开发了Quicken软件,然后
So we built Quicken and then we went out
去了解使用它的人–年龄、人口、收入
to find out who was using it– age, demographics, income,
性别,这些信息
gender, that sort of stuff.
并且在这个活动中出现一个疑问,那就是你该从哪里使用它?
And one question on the survey was where do you use it?
有一半的人们声称他们在办公室使用。
And half the people said they used it in an office.
那是古怪的。
That’s weird.
我们要开发个家用产品。
We built a home product.
他们很有可能会为此付款
They’re probably just taking their bills into the
在办公室,因为他们在家几乎不用电脑。
office because they don’t have a computer at home.
我意思是这从1984年就有了。
I mean this was 1984 at this point.
但是每个接下来的活动都显现了同样的事情。
But every subsequent follow-up survey showed the same thing.
有一半的人曾在办公室运用。
Half the people used it in an office
但是他们使用本国产品。
but they’re using a home product.
它没有意义。
It made no sense.
我们忽略了它。
We ignored it.
我也忽略了。
I ignored it.
然后像五年后,你知道,它困扰着我。
Then like five years later, you know, it bugged me.
为什么人类回答这个问题总是错误呢?
Why are people answering this question wrong?
我们给他们打电话。
So we called them up.
说,你在做什么?
Said, what you doing?
然后我们去看他们看他们在做什么。
And then we went to see them to watch what they’re doing.
原来他们中的大多数并不在办公室做作业。
It turns out most of them weren’t doing homework in the office.
他们保持小公司的商业书籍。
They were keeping business books for a small company.
然后我们问为什么呢?
And we said why?
你为什么使用本国产品?
Why are you using a home product?
你为什么不使用,有会计软件
Why aren’t you using– there’s accounting software out there that
你得到一样便宜作为一个完整的会计软件39美元。
you get as cheap as $39 for a full fledged accounting software.
市场领导者售卖价为59
The market leader sold it $59.
抱歉是49
Excuse me $49.
39和49是两个价格。
$39 and $49 were the two prices.
为什么你们不启用这个东西呢?
Why aren’t you using that stuff?
我们发现了些我们难以置信的事情。
And then we learned something we never imagined.
我们将做一个小调查。
We’ll do a little survey here.
这里有多少人已经一个会计班呢?
How many people here have taken an accounting class?
举起手来。
Raise your hand.
那你们来这里原因是什么?
Who here loved that?
仅仅是热爱?
Just really loved it?
保持你的手。
Keep your hand up.
所以那些放下你的手,你所谓的正常的。
So those of you who put your hands down, you what’s called normal.
会计是500年前发明的这个奇怪的神秘的系统
Accounting is this weird arcane system invented 500 years ago
与一个完全不同的语言借方和贷方和期刊
with a whole different language of debits and credits and journals
和收支总账,那些正常【非专业】人是不会理解的。
and ledgers that normal people don’t understand.
当你看的组成人员
And when you look at the composition of the staff
在一个业务五人或10或12,
in a business of five people or 10 or 12,
他们没有注册会计师知道会计的余地。
they don’t have room for a CPA that knows accounting.
书是由一些不幸的职员
The books are kept by some unfortunate clerk
也许是业务经理或是所有者的伴侣
or office manager or owner’s spouse.
百分之九十的情况下。他们这些人认为这事总分类账簿
And 90% of cases, these are the people think the general ledger,
这是一个会计,
which is an accounting term,
是二战英雄
was a World War II hero.
所以当我们说,
So when we said hey,
我们会记录你的开支
we’ll keep a record of your expenses and
它的工作原理就像你的支票簿,
it works just like your checkbook,
这些人说。嗯哼,我知道。
these people said, ah, I know that.
所以我们说,什么?
So we said, well, what?
我们了解大的事情。
We’ve learned the big thing.
关键问题在于没有解决的会计
The key problem that had not been solved by the accounting
软件产业是使产品可用
software industry was to make the product usable
并通过non-accountants可以理解。
and understandable by non-accountants.
然而,大多数用户non-accountants。
And yet the majority of users were non-accountants.
注意自我——这些公司从来没有研究过他们的用户。
Note to self– those companies had never studied their users.
他们自己从来没算出来。
They’d never figured this out on their own.
事实上,占主导地位的理论如果你跟任何专家,
In fact, the dominant theory if you talked to any expert,
任何会计,是唯一的方法让书在业务
any accountant, was the only way to keep books in a business
是复式会计、正式的会计。
was double entry accounting, formal accounting.
这正是我们所坚信的。
That’s what we believed.
但是只有这个惊喜的无可辩驳的证据,
But only the incontrovertible evidence of this surprise,
当我们尽情享受这份惊喜时,
when we savored this surprise,
我们发现其他东西是真的不同于我们自己的信念。
we found out something else was true different from our own beliefs.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kAKyrRKKz0

相关推荐