未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

笑对网暴 勇敢发声

Peachy Liv: How to protect your mental well-being online -- from a Gen-Zer | TED

When I was 12, I had a dream to tell one million young people
12岁时 我梦想告诉一百万年轻人
that it is possible to close the gap
学习应该是怎样的感觉
between how learning should feel like
和学习实际上的感觉间的差距
and how it actually feels.
是可能缩小的
All my friends went to school out of pressure
我所有的朋友都迫于压力而上学
to compete in gaining the highest grades,
为了拿到最高分而竞争
which leads to depending their self-worth on numbers,
这导致他们用分数来评定自我价值
normalizing cheating and hating school.
也导致了作弊和憎恨学校变成了正常现象
I had this mission
我有这个使命感
because I wanted young people to fight for our right
因为我想让年轻人 为了我们的权利而战
to have an education
以获得一种教育
that encourages us to learn out of internal curiosity
可以鼓励我们出于内心的好奇心而学习
instead of external pressure,
而不是为外部压力所迫
and one that feels rewarding, fun, self-fulfilling and collaborative.
这种教育是有益的 有趣的 满足的 协作的
So I thought if I could talk in front of a thousand people at a time,
所以我想如果我每次能在一千人面前说这个
I would just need to do that a thousand times
只需照这样做一千次
and then I would reach a million people, right?
我就能引起一百万人的注意 对吗?
Until I realized that I could reach millions of people all at once online,
直到我意识到我一次就能在网上引起数百万人的注意
for me, realizing that felt like finding a superpower.
对我来说 意识到这点就像找到了超能力
That’s when I started my journey
就在那时 我开始了
as an educational content creator and changemaker.
作为教育内容创作者和改革者的旅程
So I created videos that challenge students to find the subjects
所以我创作视频 考验学生找到
they are curious and passionate about,
其好奇并热爱的学科的能力
provided tips on making learning fun
提供了让学习变得有趣的窍门
and demonstrated how technology could transform how we learn
并演示了技术如何改变我们的学习方式
and help us reach our fullest potentials.
并帮助我们发挥出最大的潜能
Since then, my videos on YouTube have been viewed more than 55 million times.
从那时起 我在油管上的视频浏览量超过了5500万
Plus, I’ve helped create social activism through my online work,
此外 我还通过线上工作帮助创建社会活动
starting online movements that encourage young people
启动在线运动鼓励年轻人
to speak up about their own concerns in education
说出他们在教育方面关心的问题
and share how they take action to solve them.
并分享他们是如何采取行动去解决的
I also became more involved with the online community
我也开始更多地参与
of UNICEF and U-Report Indonesia.
联合国儿童基金会和印尼U报告的在线社区
As a U-Report ambassador,
作为U报告的大使
I initiated large projects
我发起了大型项目
and invited other changemakers to join forces.
并邀请其他的改革者加入进来
For example, I coordinated a workshop on digital tools
比如 我组织了一个关于数字工具
and other 21st century skills
和其他21世纪技能的工作坊
to help build the capacity of hundreds of young people.
帮数百名年轻人培养出这些能力
I’ve had so many wonderful opportunities through UNICEF and U-Report
通过联合国儿童基金会和U报告以及我自己油管的频道
and my own YouTube channel
我得到了很多好机会
to try to positively shape the world for the better.
积极地去尝试让世界变得更美好
But I also discovered some downsides.
但我也发现了一些缺点
The downsides that I’m afraid too many young people have experienced
这些缺点恐怕很多年轻人
from being online.
都已在网上经历过
If you have a strong voice online,
如果你在网上有很强的发言权
especially as a young person
尤其是作为年轻人
and especially as someone trying to make change in the world,
作为一个尝试在世界上做出改变的年轻人
there is definitely pushback.
你一定会遇到阻力
It’s like by giving advice,
正如你给别人提建议
people think you’re putting yourself on a pedestal,
人们会认为你自视甚高
and so people try to knock you down.
所以人们试着把你打倒在地
For instance, one of the things I’ve talked about a lot
例如 我经常谈到一件事
is the possibility for Indonesian students to study abroad.
就是印尼学生出国留学的可能性
Of course, that meant people expected me to prove it was possible
当然 这意味着人们希望我通过出国留学
by studying abroad myself,
来证明这是可能的
and I really wanted to.
并且我真的很想去
Although I got into my dream university in Canada,
尽管我在加拿大考上了梦寐以求的大学
I didn’t get the scholarship I needed to afford attending.
但我却无法缴纳上学所需的学费
And when people kept posting online, saying things like,
当人们不断在网上发帖 说
“Why are you not in Canada?
“你为什么不在加拿大?
That’s why you shouldn’t be dreaming too high,”
这就是为什么你不应该好高骛远”
I felt embarrassed and so insecure about myself.
我觉得很尴尬 对自己很没安全感
Whether you have one follower on social media or one million,
不管你在社交媒体上有一个粉丝还是一百万粉丝
you’ve probably known this feeling.
你都可能明白这种感觉
Or maybe you don’t post the truth about your life
没准你没有发布你真实的生活
because you’re afraid to be judged.
因为你害怕被评判
I think the first part of the solution comes from within.
我想第一步解决方案来自于内心
It starts with self-awareness.
从自我意识开始
When we feel pressured by a certain expectation imposed by others,
当我们因他人强加的某种期望而感到压力时
it usually indicates that
这通常表示
that same expectation is also coming from within us.
我们内心也有同样的期望
I was disappointed in myself and sad
我曾对自己很失望 感到很难过
that I couldn’t live up to my own expectations.
因为我不能达到自己的期望
I realized that I expected myself to be an excellent role model
我意识到我期望自己能成为一个优秀的榜样
who could prove that everything is possible,
能证明一切皆有可能
which is the actual source of why I felt this massive pressure in the first place.
这是我一开始感到巨大压力的真正来源
The other part we need to work on inside ourselves is self-acceptance,
另一个我们需要改进的方面是自我接纳
which means embracing our flaws and failures
这意味着接纳我们的缺陷和失败
as important parts of what makes us human.
将其视为我们成长的重要部分
Through time, I was able to accept that I am allowed to make mistakes,
随着时间的推移 我能接受我是可以犯错的
that the only people who don’t fail are the people who don’t try.
只有什么都不做的人才永远不会失败
And I was trying to do great things,
而我正试着做伟大的事情
so, of course, I would face some challenges, right?
所以当然了 我会面临一些挑战 不是吗?
I think if we all find some self-awareness and self-acceptance,
我想如果我们都能有自我意识和自我接纳
then we can adjust.
那么我们就能够调整
It is so, so important to adjust our expectations
调整我们的期望非常非常重要
to be more aligned and realistic to our own current situation.
要使之更符合我们的现状 也要更现实
So instead of expecting myself to prove everything is possible,
所以我不再期待自己证明一切皆有可能
now I focus more on proving that we can always learn from our failures
而今更专注于证明我们总能从失败中汲取教训
and use what we’ve learned to help other people.
并用这些经验去帮助其他人
But let’s be clear,
但我们必须清楚
we can’t address the hardships of social media,
当我们在社交媒体上遇到困难
especially things like cyberbullying, with individual resilience alone.
尤其是像网暴这种事 无法凭一己之力解决
Because worldwide, more than one-third of young people
因为全球有超过三分之一的年轻人
have reported experiencing cyberbullying online.
曾报告遭受网暴
And so the other thing we must do
所以另一件必须做的事是
is to treat each other better in social media
在通用的社交媒体
and online communities in general.
和在线社区上善待彼此
After all, I’ve been attacked, criticized and harassed
毕竟即使是我出于好意发贴
even when I posted things out of good intentions.
我也被攻击 批评和骚扰过
In some cases,
在某些情况下
I’ve received some very extreme and disturbing messages.
我收到了一些非常极端和令人不安的信息
Being bullied online feels especially humiliating because of the scale:
由于规模巨大 被网暴让我感到特别丢脸
more people attacking you online than you even know in real life.
在网上攻击你的人甚至比你现实中认识的人还要多
And this happens to everyone in some way online,
在网上 每个人或多或少都会遇到这种事
not just to people with big followings.
不仅有大批粉丝的人会遇到
So I really think if we want better online spaces,
所以我真地认为如果我们想要更好的网络空间
we have to each play a role in creating them
那我们每人都必须为创造它们发挥作用
by committing to treat each other with kindness and respect,
即使我们不同意彼此的观点
even when we disagree.
也要致力于善待和尊重彼此
So before we leave a comment, we should always ask ourselves:
所以在我们留下评论之前 应该先问一下自己:
How would I feel if I were the one receiving this comment?
如果被评论的人是我 我会是怎样的感受?
And if you are being harassed or bullied online or offline,
如果你在线上或线下被骚扰或被欺负
please, please, please ask for help and support.
请一定 一定 一定要寻求帮助和支持
Being resilient does not mean we have to face things alone,
自我恢复能力强并不意味着必须独自去面对事情
we could be vulnerable at the same time,
我们同时也可以是脆弱的
reaching out and talking to trusted people
向值得信任的人寻求帮助并交谈
like our parents, best friends, teachers or even psychologists.
比如父母 好友 老师 乃至心理咨询师
In my case, I told my parents what I was going through,
以我为例 我向父母倾诉了自己的遭遇
and they kept me strong in resisting the urge to quit social media.
他们让我坚强起来 放弃了退出社交媒体的冲动
I also went to a psychologist to help me
我也向心理咨询师寻求帮助
overcome the mental health issues I faced due to cyberbullying.
来解决因网络霸凌而面临的心理健康问题
She suggested that I take a break from social media
她建议我先暂时离开社交媒体
to ground myself instead of quitting for good,
先暂时禁言而不是永远放弃
and that was actually great advice.
实际上这是个非常好的建议
It helped me gain some important perspective.
它帮我获得了一些很重要的观点
To be sure, there are bigger dynamics at play
当然 有更大规模的交流互动能起到作用
that require the leadership of social media platforms and the government
而这种交流互动需要社交媒体和政府的领导
to make sure we’re as safe as possible online,
来确保我们 尤其是孩子们
especially in the case of kids.
在网络上是尽可能安全的
These are complex issues,
这些都是很复杂的问题
and while we can work as individuals to be more resilient
尽管我们作为个体可以提高适应性
and as communities to be more kind and careful with each other,
作为社区一员可以对彼此更加友好和细致
systemic problems ultimately need systemic solutions.
但系统性问题最终需要系统的解决方案
These technologies are our future,
这些技术是我们的未来
and we need to make sure that future is healthy and safe for us.
我们需要确保对我们来说未来是健康安全的
In the end, for me, when I took a break from social media,
最后 对我来说 当我暂时离开社交媒体时
it helped me to really reflect on why I do this,
这帮助我真正的反思我为什么要这样做
why I use online tools to educate and engage my peers.
为什么要用在线工具来教育和吸引同龄人
And I realized my motivation used to be extrinsic,
我意识到我过去的动机来自于外界
wanting people to be helped and be inspired.
我想让人们得到帮助和鼓舞
I hadn’t really meant to,
虽然并非出自本意
but by posting content for other people,
但在为他人发贴的过程中
I was depending my sense of impact and even self-worth
我把我的影响力甚至自我价值
to what other people thought or said about me.
建立在别人对我的想法和说法上
But now I’ve realized
但现在我已意识到
my motivation is and should always be intrinsic,
我的动机是来源也应该一直来源于内心
wanting to try my best in sharing what I’ve learned
我想要尽最大的努力去分享我学到的东西
because it gives me fulfillment and purpose.
因为这让我满足 给我毅力
There is a difference.
这是不同的
Extrinsic motivations depend on results that are out of our control
外部动机来源于我们无法控制的结果
while intrinsic motivations depend on things we could do
而内在动机取决于我们能做的事情
that are under our control.
这是我们可以控制的
We will be less likely to take external feedback to heart
如果我们在网上做的事情是出自内在动机
if we do things online out of intrinsic motivations.
我们不太可能会把外在的反馈放在心上
What we do online and offline,
我们在线上和线下所做之事
we should do simply because we believe it is the right thing to do.
应该仅仅出于我们相信这是正确的事情
So I have a question for you.
所以我有一个问题问你们
What’s your personal mission for being on social media,
你在社交媒体上的个人使命是什么
and what will you do to fight for it?
你会怎样为之奋斗呢?
I would love to see more young people becoming catalysts of change
我希望看到更多的年轻人利用社交媒体的力量
by harnessing the power of social media
去促成变革
and do so not by sacrificing our mental health
我们不用牺牲精神健康来做这些
but by being equipped with self-sustaining tools
而要用自给自足的工具来武装自己
and engaging on platforms
并在那些对个人和世界
that are nurturing and strengthening for individuals and our world.
都有培养和加强作用的平台交流
I may not be going to Canada,
我可能不会去加拿大
but I am going to the future, no matter what.
但不管怎样 我都会走向未来
Technology is my generation’s tool
我们这代人应该运用技术
to fight for the future we want to see.
去为我们想看到的未来奋斗
It should help us, not hurt us.
技术应该帮助我们 而不是伤害我们
Thank you.
谢谢

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

怎样应对网络暴力?勇敢发声的同时,如何保护自己的心理健康?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

荼荼

审核员

审核员PX

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecGXP4G3Zs0

相关推荐