未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

保护海洋,从清理海洋幽灵陷阱做起

Protecting Our Oceans from Ghost Traps

每年大约
Roughly every year,
36万吨渔具丢失在水里
360,000 tons of fishing gear is lost in the water.
虽然它们被遗弃了
Eventhough they were abandoned,
它们仍然在捕捉动物
they’re still catching animals
我一直对没有人为此做任何事感到震惊
and I was always appalled that nobody was doing anything about all.
我的名字叫Kurt Lieber 我是海洋防卫者联盟主席和创办者
My name is Kurt Lieber. I’m the president and founder of Ocean Defenders Alliance.
我们让志愿潜水员清除被遗弃的商业渔具
We get volunteer divers to remove abandoned commercial fishing gears.
所有丢在水里的渔网 诱捕器和绳索仍然在捕杀动物
So all the nets, traps and lines that out there that are still killing animals.
那是我们正在关注和清理的东西
That’s what we are focusing on and removing.
通常一年里 我们会从这些渔具中找到十到十二个捕捉鲸鱼的铁丝网
Typically in a year, we will have 10 to 12 whale entanglements from this fishing gear.
在最近四年里 铁丝网的数量已经从12个上升到了约72个
Over the last 4 years, that number has climbed from 12 roughly to 72.
所以情况正在变得更糟糕
So it’s getting worse.
我们的主要焦点是被遗弃的龙虾笼
Our main focus are the abandoned lobster traps.
这些龙虾笼和蟹笼用绳索连接着
These lobster traps and crab traps have lines attached to them
绳索有连接水面的水面信号浮标 船只出现会剪断绳索
and the line has a surface marker buoy that goes to the surface and a boat comes along and cuts that
或者绳索在暴风雨中四处移动 渔民就无法找到它
or it gets moved around in the storm and the fishmen can’t find it.
他们不会毫无理由就丢弃它们
They don’t leave them behind just for no good reason.
我不得不说我们的考察队非常混乱
Our expeditions are pretty chaotic, I have to say.
通常清晨我们就会和六位潜水员出发
We start out early in the morning with usually 6 divers.
找到这些诱捕器非常困难 因为很明显你看不到水下的东西
It’s really difficult to locate these traps cause obviously you can’t see through the water.
就像猎食和啄食之类的事情 很不划算
It’s like a hunt and peck kind of a thing, and it’s not cost effective.
但是当你谈到生命的时候
But when you talking about life,
是否划算很重要吗
does it matter if it’s cost effective or not?
我觉得不重要
Not in my eyes.
我让潜水员到达某个地方 然后抛下锚
I get them out to a site. We drop anchor.
他们偶尔会发现一个诱捕器 他们把一个浮力袋系在了上面
Say them come across a trap, they attach a lift bag to it.
然后浮力袋就会浮到水面
The lift bag then goes to the surface
和相连的诱捕器一起
with the trap attached to it.
然后我们用起重机把它吊上来
And then we put it on the hoist.
海洋对我们人类的存在非常失望
The ocean has been really dismayed over our life time.
我是一个战士 我会献身于战斗 我的大多数志愿者也是这样认为的
I’m a fighter. I would go down fighting and most of my volunteers feel the same way.
我不知道我是否对全球范围内的问题做出了很大影响
I don’t know if I’m making a big difference in the overall scope of worldwide problems.
你一生只能处理这么多的事情 我在做我能亲身做的事情
You can only tackle so much in your life and I’m doing what I can personally.
当你来到这里 看到你对当地做出影响 那就是推动我们前进的动力
When you get down there and see the impact that you’re making locally, that’s what keeps us going.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

保护海洋生物我们义不容辞,清理捕捉海洋生物笼是当务之急

听录译者

?

翻译译者

果酱班戟

审核员

审核员T

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCKPsVi3vBo

相关推荐