未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)

萨尔曼•可汗的“大想法”

Sal Khan's plan to educate the world | Big Think

Humanity is entering some type of new phase.
人类正步入某种新阶段
Even something as light as YouTube,
甚至像YouTube这样无足轻重的东西
when you really think about it,
当你认真思考这个问题时
it’s going to go down in history with writing,
它将作为一个新时代 伴随着文字时代
the printing press, as a new phase.
印刷机时代 载入史册
But at the same time,
但与此同时
the current form of education’s about 200 years old.
新兴的教育形态只有约200年历史
Education is something that we just assume
教育只是我们假想的东西
because we all grew up in it.
因为我们从小到大都在接受教育
Let’s reimagine education.
我们来重新构想教育
Let’s imagine what schooling could and should look like
结合未来需求以及我们可以使用的工具
given the needs of the future and also the tools at our disposal.
我们来畅想一下 学校教育可以或应该是什么样子
With the Internet,
借助互联网
we can literally connect the world through learning.
通过学习 我们可以真正与世界联通
I think I’ve always been drawn to science fiction
我之所以一直被科幻小说所吸引
because it really does challenge you to think
是因为它确实会逼迫人们思考:
how could the world be?
世界会变成什么样?
When the whole Khan Academy thing started to happen,
当整个可汗学院开始运营
I think one of the unique things that, to some degree,
在某种程度上 我觉得
allowed me and Khan Academy to have our own lane
让我和可汗学院找到自己道路的独特事件
is that we started having more of this almost science fiction view.
是我们开始有更多 近乎科幻小说的视角
Hey, instead of Khan Academy just being a piece of software,or a piece of content
可汗学院不只是一款软件 一些内容信息
could it be the next Oxford, the next Smithsonian?
它会是下一个牛津 下一个史密森学会吗?
Could it help us elevate to another level
它是否可以帮我们提升到另一个层次
so that the time we live in now feels like a dark ages
使得在未来100或200年看来
in a 100 years or 200 years?
我们今天生活的时代有如黑暗时期?
My name is Sal Khan,
我叫萨尔曼•可汗
and I’m the founder and CEO of both
我是可汗学院和Schoolhouse.world
Khan Academy and Schoolhouse.world.
的创始人兼CEO
在未来 教育会是什么样子? 《大想法》采访萨尔曼•可汗
Take a moment and remember your favorite teacher.
花点时间回忆一下你最喜欢的老师
Now imagine that teacher could reach not 30 kids in a classroom,
想象一下 老师可以顾及的不是教室里的30个孩子
but millions of students all over the world.
而是全世界数百万学生
That’s exactly what Sal Khan is doing on his website, Khan Academy.
这就是萨尔曼•可汗在他的网站上正做的事
Back in 2004, my family was visiting me in Boston,
2004年 我的家人来波士顿看我
and my aunt told me that my cousin was having trouble in math.
姨妈告诉我 表妹学数学有困难
When I asked Nadia what was going on, Nadia said,
当我问Nadia怎么回事时 Nadia说
“I’m just not a math person.”
“我就不适合学数学”
When someone says, “I’m not good at math,”
当有人说 “我数学不好”时
I immediately think they just haven’t looked at it the right way
我立刻意识到 他们只是没能正确看待它
or their self-esteem has been shot
或是自尊心受到了打击
because either they themselves have been telling themselves
因为要么他们自己 要么其他人
or other people have been telling them
一直在告诉他们
that they’re not good at it.
他们不擅长数学
And what I’ve seen over and over again,
我也一遍遍看到
it has nothing to do with innate ability.
这和人的天赋无关
So for the next several months, Nadia was in New Orleans,
接下来的几个月里 Nadia在新奥尔良
I was in Boston, remotely tutoring her,
我在波士顿 对她进行远程辅导
and I had five virtual classrooms,
我已经有了五个虚拟教室
which were essentially these digital scratchpads.
那些教室本质上是一些数字便笺簿
I could tell Nadia, “Meet me in classroom five.”
我可以告诉Nadia “在第五教室见我”
And what that meant is I could be in Boston, she was in New Orleans,
这意味着 我可以在波士顿 她在新奥尔良
but at classroom five, would hear each other’s voices,
但在第五教室 我们能听见彼此的声音
and if one of us wrote with a digital pen,
如果我们中有人用数字笔写字
the other one would see it.
另一个就能看见
We started making progress.
我们的辅导开始起效
She got caught up with her class.
她赶上了班级的功课
She frankly got a little ahead of her class,
老实说 她还略领先班级进度
and by quirk of how my mind works, I am always thinking,
鉴于我的思维方式 我一直在想:
“Well, hey, this is working for my cousin,
“这对我的表妹有用
could it work for 10 cousins?
对10个表妹有用吗?
Hey, if it’s working for them, could it work for people who aren’t my cousins?
如果有用 对不是我表妹的人有用吗?
Could it work for 10 million people?
对一千万人有用吗?
Could it work for a billion people?”
对十亿人有用吗?”
So in 2009, I quit my day job.
于是 在2009年 我辞职了
I set it up as a not-for-profit with a mission of free,
我设立了一个让任何人在任何地点
world-class education for anyone anywhere.
都能免费享受世界一流教育的非盈利组织
A little delusional for a guy operating out of a walk-in closet at the time.
这对一个在衣帽间工作的人来说有些痴心妄想
And so, in that early version of Khan Academy,
所以 在可汗学院早期版本中
I was imagining it would be a place where we can connect
我设想它是一个我们人类可以
as human beings and learn from each other.
彼此联系和互相学习的地方
Now, as Khan Academy grew,
随着可汗学院的成长
and now it’s 120 million registered users,
如今 它已有1.2亿注册用户
20, 30 million come every month from all over the world,
每月 世界各地会新增两三千万新学员
we lost that person-to-person functionality,
我们失去了人与人之间的交往功能
but it’s always been in the back of my mind.
但这个问题一直在我脑海中盘旋
And that’s where Schoolhouse.world comes into the picture.
因此Schoolhouse.world就诞生了
The pandemic hits,
在新冠疫情期间
and Khan Academy’s traffic goes to the roof.
可汗学院使用量达到了顶峰
We’ve always known well before the pandemic
在疫情前我们就清楚
that small group tutoring is really the gold standard.
小组辅导真的是最佳标配
There’s actually a lot of research papers
实际上很多研究报告表明
that even small group tutoring
由上学期或上学年
by someone who learned the same material last semester or last year
学过同样内容的人进行小组辅导
can actually be highly effective,
实际上非常有效
in some cases, even more effective.
在某些情况下 甚至更有效
And so I started reaching out to some friends and say,
因此 我开始找一些朋友并跟他们说:
“Couldn’t we build a prototype of a platform
“我们不能建一个平台的原型
where folks who need help in a topic could say they need help?
让在某话题上需要帮助的人寻得帮助吗?
And that other people, high-quality, vetted tutors could say,
其他高水平 经验丰富的教师会说
‘Yes, I could run a small group tutoring session on that topic.’ “
‘没错 我可以围绕这个主题建一个小班课程’”
And by the end of the summer, it was working.
在夏末的时候 平台就运营起来了
We were getting amazing stories,
我们看到很多精彩的故事
13 and 14-year-olds is helping people
比如13和14岁的孩子帮助
who are in their 50s try to get their high school diploma.
50多岁的人努力考取高中文凭
We’re seeing people in very disparate conditions,
我们看到 处在不同条件
economic strata, life stages, cultures
不同经济水平 生活阶段 文化下的人们
being able to connect and empathize with each other
能够在对双方都有意义的工作上
around meaningful work that matters for both of them.
彼此联系 产生共鸣
We were seeing that it is actually possible
我们发现 实际上
to scale up tutoring by leveraging people’s willingness
可以通过人们乐于助人的善意
to do good for others.
来扩大辅导规模
When Schoolhouse.world started,
当Schoolhouse.world开始运营时
I thought the game-changing aspect of it
我原以为 改变游戏规则方面
would be that we have figured out a way
我们已经找到了一种
to scale high-quality tutoring.
扩大高质量辅导的方法
But I actually think the real game-changer is
但我现在认为 真正改变游戏规则的是
when we’re able to connect with other human beings,
我们能与他人建立联系时
when that other human being genuinely says,
别人真诚地说
“Thank you,You just changed my life.
“谢谢你 你改变了我的生活
You just unlocked my mind.
你打开了我的思路
I will never forget what you just did.”
我永远忘不了你做的一切”
你认为1000年后的教育是怎样的?
I like to think on multiple scales.
我喜欢从多个角度思考问题
So, you know, to answer your question,
关于你的问题
1000 years, I don’t know.
我不知道1000年后的教育会怎样
You know, with CRISPR and genetic engineering,
你知道 通过基因编辑技术和基因工程
we might be able to download knowledge, take a pill,
我们也许能下载知识 吃个药丸
who knows, we’ll be in some virtual reality,
谁知道呢 假设人类一直进步
if assuming humanity keeps progressing.
我们可能会在某个虚拟现实里
But I think over the next, let’s call it 30 to 50 years,
但我认为 在未来 就说30-50年吧
I think we’re going to have a world
我认为我们会拥有一个
where anyone on the planet is going to have access
地球上任何人都能得到
to all the core academic material
完全自我实现所需的
and non-academic material they need to be a fully actualized person.
所有核心学术材料和非学术材料的世界

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

可汗学院,未来的科幻学校。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

早行

审核员

审核员VS

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9i5i1Xnemw

相关推荐