ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

Rebecca Lynn: 全身投入的风险 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

Rebecca Lynn: 全身投入的风险

Rebecca Lynn: The Risk of Going All In

我之前在一家叫NextCard的公司工作
And I worked at a company called NextCard.
有多少人听说过这家公司
Now how many of you all have heard about NextCard?
很少是吧
Very few.

Yeah.
在NextCard 我是第30号员工
So NextCard– I was employee 30.
我是NextCard的产品人员
I was a product person at NextCard,
很多风险投资人都是从我们公司来的
which is where a lot of VCs come from.
他们都有产品和培训背景
They come from the product background and training.
很多公司支持着NextCard首先
And NextCard was backed by a lot of firms– well first of all,
NextCard是第一家网络信用卡公司
NextCard was the first online credit card company.
是能让你在网上申请信用卡
It was the very first company to allow you to go online
并能立即得到的首家公司
and apply for a credit card and get it in real time.
我们的确有网上信用审批的专利
We actually had the patent for real time approval of credit online,
这在今天应该是十分值钱的专利
which would be a very valuable patent today.
但此时此刻这项专利也许掌握在一些
I think some patent troll in Texas owns
德克萨斯州的专利流氓手中
it or something at this point in time.
之前有很多公司支持我们 你一定听说过这些公司
And so we were backed by firms I’m sure everyone’s heard of here,
凯鹏华盈 红杉资本 和Trinity公司
Kleiner Perkins and Sequoia and Trinity and Brentwood,
还有Brentwood公司 现在叫红点投资了 还有其他很多
which is now Redpoint, among others.
我们从30人的小公司发展到了1300人
And we grew from 30 people to 1,300 people.
我们上市了
We went public.
我们曾是顶尖的网络广告商之一
We were one of the top online advertisers.
也曾是在众多公司中
We were usually at number three in terms of
排名前三的网络服务商
the number of impressions we served online.
甚至有几个月
The only companies ahead of us were Yahoo and
只有雅虎和微软领先于我们
Microsoft in any given month typically.
当时我们白手起家
And we had to build all that from scratch.
那时还没有谷歌
There was no Google.
是吧
Right?
我在自说自话 是吧
I’m really dating myself, aren’t I, Tom?
于是 我们不得不建设基础设施以
So we had to actually build the infrastructure to go and run
运行成百上千的网页上的广告
ads on hundreds and thousands of different sites out there,
这意味着我们需要自己的子平台
meaning building our own affiliate platform
广告追踪系统和整套系统
and ad tracking system and the whole bit.
以至于公司变得太过庞大
And so that company was a pretty formidable company.
我们短时间内在市场上下跌了98%的市值
And we lost 98% of our value in one day on the public market.
这给我们上了几课
So a couple of learnings from this.
对吧
Right?
第一——但你可以抽身离开时 抽身离开吧
One– when you can take some money off the table, you should do it.
对吧
Right?
请吸取我的教训
Please learn from my mistake.
这就像玩扑克对吧
And it’s like when you play poker, right?
你坐到牌桌边
You go to the table.
当你获利后起身离开
When you’re up you take some money off of the table,
你就赢了
and you play with your winnings.
在生活中这是一条很管用的定律
It’s a very good rule in life.
我们在一个公司取得一定成就时
We often encourage our entrepreneurs and people that when we
常常告诉企业家和人们
were in a company to just when you’re at a certain point,
你已经得到了 不要太贪婪
and you’re happy, don’t be greedy.
适可而止就好
Take some money off the table.
欢笑吧
Be happy.
然后继续前行
And then continue to go forward.
我想这就是生活中的真理吧
I think it’s a very good rule of life in general.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTacyMRQB1M

相关推荐