ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

奥普拉在哈佛2013年演讲 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

奥普拉在哈佛2013年演讲

Oprah Winfrey Harvard Commencement speech | Harvard Commencement 2013

Oh my goodness,
我的天哪
I’m at Harvard.
我来哈佛了
[Applause]
〔鼓掌〕
Wow!

To president Faust,
尊贵的福斯特校长
my fellow honorands,
与我一起获得荣誉学位的各位
Carl that was so beautiful,
Carl那真是太棒了
thank you so much
谢谢你
and James Rothenberg, Stephanie Wilson,
吉姆·罗滕伯格 史蒂芬妮·威尔逊
Harvard faculty with a special bow
及哈佛全体教员
to my friend Dr. Henry Lewis Gates.
还要特别感谢我的朋友亨利·路易教授
[Applause]
〔鼓掌〕
All of you alumni with a special bow
感谢所有的校友 特别要感谢
to the class of 88,your 115 million dollars.
88届的毕业生1.15亿美元的捐款
[Applause and cheering]
〔鼓掌 欢呼〕
And to you, members of the Harvard class of 2013!
还有你们 2013届的毕业生
Hello!
大家好
[Applause]
〔鼓掌〕
I thank you for allowing me to be a part of
感谢你们能让我成为
your conclusion of this chapter of your lives,
你们人生这一篇章的结束
and the commencement of your next chapter.
与下一篇章开始的纽带
To say that I’m honored doesn’t even begin to
说我很荣幸已经无法表达
quantify the depth of gratitudethat really accompanies
我内心深处
an honorary doctorate from Harvard.
对哈佛授予我荣誉学位的感激之情
And not too many rural girls from rural Mississippi
并不是每个来自密西西比的农村小姑娘
have made it all the way here to Cambridge
都能来到剑桥城的
And I can tell you that I consider today
我可以告诉你们
as I sat on the stage this morning getting teary for you
当我今晨坐在这个台子上
all and then teary for myself.
为你们和我自己流泪时
I consider today a defining milestone in
我将今天看作是我漫长
a very long and a blessed journey.
并被祝福的人生中的一个里程碑
My one hope today is that I can
今天我希望我能为你们
be a source of some inspiration
带来一些启发
I’m going to address my remarks to anybody
我将致辞给所有
who has ever felt inferior or felt
曾经感到自卑或不完美
disadvantage, felt screwed by life.
感觉生活一团糟的人
This is a speech for the quad.
这个演讲是为在场的所有人做的
[Laugh]
〔笑〕
[Applause]
〔鼓掌〕
Actually I was so honored.
事实上 我很荣幸
I wanted to do something really special for you.
我很想能为你们做一些特别的事
I wanted to be able to have you look under your seats
我想要能跟你们说看看你们的座位下面
and there would be free,
那里有免费的
free master and docter degrees,
免费的硕士 博士学位证书
but I see you got that covered already.
但我发现你们已经有了
I will be honest with you. I felt a lot of pressure
老实说 过去两周
over the past few weeks
我压力很大
to come up with something that I could share with you,
绞尽脑汁为了跟你们分享些
that you haven’t heared before, because after all,
你们之前没有听说过的
you all went to Harvard, and I did not.
毕竟你们都能考进哈佛了 而我却没有
But then I realize that you don’t have to necessarily go to Harvard
然而后来我意识到其实并不是一定
to have a driven obesessive type A personality.
要上哈佛才能有一个驱动强迫型的A型人格
But it helps.
但是它确实有帮助
And while I may not have graduated from here,
我不是哈佛毕业的
I admit that my personality is about as Harvard as they come.
我承认我的某些个性与上过哈佛的人如出一辙
You know, my television career began unexpectedly.
你们都知道 我的电视事业的开始完全是在意料之外
As you heard this morning,
正如你们早上听说的那样
I was in the Miss Fire Prevention contest.
我参加了防火小姐大赛
That was when I was 16 years old
那是在我16岁的时候
in Nashville, Tennessee,
在田纳西州纳什维尔
and you had the requirement of having to have red hair in order to win
在我我参加比赛的那年之前
up until the year that I entered.
想赢的话你必须得是红头发女孩
So they were doing the question and answer period
在问答环节时
because I knew I wasn’t going to win under the swimsuit competition.
因为我知道如果是泳装大赛我肯定是赢不了的
So during the question and answer period,
所以到了问答环节
the question came.
问题来了
Why, young lady, what would you like to be
年轻的小姐
when you grow up?
你长大想做些什么?
And by the time they got to me,
当问到我的时候
all the good answers were gone.
所有出彩的答案都已经被回答完了
So I had seen Barbara Walters
我想起在早间的今日秀上
on the Today Show that morning,
看到了巴巴拉·沃尔特
so I answered
所以我回答说
“I would like to be a journalist.
“我想成为一名新闻工作者
I would like to tell other people’s stories
我想分享其他人的故事
in a way that makes a difference
并对他们的人生甚至是世界
in their lives and the world.”
起到积极的影响”
And as those words were coming out of my mouth
当这些话从我嘴里说出来的时候
I went whoa!
我觉得 哇喔
This is pretty good!
这很棒棒哦
[Laugh]
〔笑〕
I would like to be a journalist.
我想要成为一名新闻工作者
I want to make a difference.
我想对世界有做些影响
Well I was on television by the time
当我开始从事新闻工作的时候
I was 19 years old.
我19岁
And in 1986 I launched my own television show
在1986年 我带着强烈的成功的决心
with a relentless determination to succeed.
推出了自己的电视节目
At first, I was nervous about the competition
一刚开始 对于竞争我很紧张
and then I became my own competition,
然后我开始自己和自己竞争
raising the bar every year,
每年不断的将自己向前推进
pushing, pushing, pushing myself as hard as I knew.
能走多远走多远
Sound familiar to anybody here?
在场有没有人觉得很熟悉?
Eventually we did make it to the top
我们最终成功达到巅峰
and we stayed there for 25 years.
并在那待了25年
[Applause]
〔鼓掌〕
The Oprah Winfrey Show was number one
奥普拉·温佛瑞脱口秀 在同一时间段的排名第一
in our time slot for 21 years
持续了21年
and I have to tell you
我不得不告诉你
I became pretty comfortable with
我对于这个成功
that level of success.
非常满足
But a few years ago,
但是几年前
I decided as you will at some point,
我做了一个你们将来也会面临的决定
that it was time to recalculate,
是时候重新定位了
find new territory, break new ground.
寻找新的领地 突破新的界限
So I ended the show
于是我停了那档节目
and launched OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network.
开始推出奥普拉•温佛瑞的电视网络
The initials just worked out for me.
缩写正好是我自己
So one year later after launching OWN,
在推出奥普拉•温佛瑞一年后
nearly every media outlet
几乎所有的媒体都认为
had proclaimed that my new venture was a flop.
我的新项目是失败的
Not just a flop,
不只是简单的失败
but a big bold flop they call it.
他们称之为一个大写的失败
I can still remember the day I opened up USA Today
我还记得那天我在看《今日美国》报时
and read the headline.
看到头条说
Oprah, not quite standing on her OWN.
“奥普拉 搞不定‘她自己’”
[Laugh]
〔笑〕
I mean really, USA Today? Now that’s the nice newspaper!
不是吧 !《今日美国》报?真是份好报纸啊
[laugh]
〔笑〕
It really was this time last year
去年此时
the worst period in my professional life.
正是我职业生涯中最黑暗的时刻
I was stressed and I was frustrated
压力淹没 绝望横生
and quite frankly I was actually I was embarrassed.
老实说我非常羞愧
It was right around that time
恰恰就在那个时候Faust校长打电话给我
that President Faust called
福斯特校长打电话给我
and asked me to speak here
让我在这里演讲
and I thought
我当时就在想
you want me to speak to Harvard graduates?
你想让我给哈佛的毕业生做演讲?
What could I possibly say
我能说些什么
to Harvard graduates some of the most successful
对着这些世界上最成功的
graduates in the world.
哈佛的毕业生
in the very moment when I had stopped succeeding?
而我已经不再成功了
So I got off the phone with President Faust,
于是我挂断了和校长Faust的电话
and I went to the shower.
然后去洗了个澡
It was either that or a bag of Oreos.
要么吃包奥利奥 要么去洗澡
[Laugh]
[笑]
So I chose the shower.
我选择了洗澡
And I was in the shower a long time
那个澡我洗了很长时间
and as I was in the shower
就在我洗澡的时候
the words of an old hymn came to me.
我突然想到某首古老赞美诗中的一句话
You may not know it.
你们也许不知道
It’s “By and by, when the morning comes.”
就是这句:“终于 当清晨来临”
And I started thinking about
之后我就在想
when the morning might come,
也许我的黎明就要到来了
because at the time I thought I was stuck in a hole.
因为那个时候我认为我已经沉入谷底了
And the words came to me “Trouble ,
那句话“困难
trouble don’t last always”
困难只是暂时的 都会过去
from that hymn, “This too shall pass.”
那首古老赞美诗上所言 “一切会过去”
And I thought as I got out of the shower,
我一边想我一边走出淋浴间
I am going to turn this thing around.
我会将这一页翻过去
and I will be better for it.
我会好起来的
And when I do, I’m going to go to Harvard.
当我好起来后 我就要去哈佛
and I’m going to speak the truth of it!
把这个真实的故事告诉大家
So I’m here today to tell you
我今天来了并且告诉你们
I have turned that network around!
奥普拉电视网已经步入正轨了
[Applause]
〔鼓掌〕
And it was all because I wanted to do it
我做到了这些
by the time I got to speak to you or so.
都是要给你们演讲
Thank you so much!
谢谢你们
You don’t know what motivation you were for me.
你们不知道你们给了我是多么大的动力
Thank you.
谢谢你们
I’m even prouder to share a fundamental truth that
我甚至能更骄傲地来分享一个真理
you might not have learned,
也许你们
even as graduate of Harvard,
在哈佛也没学过
unless you studied the ancient Greek hero
除非你上过纳吉教授的课程
with Professor Nagy.
知道古代希腊英雄人物
[Cheering]
〔欢呼〕
Professor Nagy, as we were coming in this morning said,
纳吉教授 早上说
“Please Ms. Winfrey, walk decisively.”
“温佛瑞小姐 请坚决的向前走”
[Laugh]
〔笑〕
I shall walk decisively.
我应该坚决的向前走
This is what I want to share.
这就是我想分享的
It doesn’t matter how far you might rise.
无论你已达到怎样的成就
At some point,
在某个节点上
you are bound to stumble.
你一定会跌倒
Because if you’re constantly doing what we do,
因为如果你一直不断的在做我们所做的事
raising the bar.
不断提高标准
If you’re constantly pushing yourself higher, higher.
更好些 比好更好
the Law of averages,
这是普遍规律
not to mention the Myth of Icarus,
而不是伊卡洛斯那样的神话故事
predicts that you will at some point fall.
规律揭示了 人总会在某个时间段里失意
And when you do,
当你真到了那个时候
I want you to know this, remember this:
你只需明白 并牢记一点:
There is no such thing as failure.
没有真正意义上的失败
Failure is just life trying to
失败只是生活在指引我们
move us in another direction.
去往另外一个方向
Now, when you’re down in a hole, it looks like failure.
所以说当你跌入谷底 也只是看起来像是失败
So this past year,
所以过去的一年
I had to spoon- feed those words to myself.
这些话支撑着我自己
And when you’re down in the hole,
所以当你一时失意
when that moment comes,
当你真到了这个时候
it’s really okay to feel bad for a little while.
完全可以沮丧一会儿
Give yourself time to mourn
给自己点儿时间
what you think you may have lost.
反思下自己可能的得失
But then here’s the key,
只是有一点要注意
learn from every mistake,
要从每一次失误中吸取教训和经验
because every experience, encounter,
因为每一次经历 每一次遭遇
and particularly your mistakes,
尤其是你犯错时
are there to teach you
都是为了磨练你
and force you into being more who you are.
激励你 让你更加明确自己
And then figure out what is the next right move.
让你搞清楚 怎么走好下一步
And the key to life is to develop
生活的重点在于建立
an internal moral emotional GPS
内在道德情感的定位系统
that can tell you which way to go.
它告诉你该如何前行
Because now and forever more, when you Google yourself,
因为从现在或者更远的将来 当你用谷歌搜索你自己
your search results will read: Harvard, 2013.
结果会是:哈佛 2013届毕业生
[Laugh]
[笑]
And in a very competitive world,
在这个竞争非常强烈的世界上
that really is a calling card
这将是一块敲门砖
because I can tell you as one who
因为作为一个雇佣过很多人的人
employs a lot of people when I see “Harvard” ,
当我看到“哈佛”
I sit up a little straighter and say,
我就会稍微坐直点儿 然后说:
“Where is he or she? Bring them in.”
“他(她)在哪儿 带他们进来”
It is an impressive calling card that can lead
那的确是令人印象深刻的
even more impressive bullets in the years ahead.
在未来的日子里那的确是颗有力的子弹
Lawyer, senator, CEO, scientist,
律师 议员 总裁 科学家
physicist, winners of Nobel and Pulitzer Prizes,
物理学家 诺贝尔奖获得者 普利策奖获得者
or late night talk show host.
或者是深夜脱口秀的主持人
But the challenge of life I found is to
然而来自生活的挑战
build a resume
并不是简单写一份履历
that doesn’t simply tell a story
告诉别人
about what you want to be,
你想做什么
but it’ a story about who you want to be.
而是告诉别人 你想成为什么样的故事
It’ s resume that doesn’t just tell us a story about
不是简单告诉别人
what you want to become to accomplish,
你想实现什么
but why?
而是你为什么想去实现
A story that’s not just a collections of
不是简单的一个获得
titles and positions,
名誉和地位的故事
but a story that really about your purpose,
而是一个切实关乎着你的追求的故事
because when you inevitably stumble
因为当你发现自己无可避免地摔倒
and find yourself stuck in a hole,
然后跌进坑里的时候
that is the story that will get you out.
就是这样的信念 会让你获救
What is your true calling?
你的真实追求是什么?
What is your dogma?
你的人生信条是什么?
What is your purpose?
你的目标是什么?
For me, that discovery came in
对我来说我是 1994年 在我采访过一个小女孩之后
1994 when I interviewed a little girl
我才有了这个发现
who had decided to collect pocket change
这个小女孩计划去募集零钱
in order to help other people in need.
目的为了帮助那些有需要的人们
She raised a thousand dollars all by herself
她募集了一千美元 全部是通过个人努力
and I thought:
我于是想到:
Well if that nine-year-old little girl
一个九岁小女孩儿
with a bucket and big heart could do that
有个(放钱的)小桶和一颗爱心就能做到这些
and I wondered what I could do.
那我又能做到什么
So I asked for our viewers to
于是 我请求我们的观众们
take up their own change collection
也发起各自的筹款活动
And in one month,
结果在一个月内
just from pennies, and nickels and dimes,
单从一分 五分和十分的硬币上
we raised more than 3 million dollars
我们就筹集了超过300万美元的捐款
that we used to send one student from our state
捐款帮助了美国各州的学生
in the United States to college.
顺利去上大学
That was the beginning of the Angel Network.
而这也是天使组织的起点
[Applause]
〔掌声〕
And so what I did was,
而我做的
I simply asked our viewers do
只是简单地请求我们的观众做你
what you can wherever you are,
你力所能及的事无论你在哪里
from wherever you sit in life,
处于人生的哪个阶段
give me your time, your talent,
如果有 请拿出你的时间 天赋
your money if you have it,
以及金钱
and they did.
然后他们这样做了
Extend yourself in kindness to other human beings
无论你在哪里
wherever you can.
将你的仁慈带给他人
And together, we built 55 schools
我们一起在12个国家
in 12 different countries,
建了55所学校
and restored nearly 300 homes
重建了近300个
that were devastated by Hurricanes Rita and Katrina.
被丽塔和卡特里娜飓风摧毁的家园
So the Angle Network,
所以天使组织
I’ve been on the air for a long time.
我已经在广播中讲了很久了
But it was the Angle Network that
是天使组织
actually focused my internal GPS.
聚集了我的内在的定位系统
It helped me to decide
他帮助我下定决心
that I wasn’ t just gonna be on TV everyday.
我不仅仅要每天在电视上出现
But that the goal of my shows,
我节目的目标
my interviews, my business,my philanthropy,
我的采访对象 我的生意 慈善
all of it, whatever ventures I might pursue
所有的 无论我追求怎样的事业
would be to make clear that what unites us
都让我更清楚我们聚集在一起的力量
is ultimately far more redeeming
比分开的力量
and compelling than anything that separates me.
更令人满足而不可抗拒
Because what has become clear to me,
因为我更清楚
and I want you to know,
并且想让你们知道
it isn’t all clear in the beginning
一切未必明朗
because as I said
正如我所说
I’ve been on television since I was 19 years old.
我19岁就开始上电视
But around 1994, I got really clear.
然而到了1994年我才逐渐清楚
So don’t expect the clarity to come all at once
所以不要期待一下子
to know your purpose right away.
就想清楚你的目标
But what become clear to me was that
但是对我来说 我清楚的是
I was here on earth
我最终是要
to use television and not be used by it.
利用电视而不是被电视利用
To use television to illuminate
利用电视来照亮
the transcendent power of our better angels.
我们内在天使的部分
So, this Angle Network,
所以 这就是天使组织
it didn’t just change the lives of those
它不是仅仅来改变那些
who were helped,
我们帮助过的人们的生活
but the lives of those who also did the helping.
同时也改变那些提供帮助的人们的生活
It reminded us that no matter who we are
它提醒我们无论是谁
or what we look like or what we may believe,
看上去如何 或者相信什么
it is both possible,
他都有可能的
and more importantly it becomes powerful
更重要的是它成为了驱动力
to come together in common purpose and common effort.
使我们为共同目标走到一起
I saw something on the Bill Moyers show recently,
我最近在比利摩尔秀上看到一些东西
that so reminded me of this point.
这再次提醒了我
It was an interview with David and Francine Wheeler.
那是一个对戴维和弗朗辛·惠勒的采访
They lost their seven-year-old son, Ben,
他们在Sandy Hook惨案中
in the Sandy Hook tragedy.
痛失7岁幼子本
And even though gun safety legislation to
尽管在此次访谈时国会
strengthen background checks,
已经否决了
had just been voted down in congress at the time
增加背景调查的
they were doing this interview.
枪支安全立法
They talked about
他们谈到
how they refused to be discouraged.
他们拒绝被国会的否决所打击
Francine said this.She said,
弗朗辛说:
“Our hearts are broken,
“我们的心碎了
but our spirits are not.
但精神没垮
I’m going to tell them what it’s like
我想告诉他们有一个关于变故的谈话
to find a conversation about change that is love.
是怎样的感觉 那就是爱
And I’m going to do that without fighting them.”
我将会接受它而不是抵触”
And then her husband David added this,
她的丈夫戴维说
“You simply cannot demonize
“你不能诋毁
or vilify someone who doesn’t agree with you,
或妖魔化那些持有异见的人
because the minute you do that,
因为如果你这样做的那一刻
your discussion is over.
讨论就不再有下文
And we cannot do that any longer.
我不能再那样做了
The problem is too enormous.
问题已经很严重了
There has to be some way
总会有方法
that this darkness can be banished with light.”
将光明驱逐黑暗”
In our political system and in the media
在我们的政治体系和媒体环境下
we often see
我们经常看到
the reflection of a country
对这个国家的反思
that is polarized, that is paralyzed
这个两级分化 近乎瘫痪
and is self-interested.
自私自利的国家
And yet, I know you know the truth.
然而 我知道你们明白真相
We all know that we are better than
我们都知道我们比起那些
the cynicism, and the pessimism
从华盛顿传来的
that is regurgitated throughout Washington
愤世嫉俗和悲观主义
and the 24-hour cable news cycle,
和电视上的24小时滚动新闻更好
not my channel by the way.
我的电视频道除外
We understand that
我们理解
the vast majority of people in this country
这个国家大部分人
believe in strong background checks
相信并支持背景调查
because they realize that
因为他们明白
we can uphold the Second Amendment,
我们可以支持宪法第二修正案
and also reduce the violence
同时减少
that is robbing us of our children.
残杀我们孩子的暴力
They don’t have to be incompatible.
而这两者并无抵触
[Applause]
〔掌声〕
And we understand that most Americans
我们知道大多数美国人
believe in a clear path to citizenship
相信会有一条明确的解决方法
for the twelve million undocumented
让一千两百万居住在这个国家的非法移民
immigrants to reside in this country,
成为公民
because it’s possible to both enforce our laws.
因为这并非不可能——
And at the same time,
在捍卫法律的同时
embrace the world on the Statue of Liberty
我们还要拥抱自由女神像上的辞藻
that have welcomed generations of
而这些话语欢迎了
huddled masses to our shores.
到达美国的海岸的一代代人
We can do both.
我们都能做到
[Applause]
〔掌声〕
And we understand,
正如我了解的那样
I know you do because you all went to Harvard,
正因如此你们才会是在哈佛的人
that people from both parties and no party
来自两党派和无党派的人同样坚信
believe that indigient mothers
贫困的母亲和
and family should have access to
家庭都理应获得
healthy food and a roof over their heads
使其健康的食物、住所
and a strong public education,
以及强有力的教育支持
because here in the richest nation on earth,
因为我们现在正生活在全世界最为富有的国家中
we can afford a basic level of security and opportunity.
我们能提供基础的安全保障和机遇
So the question is: What are we going to do about it?
于是问题随之而来:我们对此有何打算
Really what are you going to do about it?
说真的 我们将要对此做些什么呢
Maybe you agree with these beliefs,
也许你是赞同这些理念的
maybe you don’t.
也许持反对意见
Maybe you care about these issues.
也许你关心这些问题
Maybe there are other challenges that
亦或是你把关注点放在了其他极具挑战的事情上
you, class of 2013, are passionate about.
让你 作为2013年哈佛的毕业生 对这些问题很上心
Maybe you want to make a difference by serving in government.
你可能想要通过行政工作去改变我们的社会
Maybe you want to launch your own television show.
你可能想要做自己的电视节目
Maybe you simply want to collect some change.
你也有可能仅仅是想要收集一些零钱
Your parents would appreciate that about, now.
你的父母会赞扬你现在的所作所为
The point is,
关键是
your generation is charged with this task of
你们这一代人肩负着突破
breaking through what the body politic
国家积年累月无法突破的
has thus far make impervious to change.
重重围嶂的使命
Each of you has been blessed with this enormous opportunity
每一位走进这所提供了无数机遇的学校的人
of attending this prestigous school.
都是受到祝福的
You now have a chance to better your life,
你可以改善你的生活
the lives of your neighbors,
改变你周围人的生活
and also the life of our country.
以及整个国家的命运
When you do that,
当你这样做的时候
let me tell you what I know for sure:
我可以告诉你一件我始终坚信的事:
That’s when your story gets really good.
在这个时候 有关你的故事已然尽善尽美
Maya Angelou always says,” When you learn, teach.
玛雅•安杰罗总是说“有所学时 你要去传递
When you get, give.” That, my friends,
有所得时 你便去给予 ” 我亲爱的朋友
is what gives you a story, purpose and meaning.
那会给你的故事指一个远方 目的与意义
So you all have the power in your own way
你们都有能力用自己的方式
to develop your own Angel Network. And in doing so,
去打造属于你们自己的天使网络 与此同时你会拥有
your class will be armed with more tools of influence
你的阶级会拥有史无前例的影响力
and enpowerment than any other generation in history.
与权力的工具
I did it in an analog world.
我用虚拟网络的方式做到这一点
I was blessed with a platform that at its height
我的网络在鼎盛时期的日浏览量
reached nearly 20 million viewers a day.
能够达到2000万
Now here in the world of Twitter and Facebook and YouTube and Tumblr,
在这个Twitter,Facebook,YouTube与Tumblr盛行的时代
You can reach billions in just seconds.
你在片刻之间便可获得几十亿的浏览量
You are the generation that
就是你们这代人
rejected predictions about your detachment,
在其他人都以为你们会对政治漠不关心的时候
and your disengagement by showing up
你们用你们的一腔热情 彻底颠覆了世人的想象
to vote in record numbers in 2008.
你们在2008年的时候 参与总统大选投票的人数创造新高
And with the pundits said, they said,
当那些“博学多识”的人们猜测道
they talked about you,
他们讨论你
they said you would be too disappointed,
他们说你们必然已经失望透顶
You’d be too dejected
而且这会使你们的政治热情受到重创的时候
to repeat that same kind of turnout in the 2012 election.
你们用甚至比2008年更高的参与记录
And you prove them wrong by showing up even greater numbers.
再一次使世界刮目相看
That’s true you are.
这才是你们
[Applause]
〔掌声〕
This generation, your generation I know,
我所了解的你们这一代
has developed a finely honed radar for B.S.
对一些胡言乱语有极为敏锐的追求
Can you see B.S. at Harvard?
你能在哈佛大学说“Bull Shit”么
The spin and phoniness and artificial nastiness
关于我们的国家 虚伪幻象铺张在你眼前
that saturate so much of our national debate.
纷扰留言充斥在你耳畔
I know you all understand better that most,
我深知你们比众人更加了解
that real progress requires authentic,
一个国家真正的进步是要求建立在
an authentic way of being honesty,
真实而坦诚的基础之上的
and above all, empathy.
还有更为重要的 一种感同身受的心理
I have to say that the single most important lesson
我想我不得不坦言 我所学到的最重要的
I learned in 25 years talking every single day to people
在我25年的访谈历程中
was that there’s a common denominator
在我们的人生阅历中
in our human experience.
我们都有一个共同特征
Most of us,
我们中的大多数
I tell you,
我可以告诉你的是
we don’t want to be divided.
我们并不愿意被排斥
What we want the common denominator that
我在每次的访谈中发现我们的共同特征
I found in every single interview
发现我们所想要的
is we want to be validated.
是我们想要被证实 被认可
We want to be understood.
我们渴望被理解
I’v done over thirty-five
我的职业生涯中进行了
thousand interviews in my carrer.
超过35000个访谈
And as soon as that camera shuts off,
每每在摄像机的镜头关闭后
everyone always turns to be and
几乎所有人都不可避免地转向我
inevitably in their own way
用他们的方式
ask this question:
询问着同一个问题
Was that Ok?
像这样可以么
I heard it from President Bush.
我听过布什总统这样问
I heard it from President Obama.
听过奥巴马总统这样问
I’ve heard it from heroes
我在英雄的口中听到过这个疑问
and from housewives.
同样也在家庭主妇的口中说过这句话
I’ve heard it from victims
我听受害者这样问
in perpetrators of crimes.
也听过那些有罪行的人们这样问
I even heard it from Beyonce
我甚至听过碧昂丝
and all of her Beyonceness.
和她的粉丝们这样问
[Laugh]
〔笑声〕
She finishes the performing,
她结束表演后
hands me the microphone and says:
把麦克风递到我的手中 问道
Was that ok?
像这样可以么
Friends and family, yours,
朋友 家人 你们
enemies, strangers in every arguement
敌人每次争论或邂逅的陌生人
in a every encounter, every exchange,
有关每一次交流
I will tell you.
我都可以笃定地告诉你们
They all want to know one thing:
你们都想知道一件事
Was that ok?
像这样可以吗
Did you hear me?
你听得见我吗
Do you see me?
你看得见我吗
Did what I say mean anything to you?
我之所言是否对你有些许意义
And even though there is a college
尽管这是Facebook诞生的
where Facebook was born,
一所大学
my hope is that you will try to go out
我还是希望你试着走出去
and have more face-to-face conversations with people
与你意见相左的人们
you may disagree with.
有更多面对面的交流
[Applaud]
〔掌声〕
That you’ll have the courage
你要有勇气
to look them in the eye and hear their point of view,
去直视他们的双眼 听他们的意见
and help make sure that the speed and distance
帮助确保我们世界的高速 距离
and anonymity of our world,
和匿名性
doesn’t cause us to lose use our ability
不要让我们失去了
to stand in somebody else’s shoes,
站在别人的立场上的能力
and recognize all that we share as a people.
并且认识到我们作为一个民族所共有的一切
This is imperative for you as an individual
这是必须的不管是作为一个个体的你们
and for our success as a nation.
还是为了整个国家的成功
“There has to be someway
“必定有某种方式
that this darkness can be banished with light.”
黑暗可以被光明驱逐”
says the man whose little boy
一位父亲
was massacred on just in an ordinary Friday in December.
在孩子在12月的一个普通的星期五被杀害时说
So whether you call it soul or spirit,
所以不管你叫它灵魂还是精神
or higher self,intelligence,
亦或是更高尚的自我 天资什么的
there is, I know this,
我所知道的
there is a light inside each of you,
我们内心深处的星星之火
all of us
总能够点燃我们
that illuminates your very human beingness if you let it.
只要你愿意让自己被点亮
And as a young girl from the rural Mississipi,
作为一个来自密西西比州的年轻女孩
I learned long ago that
我很早就知道
being myself was much easirer than pretending to be Barbara Walters.
相比做芭芭拉 我更加擅长做自己
Although when I first started,
纵使我对自己的坚守
because I had Barbara in my head.
是因为我想成为芭芭拉而起
I would try to sit like Barbara, talk like Barbara,
我会像芭芭拉一样坐着 像芭芭拉一样说话
move like Barbara
举止像芭芭拉
And then when I was on the news, reading the news
然而有一天 我在读新闻的时候
and I call Canada “Can-a-da”
我把加拿大称为“加拿大”
and that was the end of me being Barbara.
那就是我试图变成芭芭拉的终止
I cracked myself up on TV,
我在电视上把自己层层剖析
couldn’t stop laughing in
当真正的自我脱颖而出时
my real personality came through.
我笑个不停
And I figure out: Oh,Gee!
我突然想通了:哦,天哪!
I can be a much better Oprah than
与其成为芭芭拉我可以
I could be a pretend Barbara.
成为一个更出色的奥普拉
I know that
我知道
[Applaud]
〔掌声〕
I know that you all might have a little anxiety now
我知道你们现在对离开大学舒适的生活
and hesitation about leaving the comfort of college
把这些在哈佛的积累的经验拿出去实践时
and putting those Harvard credentials to the test.
可能有点焦虑和犹豫不决
But no matter what challenges or setbacks or disappointment you may encounter along the way,
但是在前进的路上无论遇到什么样的挑战 挫折 或是险衅绝望
you will find your success and happiness,
如果你自始至终都只有一个目标
if you have only one goal, there really is only one,
真正的目标只有一个
and that is this.
那就是这个
To fulfill the highest,
作为一个人 你要满足你自己的最真挚
most truthful expression of yourself as a human being.
最坦诚的自我表达
You want a max out your humanity
你奋力拓宽自己的人生领域
by using your energy to live yourself up,
你试图去追逐生命的最大化
your family and the people around you.
试图去改变你的家人 你周围的人
Theologian Howard said it best. He said,
将这件事诠释的淋漓尽致
“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs,
“不要问自己这个世界需要什么
ask yourself what makes you come alive
问问自己是什么让你活下来
and then go do that.
然后去做
because what the world needs is
因为世界需要的
people who have come alive.”
是那些活着的人”
The world needs
世界需要
[Applaud]
〔掌声〕
people like Michael Stoltenberg from Fort Lauderdale.
人们喜欢劳德代尔堡的米迦勒首相
When Michael was just eight years old,
当迈克尔只有8岁的时候
Michael nearly died from a bacterial infection that cost him
迈克尔差点因为一种细菌感染而死亡
both of his hands, and both of his feet.
这让他失去了双手和双脚
And then in an instant,
然后在一瞬间
this vibrant little boy became a quadruple amputee.
这个充满活力的小男孩变成了一个四肢截肢者
And his life was changed forever.
他的生活从此改变了
But in losing who he once was,
但在失去他曾经的他的时候
Michael discovered who he wanted to be.
迈克尔发现了他想成为的人
He refused to sit in that wheelchair all day and
他拒绝整天坐在轮椅上
feel sorry for himself.
为自己感到难过
So with prosthetics,
因此 在义肢的作用下
he learned to walk and run and play again.
他再一次学会了走路 跑步和玩耍
He joined his middle school lacrosse team,
他加入了他的中学曲棍球队
and last month when he learned that
上个月 当他得知
so many victims of the Boston Marathon bombing
波士顿马拉松爆炸案的许多受害者
would become new amputees.
将成为新的被截肢者时
Michael decided to banish that darkness with light.
迈克尔决定用光驱散黑暗
Michael and his brother Harris created “mikeysrun.com”
迈克尔和他的兄弟哈里斯创建了“mikeysrun.com”
to raise one million dollars for other amputees
为其他截肢者筹集100万美元
by the time Harris runs the 2014 Boston Marathon.
在哈里斯参加2014年波士顿马拉松比赛时
More than a thousand miles away from here,
在千里之外的地方
these two young brothers are
这两个年轻的兄弟
bringing people together to support
把人们聚集在一起
this Boston community the way
支持整个波士顿社区
their community came together to support Michael.
如同他们的社区共同支持迈克尔一样
And when this 13-year-old man was asked
当这个13岁的孩子第一次被问及
about his fellow amputees,
一些关于同样被截肢的人的事时
he said this, ” First, they will be sad.
他说:“他们一定会很伤心的
They’re losing something they will never get back.
他们失去了生命中重要且永远不会回来的东西
And that’s scary.
那是很可怕的一件事
I was scared but they’ll be OK.
但他们会振作起来的
They just don’t know that, yet.
他们只是现在还没察觉而已
We might not always know it.
我们可能对这种事所知甚少
We might not alwayd see it or hear it on the news,
这些事并不常见 在电视上也鲜少听闻
or even feel it in our daily lives,
我们的日常生活中也不能有所获知
but I have faith that no matter what,
但我对你们有信心
Class of 2013,
2013级的毕业生
you will be OK.
请相信柳暗花明又一村
And you will make sure our country is OK.
你也要记得确保我们的国家的安康
I have faith because of that nine-year-old girl who went out and collected the change.
我有信心 因为那个9岁的小女孩会出去收集零钱
I have faith because of David and Francine Wheeler.
我有信心 因为大卫和弗朗辛·惠勒
I have faith because of Michael and Harris Stoltenberg.
我有信心 因为迈克尔和哈里斯
And I have faith because of you,
我有信心 是因为你们让我充满信心
the network of Angels sitting here today.
因为你因为天使的“网络”就在这里
One of them, Khadijah Williams,
其中一个是赫蒂彻•威廉姆斯
who came to Harvard four years ago.
她四年前来到哈佛的
[Applaud]
〔掌声〕
Khadijah had attended 12 schools in12 years.
12年来 赫蒂彻曾参加过12所学校
living out of garbage bags, amongst pimps, prositutes and drug dealers.
身处皮条客 妓女 毒品贩子和流浪儿的垃圾袋子里
Homeless, going into department stores Wal-Mart in the morning bathe herself,
无家可归的她 每天早上会去百货大楼 沃尔玛洗澡
so that she wouldn’t smell in front of her the classmates.
为了不让同学们闻到他身上的异味
And today she graduates as a member of Havard class of 2013.
今天 她成为2013届哈佛毕业生中的一员
[Applaud]
〔掌声〕
From time to time, you may stumble, fall.
时不时地 你可能会失足跌倒
You will for sure count on this.
你一定会相信这一点的
No doubt.
我们之中谁也不能幸免
You will have questions and you will have doubts about your path.
你会彷徨会忧虑会无所适从 你会怀疑你的道路
Buf I know this, if you are willing to listen to be guided by that still small voice
但是我知道 如果你肯听听自己的心声
that is the GPS within yourself
你体内隐藏的GPS定位系统
to find out what makes you come alive,
能让你回归你人生的本真
you will be more than OK.
你可能活的更加夺目
You will be happy. You will be successful.
你一定会快乐 一定会成功
And you will make a difference in the world.
你一定会让世界因你而不同
Congratulations, class of 2013!
祝贺你们 2013年的毕业生
Congradulations to your family and friends!
把祝贺同样送给你的亲朋好友们!
Good luck!
祝你们的命运永远备受眷顾!
And thank you for your listening!
感谢您的聆听!
Was that ok?
像这样可以吗

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

在挫折中找到目标,黎明即将到来

听录译者

丁满

翻译译者

僵尸少女

审核员

NL

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMWFieBGR7c

相关推荐