ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

Onism: 明白你所经历的世界其实只有那么小 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

Onism: 明白你所经历的世界其实只有那么小

Onism: The Awareness of How Little of the World You'll Experience

Onism
Onism.
你在这儿
You are here.
起初你迷失了 但是随后你开始画一幅世界地图
You were lost at first, but soon began sketching yourself a map of the world,
开始绘制你生活的轮廓
plotting the contours of your life.
就像第一个探索者
And like the first explorers,
迟早 你不得不征服地图上的空白地带
sooner or later you have to contend with the blank spaces on the map.
所有你从未有过的体验
All the experiences you’ve never had.
你们中有人仍然很难知道外面是什么
The part of you still aching to know what’s out there.
最终这些问题不言而喻
Eventually these questions take on a weight of their own,
并开始在你的日常生活中若隐若现
and begin looming over your everyday life.
你不得不关闭亿万扇门 只为了向前走一条路
All the billions of doors you had to close in order to take a single step forward.
所有你没能完成的和终将没做的事情
All the things you haven’t done and may never get around to doing;
所有或真或假的风险
all the risks that may or may not have been real;
所有你没有买到票的目的地
all the destinations that you *didn’t* buy a ticket to;
所有你在远处看到却只能怀疑的灯光
all the lights you see in the distance that you can only wonder about;
所以你小心避免的不断更替的历史
all the alternate histories you narrowly avoided;
所有潜伏于你脑海里的幻想
all the fantasies that stay dormant inside your head;
所有你正在放弃的事情 都将决定现在的你身处何方
everything you’re giving up, to be where you are right now;
你提出的不恰当的问题难以得到回答
the questions that you wrongly assume are unanswerable.
奇怪的是我们真实所见的宇宙是如此渺小
It’s strange how little of the universe we actually get to see.
奇怪的是我们不得不做出很多假设只是为了勉强过活
Strange how many assumptions we have to make just to get by,
一次只能用一个身躯在一个地方坚持下去
stuck in only one body, in only one place at a time.
奇怪的是我们给出太多理由去解释为什么如此多的生命属于背景
Strange how many excuses we’ve invented to explain why so much of life belongs in the background.
奇怪的是在这样一个陌生的世界我们中很少有人能够感到宾至如归
Strange that any of us could ever feel at home on such an alien world.
我们在地图上描绘怪物 因为我们发现它们的存在真令人欣慰
We sketch monsters on the map because we find their presence comforting.
它们控制着深渊的边缘 迫使我们把目光移开
They guard the edges of the abyss, and force us to look away
因此我们才得以在已知的世界舒服存活
so we can live comfortably in the Known World,
至少存活一段时间
at least for a little while.
但是如果有人问你在你临终之时
But if someone were to ask you on your deathbed
你在地球上可能会留下什么
what it was like to live here on Earth,
也许唯一真诚的回答将是
perhaps the only honest answer would be,
“我不知道 我曾经路过它 但我从未真正来过”
“I don’t know. I passed through it once, but I’ve never really been there.”

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

王小姗姑娘

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrBlmpqh8T0

相关推荐