(学生在聊天)
(students chattering)
杰森:弦理论是
– [Jason] So the name String Theory is
是我们弦项目的一小部分
a little bit of a playon our strings program,
也将科学带入前沿
but also is a way to bringscience to the forefront.
在物理界弦理论揭示了
In physics string theorywas a way to rationalize
这个交融又独立的世界
how you can have mutually exclusive worlds
如何完美和谐地在运行
operate at the sametime in perfect harmony.
教育方面孩子不仅需要严谨治学
In education kids needsome rigor in academics,
而且也需要发明 快乐和创造
but also things like innovationand joy and creativity.
(学生鼓掌)
(students clapping)
#吉他音乐#
(bright guitar music)
弦理论学校位于费城市中心
String Theory Schools is based here in Center City, Philadelphia.
包罗万象的设计元素是我们的路径
Some of our overarching designelements are our pathways,
热情
the passion, our mobile first approach
移动手机的技术集成 加上我们的当下文化
to technology integration,and our real world culture.
起初的想法是给学生们一个机会
We began with the idea ofgiving students the opportunity
指出他们究竟属于哪种类型
to figure out what typeof learner they are,
他们属于哪类创造类型
and also what type of creative they are.
我们学校的模式是 我们有90分钟的课长
So in our school model we havea 90-minute-longer school day
从幼稚园就开始 有7门课外课:
that begins in kindergarten, and they have seven extra classes:
声乐 器乐 古典芭蕾
vocal music, instrumental music, classical ballet,
外语是法语 创意写作
French as a foreignlanguage, creative writing,
视觉艺术 科技
visual arts, and science and technology.
老师:好的 醋做好了!
– [Teacher] Alright, vinegar’s done!
-他们每周上那些课
– They have those classes once a week,
思路是
and the idea is
低年级我们培养他们 观察他们的潜力在哪里
that in the younger grades we’re nurturing them and seeing where their strengths are.
-从小接触这些学科
– Being exposed to allthe majors at a young age,
从而找出什么最适合你
you got to feel out whereyou fit in the best.
杰森:到了中学
– [Jason] And then by middle school
他们会挑选一门作为主修课
they choose one of thosesubjects as a major,
把时间花在主修课上
and then get to spend everysingle day in that major.
老师:你看是否运用那些知识
– [Teacher] You see ifyou can use those lines
融入你的设计
and incorporate that into your design.
Rosemary:我们要搞明白
– [Rosemary] We try to really make them
他们的特长在哪里
think about what area they’retruly passionate about.
-我喜欢写作 表演 电影
– I love to write, act, and film,
所以我选择了电视和广播专业
so I chose TV andbroadcasting specifically.
你学了这么多的东西
You learn so many different things,
写脚本 幕前
from script writing to being on camera
幕后
and being behind the camera.
老师:准备好了
– [Teacher] Alright, ready,
每个人还在成长
everybody’s still rolling.
-我的专业是STEM科学 技术 工程 数学
– So my major is STEM.
我喜欢
I absolutely fell in love with it.
我们做法医
We did forensics.
我们在做DNA的编码排序
We’re doing DNA barcodingand sequencing now.
做5个样本
Do five of the sample, right?
男同学:是的
– [Male Student] Yup.
-当我发现你选择了专业
– When I found out you could pick a major
因为我喜欢跳舞 我选择了芭蕾
since I love to dance, I picked ballet.
训练非常严苛
The training’s pretty rigorous.
舞蹈老师:4 5 6 7 8 继续
– [Dance Teacher] 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, continue.
-每天拉小提琴得好好管理时间
– Playing violin every single day has really taught me time management.
我不知道还要下多少功夫
I didn’t know how muchwork would come along
成为专业人员
with being a professional.
-我们谈了纪律方面
– We talk a lot about thediscipline that comes from
每天练习 做深入地探究
doing something everyday andto really do a deep dive.
-要下决心
– It takes determination.
全身心投入
It takes dedication.
所有那些技能
All of those types of skills
你都可以申请
are skills that you can also apply to the academic classroom.
-很多人说 “你每天都跳舞”
– I get a lot of people saying,”You just dance everyday.”
我们只是倾心于我们的教育
but we are really focusedon getting our education
去跳舞或唱歌 你呢
and going to dance orsinging, whatever your into.
一样的
It’s really equal.
-另一个设计元素是
– Another overarching design element is
我们的移动技术集成
our mobile-first approachto technology integration.
学生们消费内容的同时也创造内容
We know that how students consumecontent and create content
首先通过移动手机
is first and foremost through mobile,
所以我们全天候提供平板电脑
so we gave them all iPads that were both 1-to-1 and 24/7
想法是
with the idea that that was gon na be
用这些设备去参与他们的学习
the primary device for themto engage with their learning.
-彻底不一样的学习
– You’re learning completely differently.
通过苹果电视来学习而不是通过黑板
You’re learning off Apple TVs as opposed to blackboards.
-所有课程都在iTunes U上
– All of our courses are on iTunes U,
学英语时 点击课程
so I’ll go to english, click the course.
我要学历史 我也要学
I’ll go to history, I’mgonna do the same thing.
在同一块屏幕上做任何事
So it’s just nice havingeverything in one screen
老师不时地
or our teachers areconstantly getting us to
让我们对所学专业创意满满
be creative with our projectsand what apps we use.
老师:很好
– [Teacher] Very nice, so this
我认为这是最重要的部分
I think is the most important part.
杰森:最后 我们有了住校艺术家
– [Jason] Lastly, we haveartists in residence,
住校科学家
scientists in residence,
住校企业家 他们把真实世界
and entrepreneurs in residence that really are bringing a real world
观点带给孩子们
perspective to these kids, all while going about their school day.
老师:这个一旦到350
– [Teacher] And oncethis gets to about 350,
我们将开始烘烤
we’re gonna start our roast.
-我想会变得专业起来
– I think just seeing theprofessionals in their element
这样很酷
I think it makes it more cool.
突然就实现了
All of a sudden it made it real.
我一生都能干这个吗?
It was like, Oh I can actually do this with my life?
-我现在的老师 她一生都在跳舞
– My teacher here, she’sbeen dancing her entire life.
她成全了我们
She pushes us to be thebest that we can be.
让我们成为焦点
She makes us focused.
舞蹈老师:5 6 7 8
– [Dance Teacher] 5, 6, 7, 8
最大的收获是
– Some of the biggestbenefits are the creativity
我们从这里收获了创造和创新能力
and the innovation that we all have gained from this environment.
假如我没有上这个乐器课
If I didn’t have an instrumental class,
假如我没有经历《咖啡馆的葡萄树》
or if I didn’t have experience in the Cafe Vine,
我就不能开发自己
I wouldn’t have been able to develop into myself.
-当孩子们获得一个机会
– When kids get a chance
去做他们喜欢的事
to do something they like everyday
他们将会全面开发
they become really well developed kids.
给孩子一个机会
So giving kids an opportunity to
设法去追逐梦想
find different ways to pursue their passion
这才是学习的关键
is really central to ourapproach to learning.
-演员到位?录音 摄影?
– Actors ready?Sound, Camera?
开始
Action.
