未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么电影会让我们落泪

POP CULTURE: When and Why We Cry In Films

我们在看到荧幕里上演悲伤画面时 经常会落泪
It’s normal to think that we’ll cry when sad stuff happens on screen,
当开始喜欢的角色死了
when a character we’ve come to like dies,
看好的恋情破裂了
when a relationship we wanted to believe in falls apart
最爱的动物死了
when a favorite animal doesn’t make it.
我们看到这些场景时当然会流些眼泪
Of course, we do sometimes shed tears here,
但是奇怪的是 随着年纪渐长
but the odd thing is, especially the older we get,
我们就不再因为悲惨的剧情哭泣
we start crying not when things are horrible,
恰恰相反 那些不经意间让你觉得
but when a suddenly, and unexpectedly precisely the opposite,
甜蜜 柔软 美好 纯真的事情反而让你想要哭泣
when a unusually sweet, tender, joyful, innocent upcoming.
这个小不点就是Beatrice
And the little one is Beatrice.
噢 Beatrice 她那个时候看起来就是一个淘气包
Oh, Beatrice, she’s got mischief in her eye, isn’t she?
对啊 不可思议
Yeah, unbelievable.
我要拿点纸巾
I’ve got napkins.
好吧 这次他撑了33秒
okay, 33 seconds.
比如说 当一个原本冷漠的糙汉父亲突然展现他的柔情
For example, when a rather gruff, distant father shows vulnerability,
我为你骄傲 Flint
I’m proud of you, Flint.
我从来没想过我这样一个平凡的人
I’m amazed that someone as ordinary as me
能有一个你这么棒的儿子
could be the father of someone as extraordinary as you.
争吵的情侣重归于好
when two lovers who’ve been growling make it up,
孩子说出非常天真又暖心的话语
when a child says something incredibly sweet and innocent,
我知道 我很棒
I know. I’m really good.
人与人之间的汩汩柔情
when someone is so tender with somebody else.
相较于残酷的剧情 这样的慈悲与美好
Far more than grimness, it’s a particular grace and loveliness
更容易让你在某一个时刻感到心痛
which can, for a moment, feel heart breaking.
我们哭 并不是因为荧幕上又上演了悲伤的故事
We’re crying not because something sad has happened on the screen,
而是因为这些美好的画面让我们想起了
but because what so lovely on the screen is nudging us to realize semi-consciously
我们人生正在经历的种种伤痛
that something pretty sad things had been happening in our lives.
这些美好让我们注意到眼前的的挣扎困苦
The loveliness is drawing our attention to some of the struggles we face
还有那些让我们苦求而不得的
and to some of the things we really want but finding it so hard to get:
和解 原谅 温柔 一场争吵的结束 一次道歉的机会
reconciliation, forgiveness, tenderness, an end to the fighting, a chance to say sorry.
我们看见美好的片段便泪流不止 是因为人生大部分并不美好
We start to cry at a brief vision of state of grace from which we exiled most of the time.
我们为这这世界上消失的纯真而心痛
We ache for all the lost innocence of the world.
这些美好与善良让现实的丑恶愈发清晰
Loveliness and goodness can make the actual ugliness of our existence all the more vivid.
所以 如果人类想要制造出一个
That’s also why, if we would consider the unusual project of creating a robot
会在看电影时哭泣的机器人
that could cry at the movies,
就必定要做一些残忍的事情
we will have to do something apparently rather cruel.
我们要先让它体会人世间各种痛苦挣扎
We would have to ensure that this robot knew all about suffering,
因为只有在痛苦的映衬下 电影里美丽的场景
for it’s only against the background of pain, the beautiful scenes in films
才会显得更加动人 而不仅仅是表面的华丽
become deeply moving rather than merely nice.
眼泪告诉了我们一件重要的事实
Our tears are telling us something key,
我们现在的生活要比童年时艰难得多
that our lives are tougher than they used to be we were little,
而我们对于简单的美好与善良的渴望
and that our longing for uncomplicated niceness and goodness
也相对的更加强烈
is correspondingly all the more intense.
Jonny最后离开她了
But when Johnny leaves her at the end…
没关系 我懂 这是一部很励志的电影
No, I know, it’s a very inspiring movie.
要是敢跟别人说我就弄死你
If you tell anyone I’ll kill you.
嗯嗯 我知道 我知道
Yeah, understood, yeah, I understand.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

随着我们年纪变大,美好的东西反而更加催泪。这也许是因为现实里悲伤越来越多,幸福却越来越少了吧。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

尤机灵

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-SrtkVmaj8

相关推荐