ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

Scott·Cook(Intuit创始人): 谦逊的教训 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

Scott·Cook(Intuit创始人): 谦逊的教训

Scott Cook: A Candid Lesson in Humility

有件事是我希望我在很久前就已学会的
There is another thing that I wish I’d learned early on.
不是在1983年 而是在不久之后
Not in 1983, but soon thereafter.
公司在壮大 我们也的确在迅速成长
The company grew and we were really growing fast.
公司也不断扩大
and the company got big.
而且我开始审视我的技能
And I began to see my skills– maybe I wasn’t
或许我进步的不如公司那么快
growing as fast as the company was.
我也能看到我不喜欢做的事
And I could see things I didn’t like to do or were
和讨厌我开始阻碍公司发展
lousy at were starting to hold the company back,
尤其是当我们有500名员工时
particularly when we got to about 500 employees.
个人来讲,我并没有随着公司的发展进步
I wasn’t growing as the company was growing, personally.
因此我在当了11年的CEO后做出一个决定
And so I made the decision after 11 years as CEO that
我应该雇一个拥有我没有的技能的CEO
I should hire a CEO who had the skills I didn’t.
因为我感觉到我在限制了公司的发展
Because I felt I was holding the company back.
在经过所有的思想斗争和痛苦时
And after all those struggles and pains,
我决定我不当伤害我们大家的家伙
I didn’t want to be the guy hurting us.
所以我们雇了一个人
So we hired a guy.
一个很优秀的人
Great guy.
比尔·坎贝尔
Bill Campbell.
你们有些人见过他
Some of you have seen him.
我和他有相同的价值观
He and I have the same values but we’re
但在如何工作上我们完全相反
totally opposite, how we work.
我们是彼此很好的补充
Great complements to each other.
那样的确解决了一段时间的问题
And that solved that problem for a while.
但我还会回头看 说在某种意义上我失败了
But I still look back and say in a sense, I failed.
公司神奇的取得成功
The company succeeded marvelously,
但我没能随着公司发展进步
but I kind of failed at being able to keep growing with the company.
我自己失败了
And I failed myself.
大约在九年前
And about nine years ago,
我注意到我们为一些高管雇了一位高管教练
I noticed we’d hired an executive coach for some of our execs.
教练会外出采访一些
And the coach would go out and interview a bunch
一位高管的合作伙伴 然后搜集杂务
of the co-workers of an exec and get the skivvy.
然后告诉主管
And then tell the exec,
嘿 这就是与你工作的同事
hey, here’s what people you work with– your colleagues,
你的直接报表 这就是他们说的
your direct reports– here’s what they’re saying.
这就是你一直令人敬畏的人
Here’s what you’re awesome at.
而且这是你早该改变的
And here’s what you’ve got to change.
我看着他去执行
And I looked at him to do that.
我说 你知道吗 年轻人
And I said, boy, you know,
我是这里唯一一个没有业绩评价的人
I’m the only guy here that doesn’t get a performance review.
我或许因此受益
I might benefit from that.
所以我让他为我做
So I had him do it for me.
他进来给了我所有的匿名资料
And he came in and gave me the– all anonymized,
我本可以从不用听誰说了什么
so I could never hear who said what.
我的确不在乎别人说什么
I didn’t really care who said what.
但我想知道他们说我什么
I wanted to know what they said about me.
有一些事我做的很好
And there were some things I did well.
但 其他事
But, oh, the other list.
哦 上帝
Oh, god.
有一些事我确实搞砸了
There was stuff I was really screwing up on.
极其地
Badly.
痛苦
Painful.
使团队失去动力 妨碍发展进步
Demotivating teams, getting in the way of progress,
导致人们原地踏步
causing people to cycle,
使团队分心而不是帮助他们集中精力
distracting teams, not helping them focus.
确实有一些不好的事
Oh, there were some bad stuff.
有的 我不知道该怎么办
Some of this I had no idea.
有的 我只是模糊意识到
Others, I was dimly aware of,
但我也只是避开不看因为真的很痛苦
but I was shying away from looking because it was painful.
但是现在和他在一起 就像是实验有了结果
But now with him, it’s like the results of an experiment.
你可以否认实验 但数据摆在那
You can deny the experiment, but the data sits there.
而且我无法否认他说的
And I couldn’t deny what he was saying.
所以我眼含着泪继续前行 我得修复漏洞
So I went on a tear saying, I got to fix this.
我需要改变
I got to change.
所以我才一直和他在一起工作
And so I’ve been working with him since.
我们一起工作我自己也取得了巨大的进步
And together we’ve worked on some– and I’ve made giant progress.
这似乎是九年来最好的事
It’s like the best thing in the last nine years.
所以我的建议是 世界上最重要的事
So my advice is the most important thing
就是改变你自己
in the world to change is yourself.
视自己为一个画布去改变
View yourself as a canvas for change.
因为你离开这里的时候 虽然拥有了一套技能
Because you leave here with one set of skills
和很多学习经验和其它
and a lot to learning and a lot of that.
但没有人从这里出来时有一个完整的甲板
But no one’s got a full deck coming out of here.
即使 我运营着一家非常成功的公司
Even if– and I was running a very successful company at
在这一点 我有很多需要改变和成长
that point– I had a lot I needed to change and grow.
如果是因为我没有一个教练才无法提高
And because I didn’t have a coach, I didn’t improve.
那就找一个教练
So get a coach.
找一个能告诉你 自己的表现事实如何的人
Find somebody who will tell you the truth about your
然后强迫你去改变
performance and then kind of beat on you to change.
找一个教练吧
Get a coach.
无论多么有天赋的运动员都有一个教练
All great athletes have a coach, no matter how talented they are.
不管是泰格伍兹还是橄榄球四分卫
Whether it’s Tiger Woods or the best quarterbacks,
他们都有一个教练
they’ve got a coach.
即使是他们都需要一个教练 更何况是普通的我们?
And if they need a coach, what about us regular people?
所以这就是我的反馈成果之一
So that would be my one piece of feedback.
最需要改变的就是你自己和找到一个教练
Most important thing to change is yourself and get a coach.
祝你们好运
And best of luck.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdu1shbnlkc

相关推荐