ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

办公室政治:你的隐藏能力 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

办公室政治:你的隐藏能力

Office Politics: Your Hidden Superpower ✓

今天我要给大家分享两个关于我自己工作经历的案例
Today I’m going to share with you two examples from my own work history,
这是关于办公室政治的影响 它是如何彻底毁了你的职业生涯或使你飞黄腾达
about the effects of office politics that how it can completely destory or make your career.
第一个案例里 我就是个失败者
In the first example, I’m, I am the loser.
嗯 这个故事是我在标准普尔的时候被毫无缘由的解雇
Ah,this was when I worked for Standard & Poor’s and got brutally, brutally fired,
在保安人员的监视下我被请出了公司
with a security escorting me outside.
这个故事 太糟糕了 就像《甜心先生》一样的渣
Uh, uh it was, was that bad, it was like “Jerry Maguire” style bad.
但是这个故事我们待会再说
But we are going to talk about that soon.
第二段经历是我在普华永道工作的时候 很幸运这回我当了回赢家
And the second experience is with PWC Consulting, and luckily this time I am the winner.
所以 我想跟你们分享这两个故事
So, and I’ve tried share with you these two stories.
故事讲完后我会系统地教你们该怎么做
Then I will teach you systematically, what you can do,
来确保办公室政治可以为你助力 而不是成为你的阻力
to make sure office politics work for you, instead of against you.
第一个故事 要追溯到2007年或者 呃 2008年早些时候
So the first story, this was back in 2007 or, uhm, early 2008.
那时候我在标准普尔公司工作
And I was working for Standard & Poor’s, S&P.
想象一下在东南亚的异国他乡我拥有的美好的生活
Imagine I built this beautiful lifestyle for me in a foreign country in Southeast Asia,
在那儿我是一名外籍员工
where I was an expatriate.
我还在慢慢地建立我的朋友圈 我有一帮很铁的朋友而且我还加入了当地的游艇俱乐部玩帆船
And I was slowly building my network, I had great friends and I was sailing in the local yacht club,
买了我的小船 你懂的 就是一种美好的生活 我就是爱这样的生活
bought my own little boat. You know, just a nice life, I just loved my life.
当我工作如鱼得水的时候 有一个女生 我们这里叫她珍妮
And when everything was going great at work, there was this lady, let’s call her Jenny.
我不想说她是个婊子 但她确实很婊 完全的操控狂
I don’t want to say she was a total bitch, but she was a total bitch. So, totally manipulative, sneaky.
珍妮就是那种“你要敢宽衣解带 我们就来场友谊赛”那种女生
You know, “let me get in your pants, then I will play with you” kind of girl.
但她确实很性感 像Jennifer Connolly那种性感
But she was hot, I mean, she was Jennifer Connolly hot.
对不起 我离题了 她是那种你只会在电影里看到的那种女生
Sorry, I digress, so, she was one of those girls that you would only see in movies,
你懂的 她们不可能出现在现实生活中的 而她却真实存在
you know, they wouldn’t exist in real life, but they do.
不管如何 我工作做得拔尖 身边的同事也足够尊重我
So, anyway, I was fairly good at my job, and people around me respected me well enough to ignore,
以至于从她身上发出的任何负面信息 他们都能自动屏蔽
any negative messaging coming from her,
另外 大家都相当了解她
Eh, in addition, everybody knew her pretty well,
所以她对我的控诉并没有很奏效 所以说
so she wasn’t very effective in her blaming campaign, so to speak.
直到我那个区域总监辞职
Until, until when our country director resigned,
然后一个用下半身思考的傻帽顶上了
and then replaced by this total womanizer idiot of person.
我想说 如果你要做花花公子 没问题 至少不要做一个傻帽
And, I mean if you are going to be a womanizer, great,at least,don’t be an idiot,
而如果你是个傻帽 就别想当个花花公子
and if you are gonna be a idiot, don’t be a womanizer.
而那种傻帽和色胚完美结合的人设正是珍妮所要的
Eh that’s basically the perfect combination of character traits Jenny was waiting for.
因此 这个人一来就被珍妮搞定了
So, he comes in and this Jenny girl hatches onto him.
我记得有个很特殊的实例 刚才我们说到新的总主任来上任了
And I remember a particular instance where … you know the new country director comes in,
在大会议室里 一个大型研讨会上自我介绍了
introduces himself in a large meeting, in a symposium area.
珍妮就: 这下跟你有得玩了
And Jenny is like, “yeah, I’m gonna have a lot of fun with you”.
“耶 欢迎来到我的地盘”真的 她当时脸上就那种表情
‘yah, welcome to my playground’, so really, she has that kind of look on her face.
接下来发生的事是整个故事里最狗血的
Anyway what followed was absolutely nothing short of remarkable chain of events,
她晋升了
which ended up her being promoted.
当了我们整个部门的经理 我不是指她那个小组的经理
To be the manager of our entire department. I mean not the manager of her business unit, no.
那是一整个部门 几百个分析员
The whole freaking department with hundreds of analysts.
就一个星期 你们耐心听
One week, and wait for it.
一周之内她不但得到了晋升 还一脚把我踢了出局
Not only did she get that promotion within one week, she also managed to get me fired.
所有的事都在这一周内发生了
Everything happened within one week.
一周前 我大概还在享受我滋润的小日子 对吗
So a week ago, I presumably had the perfect life, right?
响当当的东家 诱人的薪水 任性的外籍员工的生活方式
Great name employer, good salary, totally wild expatriate life style,
我拥有着一切 一个星期之后 我就被赶了出来
I mean I had it all. A week later, I was out on the street,
还是被安保人员架着出来
escorted out by the security,
所以……
so, well,
我不能当众告诉你们她为了达到这个目的做了什么事
I can’t really share with you the kind of thing she did to achieve those results publicly here.
基于两个原因
Eh, for two reasons basically,I mean.
第一 我不想用她所做的那些龌龊事给你们做反面教材
One, I don’t wanna show such a horrible thing she did a as a working example.
第二 我会放在我油管频道PG18里说
And two, it would make my YouTube channel PG18, so.
如果你还没订阅的话 请赏脸
Having said that if you haven’t subscribed yet please do subscribe.
其实 你只要戳一下那个铃图标 马上就能收到我小视频的通知
In fact, hit that little bell icon so you can be immediately notified of me with the videos.
抱歉 我离题了
Ok, sorry, I digress.
继续说 尽管这次的经历给我很多惨痛的教训
Let me continue, there, there are many strong lessons learned from this experience though.
也是因为这样我要跟你们分享我的这个故事
And that’s the reason why I am sharing this story with you,
我学到的教训之一是办公室政治斗争所能带来的影响力
the lessons l learned is, well, the power of office politics, right?
办公室政治玩得好 会有不可思议的效果 而且
When played right, I mean it’s incredibly effective, em, also.
或者这里还有一个教训就是
Maybe another lessons learned here, is that,
你的生活 可能会快于你所能想象地颠覆
your life, can turned upside down faster than you can imagine.
我说的是 一周
One week, I mean,
另外一个原因 也是从这个故事得到的教训 就是永远不要
Another reason, lessons learned here, is that never underestimate,
小看那些聪明 有野心又恶毒的人的本事
the power of smart, motivated and malicious people.
这一段考验 彻彻底底毁了我的生活
This whole ordeal completely, completely wrecked my life.
因为当时 我无家可归 我的家人已经把我从家里轰出来了
Because at that time, I didn’t have a house to go back to, I mean my family had kicked me out of my home.
所以说我没有家人可以投靠 甚至没有家可以回
So I don’t have a family nor a home to get back to.
更糟糕的是 我甚至没有回国的机会
To make matters worse, I didn’t even have a homecountry to get back to,
因为我某程度上算一个逃兵
because I was sort of a military fugitive.
也不算是逃兵 逃兵是个很严重的词
I mean not a fugitive, fugitive is a very strong word.
我当时被要求在军队里任职 而我没有同意
I was requested to serve in the military, which at that time I didn’t agree to.
而军队不太愿意跟我商议这个问题 所以我们之间产生了一点误会
And military wasn’t really willing to negotiate with me on that, so we had a bit of misunderstanding.
现在我们来继续讲第二个故事 这个故事好点 没那么多情感纠纷
Now let me move on to the second story, the story is a better one, and a lot less emotional.
这是个好故事 好故事 所以
It’s a good one, it’s a good one. So,
这个故事发生在普华永道
now this happened with PWC Consulting.
我不记得2012年还是2011年了 在迪拜创立的普华永道会计师事务所
Price Waterhouse coopers in Dubai in the year 2012 or 2011, I think.
我加入了公司作为战略咨询部的系统管理员
See I joined the firm as a system manager in our strategic consulting department.
这一次 我决定卖命般地工作
This time, I was going to work my ass off.
而且 为了我的自身利益 我要玩一点办公室政治
Plus, use the office politics for my benefits,
我的目标是在公司第一年晋升为经理
to become a manager in my first year in the firm, that was the goal.
你们看 在当时 我的领域里从没发生过这样的事
See, at the time, it had never happened before in my region.
我是说一个经理助理要晋升为经理最快需要两年
I mean the soonest assistant manager could become a manager is after two years of serving,
还要表现得相当好 对吗
with very high performance grade, right?
更有可能的是三年或更长时间 都没门
More likely in three years or sometimes, never.
我的目标是一年之内晋升为经理
My goal was to become a manager within one year.
要完成如此有野心的任务
To achieve such an ambitious task,
我必须工作得非常出类拔萃
I had to be very good at my job,
按照规定时间 规定预算和预定计划优质地完成任务
delivering amazing projects on time, budget and schedule,
并且使得客户非常 非常满意我的劳动成果
and with clients being very very happy with my deliverables.
有了之前珍妮给我的经验 现在我知道我必须运用一点办公室政治了
Having had the Jenny experience before, now I knew that I had to use office politics to work for me.
我刚才说了 这个故事有个圆满的结局
So, as I said, this story has a great ending,
我确实在进入公司第一年晋升为经理 而这之前闻所未闻
I did become a manager in my first year in the firm, and that was unheard of.
我很为自己的成就和更上一层楼的工资和福利感到骄傲
I was really proud of what I achieved and it came with a new salary and all the perks.
那现在 我来跟你们分享我是怎么做到的 那你们就可以照做
So now, let me share with you how I did it, so you can do the same.
办公室政治的精髓就是一门艺术 讲究在对的时间获取对的信息
Office politics at its core is just the art of conveying right message to right people.
并传达给对的人 如此而已
at the right time. That’s what it is.
你可以运用来做好事 也可以用来做坏事 总之 它就是这么回事
You can use it for good, or you can use it for bad. But either way, it is what it is.
对吧 办公室政治还有个特质 它是无可避免的
Right? Another fact about office politics is, it’s inevitable.
如果你不运用 我敢肯定别人在用
If you are not doing it, I can assure you that someone else is.
所以让我来给你们分享我这个伟大的计划
So let me share with you what my grand plan was,
那个让我在预定时间内晋升的计划
which allowed me to get promoted in that record time.
第一步 那一年里把我负责的工作做得出类拔萃
Step one, deliver great work at the projects I serve in that year.
不管什么时候 尽可能地把最难的任务揽上身
And whenever it’s possible, sign up for the toughest project.
这方面通常是我的强项 不管何时评选 我都是当选的那个人
That’s usually when I shined, whenever shit hits the fan, I’m the guy.
这就是第一步
So, this was step one.
第二步 搞清楚谁是小组里的主要利益关系人
Step two, identify the primary stake holders that who join the panel,
然后跟他们提出你的升职建议
and make the promotion decision.
就我本人为例 我找了瑞米 找了莎莉 还找了……伊马德
In my case, I had Ramy, I had Sally, and I had …..Emad.
这些都是公司的高级合伙人 决策者 懂吗
And these are all senior partners in the firm, the decision makers, ok?
第三步 搞清楚谁是次要利益相关者
Step three, identify the secondary stake holders,
也就是那些直接与做晋升决定有关的主要利益相关人
that have direct access to primary stake holders that will make my promotion decisions.
在本例中 我被五个跟三个主要利益相关人一起工作的管事所认同 知道吗
So in this case, I identified around 5 directors who worked with the three primary stakeholders, OK?
第四步 准确地判断出他们需要什么技能和特性
Step 4, figure out exactly what skills and traits they are looking for.
第五步 与这些次要利益相关人讨论这些的能力和领导力
Step 5, communicate those skills and leadership traits to those secondary stakeholders,
让他们传达给我的主要利益相关人
for them to communicate to my primary stake holders, OK.
第六步 就是执行 对于执行我也有一点筹划
And step 6, is obviously the execution, for the execution, I also did a bit of a mapping study.
所以那一年 我手上大概有8个大项目
So within that year, I worked in around 8 large projects.
所以 我挑选了其中5个项目来分析我的能力和特征
So, I picked 5 of those projects, identified that skills or character traits,
从我做的项目中展现我的能力
that showed my capabilities with examples from my projects.
然后 和每个次要利益相关者仅仅讨论其中一个能力
Then, each person in that secondary stake holder group, was communicated only one of those qualities.
同时 我还要确保他们把这些信息传递到高层 这就像一个魔法
I also made sure that they conveyed that message to the senior partners, this work like like a charm, it did.
我说的是我的那个晋升的决定
I mean, my decision to get promoted.
在当年看起来大概是最难的决定
Uh, while on paper it look like probably the most difficult decision to make, at that year,
但是在五分钟内全票通过 所以小组主席打开了我的档案
was passed unanimously within 5 minutes, so the panel chair opens my file,
问所有人 丹尼斯有管理能力吗
and, ask the panel, does Danis has the capabilities for a manager?
萨莉插话说 是 他有
And Sally jumps in and says, yeah, he does,
他和我一起为委托人做这个教育策略项目
he worked with me on this education strategy projects for this client.
我在这不能说出委托人的名字 但是根据那里的主任汤姆所说
I can’t say the client name here, but, and according to Tom, Tom was the director,
丹尼斯真的在那干的不错
Danis did a really good job there.
汤姆告诉我他对丹尼斯如何处理扩建项目印象深刻
Tom tells me that he was particularly impressed by how Danis handle that expansion project for.
是ABC教育的全球扩张项目
Uh, ABC education in their global expansion project.
拉米问 这个怎么样 然后其他人员说
And Ramy asks, how about for this? Then another panel member says,
对 的确是这样 我的主管罗纳德说丹尼斯在那个项目中做的很好
yes, he does, according to my director, Ronald, Danis did great work in that project,
清楚地显示了他的项目执行能力
clearly showing his project execution capabilities,
看 我没有给任何一个可能性留有余地 换句话说 我提前沟通了
See, I left no room for a chance. I mean I had already communicated.
所有信息都是事先准备好了 甚至没有相关的讨论 争辩或者其他任何商讨
all the messages in advance, there was not even a discussion, there was not even an argument or anything.
我的战略就是给次要利益相关方传递正确的信息
See my strategy, relied on giving the right message to the secondary stake holders,
让他们给主要利益相关方传递有用的信息
for them to give that message to primary stakeholders.
我确实这样做了 因为
I did it this way, because, yeah,
我没有直接和决策者沟通而是用这种方法
I did it this way instead of directly communicating with decision makers,
很简单 因为你根本没办法直接提出这样的升职要求
Because, simply you can’t talk your way into such a big promotion.
我意思是 你可以说你自己是最优秀的管理咨询顾问 但是这根本没用
I mean, you can say, you are the best management consultant, but it makes no effect on these guys.
但是 如果这句话是他们信任的人说出来的
But if that message comes from people they trust,
比如总监 或者更重要的客户
like the directors, or even more importantly, our clients.
那么 这就是另外一个完全不一样的游戏了 对吧?这就是我的策略
then it’s completely a different ball game, right? That was my strategy,
好 让我们再来层层剖析这整个事情
Let’s break it down for you, once more.
第一步 设定你的目标
Step one, define your goals.
想要成功但是没有目标这是绝对不可能的
It’s impossible, absolutely impossible to succeed at anything,
如果你都不知道你的目标是什么 你还想干嘛
if you don’t know what you are aiming for, uhn?
所以 设定一个明确的目标是至关重要的 然后制定一个可实现这个目标的计划
That’s why I say it’s essential to set clear goals, and develop a plan to fall off through on them.
第二步 制定一个策略
Two, develop a strategy,
你的策略是帮助你成功的最重要的因素
your strategy is by far the most critical element in your success.
我不打算在这里说怎么一步步制定策略
And I’m not going to talk about how to develop a strategy from A to Z here,
你不需要一个复杂的策略
you don’t need that complex strategy.
你所需要的是一个简化的策略
All you need is simply figure out.
你的诉求是什么 谁是那些能帮你实现你的诉求的关键决策者
What do you want, who are the key decision makers for that to happen,
简单说 权力在哪里
in simple terms, where does the power lie?
然后谁是那些能够影响这些关键决策者的人
Then who are the influencers to those key decision makers with power.
然后 哪些信息需要传递给这些有影响力的人
And then, what message should be communicated to each of these influencers?
第五步 什么时候把这些信息传递出去?
Five, when should these messages be communicated?
最后 对于前五个问题 你心中要有答案
Six, and finally, you need the answers of these five questions.
嗯 还有一个简单的实施方案和一个时间表 对吧?
Eh, in some sort of very simple execution plan, with a timeline, right?
呃 那你可以做个简单的甘特图
Uh, you can do a simple Gantt Chart for this
我把一页幻灯片放在这里给你们展示下
I’m gonna put a slide somewhere here, or maybe, in the description box.
呃 这样差不多了 在这个简单的计划中 我通常把它叫做大计划
Uh, that’s pretty much of it. In this very simple plan, which I called, the grand plan.
一些推动者对你是至关重要的
Eh, there are a few enablers that are critical to you,
你需要适当的利用他们 所以 你需要影响这些有影响力的人 对嘛?
you need to get them right. So, you want to influence the influencers, right?
为了能实现这个 你需要和这些人建立起联系
In order for this to happen, you need to have built relations with those.
这非常重要 如果你没有和那个有影响力的人有良好的关系 那么你很难影响到这个人
Now, this is critical, you can’t influence the influencer if don’t have a positive relation with that person.
不然 那些你希望通过他们传递的信息 作用力就会被弱化
Otherwise, the message you want them relate, will just get de-powered.
作用力弱化 我不太确定是否应该这样说
De-powered? I’m not sure if that’s the right term.
是的 基本上 影响会被弱化 所以 不管怎样 接下来就要讲你该怎么做
Yeah, basically, will have less effect, so, anyway, here is how you can do it.
首先 你需要认清一点 如果你不和这些有影响力的人在一起你就没法影响到他们
First, recognize the fact that you can’t influence anyone if you are not around them.
我并不是说你要时时刻刻和这些人待在一起
This doesn’t always mean you have to be there physically, though, I mean.
嗯 当然面对面交流会比其他交流方式更容易取得成功
Uh, physically interaction definitely triumphs over any other means of communication,
但是 其他交流方式同样也有效 所以 在你提出要求之前
But, other methods also work to a less extent, so, before you get to the “ask” part,
也就是要求他们在决策者面前谈论你的成功 传递正确的信息
which is you asking them to talk about your successes and convey that message to the decision makers,
这就是所谓的要求 嗯 所以 在你提出要求之前
and that’s your ask, uh, so yeah, before you get to the ask,
你已经和他们建立联系 并且如果他们欠你人情
you need to have already built a relationship with them, and if they are indebted to you,
那么你就更容易成功 所以 有很多方法可以达到这个目的
then you will have a lot more success, so, there are very easy ways to make that happen.
如果你看过我其他的视频 那你就大概能明白我是怎么看待互惠互利的
If you watched my other videos, you would know how I felt about reciprocity,
你能给这人带来什么价值
it’s a concept that you give something valuable to someone,
并且让他们觉得一定要还你这个人情 这是一个潜意识的过程
and that they feel indebted to give you something back, it’s a subconscious process.
所以 你绝对可以利用这些 可以是他们想要的报告
So, you can definitely use that, it can be a report they need,
也可以是给他们引荐一个潜在的客户
can be introduction to a potential client,
帮他们解决一个实际的问题 或者任何有作用的事情
solving a particular problem for them, whatever works, ok?
一旦他们觉得他们欠你人情了 那么请相信我
Once they feel they are indebted to you, then trust me,
他们会和那些决策者说你就像个超人
they will talk about you to those decision makers like the super man you are.
第二个能够帮你得到你想要的东西的方法就是利用手段
The second method to get something you want is using leverage,
这个很有效 但是我建议你还是少用这招
It works fine, but I suggest you stay away from using leverage,
如果你利用手段来达到目的 不成功的话那就是失败
leverage is basically if you are doing this, then you get that, if this then that, right?
所以 利用手段或许能达到你想要的目的
Uh, you know, using leverage may get you what you want,
但是 这不是长久之计 利用手段不会帮你建立一个你想要的关系
but in the long term, it won’t help you build relationships you need, so.
所以 还是遵循我的第一个建议吧
Follow my first suggestion,
你可以帮助这些有影响力的人 让他们觉得欠你一个人情 那你也就可以尽量避免利用手段达到你的目的
You can help them first, then they will have the need to reciprocate, you don’t need a leverage.
嗯 以上就是这周要讲的内容 所以 如果以上这些策略你觉得都没什么作用
Uh, alright, that’s it for this week, so, if none of these strategies work for you,
或者你对你目前的工作不是很满意 或者你正在
and you are unhappy at work, or you are looking to,
拓展更多在跨国公司或者大公司的职业发展的机会
explore more career opportunities with multinational firms or larger employers,
我强力推荐你关注下我的LIG项目
I strongly recommend you check out my LIG programme,
LIG项目是关于创造面试机会以及拓展你的职业发展的机会
And LIG is all about creating more interviews and more opportunities for your career.
好了 链接就在这个方框里 最后 请订阅我们的频道
Right, the links should be in the description box, and finally, please subscribe to our channel,
如果你还没订阅我们的频道 或者 你恰巧在领英上分享了这个视频
if you haven’t done so, and, if you happen to share this video in LinkedIn,
那请你加我为你的领英联系人
please also add me to your LinkedIn connections.
嗯 要常保持联系 好了 我们下周见
Uh, it would be great to stay in touch, great, see you next week.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

利用策略帮助自己在公司中获得晋升

听录译者

呵呵呵呵

翻译译者

鲁小莹莹

审核员

审核员W

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6aia4u95NA

相关推荐