未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

网球,爱与母亲

On tennis, love and motherhood | Serena Williams and Gayle King

盖尔·金:塞雷娜·威廉姆斯 请坐
Gayle King: Have a seat, Serena Williams,
或者我们应该说 准妈妈 请坐
or should we say, have a seat, mom.
(欢呼声)
(Cheers)
在座各位肯定都跟我一样
So no doubt, you guys are like me.
已经看到了小威
You saw the release of Serena
上周发出的漂亮黄色泳装照了
in that great yellow bathing suit last week
当我看到照片时 满脑子都是
and when I saw it, all I could think of was,
天啦 她为什么不再等等 到TED现场再公布呢
“Gosh, why couldn’t she have waited till we sat onstage for TED?”
我知道 这太自私了
I was very selfish, I know.
所以我想问问你那是怎么回事
So I asked you about that picture,
你说不希望任何人看到那张照片
and you said nobody was supposed to see that picture.
这是什么意思?
What do you mean?
塞雷娜·威廉姆斯:好吧 其实这是个意外
Serena Williams: Well, actually, it was an accident.
我当时在度假 只是在放松自我
I was on vacation, just taking some time for myself,
这是我用来记录自己状态的方法
and I have this thing where I’ve been checking my status
每周拍一些照片来看看我还要多久——
and taking pictures every week to see how far along I’m going —
盖尔:然后是要分享给朋友们吗?
GK: And sharing it with friends, maybe?
小威:不 其实我只是想存起来
SW: No, actually I have just been saving it,
而且说实话
and I didn’t really tell a lot of people,
我没有告诉太多人
to be quite honest,
只是一直保存着它
and I’d been saving it,
不过你知道的 社交软件 手一滑就——
and you know how social media is, you press the wrong button and —
(笑声)
(Laughter)
盖尔:就变成这样了
GK: And there it was.
小威:所以30分钟后——我的手机平常是不怎么响的
SW: So 30 minutes later — my phone doesn’t ring that much —
30分钟后 我收到了大概4个未接来电
and 30 minutes later, I missed like four calls,
我还觉得很奇怪
and I’m like, that’s weird,
然后我接电话才发现“不得了啦”
and then I picked it up and I was like, oh no.
不过也挺好的
But it was a good moment.
我本来打算五六天后再公布的 所以没关系
I was gonna wait literally just five or six more days — that’s OK.
难怪 我就觉得很奇怪 因为照片上只写着20周
GK: I know, because it was weird, Serena, because it only said 20 weeks,
然后也没有别的太多信息了
so it’s not like there was a whole lot of information on it.
其实那就是我一直以来的做法
SW: Exactly, so that’s what I’ve been doing all this time.
我一直在记录
I’ve been just tracking it.
18周 19周——每周我都会拍照保存
18, 19 — every week I’d just take a picture and save it,
我一直热衷于此
and I’ve been so good about it,
这是我唯一“失手”的一次
and this was the one time that I slipped.
无所谓了 总之还是要恭喜你
GK: There you go. Well, congratulations.
谢谢
SW: Yes, thank you.
好在没事 但是你知道这个消息时
GK: It really is OK. When you heard the news,
是感到兴奋?害怕?还是担心?
were you excited? Were you afraid? Were you worried?
我是说你怀孕的消息
That you were pregnant, I mean.
我是在澳网开赛的前两天知道的
SW: So I heard it two days before the beginning of the Australian Open,
那是最大的公开赛之一
which is one of the biggest grand slams.
你在那两天前才发现?
GK: You found out two days before?
对 我是在那前两天才知道的
SW: Yeah, so it was two days before, and I knew.
我很紧张
I was nervous.
整个脑袋乱糟糟的
I wasn’t quite sure what to think,
但我很清楚在那一刻
but I just knew that at that moment
集中精力对我来说非常重要
it was really important for me to just focus right there
在澳网赛场上
at the Australian Open,
我不知道该怎么做
and I was definitely not sure what to do.
我在想 我可以上场吗?
I was like, can I play?
我知道那很危险 可能还在前三个月
I know it’s very dangerous, maybe, sometimes in the first 12 weeks or so,
所以我非常困扰
so I had a lot of questions.
但你不但打了 还赢了 威廉姆斯女士
GK: But not only did you play, Ms. Williams, you won.
(欢呼声)
(Cheers)
是的
SW: Yeah.
或许我可以说 你赢得了23次大满贯
May I just say, 23 grand slams to you.
谢谢
SW: Thank you.
(掌声)
(Applause)
还是在怀孕的时候!
GK: While pregnant!
我正想突破自我 所以——
SW: Well, I was looking for another handicap, so … no.
怀着孕打比赛 打法会有什么不同吗?
GK: Did you play differently that game, knowing you were pregnant?
肯定的 会打得有些艰难
SW: I did. It wasn’t very easy.
你听过很多人在怀孕的时候
You hear all these stories about people when they’re pregnant,
会不舒服 会很累
they get sick and they get tired.
你有过晨吐吗?
GK: Have you had morning sickness?
没有 我比较幸运吧
SW: No, I’ve been so fortunate and so I haven’t.
但孕妇们确实会很累 也会很焦虑
But they get really tired and they get really stressed out,
我必须将所有的负能量
and I had to really take all that energy,
这么说吧 装进纸袋里
put it in a paper bag, so to say,
然后扔掉
and throw it away,
因为我感觉自己真的没时间
because I really felt like I didn’t have time
去处理任何多余的情绪和事情
to deal with any extra emotions, any extra anything,
因为没人知道我是不是怀孕了
because pregnant or not, no one knew,
而我必须赢得那场锦标赛
and I was supposed to win that tournament
就像我以往的每场比赛一样
as I am every tournament that I show up.
大家希望我赢
I am expected to win,
如果我输了 那才是更大的新闻
and if I don’t win, it’s actually much bigger news.
对 你输了比赛会是个大新闻
GK: Yeah, when you don’t win, that’s a big story.
嗯 所以对我来说 必须摆脱
SW: Yes, so for me, I had to really take anything negative
所有负面的东西和当时所有的情绪
and any emotions that I was feeling at that point
然后克制住
and kind of just bottle them up
再想清楚自己下一步该怎么做
and really figure out what the next step for me to do was.
你有很多支持者 也有很多真爱粉
GK: You have a lot of support. You have a lot of love.
甚至在来这的路上 粉丝们就把我堵在机场
Even when I was coming here, people stopped me at the airport.
我跟空乘 飞行员说:“猜猜我要去哪里?”
I was saying to the flight attendant, the pilot, “Guess where I’m going?”
他们说:“天啊 小威怀孕了 我们真为她高兴”
They said, “Oh my God, we’re so glad she’s pregnant.”
但是你也有些狂热的喷子
But then you always have these cranky Yankees.
来这的路上 有人跟我说了伊利耶·纳斯塔塞的事
On the way over here, somebody was telling me about Ilie Nastase,
他发表了一些很不友好 甚至涉及种族歧视的不当言论
who said some very unkind, inappropriate, dare I say racial things.
你对此作出了回应
You have responded to him.
换作是我 根本不屑于理会他的话
I’m not even going to dignify what he said,
但你回应了 为什么这么做呢?
but you responded. Why did you respond?
我觉得会有很多不当言论
SW: Well, I think there are very inappropriate comments,
不止这一个
and not only that,
一直以来 我得到了同胞们
I’ve been really supportive of my peers,
和同事们的大力支持
and the people that I’ve worked with.
我打职业网球也将近20年了
I’ve been a pro for almost 20 years,
而我 也很有必要为女性同胞们树立个榜样
and so for me, it’s really important to hold women up,
有些小女生会来更衣室找我
and it’s something that these young women, they’ll come to the locker room
想要和我合影
they’ll want to take pictures with me,
所以就我而言
and for me, it’s just like,
我希望能成为一个优秀的领导者并为她们树立好的榜样
I want to be able to be a good leader and a good example for them.
所以不仅——
So not only —
(掌声)
(Applause)
不仅是因为他对我和我的同胞们大放厥词
Not only did he have rude things to say about me and my peers,
更重要的是我们要为彼此
I felt it was important for us to stand up for each other
也为自己发声
and to stand up for myself.
所以那时候我的回应是非常重要的
And at that point it was really important for me to say,
比如说 我不怕 我就在这
like, I’m not afraid, I’m not going anywhere,
但这并不合适
but this is inappropriate,
每件事都有恰当的时机和地点
and there’s time and there’s a place for everything.
可那时候并不是适合说这些
And that really wasn’t the time and the place.
我们再说说你说你哪也不去的问题
GK: We cut the part where you said you’re not going anywhere,
因为到九月份你就36岁了 孩子也快出生了
because you’ll be 36 in September. Baby’s coming, 36.
你的教练曾经说年龄很重要
And your coach said age is always important,
在网球比赛中更为重要
but in tennis it’s very important,
他却没有质疑你不会复出
but he has no doubt that you’re coming back.
你有没有担心过自己能不能复出?
Have you thought, am I coming back?
我要不要休息一段时间?
Will I take some time off?
我知道休假时很多女性都会问
I know the women on the tour are saying,
养育一个小孩要多久?两年后她就成为过去了吗?
“How long does it take to have a baby? Two years will she be gone?”
你是怎么看待的?
What are you thinking?
我正努力反抗这种不平等待遇
SW: Well, I’m always trying to defy the odds, you know,
所以对我来说 每件事都是非常重要的
so for me everything is really mental.
我肯定会回归的 只是时候还未到而已
I definitely plan on coming back. I’m not done yet.
我从我的姐姐那受到了很大的鼓舞
I’m really inspired by my sister.
她比我大一点点 所以——
She’s a year older than me, and that’s something that —
如果她依旧在打 那么我也会
if she’s still playing, I know I can play.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
世上还有很多 比如罗杰•费德勒 他比我还大一点
And there’s so many — Roger Federer, he’s a little bit older than me
依旧可以赢得所有比赛 所以我想我也可以
and he’s still winning everything, so I’m like, I know I can do that too.
那些都使我深受鼓舞 尤其是最近
So that’s been so inspiring to me, especially recently,
我想那就是我想做的事
and I know that it’s something I want to do.
而我的荣耀绝对还未过去
And my story is definitely not over yet.
我和我的教练说起这个
I was talking to my coach about it,
我们讨论说 这只是我生命中新的部分
and we were talking about how this is just a new part of my life,
而我的孩子将坐在观众席观赛
and my baby’s going to be in the stands
希望他能为我骄傲 不用因为我而太伤心
and hopefully cheering for me, not crying too much.
不 你昨天就为你的孩子写下了一封感人的信
GK: No, you wrote a beautiful letter to your baby yesterday
你说过–老妈写给宝贝的一封信
that you said — from the oldest mommy to the youngest one,
献给长子 也献给幼子 我迫不急待想要见到那时的你
to the oldest, to the youngest, I can’t wait for you to get here.
许多人也有同感
A lot of people feel that.
赛琳娜 我一年前见过你 现在看看你的生活
I saw you about a year ago, because I think about your life, Serena.
在过去六个月中 你经历了三件人生大事
You’ve had three life-changing things in a six-month time:
怀孕 大满贯 陷入爱河
pregnant, huge win, fell in love.
当我去年见到你时
And when I saw you last year,
我还在问 你的爱情生活状况如何 之类的
I was saying, “How’s your love life? Da da da.”
你说 我遇到个男生 他有点呆呆的 是个技术宅
You said, “I met a guy. He’s a nerdy, kinda geeky guy.
你不会认识他的
You won’t know who he is.”
我问 他叫什么名字
I said, “What’s his name?”
是的 我记得和你谈过这件事
SW: I remember talking to you about that, yes.
你说 阿莱克希欧汉尼恩 我说 我认识他 他很棒
GK: And you said, “Alexis Ohanian.” I said, “I know him!” He’s awesome.
但是我从未想过你会和一个呆呆的技术宅走在一起
But I would never put you with a nerdy geek,
你说 你也不能
and you said, you neither.
我跟你实话实说 我当时确实没想过
SW: I’m going to be honest with you, I didn’t either,
但和他在一起是迄今为止发生在我身上最好的事
but it’s been the best thing for me.
为什么说是最好的事呢
GK: The best thing why?
那看起来像一个呆萌技术宅吗
Does that look like a nerdy geek?
看看那件T恤
Look at the shirt.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
不会 他是一个很棒的小伙子
No, he’s a very nice guy.
可以看得出他对科技很感兴趣
SW: You can tell he’s into technology.
他是一位非常 非常不错的小伙子
GK: He’s a very, very nice guy.
我非常喜欢他
I like him very much.
他是怎么追到你的 而其他人都失败了
So how did he succeed when others have failed?
你是怎么知道 他就是你的真命天子的
How was he the one that you knew, this is the one for me?
嗯 我其实不打算说起这件事的
SW: Well, I’m not going to say that,
但是……
but …
(笑声)
(Laughter)
赛琳娜 说出来 快点说
GK: Say it, Serena, say it!
好吧
SW: Well …
(笑声)
(Laughter)
是的
Yes.
(掌声)
(Applause)
你知道我指的是什么
GK: But you know what I mean.
他非常温柔 善良 我妈妈说他很体贴人
SW: He is very loving and he’s very kind, and my mom says he’s very considerate,
当我妈妈这么对我说的时候
and when she said that to me,
我就明白 他就是我等的人
I was like, you know, he really is,
正是一些小事让生活产生巨大变化的
and it’s the little things that really make a huge difference in life.
比如说在什么方面
GK: Like?
在一些简单的事情上
SW: Something simple.
我开的时尚品牌每年有一场时装秀
My fashion company, we have a show every year,
去年举办时装秀时 我忙得团团转
so in our show last year, I was running around like crazy,
因为时装秀的每件事我都亲力亲为
because I do everything for the show,
每件事都负责
and everything for it,
所以我忙得脚不着地
so I was running around like crazy,
而他呢 就穿着这件t恤向我做了个简单的手势
and he, it was a simple gesture of this shirt that he had,
他只想确保我和他有同样的t恤
and he just wanted to make sure that I had the same one,
这是一个奇怪的故事
and it was — it’s a weird story.
亲身经历感觉更好 我保证
It was better in person, I promise.
求婚是不是很棒?
GK: Was it a wonderful proposal?
还是像碧昂丝歌里唱的那样
Or was it a Beyoncé song?
如果你喜欢某人应该给他带上求婚戒指
“If you like it then you ought to put a ring on it”?
结婚会让你感到有压力吗
Were you feeling pressure to get married?
你知道他准备向你求婚了吗
Did you know it was coming?
是的 其实我从不觉得婚姻会给我带来压力
SW: Yeah, I actually never felt pressure to get married
但是我也不能说我是那种很想结婚的人
and I can’t say I’m the marrying type of person.
我热爱生活
I really love my life.
我喜欢自由
I love my freedom.
我听说婚姻可能会带来的那些变化
I heard that kind of changes.
但我喜欢我做的每一件事
But I love everything that I do,
我热爱我的职业
and I love my career,
我一直觉得我不想任何事情扰乱我的职业生涯
and I always felt like I didn’t want anything to interfere with that.
其实我一直都以事业为重
I’ve actually been so career-oriented
事实上 当他求婚时
and in fact, when he proposed,
我差点生气了
I was almost angry.
不是差一点 我生气了
Not almost. I was angry,
因为当时刚好是我的训练季
because it was right in the middle of my training season,
我说 我要赢得澳网公开赛
and I said, “I gotta win the Australian Open.
我不能飞去罗马
I can’t fly to Rome.”
因为他想带我去罗马
Because he wanted to take me to Rome,
于是我说 我不能去 我要赢得比赛
and I said, “I can’t. I gotta win.”
我就是这么集中精力打比赛
But that’s how focused I was.
好吧 这就是那个说着 不 我不能去罗马的女孩
GK: This is a girl that says, “No, I can’t go to Rome.” OK.
我确实把所有精力集中在为了实现目标上
SW: But I was really focused on reaching my goals
在那个时候 我知道自己想超越一个网球选手
and I knew at that point there was one player that I wanted to pass.
我想要超越施特菲格拉芙的纪录
I wanted to pass Steffi Graf’s record,
那对我来说意义重大
and that really meant a lot to me,
我一旦下定决心要做什么事
and when I put my mind to something,
我就不达目的誓不罢休
I really am determined to reach it
无论怎样
no matter what.
你知道吗 你说对你来说–
GK: You know, you said that for you —
我听说你说过你对获得胜利这件事上瘾
I’ve heard you say that winning is addictive to you.
的确如此
SW: It is.
对获胜上瘾是什么意思
GK: What do you mean?
我觉得获得胜利对我而言是超级具有吸引力的
SW: I feel like winning for me is superaddictive.
一旦尝过胜利的滋味
I feel like once you experience it,
你会一直想要再次体会那种感觉
you always want to get that feeling again,
当我第一次赢得冠军时才17岁
and when I won my first championship, I was only 17 years old,
但我从未忘记那种感觉
but I never forgot that feeling,
我感觉每次我再赢得冠军时
and I feel like every time I win one,
我都想重新感受第一次夺冠时的感觉
I want to reach that feeling of your first championship.
世界上没有什么体验能与之相比
There’s really no feeling in the world like that.
那就像 这些年的训练
And it’s like, all these years of training
从小就开始练球的经历
and being a little kid and playing,
到获得胜利 都是美好的体验
and then winning is a wonderful experience.
所以对我来说我一直喜欢那种感觉
So for me I’ve always felt like I loved that feeling,
显然 我不喜欢输掉比赛的感觉 我觉得–
and obviously I don’t like the feeling of losing. I feel like —
不 事实上 你身边的人说你是一个糟糕的失败者
GK: No, in fact, people close to you say you’re a very bad loser.
我并不是最佳的输家
SW: I’m not the best loser.
但是你非常非常非常糟糕
GK: That you’re very, very, very bad.
确实 没有哪个运动员 哪个强者喜欢输掉比赛
Listen, no athlete, no champion likes to lose.
我明白
I get that.
但是他们说当你输掉比赛时 你非常非常不善于处理败局
But they say when it comes to losing, you are very, very, very bad at it.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
我只能这么说 对于处理失败我也是第一名
SW: I’m number one at losing too, so you know, that’s all I can say.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
(掌声)
(Applause)
我一直很好奇你和姐姐维纳斯之间的相处模式
GK: I’m always curious about the dynamic between you and Venus,
因为认识你的人都知道
because everybody that knows you and has followed the story
你们很亲近
knows that you two are very close,
你做什么事都会尽力做到最好
and you always bring your A game in whatever you do,
但我常好奇 当你和维纳斯对打时
but I often wonder, when you’re playing her,
你会因为为她考虑而稍微放水呢
do you bring your A- game because you want to do something for her
还是会加倍发挥实力 将她击败
or do you bring your A++ game because you want to crush her.
和她比赛对你而言是更容易还是更为艰难
Is it harder for you playing her or easier?
嗯 和维纳斯对打就好像和另一个自己比赛一样
SW: Well, playing Venus is like playing myself,
因为我俩从小一起打到大 一起练习
because we grew up playing each other, we grew up practicing together.
和她对打是一件艰难的事
And it was something that has been difficult,
因为她是我最强的对手
because she’s my toughest opponent.
她身材高大 行动敏捷
She’s tall, she’s fast,
她像我一样大力击球 发球也和我相似
she hits hard like me, she serves like me.
和她比赛就像对着一面墙打
It’s really like playing a wall.
她了解你
GK: She knows you.
她在我接球前就知道我会如何接球了
SW: She knows where I’m hitting the ball before I hit it,
所以和她对打并不轻松
so it’s something that is not very easy,
但是和她对打时 当我走上球场
but it’s really about, when I go out there,
我必须集中精力 不去胡思乱想 我对自己说
I really have to shut down my mind and I have to say to myself,
你知道吗
“You know what?
我只是在和一个伟大球员进行比赛 但今天我必须发挥得更好
I’m just playing a great player, but today I have to be better.
我不管对手是谁 是我姐姐 还是我的朋友
I don’t care who it is, if it’s my sister or it’s my friend,
今天我一定要上场 一定要发挥得更出色
today is the day I have to show up and I have to be better
此刻 我必须比世界上任何人都要更渴望
and I have to want it more than anyone else at this moment
赢得比赛
anywhere on this world.”
所以在球场上你从未落后于维纳斯
GK: So never on the court do you fall back for Venus?
因为 你知道 每次都是 维纳斯对塞雷娜
Because, you know, it was always Venus and Serena.
是的
SW: Yes.
现在妹妹超过姐姐
GK: And now baby sister has surpassed older sister.
你会有愧疚感吗
Do you feel guilt about that?
你感到快乐吗
Do you feel joy in that?
这对你来说会是一个尴尬的处境吗
Is that a difficult position for you?
我没觉得任何不适
SW: I don’t feel anything in there.
在我生活中 将一直并永远存在维纳斯和塞雷娜
In my life, it still and forever is always going to be Venus and Serena.
她是我爱的人 也是我最好的朋友
She’s really love of my life, she’s my best friend,
是我的灵魂伴侣
she’s my soul mate.
我的意思是–
I mean —
我俩有一张照片 是她在推着我
There’s pictures of her pushing me,
那是张画质很低的照片 不然我会把照片和大家分享
really low-quality pictures or else I would have shared them,
照片里 在一个网球场上 她推着坐在学步车里的我
of her pushing me in a stroller on a tennis court,
她一直很照顾我
and she always took care of me.
以前我总把所有零花钱买了冰淇淋之类的
I used to spend all of my allowance money on the ice cream truck and stuff,
在学校 维纳斯就会把她的钱分给我用
and she would take her money and give it to me at school
确保我有东西吃 即使她自己可能因此没得吃
and make sure I had something to eat and she would go without,
她就是这种人
and that’s the kind of person she actually is
从我认识她起就一直是这样
since I’ve always known her.
所以我们对彼此有着超乎寻常的尊重
So we always have this incredible respect for each other
以及超乎寻常的爱
and this incredible love,
我认为让人们明白 一个人既可以很成功
and I think it’s important for people to realize you can be successful
也可以同时拥有美好的关系 这很重要
but you can still have a wonderful relationship.
在赛场上 我们是死敌
On the court we are mortal enemies,
但比赛结束握手后 我们又立即成为最好的朋友
but the second we shake hands, we are best friends again.
但如果是我输了比赛 可能得过一天后
And if I lose, it might be a day later for me,
但是对维纳斯来说–
but for Venus —
(笑声)
(Laughter)
难道你在场上从没有一边击球
GK: There’s never a time on the court where you hit the ball
一边说这是为七年级你做过的某某事报仇
and say, “That’s for seventh grade when you did the blah blah blah”?
难道从没有过这样吗
You never have any moment like that?
我觉得是她会面临这种情况
SW: I feel like she should have those moments,
因为她从没对我不好
because she’s never done anything bad to me,
反而我是妹妹 会欺负她
but I’m the youngest. I’m the younger sister.
塞雷娜 她真的从未对你做过坏事
GK: Serena, she’s never done anything bad to you? Really?
我有三个姐妹 我对她们就做过过一些不好的事
I have three sisters. I can think of some stuff I’ve done bad.
要不就是她给我洗脑让我忘记了
SW: Unless she brainwashed me to forget them.
不 我知道你对她的爱十分纯粹
GK: No, but the love you have for her I know is very pure. I know that.
-是的-我就知道
SW: Yes. GK: I know that.
我们成长过程中一直很亲近
SW: We were always brought up to be superclose,
我们超乎寻常的亲近彼此
and we are incredibly close.
不仅是她
Not only her.
和另外三个姐妹也是如此 我们一直很亲近
I have three other sisters as well, and we were always so close.
在大赛前 你俩会不会聚到一块
GK: So before a big match, the two of you don’t get together
说 我们要比赛了之类的话 还是什么也不做
and say, look, we’re going to go out there and — there’s nothing?
很有趣的是 在澳网公开赛前
SW: Well, it’s funny. Before the Australian Open,
我们在储物室
we were in the locker room together,
我总是招惹她 在她换衣服时拿出相机
and I always pick on her, so I pulled out my camera while she was changing.
给她拍照 这不合适
I started taking pictures of her, which is totally inappropriate,
她对此很生气
but she was so mad at me.
她会说 停下来 塞雷娜 我只是笑笑
She’s like, “Serena, stop!” And I was just laughing at her.
但这就是我们的相处模式 如我所说
But that’s the kind of relationship that we have, and like I said,
我们踏上球场那刻
the second we step on the court,
我们绝对是死对头
it was like, we were definitely mortal enemies,
但一旦我们从赛场下来 我们–
but the second we stepped off, and moments before, we’re just —
就是这样 因为不管怎样
It is what it is, because at the end of the day,
她永远都是我姐姐
she’ll always be my sister.
我不会永远打澳网
I’m not going to play Australia in —
谁知道呢 我一直都在打
Well, who knows, I’ve been playing forever,
但我想50年后我应该不会打了吧
but I don’t think I’ll be playing in 50 years, say?
安全起见说50年
Let’s be safe and say 50 years.
塞雷娜 我不知道 从没有人像你一样
GK: I don’t know, Serena. There’s never been anybody like you.
仔细想想 从没有谁
When you think about it, never been anybody
像你一样称雄各性别各种族
who has intersected gender and race the way you have,
有如你般出色的控制力和判断力
the dominance that you have and the scrutiny that you have.
在你成长中 你会说 我想要成为那样吗
And when you were growing up, did you say, “I want to be like that”?
现在小女孩都看着你
Because now little girls are looking at you
说 我想要成为她
saying, “I want to be like that.”
对你而言 谁是你曾经想要成为的人
Who was the “I want to be like that” for you?
这很有趣 很高兴你谈起这个话题
SW: Well, it’s interesting, and I’m glad you brought that up.
对我而言 成长过程中我一直想要成为最强
For me, when I grew up, I always wanted to be the best,
要成为最强 就得效仿最强的
and I said, if you want to be the best, you’ve got to emulate the best.
所以当我很小就开始打循环赛
So when I started to go on tour when I was really young,
我会见到施特菲格拉芙 莫妮卡塞莱斯
I would see Steffi Graf, I would see Monica Seles,
甚至皮特桑普拉斯
and I would even see Pete Sampras,
我观察他们在做什么
and I would see what they did,
我注意到施特菲和莫妮卡
and I noticed that Steffi and Monica
不怎么和其他球员说话
didn’t really talk to a lot of the other players,
我们似乎独来独往
and they kind of were on their own,
她们很集中精力
and they were just so focused
我会观察皮特桑普拉斯所使用的技术
and I would see Pete Sampras, the technique that he did,
我心想 我也要那样做
and I was like, “I want to do that.”
所以我模仿他 我觉得要成为最强的
So I did that, and I felt that to be the best,
如果你想成为最强的
and if you want to be the best,
必须和大家相处交流
you have to hang around people
必须从最优秀的人身上学习
and you have to look at people that are the best,
因为你不会成为最强的
because you’re not going to be the best
如果不从顶尖水平的人身上学习的话
if you’re looking at someone that’s not at the top level.
人们说没人像你一样努力
GK: People say nobody works as hard as you.
-我是勤奋的人 -我听说了
SW: I’m a very hard worker. GK: That’s what I heard.
人们说 她才华横溢 她运动力强
SW: People say, “Oh, she’s talented, she’s athletic.”
其实并非如此 对我的年纪来说我体格很小
Actually, I wasn’t. I was really small for my age.
随着年纪增长 我长高了
I grew up when I got older,
我训练真的很刻苦
and I had to work really hard,
我想我奋力拼搏刻苦训练的原因之一
and I think one of the reasons why I fight so hard and I work so hard
是我真的真的体格小
is because I was really, really, really small.
是的
GK: Yeah.
你现在体格不小了
You are no longer small.
是的 我发育完全了
SW: No, I’m fully grown now.
但无论如何 我小时候的确很矮小
But I was small when I was really young for whatever reason.
我猜可能维纳斯吃光了所有的食物
I think Venus maybe ate all the Wheaties.
你知道吗 人们也常谈论你的体格
GK: You know, the other thing people talk about is your body.
你的体格让男人女人为之倾倒
Your body brings men and women to their knees.
羡慕崇拜
And I mean in a good way.
关于你的体格有很多描述
A lot has been made about your body.
它是艺术品 肌肉饱满 容光焕发
It’s a work of art, it’s masculine, it’s glorious,
没有什么可以与之匹敌
there’s never been anything like it.
在成长中 你有什么体格方面的烦恼吗
Did you have body issues when you were growing up?
你对自己的身体是否一直很满意
Have you always been comfortable with your body?
很有趣的是当你是少女时
SW: It’s interesting, because when you’re a teenage female
在公众关注下成长
growing up in the public eye,
要面对很多别人的眼光
it is a lot of scrutiny that you face,
正如任何少女一样
and as any female that’s a teenager,
我对自己的身体不满意
I definitely was not comfortable in my body.
我不喜欢
I didn’t like it.
我不明白为什么我有很多肌肉
I didn’t understand why I had muscles.
我停止举重
And I stopped lifting weights.
我对自己说我不要做这件事
I was like, I’m not going to do this.
但我赢得美网公开赛后
But then after I won the US Open,
我意识到是我的身体帮我达成了心愿
I realized that my body helped me reach goals that I wanted to reach,
我想要愉快地接受它
and I wanted to be happy with it,
我感恩拥有这副体格
and I was so appreciative of it.
我一直很健康
I’m always healthy.
我很幸运
I’m really fortunate and superblessed,
我觉得我不仅喜欢自己的身体
and I felt like not only am I happy with my body,
我也希望和我有相同经历的
but I want other people and other young girls
其他人和其他少女们
that have experienced what I’ve experienced
能接受自己
to be happy with themselves.
所以不管人们说什么
So whatever people say —
如男人婆 什么太多或太少之类的
masculine, whatever, too much, too little —
我都无所谓 只要我自己爱自己
I’m OK with it as long as I love myself.
(掌声)
(Applause)
我知道你从胜利中学到很多
GK: I know you learn a lot from winning,
但你从失败中学到什么呢
but what have you learned from losing?
我讨厌输 但是失败造就了今天的我
SW: I hate to lose, but I think losing has brought me here today.
我之所以是今天的我完全是因为失利
The only reason I am who I am is because of my losses,
其中一些经历极为痛苦
and some of them are extremely painful,
但我觉得它们是必要的
but I wouldn’t take any of them away,
因为每经历一次失败
because every time I lose,
就离下一次失败更远
it takes a really long time for me to lose again
因为我从中学到很多
because I learn so much from it.
我鼓励我遇到的人
And I encourage everyone that I talk to —
我会说 如果你输了或者发生了什么事
I’m like, listen, if you lose or if something happens —
也许不是体育而是事业或学业上
not in sports — in business or in school —
从中学习
learn from it.
不要沉溺在过去 活在当下
Don’t live in the past, live in the present,
未来不要犯同样的错
and don’t make the same mistakes in the future.
这是我一直以来的生活理念
That’s something that I always try to live by.
你正在筹划婚礼
GK: Now you’re planning a wedding
我想知道 会是旅游婚礼吗
and I want to know, is it a destination wedding
去凯兹奇山或波可洛山 还是在弗罗里达
in the Catskills or Poconos or are you going to do it in Florida?
你是怎么打算的
What are you thinking?
大型还是小型
Big or small?
我们考虑中型婚礼 不想太隆重
SW: We’re thinking medium size. We don’t want to do too big,
但我们也不能不邀请这个或不邀请那个
but then we’re like, OK, we can’t say no to this person, this person.
所以是中型婚礼 我们考虑到
So we’re thinking medium size and we’re just thinking —
我天性爱玩乐 希望今天你发现了
My personality is a lot of fun. Hopefully you can see that today.
我不是一本正经的人
I’m not too serious.
而且你喜欢跳舞
GK: And you like to dance.
塞雷娜下一人生篇章是怎样的
And the next chapter for Serena Williams is what?
嗯 接下来
SW: Oh, next for me.
显然我会迎来一个宝宝
Obviously I’m going to have a baby
我会保持苗条 重返赛场打网球
and I’m going to stay fit and kind of come back and play tennis
同时继续运营我的时尚品牌
and keep working on my fashion line.
那真的很有趣
That’ll be really fun.
你知道是男孩还是女孩吗
GK: Do you know if it’s a boy or girl?
不知道 我感觉是其中一个
SW: I don’t. I have a feeling of one or the other.
一半一半的概率 但我有种感觉
It’s a 50-50 chance, but I have a feeling.
盖乐是个中性的名字
GK: Gayle is a unisex name.
无论你和艾力克为他决定取什么名 为你加油
Whatever you and Alexis decide, we are cheering you on!
-谢谢 -不客气
SW: Thank you for that. GK: You’re welcome.
-塞雷娜威廉姆斯 为你加油 -非常感谢
We are cheering you on, Serena Williams. SW: Thank you so much.
谢谢大家
Thank you guys.
(掌声)
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

怀孕的塞雷娜威廉姆斯在接受盖儿金的访谈 谈到她未来的打算

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

人参

审核员

审核员YX

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL-SiaFuLo4

相关推荐