未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

乐观虚无主义:解读人类存在的意义

Optimistic Nihilism

人类的存在让人们恐惧和困惑
Human existence is scary and confusing.
几十万年前
A few hundred thousand years ago,
人类有了意识 并发觉自己身处异地
we became conscious and found ourselves in a strange place.
这里充斥着其他生物
It was filled with other beings.
我们是猎人 同时也是猎物
We could eat some; some could eat us.
我们能饮用一种液体
There was liquid stuff we could drink;
也能利用一些物品 去制造更多物品
things we could use to make more things.
白天 空中的小小黄球温暖了我们的皮肤
The daytime sky had a tiny yellow ball that warmed our skin.
夜晚 空中也填满了赏心悦目的光芒
The night sky was filled with beautiful lights.
这里显然为我们而造
This place was obviously made for us.
有什么正眷顾着我们
Something was watching over us.
这里是家 这让一切不那么恐惧和困惑了
We were home. This made everything much less scary and confusing.
但随着成长
But the older we got,
我们更加了解自己以及这个世界
the more we learned about the world and ourselves.
我们知道 璀璨的星光并不因我们而闪耀
We learned that the twinkling lights are not shining beautifully for us, they just are.
我们知道 人类并非所谓“宇宙”的中心
We learned that we’re not at the center of what we now call the universe,
而且宇宙的年龄 比人们想象的要大得多
and that it is much, much older than we thought.
我们知道 人类由许多无生命物体构成
We learned that we’re made of many little dead things,
它们不知为何 构成了更大的生命体
which make up bigger things that are not dead, for some reason,
而且人类只不过是数十亿年的历史中
and that we’re just another temporary stage in a history
另一个昙花一现的阶段
going back over a billion years.
我们惊奇地发现
We learned, in awe,
我们生存在一粒潮湿的微尘之上
that we live on a moist speck of dust
绕行一颗中等大小的恒星
moving around a medium-sized star
恒星在平凡星系的一个臂上 安静的一隅
in a quiet region of one arm of an average galaxy,
银河系只是我们无法逃离的星系群中的一部分
which is part of a galaxy group that we will never leave.
而这个星系群也只不过是
And this group is only one of thousands
组成超星系群的千万个成员之一
that, together, make up a galaxy supercluster.
可就连超星系群也只占
But even our supercluster is only one in thousands
所谓“可见宇宙”的千万分之一
that make up what we call the observable universe.
宇宙也许比这大几百万倍 却也永远不得而知
The universe might be a million times bigger, but we will never know.
我们可以说宇宙中有两千亿个星系
We can throw words around like two hundred billion galaxies
一万亿颗恒星 或是 不计其数的行星
or trillions of stars or bazillions of planets,
可这些数字毫无意义
but all of these numbers mean nothing.
人类的大脑无法理解这些概念
Our brains can’t comprehend these concepts.
宇宙浩瀚无垠 远非人所能及
The universe is too big. There is too much of it.
然而我们所面对的最麻烦的概念
But size is not the most troubling concept we have to deal with.
是时间 确切的说 是我们所拥有的时间
It’s time, or, more precisely, the time we have.
你若能幸运地活到100岁
If you’re lucky enough to live to one hundred,
你一生就拥有5200周的寿命
you have five thousand two hundred weeks at your disposal.
如果你现在25岁 就只剩3900周了
If you’re twenty-five now, then you have three thousand nine hundred weeks left.
如果你能活到70岁 就只剩2340周
If you’re going to die at seventy, then there are two thousand three hundred and forty weeks left –
你拥有大把的时间 却也不是很多
a lot of time, but also … not really.
之后会怎样呢?
And then what?
你的生理机能会逐渐衰竭
Your biological processes will break down,
构成你的动态模式 将停止运行
and the dynamic pattern that is you will stop being dynamic.
肉体会腐烂 直到你彻底消亡
It will dissolve until there is no you left.
一些人相信 人体的某一部分无法被观测
Some believe that there is a part of us we can’t see or measure,
但人们永远不得而知 所以生命就此终结
but we have no way to find out, so this life might be it
死亡的那一刻 我们就永远消失了
and we might end up dead forever.
听上去很吓人 却并非如此
This is less scary than it sounds, though.
如果你不记得人类出现前的那137.5亿年
If you don’t remember the 13.75 billion years that went by before you existed,
那你死后的上万亿年
Then the trillions and trillions and trillions of years that come after
也不过是弹指一瞬
will pass in no time once you’re gone.
闭上双眼 数到一
Close your eyes. Count to 1.
这就是永恒对你而言的长度
That’s how long forever feels.
而且据我们所知
And as far as we know,
宇宙最后也会消亡
in the end, the universe itself will die
万物将不再变换
and nothing will ever change again.
我们的视频激起了很多人的存在恐慌
Our videos induce existential dread in many people,
最后几分钟的讲解可能也并无帮助
and the last few minutes probably haven’t helped.
所以这一次 我们想提供一个崭新的视角
So, for once, we want to offer a different way of looking at these things:
一个非科学性的 更主观的角度
an unscientific, subjective point of view,
我们称之为“果壳哲学”
the philosophy of Kurzgesagt, if you want.
你可以存疑 我们并不比你更了解人类的存在
Please take it with a grain of salt; we don’t know any more about human existence than you do.
我们用乐观虚无主义解决存在恐慌
We counter existential dread with optimistic nihilism.
那是什么意思呢?
What do we mean by that?
总的来说
Well, to summarize,
不计其数的星星并不因人类而存在
it seems very unlikely that 200 trillion trillion stars have been made for us.
人类就像被开了一个最残酷的玩笑
In a way, it feels like the cruelest joke in existence has been played on us.
人类拥有了自我意识 竟然发觉宇宙并不因我们而存在
We became self-aware only to realize this story is not about us.
自然 知道电子和线粒体的存在是很好
While it is great to know about electrons and the powerhouse of the cell,
但科学并未让我们停止失望
Science doesn’t do a lot to make this less depressing.
好吧 所以呢?
Okay, but so what?
你只活一次 这很可怕 却也给了你自由
You only get one shot at life, which is scary, but it also sets you free.
如果宇宙将会在热寂中消亡
If the universe ends in heat death,
你生命中所遭受的每一份耻辱终会被遗忘
every humiliation you suffer in your life will be forgotten.
在时间的尽头 你犯的错误将不足挂齿
Every mistake you made will not matter in the end.
你做的一切错事将归为虚空
Every bad thing you did will be voided.
如果生活是我们所能体验的全部
If our life is all we get to experience,
那它也是唯一重要的事情
then it’s the only thing that matters.
如果宇宙没有准则
If the universe has no principles,
那么唯一重要的准则就是我们所坚持的
the only principles relevant are the ones we decide on.
如果宇宙没有意义
If the universe has no purpose,
我们就要决定它的意义是什么
then we get to dictate what its purpose is.
人类必定会在某个时刻不复存在
Humans will most certainly cease to exist at some point,
但在灭绝之前
but before we do,
我们要探索自身以及周围的世界
we get to explore ourselves and the world around us.
我们要去体验
We get to experience feelings.
体验食物的滋味 书籍的趣味 日出的壮美
We get to experience food, books, sunrises,
以及与彼此相处的感受
and being with each other.
其实能够想象这些事物 就已足够惊人
The fact that we’re even able to think about these things is already kind of incredible.
我们很容易觉得自己被孤立
It’s easy to think of ourselves as separated from everything,
但真相并非如此
but this is not true.
我们自己就是一个宇宙 如同中子星
We are as much the universe as a neutron star
黑洞 或是超新星一样
or a black hole or a nebula.
甚至比那更好 宇宙用我们来思考和感受
Even better, actually, we are its thinking and feeling part:
我们是宇宙的中心器官
the centre organs of the universe.
在宇宙般广阔的游乐场中 我们绝对自由
We are truly free in a universe-sized playground,
因此我们也许本应幸福生活
so we might as well aim to be happy
本应在群星间创造一处乌托邦乐园
and to build some kind of utopia in the stars.
我们显然尚未找到所有问题的答案
It’s not as if we’ve found out everything there is to know.
我们不知道宇宙的规律为何是那样的
We don’t know why the rules of the universe are as they are,
不知道生命是什么 它是如何产生的
how life came into existence, what life is.
我们不知道何为意识
We have no idea what consciousness is
不知道我们是否在宇宙中孤独存在
or if we are alone in the universe.
但我们可以试着去寻找答案
But we can try to find some answers.
有数十亿颗星星去造访 有疾病去治愈
There are billions of stars to visit, diseases to cure,
有人需要去帮助 有幸福要被体验
people to help, happy feelings to be experienced,
还有游戏去通关
and video games to finish.
有太多可以做的了
There is so much to do.
振作起来吧
So, wrapping up,
你也许已经浪费了大把好时光
you’ve probably used up a good chunk of the time available to you.
如果这是我们唯一的一次生命
If this is our one shot at life,
我们没有理由不过得尽兴
there is no reason not to have fun
不去争取幸福生活
and live as happy as possible.
如果你让别人生活得更好 就太棒了
Bonus points if you made the life of other people better.
如果能帮助人类建立银河帝国 就更棒了
More bonus points if you help build a galactic human empire.
做自己喜欢的事情
Do the things that make you feel good.
去寻找生命于你的意义
You get to decide whatever this means for you.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

自人类有意识以来,人们一直在探寻与宇宙的关系。讽刺的是,我们的存在,好像只是为了证明宇宙并不因我们而存在。宇宙有目的吗?生命有意义吗?乐观虚无主义会给你答案。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Hermes赫斯

审核员

YX

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14

相关推荐