ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

为什么每个人都该关心海洋环境保护 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么每个人都该关心海洋环境保护

Pablo Zapata : Ocean Conservation: Why You Should Care

[音乐]
[MUSIC]
我正坐在船边
I was sitting on the edge of the boat,
背对着海面 面罩
my back against the water. Mask,
没问题 脚蹼 没问题
check, fins, check,
气压 3000 磅/平方英尺
air pressure, 3,000 psi.
我抓起我的照相机并开始倒数
I grabbed my camera andstarted the countdown. Three,
三 二 一 我转过身跃入水中
two, one,I rolled back and hit the water.
随着气泡的消失 我的视线清晰起来 我有一种感觉
As the bubbles settled andthe visibility cleared, I felt it.
这将是我梦寐以求的潜水体验
This could be the diveI’ve always dreamed of.
我逐渐下潜 慢慢被七十多只不同品种的鲨鱼包围
As I descended, I was surrounded by over 70 sharks from different species.
我们来到沙地上 围成一个半圆形的圈
We reached the sandy floor andformed a semi-circle.
我的母亲在我左边
My mum was to my left.
我开始拍照 这是我最喜欢的
I started shooting away, my favorite.
一只漂亮的柠檬鲨游了过来 最终
A beautiful lemon shark arrived. Finally,
潜水二十分钟后 我一直期待的事情发生了
20 minutes into the dive,the thing I’ve been waiting.
两只大块头的虎鲨 其中一只的长度超过15尺
Two massive tiger sharks, one of them measuring over 15 feet in length.
它们开始绕着我们游然后
They started circling the group and
靠近我们 靠的非常近
getting close, Very close.
当其中更大的一只虎鲨从我身边游过
As the larger of the two sharks,swam past me,
径直朝我母亲游去时 我看到它呼气然后龇牙
heading towards my mum,I saw it sigh then wipe,
这是它们撕咬前的动作
something they do right before biting.
突然 这只鲨鱼调转方向 用它的尾巴狠撞了我
The shark suddenly turned andsmacked me with its tail.
我失去平衡
I lost my balance,
但当我重新掌握平衡 我按下快门
but as soon as I regained it, I clipped the shutter and
拍下了最令我恐惧的画面
saw the scariest image I’ve ever taken.
这只鲨鱼咬了我母亲一口 幸运的是
The shark took a bite of my mom. Luckily,
她带着照相机
she had her camera
并用照相机挡下了这一口
with her and was able to use it as a shield.
但这只鲨鱼继续咬 每一口
But the shark keep biting,pushing her further and
都将我母亲推离我们 最后
further away fromthe group with each bite. Finally,
它放弃了
it let go.
正当我觉得我们已经安全时 这只鲨鱼调转方向
Just when I thought we were safe,the shark turned and
这次直接朝我冲来
this time headed straight at me.
同样的事情发生了
The same thing happened,
它呼气然后龇牙 给我来了一口
it sigh then wipe, and a bite followed.
这之后 我们决定放弃这次潜水
After this, we decided to abort the dive.
[笑声]
>> [LAUGH]
当我们到达水面
>> Once we reached the surface, and
恐惧和肾上腺素退去 我的心中充满疑惑
the fear and adrenaline faded,my head flooded with questions.
为什么这次潜水出现了这种情况 这是谁的错
Why did the dive go sowrong, who was at fault?
事后回想 我们搅动了海水
In hindsight, we changed the behavior
从而影响了鲨鱼的行为
of the shark by chumming the water,
这正是将死饵丢进箱子引诱鲨鱼进入的动作
which is putting dead bait in a cage to lure them in.
鲨鱼的行为是正常的
The shark was acting normal,
它是在寻找察觉到的食物
it was looking for the food they were sensing.
事实上 这只鲨鱼是行为是温柔的 记住
In fact, it was even being gentle. Remember,
这种动物重达1500磅 它们的牙齿
this animals weigh 1,500 pounds,have teeth,
非常锋利 能够像赛车那样碾碎乌龟的壳
as sharp as racers that can crush a turtle shell, just like that.
然而没有任何刮痕 我母亲没有
Yet none of us had a scratch, not my mum,
我没有 甚至连照相机的水晶屏幕
not my me, not even the crystal dome
都没有一条刮痕
of the camera had a scratch.
这次潜水是我人生的一个转折点
This dive was a turning point for me.
在过去十年
For the past ten years,
我一直往来于世界最遥远的地方
I’ve been travelling the most remote places in
寻找
the world looking
那些被人类逼入灭绝困境的动物
for animals that we’ve driven to the brink of extinction
通过拍照的方式呼吁环保
all to promote conservationthrough photography.
我的想法是
My thinking was,
如果我向你们展示了海洋的无垠
that if I show you the giant of the ocean,
海洋中一些最微小的生物 图中有一只海胆
Some of it’s tiniest creatures,there’s a sea urchin there,
看看你们能否找到它
let’s see if you can spot it.
或是一些海洋明星 最有名的明星
Or even big stars, most famous stars.
[笑声] 你们心中一定会充满
>> [LAUGH]>> Your mind will be flooded
疑惑
with curiosity.
然后你们都想体验和探索海洋
And you’ll want to experience andexplore the ocean.
我深知一旦这么做了
And I know deep inside that once you do,
你们就会深深爱上海洋并想保护它
you’ll fall in love with it and want to protect it,
就跟我一样 然而
just like I did. However,
我的影响力并没有我希望的那么大
I was not havingthe impact I hoped for.
尽管我非常希望我的激情和对海洋的爱
As much as I wanted my passion and love
能够广泛传递
for the ocean to be contagious,
事实是我们距离海洋非常遥远
the truth is we are verydetached from the ocean and
对于非常陌生的事物 想要好好保护是非常困难的
it is very hard to protectsomething that seems so foreign.
例如 在左边
For example, on the left,
这是我的拉布拉多烟烟的一张照片
we have a picture of my Labradoodle Smokey.
[笑声]这只俊俏的狗狗在Ins上
>> [LAUGH]>> This handsome dog got 107 likes
得到了107个赞
on Instagram.
在右边 这只跃起的鲸鱼只得到了44个赞
On the right, we have a flying whale with only 44 likes.
[笑声]我的意思是 烟烟确实非常可爱但是
>> [LAUGH]>> I mean, Smoky is very cute I know but
但它的可爱程度是一只跃起的鲸鱼的2.5倍吗
two anda half times as cute as a flying whale?
[笑声]此外 自从遇见了
>> [LAUGH]>> Moreover, after my encounter
鲨鱼
with the shark,
我终于明白没有画面是足够美的
I finally understood that there is no image beautiful enough or
也没有故事是足够吸引人的 以至于我可以告诉你们
story compelling enough that I can tell you,
我可以告诉那些
that I can tell someone who’s
害怕海洋或是害怕
afraid of the ocean or afraid
鲨鱼的人 让他们产生潜水的欲望
of sharks that would make them want to dive.
这是我目前能想到的一种恐惧
A fear I could now relate to.
如果我不能直达人心 那我需要换一种方式
If I couldn’t reach people’s hearts, I needed to find a better way.
我偶然之间知道了这个组织 海洋环境保护组织
I came across thisorganization called Oceana,
它们的使命是保护海洋 养活全世界
whose mission is save the ocean,feed the world.
我意识到海洋不仅仅是一个美丽的地方 如今
I realized that the ocean is much more than a beautiful place. Today,
有十亿人口依靠海洋生存
1 billion peopledepend on the ocean,
这其中包括一部分世界上最贫穷的地方
including some of the world’s poorest.
我们索取的已经超过海洋所能产出的
But we’re taking much morethan the ocean can produce.
在这个过程中 我们正在打破一个非常微妙的平衡
And in the process,we’re destroying a very delicate balance,
这个平衡经过几百万年才趋于完美
that took millions of years to perfect.
雪上加霜的是 我们的全球人口将达到九十亿
To add to the problem, we will soon reach 9 billion people.
我们没有资源养活如此多且仍在不断增长的人口
And we don’t have the resources to feed such a large and growing population.
海洋给这个世界提供了丰富且可持续的食物资源
The ocean offers an abundant and sustainable source of food for the world.
与以土地为基础的农业或耕种不同的是
And unlike land-based agriculture orfarming,
野生鱼类的繁衍并不会产生温室气体
wild fish produce no greenhouse gases.
它不会消耗我们宝贵且稀少的淡水资源
It does not consume our precious andscarce fresh water and
更不会占用良田
does not utilize fertile land.
但是为了利用好这种自然资源
But to take advantage ofthis natural resource,
我们需要改变我们与海洋关系的性质
we need to change the nature of our relationship with the ocean.
鲨鱼的存在是一个健康海洋的标志
Sharks are a sign of a healthy ocean
因为鲨鱼可以保护珊瑚礁
because they protect the coral reefs
它们控制捕食食草动物的小型食肉鱼的数量
by controlling the population of smaller predator fish who feed on herbivores.
没有这些食肉动物 藻类将泛滥
Without these carnivores,algae expands and
珊瑚虫无法与之对抗 珊瑚礁将消失
coral can no longer compete,killing off the reef.
这些珊瑚礁很关键 它们是所有鱼类的氧气吧
These reefs are critical,they are the breathing ground for
没有它们 所有的鱼类都会灭绝 如今
all fish species, without them,fish population deplete. Today,
我们每年会杀死一亿条鲨鱼
we kill 100million sharks per year.
几乎是每小时杀死12000条鲨鱼
That is almost 12,000 sharks per hour.
想象一下我们正对海洋生态系统平衡造成的影响
Imagine the impact we are having on the balance of marine ecosystems.
我们已经捕杀了超过百分之九十
We have already wiped outover 90% of all large fish
的大型鱼 比如金枪鱼和鲨鱼
species like to tunas and sharks.
反过来 鲨鱼每年会杀死12个人
In contrast,sharks skill 12 humans per year.
所以我问你们 谁才是最可怕的捕食者
So I ask you,who is the deadliest predator?
我们应该害怕谁
Who should we be afraid of?
对一些人来说 像我展示给你们的这种图片
For some people,images like the one I have shown you,
会引起我们的好奇
awaken our sense of wonder, and
会想要去探索
make us want to explore what’s 70 %
占地球表面百分之七十面积的海洋
of the world’s surface is made of.
另一些可能并没有强烈的欲望 但是
For others not so much but
不论你属于哪种情况
no matter what group you’re in,
海洋是我们最最宝贵的资源
the ocean is our most precious andvaluable resource and
它对我们的未来至关重要
it holds a key to our future.
那么我们可以怎样保护它呢
So what can we do to protect it?
我们可以加入或支持像海洋环境保护组织这样的组织
We can follow andsupport organizations like Oceana.
我们可以选择那些支持优秀的海洋政策的政府工作人员
We can elect government officialswho support good ocean policy and
我们可以吃可持续的食物
we can eat sustainable food.
现在还不算太晚
It is not too late,
我们可以在短短十年内恢复鱼类数量
we can replenish fish populations in as little
让这个目标
as 10 years, making this
在我们的有生之年成为一个政治议题
goal attainable in our lifetime an issue to push in the political agenda.
让我们一起改变与海洋共存的模式
Let’s change how wecoexist with the ocean.
然后一起 让我们每天给这个世界提供一百万份健康且
And together,let’s provide 1 billion healthy and
可持续的鱼类餐食
sustainable fish meals a day to the world.
谢谢
Thank you.
[掌声]
>> [APPLAUSE]
[音乐]
[MUSIC]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

为什么每个人都该关心海洋环境保护 我们可以怎么做

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Yuan LLL

审核员

审核员_DY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUaW21QztQo

相关推荐