ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

小恶魔的毕业演讲 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

小恶魔的毕业演讲

Peter Dinklage | This is Why Only 1% SUCCEED and What 99% Are Not DOING

Ever tried, ever failed, no matter.
尝试过 失败过 没什么
Try again, fail again, fail better.
再尝试 再失败 成长了
I had so many dreams of where I wanted to go,
我曾有很多梦想 我有想去的地方
who I wanted to be, and what I wanted to do.
想成为的人 想做的事情
Theater companies I wanted to start with classmates.
我有想和同学合伙开的剧团
Movies I wanted to be in.
我有想参演的电影
Directors I wanted to work with.
我有想合作的导演
Stories I needed to tell.
我还有不少想讲的故事
It might take a little time I thought,
我想这可能需要一点时间
but it would happen.
但它终将会实现
What I didn’t have was cash,
我没有钱
a bank account,
没有银行账户
a credit card or an apartment.
没有信用卡也没有房子
I just had debt.
我只有债务
a big hungry growing larger every moment debt.
一个每时每刻都在增长扩张的债务
I packed the life that I knew
我把我熟悉的生活
with socks and a toothbrush into my backpack.
连同袜子和牙刷一起塞进了背包
And I slept on couch,
我当起了沙发客
after couch, after couch, after couch
一个沙发接着一个沙发
at friends apartments in New York.
辗转借住在各个纽约朋友的公寓里
Until I wore out their rent paying roommates’ welcome.
直到我透支了朋友那些需要付房租的室友的好意
I dusted pianos at a piano store on Ludlow Street
我给拉德洛街道一家钢琴店擦灰
for five months.
擦了五个月
I worked on the property of a Shakespeare scholar for a year,
我曾为一位莎士比亚学者工作一年
pulling weeds and removing bees nests.
给他家除草和清蜂窝
I went on unemployment once, but for not for long,
我失业过一次 不过不太久
I couldn’t handle the guilt.
因为受不了那种内疚感
Eventually I was able to pay rent
终于我能够付得起租金了
for a spot on the floor of an apartment on the Lower East Side.
那是下东区的一个公寓底层
But my roommate had a breakdown and disappeared.
但我的室友精神崩溃消失了
And then finally,
而终于
after two years of job and couchsurfing,
在做了两年杂工和沙发客之后
I got a job.
我找到了工作
In application process, as a data enterer.
在一家叫做专业考试服务的公司
At a place called professional examination services.
做跟应用处理相关的数据录入工作
And I stayed for six years.
这一干就是六年
Six years!
六年啊
From the age of 23 to 29.
从23岁到29岁
Well, they loved me there, I was funny.
他们都很喜欢我 我很搞笑
I wore black, no cape, no tights.
我穿一身黑 不搭披肩 不穿紧身衣
[Laughter]
[笑]
I smoked in the loading docks with the guys from the mailroom,
我和收发室的同事一起在装卸区抽烟
and we shared how hungover we all were.
聊我们宿醉的经历
I called in sick almost every Friday,
几乎每周五我都请病假
because I was out late the night before.
因为我前一晚在外面待到很晚
I hated that job and I clung to that job.
我痛恨那份工作 却又紧紧抓住不放
Because of that job, I could afford my own place.
因为那份工作 我才能付得起房租
My dream of running a theater company with my friend and fellow Bennington graduate, Ian Bell, had died.
但我想和我本宁顿大学的朋友Ian Bell一起开剧团的梦想破灭了
When I was 29, I told myself
到29岁的时候 我告诉自己
the next acting job I get, no matter what it pays,
下一份我找到的演艺相关的工作 无论待遇如何
I will from now on, for better or worse, be a working actor.
发展如何 我都要拿下 我要做一个全职演员
I got a low-paying theater job in a play called Imperfect Love,
我在一部叫《不完美的爱》的剧中得到了一个小角色
which led to a film called 13 Moons with the same writer,
这让我得以出演同一个编剧的电影《十三个月亮》
which led to other roles, which led to other roles.
因此得到了更多的角色
And I’ve worked as an actor ever since.
从此 我成为了一名演员
I didn’t know that would happen.
我从未想过这一切真的发生了
At 29, walking away from data processing.
在29岁的年纪 离开数据处理工作
I was terrified.
我怂了
Ten years in a place without heat.
住在没有暖气的地方十年
Six years of a job I felt stuck in.
困在同一个工作六年
Maybe I was afraid of change.
或许我害怕变化
Are you?
你呢?
So at 29, in a very long last.
所以29岁时 很长一段时间
I was in the company of the actors and writers and directors.
在演员 编剧和导演的陪伴下
I’d sought out that first year, that first day after school.
我开始了第一年生活 毕业后的第一天人生
I was, I am by their sides.
我曾经 现在依然在他们身边
Raise the rest of your life to meet you.
押上你的余生 去寻找真正的自己
Don’t search for defining moments,
不要去寻找决定性的时机
because they will never come.
因为它们永远不会降临
The moments that define you have already happened,
决定你的时刻已经发生
and they will already happen again.
也会再次发生
And it passes so quickly.
它稍纵即逝
So please bring each other along with you.
所以请结伴同行
You, you just get a bit derailed.
你只是有点迷失
But soon something starts to happen, trust me.
但相信我 契机很快就会出现
The rhythm sets in.
你会步入正轨
Just try not to wait, until like me, you’re 29 before you find it.
不要等待 不要像我一样 29岁才找到它
And if you are, that’s fine too, some of us never find it.
如果你真等到那时候 也行 有些人一辈子都没找到它
But you will, I promise you.
但你不会 我保证
You are already here.
你已经在这了
You’ll find your rhythm
你会找到你的节奏
or…continue the one you have already found.
或者在你已经找到的道路上继续前行
Don’t wait until they tell you you are ready.
不要等到他们告诉你 你准备好了
Get in there, sing.
自己上场 歌唱
The world might say you are not allowed to yet.
世界可能会告诉你 你还没准备好
I waited a long time out in the world
我等了这个世界很久
before I gave myself permission to fail.
才允许自己失败
My parents didn’t have much money,
我父母没有什么钱
but they struggled to send me to the best school.
但他们竭尽全力送我去最好的学校
And one of the most important things they did for me,
他们为我做的最重要的一件事
was that once I graduated, I was on my own.
就是让我一毕业就自力更生
Financially, it was my journey.
经济独立 这是我的必经之路
This made me very hungry, literally.
这让我吃不饱 真的吃不饱
I couldn’t be lazy.
所以我不能偷懒
At the end of the day, none of us are happy with our jobs all the time.
说到底 没有人会一直满意自己的工作
But I just sort of, I-I-I-I had some perseverance
但我很享受 我还挺有毅力
in terms of what I wanted to do and what I didn’t want to do.
无论我想不想做
And I think “No” is a very powerful word in our business,
我认为”不“在生活里是一个非常有力的词
that is very hard to use early on in your career.
在职业生涯的早期 你可能很少会用到它
But I also think I was pretty arrogant when I was younger.
但我认为我年轻时很嚣张
So, I used that word maybe too much,
所以 也许我用那个词太多了
but it also helped me with the finding roles that I did like.
但它也帮助我找到了我真正喜欢的东西
We burn very brightly, please don’t ever stop!
我们拥有璀璨人生 请不要停下
Please, don’t even bother asking.
拜托 别问了
Don’t bother telling the world you are ready.
别费心告诉世界你已经准备好了
Show it, do it.
去展示自我 放手一搏吧
What did Beckett say?
贝克特是怎么说的?
Ever tried, ever failed, no matter.
尝试过 失败过 没什么大不了
Try again, fail again, fail better.
再尝试 再失败 离成功更近了
The world is yours.
世界是你的
Treat everyone kindly, and light up the night.
善待每个人 照亮黑暗

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

穷困潦倒直到29岁,干过很多临时工,最后还是坚定走演员的道路并最终成功,不要惧怕改变,不要惧怕失败,抓住属于自己的机会

听录译者

日月姓陈

翻译译者

咬人的小脑斧

审核员

审核员_BA

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCBnbRmXQtU

相关推荐