未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

纵容自己是成长的最大阻碍

Redefine Your Limits by Being Honest With Yourself | Kyle Maynard

自我保护会让你退却
self-preservation holding you back
是什么重大理由让你可以
What is one big excuse that you could take
找借口不去做什么?
on right now, today, and do something about?
如果你就此开始行动 30天后你的生活会怎样?
And if you started there what would your life look like in 30 days?
一年后的今天你又会是什么样子?
What would it look like a year from today?
五年后呢?
What would it look like five years from today?
如果我们去寻找更大的借口
And if we took on some of our bigger excuses,
你可以想像会发生什么
can you imagine what would happen inside of
如果仅纽约就有百分之一的人找他们认为的最大的借口
even just New York alone, if you had one percent of the population that took on their biggest
那会带来什么不可想象的后果?
excuse, what the creative generative effect of that would bring?
坦率地说我们的大脑对于生存的本能是与生俱来的
Frankly our brain is hardwired to survival,
因此 我们的大脑
and because of that our brain with any fear
在面临恐惧或需要做出决定时 对于我们做或不做某事
that we have or any justification that we make as to why we do something or not do something,
许多答案最终要回到生存本身
I believe a lot of those answers come back to survival.
当然我们找借口的背后还有积极的意义
And there’s usually a positive intention behind some of the excuses that we go and make, maybe
也许就是为了 保存我们自己的能量或自我保护
even preservation of our own energy or preservation of self.
很多时候 恐惧是好的 理性的恐惧 其背后有积极意义
There’s a lot of times where fears are good, rational fears, and there’s a good intention
而我们需要做的 只是直面恐惧
behind them; it’s just uncovering that and kind of unpacking it, and seeing what’s really
看看那里到底有什么
going on there.
我认为对于一些新手来说 他们能马上
I think for starters I think some of the excuses
找到一些借口 都是一些常见的借口
I make come to mind, in terms of common excuses:
我时间不够 我太忙了 我手头有很多事要做 我太老了 我太年轻了
I don’t have enough time; I’m too busy; I’ve got too much on my plate; I’m too old.I’m too young;
我钱不够或者…没有太多钱?
I don’t have enough money or… too much money?
我不知道那些算不算借口 但是总有很多话像 “我不够好…”
— I don’t know if that’s really an excuse, but there’s a million: “I’m not good enough…”
但是我认为实际上越有创意的借口
But I think it’s really actually the more creative excuses, the ones that are a little
会越危险 而且更容易使我们说服自己
bit more sneaky and insidious, the ones where we can convince ourselves that they’re good
不去行动
reasons.
所以有很多次 如果我不想去竞争 或是我感觉我不会赢
So a lot of times if I don’t want to compete in something or I feel like I’m not going
总而言之 我有点害怕失败 然后我会找一个有创意的
to win or whatever, I’ve got some type of fear of failure, then I’ll make a really creative
借口
excuse.
我们可能会在一周内做出成千上万的借口
We make thousands of justifications I think probably, a week.
对我来说 借口就像是一座高山 没有尽头
Excuses to me are a mountain, and there’s no end to the trail,
也没有顶点
there’s no summit to it
我们永远无法使自己完全摆脱借口
We’re never going to arrive at a point where we’re completely free of our excuses.
但是我认为 我们应该要多留心那些
But I think the idea is just have a little bit more awareness around some of the bigger
更大的借口
ones.
我认为可以从对自己坦诚开始
I think it starts with telling the truth to yourself about something.
对吗
Right?
我相信 无论是什么借口 你对自己坦白多少
I believe that the extent to which you can tell the truth to yourself about whatever
你就能摆脱它多少
excuses you’re making is the extent to which you can be free from it.
你必须从那一步开始
You have to start there.
我喜欢那些至理名言 比如说‘’一起皆有可能‘’
I love the spirit of the message of, for instance, of saying something like, “Anything is possible,”
但是我并不会真的相信它
but I don’t actually believe it.
任何事情都有可能在未来发生 但在这个时刻
Anything is maybe possible in the future, but at this moment in time I’m not going to
我不会去举重10000磅 在这个时刻
go and bench press 10,000 pounds; at this moment in time we aren’t going to go and colonize
我们不会去殖民火星
Mars.
所以作为人类 我们总在找一些宽泛的堂而皇之的大借口
So you’ve got these bigger society wide excuses that we make as human beings.
作为个人 我们在日常生活中也总会找各种蝇营狗苟的
You’ve got individual smaller excuses that we make just as people living our day-to-day
小借口
lives.
我也会找借口 对于看到此视频的人 可能会发生的最糟糕的事情是
I would say too, for people watching this, the worst thing that could happen is that,
坦率地说 最糟糕的事情(至少从我的角度来看)是:有人看着这个
frankly the worst thing (from my perspective at least) is: someone watches this and starts
然后开始因为自己找的各种借口自责
beating themselves up over the excuses that they go and make.
而且如果人们在看完演讲过后告诉我:“哇哦 你做了一些超赞的事情
And if people go and say to me after a speech is done, “Wow you’ve done some awesome things
但是我很烂 我什么也做不了” 我会说
with your life, but I suck, and I can’t do anything,” I go, “Well, you kind of missed
“你还是有点没听懂…”
the point…”
我希望人们知道我是一个善于找借口的人 我知道自己刚刚找了多少借口
I want people to know that I am a master excuse-maker, and I know just now how many excuses I go
但我必须对自己坦诚
and truly make, and I have to go and tell the truth to myself about the excuses that
我现在在找借口
I’m making now.
这种想法并不是我想到的 是柯日布斯基1931年提出
It’s kind of this idea—and I didn’t come up with it—it was Alfred Korzybski in 1931
“地图非疆域”
who said that “The map is not the territory.”
我们背着自己的精神地图四处行走 这地图基于我们的经验
And we all walk around with our own mental maps based on our experiences, maps of the
基于我们看到的世界地图 我们把这些地图当成现实 却没意识到
world, and we like to go and think of those maps as reality instead of realizing they’re
他们只是虚幻的地图而已
just freaking maps.
他们只是在我们的脑子里 而有些地图比其他的更好
And they’re just up here [in the mind], and some maps are better than others.
无论是可以指引你的好地图还是不尽如人意的坏地图
A good map you can navigate accurately with, a bad map not so much, and we all have our
我们都有属于我们自己的地图
own maps.
说到底一切得从对自己坦诚相待开始
Really I would start with telling the truth to yourself.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

坦诚对待自己,重新定义极限,为自己找借口并没有错 但你必须对自己诚实。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

fancyzeng

审核员

祐子祐

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-hYtuIUMWg

相关推荐