未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

书籍:改变你的人生

One Book That Will Change Your Life

本视频由audible制作
用描述中的链接 可获得免费的书
和30天试用期
A good book is a tool that operates on your mind.
一本好书是塑造思想的工具
It reshapes it by updating, adding, and removing concepts.
它以更新 增添 移除成见的方式重塑思想
You see the world through your concepts,
你是通过观念来认知世界的
and when they change, the way you see the world changes.
如果观念变了 你看世界的方式也会改变
So recommending a book is like recommending a tool:
因此推荐一本书就像推荐一个工具
it’s impossible to do without knowing the job a person is trying to accomplish.
不知道要达成的目的就无法推荐
Here are some principles that I use for selecting a book to read.
这里是我选择书籍的一些原则
(1) Find a gripping question.
原则1:找到一个感兴趣的问题
What’s the mystery that you wish you could solve?
你希望解开的什么样的秘密?
Really dig deep, and develop this question.
深挖这个问题 尽量拓展它
Write it all out if you need to.
有必要的话把想法都写下来
What keeps you up at night?
是什么让你失眠?
Pose a hypothesis to the question; predict an answer.
针对这个问题提出一个猜想 并预测答案
Let the question be your guide.
让这个问题作为引导
Find books that grapple with it or ones that explore your hypothesis.
寻找可以解决它或者与你的猜想有关的书
The writer’s journey becomes your journey.
作者的经历会变成你的经历
The book will give you new concepts and words
这本书会给你提供新的观念和语言
to navigate towards an answer, a better question,
引导你找到一个答案 或一个更好的问题
or a more refined hypothesis.
又或是一个更好的猜想
You’ll find the book interesting and rewarding
你会发现这本书有趣而且有价值
because you’re the one that posed the question.
因为你是提出问题的人
(2) A good book should teeter on the edge of
原则2:一本好书的内容应该处于你知道
what you do and don’t know.
和不知道的知识的边缘
Science shows us that
科学表明
we learn most effectively when we build on top of what we already know.
建立在已有知识基础上的学习最为有效
A book on calculus will be meaningless
如果你不会四则运算
if you’ve never studied the lower levels of math.
那么讲授微积分的书对你并无意义
A book is a tool:
书是一种工具
it needs something to work on.
需要依附些什么来产生价值
By building new knowledge onto old,
通过在旧知识的基础上拓展新知识
a good book allows you to expand beyond what you once were.
一本好书可以令人得以提升
It serves as a bridge between two versions of yourself.
因此它是连接你和过往自我的桥梁
(3) A good book should subject you to evolution.
原则3:一本好书应该使你得以进步
A good book is like a hammer or a screwdriver:
好书就像锤子或螺丝刀
it has the capacity to destroy and dismantle,
既有破坏和拆解的能力
but it also has the capacity to build, reconstruct, and augment.
也能够构筑 重建和扩充
It will destroy the weakest parts of you,
它将摧毁你最脆弱的部分
retain the truest parts,
只留下最真实的自我
and build stronger parts on top of that.
并基于此使你变得更加强壮
How do you find a book that can destroy you and rebuild you in this way?
怎样找到一本可以打破并重塑自我的书?
The easiest method is
最简单的方法是
to find books that have survived the process of evolution themselves.
寻找已经经受住时间考验并流传至今的书
Books that have been around and praised by culture for a long time
长期以来广受欢迎和赞誉的书籍
are often worth paying attention to.
通常是值得关注的
Culture has repeatedly decided that
社会文化反复证明了
these concepts were worth preserving,
这些观念有保留的价值
so they must be very adaptive or useful.
因此它们一定有很强的适应性和实用性
Another method is to find writers
另一个办法是寻找作者
who subject their own ideas to evolution before putting them into books.
他们将自身想法付诸实践 然后将其写成书
They let time and experience kill off parts of the idea
他们让时间磨砺其见解
and allow for new parts to grow.
让新的思考得以产生
They make the idea adaptive and
他们力求使观点具有普世性
mold it into the shape of truth.
并贴近真理
Isn’t truth that which survives in any space and at any time?
真理难道不是超越时空的存在吗?
Scientists are really good at this.
科学家很擅长这个
They take their theories and run them through empirical tests
他们创造理论并用加以检验
that allow them to be reshaped by reality.
从而根据事实使理论得到改进
Ideally,
理想上
their theories die and are reborn stronger and stronger every-time.
他们的理论在失败与重建的迭代中愈加稳固
The works of a good scientist, philosopher, or artist
正因如此 优秀的科学家
are worth reading for this reason:
哲学家或艺术家的作品值得阅读
they’ve already been refined and subjected to evolution.
它们已经过改良和完善
The final method would be
最后一个方法是
to find books that can give you new experiences.
寻找能给你带来新体验的书
Experience a point of view that you never have before.
体验你未曾有过的视角
Step into someone else’s shoes and
站在别人的立场上
subject yourself to their environment.
沉浸在他们的世界之中
Examine the parts of you that hold up and the parts which crumble.
检视自己的强壮和脆弱之处
You may be surprised to find
你也许会惊讶地发现
that ideas you believed to be true
那些你认为正确的想法
fall apart in a different environment.
在另一种情境下将土崩瓦解
I think that following these principles
我认为遵循以下这些原则将帮助你
will help you find books that will change your life:
找到可以改变你人生的书
(1) Find a question that grips you.
原则1 寻找感兴趣的问题
(2) Find a book that explores the question
原则2 寻找探讨这个问题
and teeters on the edge of what you do and don’t know.
并且处于你已知和未知边缘的书
(3) Find a book that has undergone a rigorous evolutionary process,
原则3 寻找经受住层层考验的书
so you can familiarize yourself with ideas and concepts that won’t die.
这样你才可以领会那些永不过时的观点和观念
You guys have asked me for some book recommendations,
你们让我推荐一些书
but that’s hard to do without knowing your goals.
但不清楚你们的目标 推荐就无从说起
Instead, I’ll put forward some questions
但我会提出一些
that have been interesting to me and the corresponding books
我感兴趣的问题
that have helped me progress towards a clearer answer.
及能帮我靠近其答案的书
(1) What would happen if we had no emotions?
(1)若我们没有感情 会发生什么?
— Descartes’ Error by Antonio Damasio
安东尼奥·达马西奥的《笛卡尔的错误》
(2) How do emotions work?
(2)情绪如何运作?
— How Emotions Are Made by Lisa Feldman Barrett
莉莎菲·德曼·巴瑞特的《情绪》
(3) What are the limits of the scientific method?
(3)科学方法极限是什么?
— Black Swan by Nassim Taleb
纳西姆·塔勒布的《黑天鹅》
(4) Why is behaviour so hard to change?
(4)为什么行为难以改变?
— Behave by Robert Sapolsky
罗伯特·萨波斯基的《行为》
(5) Why are politics and religion so divisive?
(5)为什么政治和宗教如此不相容?
— The Righteous Mind by Jonathan Haidt
乔纳森·海特的《正直的心》
(6) Is there more to life than pleasure or happiness?
(6)人生中有比幸福快乐更有价值的东西吗?
— Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
维克多·弗兰克的《人类寻找宝藏》
(7) What might a world in which pleasure is the highest good look like?
(7)一个快乐至上的世界是什么样的?
— Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
阿尔多斯·赫胥黎的《美好新世界》
(8) What is man?
(8)人是什么?
— Homo Prospectus by Martin Seligman et al.
马丁·塞利格曼等人的《人类法则》
(9) What is personality?
(9)人格是什么?
How can I think about the self?
怎样看待自我?
— Who Are You, Really? by Brian R. Little
布莱特·利特尔的《你究竟是谁? 》
(10) What is the nature of the culture that I am surrounded in?
(10)我所处文化的本质是什么?
— Sophie’s World by Jostein Gaarder
乔斯坦·贾德的《苏菲的世界》
(11) What truly matters at the end of life?
(11)在生命的尽头真正重要的是什么?
— When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
保罗·卡拉尼什的《当呼吸化为空气》
Now, I’m not saying any of
我并不是说
these books contain the answers to these questions,
这些书就能解答以上问题
but if you’re interested in these questions,
但如果你对这些问题感兴趣
you might like these books.
你会喜欢这些书的
I believe it’s better to chart your own path
我相信自己规划选书的路线
than to follow my own anyways.
比直接照搬我的更好
I like to hear what you guys think as well,
我也希望听到你们的想法
Recommend some books to me in the comments and questions
如果你认为某些书解答了这些问题
that you think the answer.
请在评论和问题区推荐给我
新年到了
所以采取措施成为一个新的你
我要感谢我们的赞助商audible
提供的30天试用期
和免费的书
audible是领先的音频书籍供应商
其大量的选择是无与伦比的
我强烈建议你基于对哪个问题感兴趣
从我刚刚谈论的11本书中选一本
我在audible听过《当呼吸化为空气》
我觉得其叙事很美
如果你只让我推荐一本书
我推荐这本书
获得免费的书和30天试用期
要到AUDIBLE.COM/FREEDOMINTHOUGHT
点击描述中的链接
或发送’ FREEDOMUNTHOUGHT’ 到500500
As always, thanks for watching and I’ll see you next time!
一如既往 感谢收看下次再见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

本视频介绍了一些选择书籍的原则,并在最后根据这些原则推荐了一些书。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

大笨🐷的小猪猪

审核员

审核员HJ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsPhktvomxs

相关推荐