ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

别再犹豫 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

别再犹豫

Put in the Work | Just Do It - All Star Edition

你没有试过建一面墙
You, you don’t try to build a wall.
你没有着手去建过一面墙
You don’t set out to build a wall.
你没说“我想要建一面墙”
You don’t say “I wanna build this,
“一面史上最大 最棒 最好的墙”
build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that’s ever been built.”
你没有从这里开始
You don’t start there.
你想要写一本书 坐下就写
You want to make a book, sit down and write it.
然后去印刷的地方
Then go to the printing place.
印刷厂在哪?找到电话本 然后找一家印刷厂
Where’s the printer? Get the phonebook and find a printer.
我们录唱片 出书
We make records, make some books.
你只要去做
You just do it.
但尽管有这些挑战
But despite these challenges,
我父亲几乎从来没有错过一天的工作
my dad hardly ever missed a day of work.
我工作很努力直到我的脚趾流血都没有抱怨
I worked so hard until my toes are bleeding and no complaints.
其中花费了很多心血
So it takes so much hard work.
并且我认为你花费的努力越多
And I think the more you have to work for something,
你就会越珍惜它
the more you cherish it.
每次我想做一些愚蠢
And everytime, I think about doing something silly
或者一些损害我事业的事时
or something that’s gonna be detrimental to my career that I build,
我就会想起我童年所牺牲的时间
I think about all that time I’ve sacrificed in my childhood
想起我的家人以及所有努力工作的人
and my family and all the people that worked so hard.
我会尊重
And I could never disrespect
我为之努力的全部
all that I worked for.
我会尊重我的粉丝
I could never disrespect my fans.
我会尊重所有的机遇
I could never disrespect the opportunity.
当你看着成功人士的成功时
When you look at the accomplishments of accomplished people,
你会说“嘿 那肯定很难”
and you’d say, “Boy, that must have been really hard.”
你知道 一些看起来很难的事物
You know when you looked at something that looks hard,
可能很简单
that was probably easy.
相反 一些看起来很简单的事物
And conversely, when you looked at something that looks easy,
可能很难
that was probably hard.
所以你永远都不会知道哪个容易哪个难
And so you are never gonna know which is which
直到你真正去做
until you actually go and do it.
所以去吧 去做吧 尝试 然后从中学习
So just go and do it, try, learn from it.
你在一些事物中失败
You know, you failed at something,
却会学到你需要的经验
that’s learning experience you need
可以在下一次用到
so that you can take it onto the next experience.
不要让你尊重和信任的人
And don’t let people who you may respect
为你的失败下断语
and who you believe know what they’re talking about
不要让他们告诉你 做不到
don’t let them tell you it can’t be done.
因为通常他们告诉你做不到
Because often they will tell you it can’t be done.
其实只是因为你没有勇气去尝试
And it’s just because you don’t have the courage to try.
洛克和我都生长在
Rock and I were both raised by family
没有很多钱或者说物质财产的家庭
who didn’t have much in the way, money or material possessions
但这个家给了我们更加珍贵的东西
but who had given us something far more valuable.
父母无条件的爱
Their unconditional love,
无畏的牺牲 去不同地方的机会
their unflinching sacrifices and chances to go places,
这些连他们自己都无法想象
they had never imagined for themselves.
我父亲是一名城市自来水厂的水泵操作员
My father was a pump operator at the city water plant.
我和弟弟年幼时
And he was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
父亲被诊断为多发性硬化
when my brother and I were young.
我作为一个懵懂无知的孩子
And even as a kid,
也知道大多数日子里他很痛苦
I knew there were plenty of days when he was in pain.
我知道大多数早上
I knew there were plenty of mornings
他奋力挣扎起床
when it was a struggle for him to simply get out of bed.
但是每天早上 我都看见
But every morning, I watched my father
我父亲带着笑起床
wake up with a smile,
抓住他的助步车
grab his walker,
让自己靠在浴室的水槽上慢慢剃须
prop himself up against the bathroom sink and slowly shave
扣上制服
and button his uniform.
当他工作一整天之后回到家
And when he returned home after a long day’s work,
我弟弟和我
my brother and I
都会站在我们小公寓的最高的楼梯上
would stand at the top of the stairs of our little apartment,
耐心地等着迎接他
patiently waiting to greet him,
看着他伸手抬起一条腿 然后另一条
watching him reach down to lift one leg and then the other
慢慢投入我们的怀抱
to slowly climb his way into our arms.
但是即使有这些挑战
But despite these challenges,
我爸爸几乎没有错过一天的工作
my dad hardly ever missed a day of work.
他和母亲都坚持给我和弟弟
He and my mum were determined to give me and my brother
接受他们梦想中的教育
the kind of education they could only dream of.
我想要尝试做的
What I’ll try to do
是我想要一直写作
is I’ll try…I write along as…
所以我在拍纸本上写道
So on a legal pad I’ll go,
“去这里看他的母亲”
goes to here, sees his mother,
“去超市”
goes to the store.
我大概设想他要去十个地方
So I had like ten things of bits where he’s going.
去骑马 去游泳 写他去各种地方
Get on a horse, go swimming,go go go.
我写这些我也知道
And I do that and I know
在我心里
in my heart,
百分之八十都是不好的
eighty percent of it will be no good.
但是这是在串联整个剧本
But you’re getting through the screenplay.
是在努力完成
You’re getting it done.
因为再次改写常常更加有趣 更加好玩
Because the rewrite is always more fun and much more enjoyable.
我认为人们不需要追求完美
I don’t believe people should look for perfection,
初稿甚至不必达到百分之五十的完美
or even 50 percent perfection in the first draft.
经常会发生这种情况
It’s always gonna be kind of this,
事情混乱如孩子涂鸦 但贵在行动
like a child scribbling, but you did it.
对我来说 重要的是
And the main thing for me
一旦你把事情做完
is to… once you have that accomplishment.
花两周或三周都可以
You can do it in two weeks, three weeks.
可能只有10%做得好
Again, maybe ten percent will be good
但是你现在拥有了成就感
but you now have the sense of accomplishment.
起码你做到了
You did it.
你没有试过建一面墙
You don’t try to build a wall.
你没有着手去建过一面墙
You don’t set out to build a wall.
你没有说“我想要建一面墙”
You don’t say “I wanna make it,
“一面史上最大 最棒 最好的墙”
build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that has ever been built.”
你没有从这里开始
You don’t start there.
你说“我要铺这块砖”
You say, “I’m gonna lay this brick
“完美铺好这块砖”
as perfectly as a brick can be laid.”
“世上没有一块砖”
“There will not be one brick on the face of Earth
“会比这块砖铺得更好”
that’s gonna be laid better than this brick.”
“我要铺十分钟”
“I am going to lay in this next ten minutes.”
然后你每天都这样做
And you do that every single day.
很快你就会建好一面墙
And soon you have a wall.
很快你就会拥有一面墙
Soon you have a wall.
我觉得在心理上
And I think psychologically,
和我在不同情境中遇到的很多人相比
the advantage that gives me over a lot of people
这个优点给了我优势
that I have been in competition with in different situations
因为当你把第一步的困难放大时你就很难迈出步伐
is the difficulty to take the first step when you look how big.
这种考验对我来说从来都不是什么大事
The task is never huge to me.
-就是一块砖的事 -是的
-It’s always one brick.-Me too.
很神奇 你知道的
I mean it’s amazing, how you know,
-人们无力做任何事 -对的
-people are paralyzed from doing anything.-Absolutely.
因为他们无法迈出第一步
Because thay can’t take the first step.
当你觉得 我需要的只是铺这一块砖
When you just say, all I’m doing is just laying this one brick,
我不是在建中国的长城
I’m not building a great wall of China here.
我铺一块砖 我要尽我所能铺到最好
I’m putting a brick here and I gonna have the best brick I can.
你父亲
Your father
有时会让你和你弟弟
had you and your brother
建墙
work on a wall at sometime.
刚才说的是象征意义的墙
We’re talking about our figurative wall
这里是说我们要建真正的墙
that comes from work on a literal wall.
我父亲有……
My father owned…
事实上是一个老旧的面包房 当我长大之后
It actually was an old bakery. When I was grown up
我父亲是一名电工和冰箱修理工
my father was an electrician and a refrigeration man.
我们会给超市安装这些东西
We would install supermarkets.
你可以看见超市里的长冰柜
You see the long freezer cases in supermarkets.
我们会安装那些长冰柜
We would install those long freezer cases
和所有的灯
and all the lights.
那是我们每年夏天都要做的事
That was what we would do every summer.
所以这一年 我父亲有了他自己的店
So, this one year, my father had his shop
不管是什么原因
and he decided for whatever reason
他决定在店前建一面新墙
that he wanted a new wall on the front of his shop.
所以他推倒了旧的墙
So he tore down
大概16英尺高
probably about, you know 16 feet high
30英尺左右长
and probably about 30 feet long.
他刚把墙完全推倒
He just completely tore the wall down
我和我弟弟要挖一个6英尺深的洞
and my brother and I had to dig a six-foot hole.
-我们要混合一些……-用来打地基的东西 我们懂
-We would mix some…-For the foundation, we know that.
为了打地基我们要用手混合一些混凝土
For the foundation we would mix some concrete by hand.
一年半 我们建这面墙
A year and a half, we were building this wall
建了一年半
for a year and a half.
每天下课之后 我们都会去混合一些混凝土
Everyday after school, we would come and mix some concrete,
放进洞里 做这些
put it in a hole, doing it.
就只是我和我的弟弟做这些
And it was just myself and my little brother.
我还记得我退后看着那面墙
And I remember standing back, looking at that wall,
说“这个洞上何时才能建起一面墙”
saying, “there’s gonna to be a hole here forever.”
好像永远建不成墙 只是一个洞
Don’t never be anything but a hole here.
一年半后
And a year and a half later,
一年半之后
A year and a half later,
我们铺下了最后一块砖
we laid the final brick.
父亲 我和弟弟站在后面
And my father stood back with my brother and I.
我知道父亲是计划好了的 他说他没有
I know he’d planned it. He says he didn’t.
但是我知道在过去的两年时间里
But I know he had been planned this rightness
他一直在筹划这件事
for the past two years.
但当我们退后一步看着那面墙时
But with a step back we looked at the wall
父亲看着我和弟弟的眼睛说
and he looked in the eye of me and my brother and said
“约翰 永远不要告诉我你做不到什么事情”
“John, never tell me that you can’t do something.”
自从我将近二十岁或者说二十出头的时候
Since I was in my late teens or early twenties,
我还没有做成什么事
I just never got around to it.
在我四十出头的时候
I finally start realizing I was getting older
我终于觉察到我开始变老了
by you know, my early forties,
一些事情现在不做永远也没有机会了
that I’d better really do it at now or never.
去做吧
Just do it.
拿起相机 开始拍些什么
Just pick up a camera and start shooting something.
不要等别人问你
Don’t wait to be asked
因为没人会去问你
because nobody is going to ask you.
不要等待完美条件
And don’t wait for the perfect conditions,
因为完美是不存在的
because there will never be perfect.
这有点像生小孩
It’s a little bit like having a child,
如果你等一个合适的时间去生小孩
if you wait until the right time to have a child,
你会无人送终
you will die childless.
我认为电影制作也是一件相似的事情
And I think filmmaking is very much the same thing,
你只要冒险尝试
and you just have to take the plunge
开始拍些什么 即使没拍好
and just start shooting something. Even if it’s bad
因为你不能总是逃避 你会从中获得一些东西
you can‘t always hide it, but you will earn something.
在高中 我的代理教师杰里·斯派克
In high school, acting teacher Jerry spaker
对我 本和卡蒂影响很大
who had a huge influence on me and Ben and Katie.
他说了一句话“只要去做就好 孩子”
Five words, he said, “Just do your work, kid.”
他对我重复了这句话很多次
And he repeated that so many times to me.
“只要去做就好 孩子”
“Just do your work , kid.”
我总是以此为底线
And that is kind of what I can always retreat to.
这句话就是我的标准
You know, that’s my touchstone.
当我犹豫的时候 就只要专注自己的工作
You know, when in doubt, just focus on my work.
你知道 如果电影出了问题
You know, if everything on the movies going wrong,
就是这样
alright, you know
我会确保我一直都有事做
I’ll make sure that my work is tight
并以此为基础创造伟大的事物
and go from there, that’s a great place to base from.
我曾经是一个十分任性的年轻人
I was a very headstrong, young person,
大概是1983或者1984年
and by 1983 or 1984,
我开始在我的出版公司出版我自己的书
has started to my own publishing company to publish my own books,
因为我意识到没有人会出版我的作品
realizing that no one else would publish me
之后我会写到这一点
and I would write about that.
所以我的第一本书出版时我就开始省伙食费
And so my first book, I saved my food money
紧紧缩缩地东拼西凑
from black flag, little here, little there.
我存够了钱去做一本折页的装订书
And I saved enough to make a fold and staple book.
我不会打字 所以我所有的东西都是手写的
I couldn’t type, so I handwrote all the things.
那样我可以省下钱用来平板印刷和装订
And I made the dummy that I could offset print fold and staple.
每本售价两美金
And I sold them for two dollars,
相当于只是把它们送人了
merely gave them away.
名声出去以后书就火了 500本售罄
But I sold enough and they blew out, 500 just went.
然后我拿那些钱
And I then took that money
再去印刷一次
to make another print one of that.
通过这些钱 我印了第一本平装本
And from that money, I made my first paper back.
三十三年后
And thirty-three years later,
我有一家满员的公司
that’s a fully staffed company
从事书籍出版与翻译
with books in translation
以及可以出版精装书籍
and hard cover editions
我的事业就开始于方圆9码以内
in the whole, you know, the whole nine yards.
但是我要开始做想做的事情了
But it started with I gonna do my thing.
没有天赋的我会成为第二个City Lights
I will be City Lights junior without the talent.
与此同时我在准备我的第一次演讲演出
And I did that at the same time when I was doing my first spoken word gigs.
为什么我能有如此的进取心和勇气
And why did I have the gumption and audacity
去开创我自己的图书公司呢?
to start my own book company?
我的勇气来自朋克摇滚
Because I come from Punk Rock.
来自伊恩·马凯耶在他母亲的厨房桌子上创造的迪肖德唱片公司
I come from watching Ian Mackaye invent Dischord Records on his mum’s kitchen table.
来自制作相册的过程
I come from folding and gluing picture sleeves together
就像旗帜会有它们自己的标签
like flags have their own label.
当然你会有你自己的
Of course you do it yourself.
你想要写一本书 坐下就写
You want to make a book, sit down and write it.
然后去印刷的地方
Then go to a printing place.
印刷厂在哪?找到电话本 然后找一家印刷厂
Where is the printer? Get a phone book and find a printer.
我们录唱片 出书
We make records, make some books.
你只要去做就好
You just do it.
就算你思虑不周 你只要去做就好
Like you don’t even think about it, you just do it.
我相信我的文笔是糟糕的
I am sure that writing is awful.
但是我做了
But I did it.
没有一点犹豫 我建立了自己的图书公司
Without even hesitation I made my own book companies.
有本事就阻止我 你敢吗
Stop me, I dare you.
我从来不思虑过多
I can never thought about it twice.
只要自己付诸行动
Just because DIY, man.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

去做吧,阻止你的不是事情本身,而是你自己的恐惧和畏难情绪。

听录译者

gideon

翻译译者

ABC

审核员

审核员ZY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjuGNuaOJeU

相关推荐