未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

我的一个与狮子和平共处的发明

Richard Turere: My invention that made peace with lions

翻译人员: Angelique Wang 校对人员: Psycho Decoder
Translator: Joseph Geni Reviewer: Morton Bast
这是我所生活的地方,肯尼亚,
This is where I live. I live in Kenya,
在内罗毕国家公园的南部
at the south parts of the Nairobi National Park.
在我的身后是我父亲的奶牛
Those are my dad’s cows at the back,
在奶牛的后边
and behind the cows,
就是内罗毕国家公园
that’s the Nairobi National Park.
内罗毕国家公园的南部并没有全部围起栅栏
Nairobi National Park is not fenced in the south widely,
这就意味着像斑马这样的野生动物
which means wild animals like zebras
可以自由地在公园外移动
migrate out of the park freely.
所以像狮子这样的捕食者会跟随他们
So predators like lions follow them,
这就是他们的所作所为,
and this is what they do.
他们捕杀了我们的家畜。
They kill our livestock.
这就是其中一只在夜晚被杀害的奶牛
This is one of the cows which was killed at night,
我在早晨醒来时就发现它已经死了,
and I just woke up in the morning and I found it dead,
我的心情槽透了,
and I felt so bad,
因为这是我家里唯一的公牛
because it was the only bull we had.
我们马赛族的人相信
My community, the Maasai, we believe that
我们是带着我们的动物和家园从天堂而来
we came from heaven with all our animals and all the land
然后放牧、生活,这就是我们为什么如此重视它们。
for herding them, and that’s why we value them so much.
所以我逐渐地变得十分厌恶狮子
So I grew up hating lions so much.
莫兰人都是勇士
The morans are the warriors
他们保护我们的家族和牲畜
who protect our community and the livestock,
但是他们同样对这个问题感到沮丧,素手无策
and they’re also upset about this problem.
所以他们决定杀了这些狮子
So they kill the lions.
这是他们在内罗毕国家公园杀的六个狮子中的其中一个
It’s one of the six lions which were killed in Nairobi.
我想这就是内罗毕公园的狮子会那么少的原因。
And I think this is why the Nairobi National Park lions are few.
在我们家族,凡是六到九岁的男孩
So a boy, from six to nine years old, in my community
都有肩负着保卫他们父亲奶牛的责任,
is responsible for his dad’s cows,
同样的事业发生在我身上。
and that’s the same thing which happened to me.
所以我必须找到一个解决问题的方法。
So I had to find a way of solving this problem.
我想到的第一个办法是使用火,
And the first idea I got was to use fire,
因为我知道狮子们都惧怕火。
because I thought lions were scared of fire.
但我又意识到这并没有什么成效,
But I came to realize that that didn’t really help,
反倒还帮助了狮子
because it was even helping the lions
看到了我们的牛棚。
to see through the cowshed.
但我并没有因此放弃,我坚持不懈着
So I didn’t give up. I continued.
于是有了第二个办法:
And a second idea I got was
利用稻草人。
to use a scarecrow.
我想要欺骗狮子
I was trying to trick the lions
让它们误以为是我站在牛舍旁边。
[into thinking] that I was standing near the cowshed.
但是狮子十分聪明。(笑声)
But lions are very clever. (Laughter)
他们第一天来时看到了稻草人,然后就回去了。
They will come the first day and they see the scarecrow, and they go back,
但是第二天,他们会再来并且说:
but the second day, they’ll come and they say,
这个东西从没动过,他一直呆在这儿(笑声)
this thing is not moving here, it’s always here. (Laughter)
所以他们又跳进来,杀死了动物。
So he jumps in and kills the animals.
有一天晚上,我拿着手电筒在牛棚边走动,
So one night, I was walking around the cowshed with a torch,
那天晚上,狮子并没有来。
and that day, the lions didn’t come.
我开始意识到狮子们会害怕移动的光。
And I discovered that lions are afraid of a moving light.
所以我又有了个主意。
So I had an idea.
因为我当时是个小孩子,
Since I was a small boy,
我可以一整天不干别的,在自己的房间里鼓捣一天,
I used to work in my room for the whole day,
我甚至把我妈妈新买的收音机拆得七零八落,
and I even took apart my mom’s new radio,
那天她差点杀了我(笑声),
and that day she almost killed me,
尽管如此,我学到了许多关于电子的知识。(笑声)
but I learned a lot about electronics. (Laughter)
所以我找到了一个旧的车用蓄电池,
So I got an old car battery,
一个指示器。这是一个从摩托车中找到的小装备,
an indicator box. It’s a small device found in a motorcycle,
用来控制摩托车的转向灯,能够让灯闪烁。
and it helps motorists when they want to turn right or left. It blinks.
同时我找到了一个开关,可以控制灯的亮灭。
And I got a switch where I can switch on the lights, on and off.
灯泡来自于一个坏掉的手电筒。
And that’s a small torch from a broken flashlight.
一切都准备好了。
So I set up everything.
就如你所见,由太阳能接收板来给电池充电,
As you can see, the solar panel charges the battery,
再由电池来指示器给提供能量
and the battery supplies the power
我把这个叫做“变压器”,
to the small indicator box. I call it a transformer.
这个指示器又会使光线闪动,
And the indicator box makes the lights flash.
你可以看到,这个电灯泡是朝外的,
As you can see, the bulbs face outside,
因为狮子是从那儿过来的。
because that’s where the lions come from.
当狮子晚上走近的时候看到的就是这个样子。
And that’s how it looks to lions when they come at night.
这个灯光一闪动就会使狮子受到欺骗
The lights flash and trick
它们会以为是我在牛棚附近走动,
the lions into thinking I was walking around the cowshed,
但实际上,此时的我正在自己的床上做着春秋大梦。
but I was sleeping in my bed.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
(掌声)
(Applause)
谢谢。
Thanks.
我在两年前把这个装置装在了我家中,
So I set it up in my home two years ago,
从那时起,我们就再没有狮子捕食家禽的烦恼了。
and since then, we have never experienced any problem with lions.
我的邻居们都听说了这个办法。
And my neighboring homes heard about this idea.
他们中的其中一个就是这位老奶奶。
One of them was this grandmother.
她家有一大堆的家禽被狮子捕食了。
She had a lot of her animals being killed by lions,
她问我是否可以帮她在家里也装一个这样的灯。
and she asked me if I could put the lights for her.
我欣然同意。
And I said, “Yes.”
我装上了这些灯,你们可以在背后看到,这些就是赶狮灯。
So I put the lights. You can see at the back, those are the lion lights.
至今为止,我已为我们家族社区中的七户家庭装上了这个赶狮灯,
Since now, I’ve set up seven homes around my community,
它们非常有用。
and they’re really working.
现在,我的方法已经被肯尼亚的所有人使用
And my idea is also being used now all over Kenya
来驱赶其他类似的捕食动物,像鬣狗,美洲豹等
for scaring other predators like hyenas, leopards,
它们同样被用来
and it’s also being used
驱赶大象远离人类的农庄。
to scare elephants away from people’s farms.
我也很幸运地因为这项发明而获得了奖学金
Because of this invention, I was lucky to get a scholarship
这是肯尼亚最好的学校——
in one of the best schools in Kenya,
布鲁克豪斯国际学校所颁发的,
Brookhouse International School,
我对此感到十分的兴奋。
and I’m really excited about this.
我的新学校现在也加入进来,并帮助我
My new school now is coming in and helping
提高知名度并筹集更多资金。
by fundraising and creating an awareness.
我甚至将我的朋友带回我的社区,
I even took my friends back to my community,
帮助他们在没有赶狮灯的人家里安装这个
and we’re installing the lights to the homes
我教他们怎么安装。
which don’t have [any], and I’m teaching them how to put them.
一年前,我只是一个热带大草原上
So one year ago, I was just a boy in the savanna grassland
帮爸爸放牛的普通男孩,
herding my father’s cows,
我常常看着飞机飞过,
and I used to see planes flying over,
并且告诉自己:总有一天,我也会在里面。
and I told myself that one day, I’ll be there inside.
今天,我做到了。
And here I am today.
我获得了乘飞机来TED的机会,这是我的第一次
I got a chance to come by plane for my first time for TED.
所以我伟大的梦想是:当我长大以后,成为一个飞机工程师兼飞行员。
So my big dream is to become an aircraft engineer and pilot when I grow up.
我过去讨厌狮子,但是现在,就是因为我的发明
I used to hate lions, but now because my invention
拯救了我爸爸的牛以及狮子
is saving my father’s cows and the lions,
我们终于可以狮子和平共处了。
we are able to stay with the lions without any conflict.
非常感谢(肯尼亚语)。在我的语言里,它的意思是:非常感谢!
Ashê olên. It means in my language, thank you very much.
(掌声)
(Applause)
Chris Anderson:你不会相信,
Chris Anderson: You have no idea how exciting it is
听到你这样的故事是多么使人振奋。
to hear a story like yours.
所以你已经拿到了这个奖学金。Richard Turere:是的。
So you got this scholarship.Richard Turere: Yep.
CA:你是不是正在进行另一项电子发明?
CA: You’re working on other electrical inventions.
你的下一步计划是什么?
What’s the next one on your list?
RT:我的下一项发明是,
RT: My next invention is,
我想做一个电力栅栏。CA:电力栅栏?
I want to make an electric fence.CA: Electric fence?
RT:我知道,电力栅栏已经有了,
RT: But I know electric fences are already invented,
但是我只想做我自己的那一个。
but I want to make mine.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
CA:你已经尝试过一次了,对吧,但是你——RT:我之前有过尝试,
CA: You already tried it once, right, and you –RT: I tried it before,
但我停止了,因为它惊吓到我了。(笑声)
but I stopped because it gave me a shock. (Laughter)
CA:会是一场苦战。Richard Turere,你与众不同。
CA: In the trenches. Richard Turere, you are something else.
我们将为你在成长中的每一步喝彩,朋友。
We’re going to cheer you on every step of the way, my friend.
很感谢你。RT:谢谢。(掌声)
Thank you so much.RT: Thank you. (Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAoo--SeUIk

相关推荐