It is only a few weeks until autum is officially here,
再过几周秋天才算正式到来
but I can already detect a few subtle shifts in my world.
但我已经察觉到了一些微妙的变化
The days are just a little cooler,
天气渐渐凉爽
and we have finally had some rain.
终于下了点雨
A few tentative leaves have started to show the first dapples of red and orange.
一些叶子已经开始试探性地出现或红或橙的斑点
A richness of color is on its way, and will sweep over the valley at the end of the month,
缤纷的色彩将会在月末遍布山谷
transforming the landscape and kissing the tamarack trees with a gold hue.
景色变幻 给落叶松披上了一层金色的外衣
I’m so excited for it.
真是赏心悦目
However, autumn isn’t here quite yet.
虽然秋季还未完全到来
But there are things that I like to do in September to prepare.
但我想在九月为秋季做点准备
I still have flowers in my garden,
我的花园里还开着花
but since many will soon go to seed,
但因为有很多花马上就要结籽了
I am spending the next few weeks
我会在接下来的几周
harvesting what I need for my winter teas and herbs,
采摘我需要的冬茶和草药
and finishing any last art pieces that I’ve been putting off.
完成我一直推迟的最后一件作品
Of coures, as a special summer celebration for myself this morning,
当然 作为今早我为自己准备的特别的夏季庆典
I decide to decorate my hair with fresh flowers.
我打算用鲜花装饰我的头发
If you’ve watched my other videos
如果你看过我其他的视频
you will know that I have a passion for flowers,
就会知道我酷爱花
and the only downside of autumn
秋天的唯一缺点
is that I won’t see them again until next spring,
就是要到下个春天 它们才能再次出现
so I am enjoying them while I still can.
所以我要趁花期还在 好好欣赏
I will be honest with you, this summer has been tough on me.
说实话 这个夏季对我来说很难熬
I have even noticed that my last few videos were far more introspective than usual.
我注意到我前几个视频比平常更加内省
I appreciate all of you who have been so supporting during this time.
我很感激你们这段时间以来的大力支持
With the approach of Autumn, I am feeling light and positive again,
随着秋季的到来 我再次感受到光明和希望
hope for a wonderful seaon for us,
希望这是一个美好的季节
and rose hips, and fallen leaves.
还有玫瑰果和落叶
I tend to read more books during the darker months,
在那段难熬的日子里 我会读更多的书
and I like to keep a journal full of my observations and ideas.
我喜欢把我的所见所想都写到日记里
I also like to decorate it with dried leaves and plants,
我也喜欢用枯叶和干草装饰日记本
and add some poems that inspire me,
然后写上一些激励自己的诗
and I have composed myself.
让自己沉静下来
I am not a professional journal maker
我不是专业的手帐制作家
and to be honest, have little patience for it.
说实话 我只是对此有点耐心
I sometimes rush my steps to the detriment of the end result,
我有时太着急了反而弄巧成拙
but really value having a special book that I made myself
但我真的很想在自制的特殊笔记本上
where I can share my heart and writing.
分享我的心声和文字
Often our immediate inclination when we want something new
通常 当我们想要些新东西 比如杂志
like a journal or decorations for our home is to buy it,
或家里的装饰品时 第一反应就是去买
especially when items are so readily available.
尤其是那些容易买到的东西
And yet, I think when it comes to highly personal objects, like diaries
但是我认为像日记这种极为私人化的东西
making it can be a sort of peaceful ceremony,
其制作的过程有点像平和的仪式
where we imbue our own love into the process,
我们把自己的爱融入其中
and come out of it with something truly unique.
然后得到真正独一无二的东西
Maybe it doesn’t have the perfection of a factory produced item,
也许它没有工厂生产出的产品那么完美
but it is a product of our time and care.
但却是我们投入了时间和精力的产物
It has a story.
它是有故事的
I believe the same goes for decorations.
我相信装饰也是如此
I carefully consider each item I bring into my home,
我买东西前都会再三考虑
often asking myself that if instead of buying an item,
时常问自己 如果我不买这件东西
could instead gain the knowledge and experience of creating it?
我能够获得创造它的知识和经验吗?
This October I will be making my own broom,
十月份我会做一把扫帚
some fall themed art for the walls, and other crafts.
一些秋季主题的墙壁艺术和其他工艺品
I am very excited to work with my hands
我很高兴动手制作东西
and discover what I’m capable of.
然后发现自己的擅长所在
I encourage you to do as well,
我鼓励你也这么做
and please share it with me,
请与我一同分享
while I cannot respond to all my messages,
虽然我无法回复所有的消息
I still love to see what you’re working on.
但是我仍喜欢看到大家分享自己做的事
Bringing the harvest and foraging any you last little bits of plants and berries
搜寻采摘最后的一点植物和浆果
is something I always doing in early September.
是我九月初一直在做的事
This day I was looking for huckleberries,
今天我要去找美洲越橘
which is a fascinating plant that is native to this region.
这是当地一种迷人的植物
It is a great source of nutrients
美洲越橘营养丰富
and can be used in a variety of different ways.
用途广泛
Berries can be made into syrups and teas and cakes.
可以用来制作糖浆 茶叶和蛋糕
Huckleberries prefer to grow in mountainous areas – for example,
美洲越橘喜欢生长在多山地区 举个例子
in a basin like this, you can find them covering most of the ground,
像这样的盆地 你可以发现在地面上到处都是
they are so abundant, it’s hard not to crush juicy berries underfoot as you walk.
多到你走路时 很难不踩碎脚下多汁的浆果
That’s why, in late summer when the first rain
正因如此 我喜欢在暮夏的第一场雨
softens the mossy rocks and trails,
浸润了长满苔藓的岩石和小路时
I like to walk barefoot.
赤脚走路
The wet earth feels so comforting under my feet.
潮湿的地面踩在脚下很舒服
One of my favorite things about the huckleberry
我最喜欢美洲越橘的一点
is that it doesn’t like to be tamed.
是它们不喜欢被驯服
Growing it in a more domestic garden is very difficult,
美洲越橘很难在家庭花园里种植
and it prefers to be wild,
它更喜欢生长在户外
living it’s natural cycle among the mountain peaks.
生长于在山峰间的自然环境中
I find this little berry very inspiring.
我发现这些美洲越橘能带给我很多灵感
It makes me wonder if all of us have a little wild streak,
我猜是不是我们所有人都有点放荡不羁
something more primitive that doesn’t quite fit into the mundane world.
这些更为原始的性格与世俗的世界不太符合
I think that undomesticated side of me
我想正是我那未被驯化的一面
is what brings me up to these mountains
把我带到了这些山上
time and again to reap the harvest of the wild lands.
一次又一次地收获着荒原上的丰收
I think we all have a wild side, one that cannot be controlled,
我相信我们都有无法控制的野性的一面
and maybe that’s a good thing.
也许这是件好事
If we listen to it, it calls to go out in nature,
如果我们听从它 它就会召唤我们走向大自然
to preserve the magic in this world.
去保护这个世界的奇妙
Please let me konw what you love to do in order to prepare for autum.
请告诉我你喜欢为秋季做些什么准备
I’m so looking forward to this time the year,
我很期待今年的秋季
and I’m so exicting to share with you.
也很开心能与你一同分享
My valley looks so different in october.
我这边的山谷在十月显得格外不同
and it’s just magical.
很神奇
I hope you have a wonderful day or night and take care,
祝大家生活愉快 身体健康
sending you my love.
比心
Etsy店铺(链接在底下)
