ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

MIT的赖夫校长对2017毕业生的演讲 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

MIT的赖夫校长对2017毕业生的演讲

President Reif's Charge to 2017 Graduates

谢谢你 利安娜 你刚才的演讲很棒 还有你的评论也很棒
Thank you, Liana, for a very nice speech you gave us, and for your remarks.
非常感谢 长辈祝福委员会
I want to deeply thank the Senior Gift Committee,
非常感谢那些支持麻省理工学院学生活动的人
and everyone who contributed to this wonderful gift to support student activities at MIT.
还有那些来自纽约市区的校友志愿者
I also want to recognize the alumni volunteers from the New York Metro area
他们提供了挑战资助项目 这为今年高年级学生的福利增加了份量
who provided the Challenge Grant toincrease the impact of gifts from this year’s senior class.
其中许多挑战者今天也到场了
Many of those Challengers are in the audience today.
非常感谢你们
So, thank you.
谢谢你们的领袖风范 慷慨豪爽
Thank you for your leadership and generosity.
那么我们的毕业生
Now to the graduates–
[掌声]
[APPLAUSE]
2017届毕业生 祝贺你们
Now to the graduates of 2017, congratulations.
[欢呼声和掌声]
[CHEERING AND APPLAUSE]
现在你们要洗耳恭听我的长篇大论了
You have to suffer my speech first.
我今天的工作就是给你们充电
My job today is to deliver a charge to you.
稍后咱们就开始
And I will get to that in a minute.
但是首先 我要感谢那些庆祝你们毕业的人
But first, I want to recognize the people who help you charge this far.
感谢今天上午参加毕业典礼的所有人 欢迎来到麻省理工学院
To everyone who came here this morning to celebrate our graduates, welcome to MIT.
[掌声]
[APPLAUSE]
毕业生们 下一步
Now, graduates, for this nextacknowledgment,
我要请你们帮助我
I’m going to need your help.
我后面 左肩上方 有架摄像机
Right behind me, over my left shoulder, there is a camera.
一会儿 我要请你们欢呼 并冲着摄像机挥手
In a moment, I’m going to ask you to please cheer and wave to the camera.
所以我一声令下 你们就开始
So please, cheer and wave when I ask you.
我要向那些不能到场的人 但来自各地的他们在线关注着毕业典礼
I would like to offer a special greeting to all those who were not able to come to campus,
致以特别的问候
but who are watching and cheering on today’s graduates online, fromlocations all over the globe.
很高兴有你们参与
We are very glad to have you with us, too.
现在 毕业生们 开始吧
Now, graduates, this is the moment.
请欢呼 挥手
Please cheer and wave.
[欢呼]
[CHEERING]
[鼓掌]
[APPLAUSE]
看 我认为还不够好
Look, I think you can do better than that.
记住 你们的证书还在我手里
And remember, I’ve still got your diplomas.
所以再来一次 请欢呼挥手
So one more time, please cheer and wave.
[欢呼]
[CHEERING]
谢谢你们
Thank you.
毕业生的父母和家人们
And to the parents and families of today’s graduates,
也祝贺你们
a huge congratulations to you, as well.
你们用爱的支持和牺牲 培养了今天的莘莘学子
For you, this day is the joyful result of years of loving support and sacrifice.
请接受我深深的感谢和敬意
Please accept our deep gratitude and admiration.
[鼓掌]
[APPLAUSE]
感谢你们今天来到基里安方庭前 见证这一隆重的时刻
It is great to have all of you here on Killian Court on this wonderful day for this tremendously important occasion.
事实上 在今天这个庄重的毕业典礼上
In fact, this is such a solemn and serious ceremony,
你们应该不会介意玩个小游戏吧
that I thought you would not mind if we play a little game.
欢迎毕业班学生Lilly Chin
With a big shoutout to graduating senior Lilly Chin–
[欢呼声掌声四起]
[SCATTERED CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]
我称之为 2017年麻省理工学院版的《危险边缘》
–I call this game MIT Jeopardy 2017.
[欢呼声]
[CHEERING]
你们都知道危险边缘的游戏规则吧
So, you all know how Jeopardy works.
我提供线索 你们回答
I give the clues, and then you give the answers,
以问题的形式
but in the form of questions.
让我们通过例子联系一下
So let me give you a couple of examples just to practice.
线索是 第一条线索是
If the clue is– here is the first clue–
它是一种革命性的基因编辑系统 和你家的冰箱抽屉同名
this revolutionary gene editing system shares its name with a drawer in your refrigerator,
你们说这是什么?
You would say what is?
回答者:基因编辑技术
SPEAKER: CRISPR.
哇 回答的很好
Whoa, that was great.
基因编辑技术是正确答案
What is CRISPR.
下一题
Next clue.
[欢呼声]
[CHEERING]
下一题
Next clue.
这种震动现象强大到
The vibrations from this phenomenon were so gigantic
30亿光年以外都能探测到
that they could be detected three billion light years away.
你们会说 当然是全校舞会啦
You would say what are the campus-wide dance parties.
[大笑]
[LAUGHTER]
[欢呼声]
[CHEERING]
好的 看起来你们懂得游戏规则了
OK, looks like you’ve got it.
咱们开始玩了
Ready to play.
我希望你们待会儿大声回答
I expect you to answer the next one loudly.
仔细听好
So listen closely.
问题是
Here is your clue.
马萨诸塞州剑桥市的一所学校 它是世界上最伟大的大学
This school in Cambridge,Massachusetts may, in fact, be the
world’s greatest university.
请问学校的名字是?
What is?
回答:(大声)麻省理工学院
SPEAKER: (SHOUTING) MIT!
答对了 下一个
OK, one more.
下一个问题是
One more.
因招收麻省理工学院最聪明的学生而闻名的研究领域
If the clue is this field of study is known for enrolling all of the smartest students at MIT,
很明显 当然是 停停停
now obviously that would be, of course– oh, stop, stop.
问错了
Wrong clue.
这个太简单了
Wrong clue.
大错特错了
Big mistake.
我不打算这样问了
I’m not going there.
[笑声]
[LAUGHTER]
现在 请听题
Now, if the clue is,
最勇敢最杰出的是苹果现任CEO
this brave and brilliant man is the current CEO of Apple.
你们想问蒂姆·库克是谁
You might be tempted to say who is Tim Cook.
毫无疑问 他就是人气爆棚的那个人啦
But without question, the best answer would be who is the spiciestmemelord.
[欢呼声]
[CHEERING]
我对蒂姆上午的话印象深刻
I was extremely impressed by Tim’s remarks this morning.
我希望你们也是如此
And I expect you were, too.
在过去的几年里
Over the last few years,
他在言论自由 同性恋权利 隐私权 对气候变化采取行动的必要性等关键问题上采取了大胆公开的立场
he has taken bold public positions on key issues on free speech, gay rights, the right to privacy, the need for action on climate change and more.
通过做这些 我相信他是一个了不起的典范
In doing so, I believe he’s setting a tremendous example
教我们成为一个合格的公民和领导
of what it means to be a citizen and a leader.
非常感谢蒂姆今天到场
And I’m deeply grateful to have Tim with us today.
[掌声]
[APPLAUSE]
但是刚开始邀请蒂姆出席毕业典礼时
But when we first invited Tim to speak at commencement,
我是这样告诉他的
I tried to talk him into doing something a little different.
我说 蒂姆 太棒了
I said, Tim, it’s perfect.
麻省理工学院的毕业典礼是在周五
MIT commencement is on a Friday.
你们总是在周五发布新手机
You always release your new phones on a Friday.
不如在周五发布iPhone 8吧?
So how about releasing the iPhone 8?
[笑声]
[LAUGHTER]
蒂姆当然没听我的
Tim did not bite.
但是事实是
But the truth is,
今天我要在这里发布一款激动人心的新产品
today I am the one presiding over the release of a mind-blowing new product.
这款产品是限量版
This product is a limited edition,
私人订制
and it’s extremely personalized.
事实上 它有2700多种
In fact, it comes in more than 2,700 varieties.
我要说的是 台下的你们
And let me tell you, when you line them up together,
是最难忘的 最美的一幕
they make an impressive and beautiful display.
此言不虚
You do make an impressive and beautiful display.
这款新产品的操作系统是不可思议的
The operating system for our latest product is amazing.
它有无与伦比的处理能力和内置储存
It has unmatched processing ability and built-in memory.
我知之甚详 因为我们测试了
I know because we have tested it and retested it
一遍又一遍
over and over and over.
[掌声]
[APPLAUSE]
我还要说的是 我们的产品还拥有3D面部识别系统呢
And Tim, I have to point out that our product already has 3D sensing facial recognition.
[笑声]
[LAUGHTER]
在麻省理工学院 我到今天才知道我们的产品是如此的超凡脱俗
At MIT, we know that our product can do extraordinary things that we never thought possible before today.
由此可见
From experience, we know that
人们愿意为我们的产品掏高价
people are willing to pay atremendous amount for this product.
[笑声]
[LAUGHTER]
这并不稀奇
And that is really no surprise,
因为我可以非常自豪地告诉你们
because I’m very proud to tell you
我们今天发布的产品
that the product we launched today
有无限的能力
has an unlimited capacity to augment reality,
来创造更美好的世界
to make a better world.
[掌声]
[APPLAUSE]
有传言称iPhone 8没有Home键
There are rumors that the iPhone 8 may no longer have a Home button.
但是毕业生们 麻省理工学院永远是你们的家
But those of you who graduate today certainly do, right here.
我希望你们能明白这一点
And I hope that it will always bring you back right here to your home at MIT.
[掌声]
[APPLAUSE]
现在 发给你们证书之前
Now, before you get those diplomas,
来测试一下你们的无线充电能力吧
let’s demonstrate your capacity for wireless charging.
我毫不怀疑你们的创造力
I have no doubt that the creativity of today’s graduates
会成为新产品 新性能 新发现 新设计 新组织 整个新兴产业的源泉
will be the source of new products, new capabilities, new discoveries, new designs, new organizations and whole new industries.
我们不必惊讶于这些观念制造出的翻天覆地的变化
We should not be surprised if some of those new concepts are deeplydisruptive.
打破旧体系和成见
Disrupting old systems andassumptions
反而是个好主意
can be a very good idea,
但是可能要付出很大的代价
but it can also have a great human cost.
我希望
And I believe that,
作为这所理工大学的一员
as members of this Institute of Technology,
我们当然义不容辞要思考这些人类问题
thinking about this human question is very much our business, too.
这不是 这真的不是
It is not something– it is not something–
我们能推卸的
we can leave for other people to figure out.
这是关于我们要倾听多于谈论的问题
And it’s a question where we may need to do more listening than talking for quite a while.
所以我希望你们义无反顾
So I want to leave you with this thought.
在麻省理工学院 我们的使命引导我们推动知识进步 教育学生 用知识迎接最大的挑战
At MIT, our mission guides us to advance knowledge, to educate students, and to bring knowledge to bear on the world’s greatchallenges.
结果 我们主动解决大问题
As a result, we are driven andmotivated to work on big problems,
我们乐此不疲
and we like to solve them.
在某种程度上 我们通过开发新技术实现这一目的
in part, by developing newtechnologies.
但事实是
But the truth is that
今天的最大挑战之一是如何驾驭科技本身意想不到的弊端
one of today’s great challenges is how to help society navigate the unintended impact of technology itself.
所以当你们共同工作
So as you work together
提出新想法 发明新产品
to conjure new ideas, to invent new products,
设计新方式去制造它们 使用它们时
to design new ways to manufacture them, and devise new ways to use them in the world,
我希望你们从一开始就考虑到这些产品对我们社会的影响
I hope you will consider their impact on all of society right from the start.
如果你们不是亡羊补牢
If you can make this assessment not an afterthought
而是未雨绸缪
but a first concern,
你们会不断地去解决一个又一个艰难的挑战
you will contribute to solving one of the deepest and most difficult challenges of our time.
在你们度过大学时光时
During the time you have spent on our campus,
我们的社会饱经催拉
the fabric of our society hasexperienced many serious strains.
所以我非常欣慰 在这个校园里
So I’m very grateful that, on thiscampus,
这几年里源源不断
the last few years have also seen
一个新团体茁壮成长
a new blossoming of community,
从容不迫地 培养人脉和同情心
and of deliberate efforts to cultivate connection and compassion
欣然分享进步
and shared progress with shared joy.
这种团结一致 其乐融融
The feeling of connection and unity
对你们树立榜样、想法、领导力大有裨益
has a great deal to do with the example and ideas and leadership of those of you who graduate today.
因此我有自信
And that is what gives me theconfidence
委以重任
to deliver my charge to you.
现在我要说一句话
Now, I’m going to use a word that
这句话非常贴切我们麻省理工学院
feels very comfortable at MIT,
但其他人可能不以为然
although it has taken on a troubling new meaning elsewhere in the world.
但我知道你们懂我的意思
But I know that our graduates will know what I mean.
当你们踏上新征途时
After you depart for your new destinations,
我想要你们去“骇客”这个世界
I want to ask you to hack the world
让这个世界变得更像麻省理工学院
until you make the world a little more like MIT.
让这个世界更加有胆量 热情 严谨 有创造力 有追求
More daring and more passionate, more rigorous, inventive and ambitious,
更谦逊 恭敬 慷慨 和善
more humble, more respectful, more generous, more kind.
今天上午 有2700名新毕业生
This morning, I see more than 2,700 new graduates,
将开启自己的人生新篇章
who are ready for that lifelong problem set.
你们是成就了麻省理工学院 也必将成就世界
You made MIT better, and you will make a better world.
你们来时天资卓越
You came to MIT with exceptional qualities of your own,
你们离开时满腹经纶
and now you leave us equipped with a rare set of skills,
你们代表着麻省理工学院的实质
and steeped in this community’s deepest values–
追求卓越 正直 精英 大胆 谦逊
a commitment to excellence, integrity, meritocracy, boldness, humility,
合作的开放精神
an open spirit of collaboration,
有强烈的发挥积极意义的欲求
a strong desire to make a positive impact,
让世界更美好的责任感
and a sense of responsibility to make the world a better place.
我希望你终身携带麻省理工学院的精神
I hope you take your MIT values with you,
我希望你总是聆听世界的心声
and I hope you always take time to listen to the world,
因为若要成为优秀的人 杰出的麻省理工“产品” 这是秘诀
because that is the secret of making yourselves the finest human beings and the most magnificent MIT product
你们可以的
that you can be,
因为世界迫切需要你们的才华
because I also see a planet that urgently needs everything you have to offer.
现在 走出这里 走进世界 发现自己的使命
So now, go out there, join the world, find your calling,
解决难题 创造未来 高歌猛进
solve the unsolvable, invent the future, take the high road,
你们会继续让家人
and you will continue to make your family,
还有母校麻省理工学院 为你们骄傲
including your MIT family, proud.
今天 我以你们为荣
On this wonderful day, I’m proud of all of you.
2017届所有毕业生们
To every one of the members of the graduating class of 2017,
祝你们心想事成 事业有为
please accept my best wishes for a happy and successful life and career.
祝贺你们
Congratulations.
[鼓掌]
[APPLAUSE]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

赖夫校长的演讲幽默而不失深度,同时亦不乏温暖,来看看校长对莘莘学子们的希冀吧……

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

ccz

审核员

vicky

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn3LFg_bmws

相关推荐