未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

乐观给你自信:Sam Zell 10条成功原理

"OPTIMISM Gives You SELF-CONFIDENCE!" - Sam Zell - Top 10 Rules

没有什么比自由更重要的了
There is nothing more relevant than freedom.
企业家是想法与众不同的人
An entrepreneur is someone who thinks differently.
我觉得你要知道你的极限在哪里
I think you need to know what your limits are,
或者它们不是什么
or what they are not.
像我经常说的 我只是思考得很清楚
As I said oftentimes, my head only works straight.
大家好 相信王国的朋友们 我是埃文
Hello, Believe Nation. It’s Evan.
我的关键词之一是“相信” 我信任他人
My one word is ” believe ” and I believe in people
远胜人们信任自己
more than they believe in themselves,
我衷心希望
and my sincere hope is that
如果你能从自己身上看到我看到的东西
if you see in youself what I see in you,
你将会改变世界
you’ll be able to change the planet.
祝愿你的新旅程 今天我们要向百万富翁山姆·泽尔学习
So hope your new journey. Today, we’re gonna learn from billionare entrepreneur Sam Zell
我总结了他的十条成功准则
and my take on his Top 10 Rules Success.
准则四是我的最爱
Rule number four is my personal favorite,
我想知道你最喜欢哪一条
and l’d love to konw which one you guys like the best.
当你观看的同时 如果有打动你的地方
Also as you are watching, if you hear something that really resonates with you,
请在下方评论
please leave it down in the comments below,
加上引号以便他人也能受到鼓舞
put quotes around it, so other people can be inspired by this as well.
如果你在视频推出的前几个小时评论
And if you leave it within the first couple hours of this video going live,
你将有机会获得一到两种每日奖励
you’ ll have a chance to win one of two daily prizes.
[音乐]
[music]
我迎接挑战
I’ve been taking on challenges;
我尝试着发现
I’ve been trying to find out
我能有多棒
how good l could be,
我做得能有多好
how well I could do it.
最后 成为一个成功企业家的
And in the end, the real benefit
真正好处是
of being a successful entrepreneur
拥有自由
is freedom.
没有比自由更重要的了
There is nothing more relevant than freedom.
每天都能早起
Being able to get up everyday
去完成任务
and respond to what’s out there,
去接受挑战
to accept the challenges,
不断地去发现你自己是多么优秀
to constantly find out how good you are,
做到这一点 更多的自由就接踵而来
and with it, comes a lot of freedom.
企业家有不同的想法
An entrepreneur is someone who thinks differently,
他们发现并熟悉机会
someone who recognizes and understands opportunity,
找到机会的同时又得出解决办法
but combines that recognition of opportunity with solutions.
最关键的是 他们有好奇心
And then in the end, it’s all about curiosity.
我从未见过一位企业家
I’ve never met an entrepreneur,
没有太多好奇心却很成功
who was successful, who wasn’t extraordinarily curious.
就我而言 我着手于每个潜在的投资
From my perspective, l start every potential investment
重点关注弱点是什么
focused on what’s the downside.
坦白说 在我看来
And, frankly, from my perspective,
如果我们做一笔生意认识到其弱点所在
if we do a deal and we identify the downside,
并且认识是正确的
and we’re correct,
那么我就将其视作一次成功的实践
then I view that as a successful endeavor,
即使这次交易最后并没有达成
even if the transaction didn’t work.
我觉得你要知道你的极限是什么
I think you need to know what your limits are,
或者不是什么
or what they’re not.
我告诉人们 我的整个人生
I answer people that my whole life
都是在找出我的极限
has always been about testing my limits.
意思大概是说 知道什么超出你的能力范围
So it’s almost say that the one thing is knowing where your limits are not,
才便于激励自己
so that you can push yourself?
呃 另一种说法是
Well, another way to put it is
某人达到了自己的目标意味着
a definition of someone who’s reached his goals,
他是个傻瓜
is he’s a schmuck.
[笑声]
[laughing]
呃 我用尽一生
Eh.. I’ve spent my whole life
来确认我从未实现过我的目标
trying to make sure that I never reach my goals.
主持人:我也会的
Host: I would.
我一直调整这个极限
I keep adjusting the bar
来确保我永远不会说
to make sure that I can never say,
傻瓜在这
I’m there.
没有骨子里对传统智慧的厌恶
None of this could possibly happen
这些都不会在阿里尔沃奇身上发生
with our Ariel Waichman and without his basic abhorrence of conventional wisdom
在很多方面
In many respects,
你和他都享有一个不同寻常的共有观点
he and you both share an extraordinary common concept,
就是你们任何一个都不知道什么事不能做
that is, neither one of you knew what you couldn’t do,
正是不知道什么不能做的视角
and by virtue of not knowing what you can’t do,
让你们只管尝试去做
you just try and do it,
而这就是企业家精神
and that’s what entrepreneurship is all about.
首先 我觉得乐观是一个条件
First of all, I think optimism is a condition.
我觉得保持乐观
I think you I think being optimistic
就是一份很好的礼物
is just a wonderful gift,
不幸的是不是每个人都拥有
that unfortunately not everybody has,
如果你是乐天派 你能看见乌云周围的白光
and if you’re optimistic and you can see the silver lining,
而不是阴沉的乌云
rather than the black cloud.
我觉得乐观会给你自信
I think it gives you self confidence,
让你更有动力
and makes you a more effective player.
我觉得简化
I think that
比什么都重要
more than anything else,
我很乐意去处理未来路口上的所有事情
I have been willing to tackle almost anything that came down the pike.
当你把所有份内的事情
When you think about all the businesses within,
所有我们正面对的
all the different disciplines,
不同的规则纪律都考虑到位
that we are confronted with.
有无数次我可以说 你知道的 不是我
There were a hundred times when I could say, you know, not me.
但是答案是
but the answer is that,
与尽力成为一位专家相反
as opposed to trying to be a maven,
在不同的企业或不同的策略中
on different companies or different strategies.
我认为关键始终是
I think the key has always been
简化一切
to simplify everything,
永远不要忘记两点之间直线最短
and never forget that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line.
-你的工作就是帮助人们找到直线?-是的
-And your job is to help people see that straight line?-Exactly.
你知道的 你跟我工作了一段时间
And you know, you work for me for a while,
你知道我花一整天
you know that I spend my entire day
来听别人的声音 确定我的想法
listening to my people, pitch me ideas.
这全是因为 如果你不能两句话说出需求
And it all starts with if you can’t tell me what you want in two sentences,
我的注意力就结束了
then my attention span is over,
[笑声]
[laughing]
所以我不得不让别人提炼他们的想法
and so I’ve got to make people distil their ideas,
并简化成一个要点
and simplify them to a point,
这要点是要传达的观点的
where the delivery of the idea itself
简洁的实质精华
is the essence of simplicity.
我觉得那些商业学校正在开始改变
The business schools, and I think they’re beginning to change,
特别是在八十年代 商业学校注重
but particularly in the eighties, the business schools
如果你可以照本宣科
focused on if you could just turn the page,
这里就有公式告诉你如何做到
there’s the formula that tells you how to do it,
而实际上没有公式
and the answer is there are no formulas,
成功和失败都是我们的判断与现象的结合
and success and failure are our combination of judgment and external events,
但是它开始和结束都源于一个简单的想法
but it starts and ends with a simple idea.
而你的勇气对你的成功起了关键作用
And your gut, but your gut has played a very key role though in your business and in your success.
我觉得我很乐意有一个观点
I think that I have been willing to have an opinion,
然后相应地执行它
and then execute accordingly.
我是一个贪婪的读者
I’m a voracious reader.
呃 我是说
Uh… I mean
我端坐在这里没有什么东西可以读
the idea that I’m sitting up here without something to read,
有点违背我的本性
is kind of against my nature.
不知道为什么我无法解释清楚
And somehow or other and I can’t explain it.
我已经培养了阅读和引述
I’ve developed the ability to
以及寻找反常现象的能力
read and quote, seek out anomalies.
如果你读得和我一样多
If you read as much as I do,
事情就开始按模式走
things start to follow patterns,
然后就会有特别的事发生
and then something peculiar happens,
一些本来不相符的事物
and something gets entered into the equation,
开始变得相同 我举这个例子
that doesn’t fit and I was… I gave the example
说我读过很多的东西
about the fact that I’ve been reading all the stuff,
并且不厌其烦地反复提到
and I had numerous repetitious references
南达科他州的威利斯顿
to Williston South Dakota and
我查阅到:威利斯顿有两万人
and I looked it up: in Williston was 20,000 people,
但不明白为什么它不停出现在我的阅读中
and I just couldn’t figure out why it kept coming up in my reading,
很明显是巴肯页岩那些东西
and obviously the Bakken Shale and all this stuff,
但我仍然坐飞机去亲眼观察
but still I basically got on a plane and went to see it,
从这个结果可以发散得到一大堆结论
and from that result you know emanated a lot of other things, but
但这只不过是一种典型
that’s just kind of typical.
你知道的 我去过两三次印度
You know, I went to Indian two or three
因为“外包”不断出现在我阅读中
because outsourcing kept coming up in my reading.
我无法理解 所以不得不去看看它
I didn’t know any… I didn’t understand it, so I had to go to see it.
我豁达地想到
I think philosophically,
我总是那个不得不亲眼去见证的人
I’ve always been someone who has to go to see it,
我觉得你知道企业家的定义之一
I think that you know part of the definition of an entrepreneur
就是卓越的观察者
is an extraordinary observer.
我从未见到过一位企业家
I’ve never met an entrepreneur
他不是一个很好的观察者
who wasn’t a very good observer,
因为正是这些观察者们聚集在一起
because it’s those observations that all come together and
做出了结论
lead to conclusions,
所以我竭尽全力地
and so I try my best
尽可能变得更有见识
to be as knowledgeable as possible,
而且尽我所能
and yet try and do the best I can to
不让信息的原因阻碍能力发挥
not clog my capabilities
这些信息说不上无效但多半是常见的
with information that- useless isn’t the right word-
并且事实上不能让我看出什么来
but maybe conventional and doesn’t really give me a perspective.
你指导的融资合并讲坛公司被起诉因为
Tribune LBO, which you helped lead, was effectively they argue fraudulent because
讲坛公司已经破产了
Tribune Company was already insolvent.
当你接管它时
When you took it over,
你打算怎么解决呢 和它商谈么
how you going to settle that? You negotiated with it?
我觉得
Well, I think the answer is that,
很多破产案件都有欺骗性的财产转账
you know, many of the bankruptcy cases have fraudulent conveyance,
根据参数来说
arguments made.
大多数债权人在大多数情况下
Most of the junior creditors in most of the scenarios
会在最后宣称欺诈性转账
will allege a fraudulent conveyance,
很难证明
in the end, it’s very difficult to prove
第一个第二个
number one, number two…
对于这个案件 我不觉得它是合法的
In this particular case, I don’t think it’s valid,
但是最后它变成了谈判的基础
but ultimately it becomes a basis for negotiation.
能让你决定放弃价为500百万的40%的
Is it an option on the table for you to…
讲坛认股权证 在这次谈判中是个公开的选择么
to give up your warrants to buy 40% of Tribune for 500 million,
你会考虑它么
in the negotiation that an option that you’re willing to consider?
我不认为
I don’t think that that
组织和最开始的计划
structure and that original plan
会在破产中生存下来
will survive the bankruptcy.
我能问问您悔于这个决定么
Can we ask you if you regret this decision?
我觉得这是你做过的最差的生意决定
I mean, this is the worst business decision you ever made.
是啊这是我在一个交易中损失最多钱的一次
Yeah. I mean it’s certainly the most amount of money I’ve ever lost in a single deal,
但是有转折点
but we had a turn back time.
如果你现在可以的话
Yeah, but you know if you could right now,
就像我觉得我可能应该娶另一个人
it’s like maybe I should have married somebody else.
你妻子在听呢她肯定在听 但是呢
-Your wife is listening.-She is, I’m sure, but the answer you know,
结果是你不能往回看
the answer is that you can’t look back.
就像我说过很多遍的
As I’ve said oftentimes,
我的大脑只会直行
my head only works straight,
所以回答是如果我们犯了错
so the answer is if we made a mistake and
或者失败了 那就是失败了
or didn’t work out, so it didn’t worked out.
过去的就过去了
What happened in the past, they can pass.
我只会向前看 不会转身
My head only looks forward. It doesn’t turn backward.
为什么我在很多地方都应该忘记洛城的历史呢
Why I should wash the history of the LA Times, in a lot of different places?
我对过去感到惭愧
I’m really sorry about the past.
但是无论做什么都不会改变它
but there isn’t anything that I can do about it.
我只能为未来做准备
All I could do is address the future.
很感谢你们的收看
Thank you, guys so much for watching.
我做这个视频是因为赛沃·明特让我做的
I made this video because Silver Mint asked me to,
如果你们想知道别人的十大成功定律
If there’s someone you like better profile in their future top ten,
请查看下方介绍中的链接
please check out the link down in the description below
可以投票决定我们接下来应该干什么
and you can cast your vote on who we should do next.
我还想给罗伯特·莱提尼一个快镜头
I also want to give a quick shot tutto:Roberto Latini
非常感谢你买我的书《你的关键字》
thank you so much for picking up a copy of my book Your One Word,
还拍了超酷的照片晒出来
and taking that awesome picture and posting it.
很高兴你找到了你的关键词”卓越”
It’s amazing as you say that you found your one word “outstanding ” as well,
我也希望你把书中的内涵应用到生活和事业中 并且取得好成绩
and I hope you’re applying it to your life and your business to get outstanding results.
再次感谢你们的收看
Thank you guys again for watching.
我相信你 希望你继续相信自己 不管
I believe in you, and I hope you continue to believe in yourself and whatever your one word is…
你们生命的字是什么 我都爱你们 我会很快和大家再见
Much love❤. I’ll see you soon.
音乐
[Music]
在我大三和大四的时候
It was between my junior and senior year in college,
我做过旅行用品销售员
I got a job as a traveling salesman,
给Alan Curtis工厂工作
for Alan Curtis industries.
我们直接卖无屑喷雾
We straight sold swarf and spray
然后卖洗发水 因为我是夏季产品从事者
and then shampoo, and because I was a summer employee,
我的工资最低
I got the worst account, and
我花了一整个夏天
I spent the entire summer
让人们践踏我的尊严
having people just beat the shit out of me.
我走近 打招呼说我来自阿兰科蒂斯
I’d walked in, I’d say ‘hi, I’m from Alan Curtis’ and
这些人无视了我
and these people would just ignore me,
或把我派去地下室
or send me down in the basement,
基本每天都在说不
and basically said ‘no’ all day long,
让我受益良多的是
and what I learned from that was that
我最终想到了如何去回答他们
I finally invented an answer
当我说“你好 我来自阿兰科蒂斯”
when I said ‘Hi, I am from Alan Curtis’
他们说“那又怎样?”我回答道”他们把我扔到了这儿”
and they said ‘so?’ and I said so it gives me up the street
众所周知
and you know,
没有比拒绝更伟大的课了
there is no greater lesson to be learned than rejection.
我很怀疑有任何成功的企业家
And I doubt that anybody can be a successful entrepreneur,
是没有被拒绝过的
if they haven’t dealt with rejection.
你处理的越多 你就越在行
And the more you deal with it, the better you get.
那些来自Wrigley Field的家伙
Those guys out of Wrigley Field,
年薪35,000,000美元
who gets paid 35 million dollars a year to,
三次里就有一次失败
to get a hit one out of three times,
所以我只是努力保持60%或70%的正确率
so I only try to be right 60 or 70 percent of the time,
真的挑战来自于失败
the real challenge is when you’re wrong,
你要校订风险 你才能存活下来准备下一个行动
that you’ve calibrated the risk so that you can survive to play the next act.
我总是觉得自己与众不同
I always view myself differently,
我努力保持不一样的步调
I march to a different tune;
我刚刚学习到了 啊
I had just installed ah–this, they have,
这些 你知道的 增长自信甚至膨胀
you know, just enormous self-confidence, maybe not justified
虽然不太合理 但有时这不重要
but sometimes it doesn’t matter,
因为当你相信 自信就来了
because if you believe that’s all that comes,
这也一直是 嗯 我教领导力的时候
but that’s always been, you know, part of my characteristics when I teach entrepreneurship.
我一直说的我的性格
I talk about, you know,
真正的领导者基本上都有这种天生的自信
how true entrepreneurs ultimately have this innate self-confidence
他们从不失败 有时没成功 但绝不被打败
I mean they never fail – sometimes it doesn’t work out – but they never fail
他们 你知道的 白手起家 不管是Sam Walton还是
and they, you know, they can get up off the floor, whether it’s Sam Walton, or
Fred Smith 你知道的 FedEx和他们调整过的其他公司
Fred Smith, and you know, FedEx or any others they have
他们靠着对自己能力坚定的信念解决问题
adjusted unequivocal beliefs in their ability to solve problems.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

老企业家教你如何成功

听录译者

翻译译者

villlll

审核员

sf

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgrdLa9G84A

相关推荐