ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

如何为自己创造运气 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何为自己创造运气

Nick Offerman defines good luck—and how to make your own

《如何为自己创造运气》
How To Make Your Own Luck
我怎么看待机缘和毅力
What are my feelings about serendipity versus gumption
运气和努力之间的关系?
luck versus elbow grease?
梦想应该什么时候放弃?
When do you give up on your dream?
什么时候应该投降?
When do you throw in the towel, et cetera?
有一句老话
There’s an old quote
好像是汤姆·威兹说的
that I attribute to Tom Waits
但也有可能是苏格拉底说的
but I believe it might go back to Socrates.
“机会遇到准备才叫运气”
“Luck is when opportunity meets with preparation.”
这句话总是让我深深地感动
And I’ve always found that deeply moving
(笑声)
(Laughs)
因为我和太太梅根时常讨论这个
because Megan and I talk a lot, my wife and
我常常说我们很幸运
I talk a lot about how lucky we are.
我们很有福气
We’re both blessed with whatever it is:
她很美丽 是个出色的演员
She’s beautiful and an incredible actor
她聪明机智 是个很有才华的歌手
and smart as a whip and a really talented singer.
我能一次扛很多件行李
I can carry a great deal of luggage
我即使长时间经历极端气温
and I can experience extreme temperatures for a long time
也不必吃喝
without any sustenance.
我们各有天赋
We have our gifts,
我们去过的地方都会有人告诉我们
and somehow our paths have taken us to places where people said
“我们在找一个会扛行李的人
“We were looking for someone who can carry luggage.
我们在上演一部关于驴子的戏剧
We’re doing a play about a donkey.
此人非你莫属”
You’re the guy.”
所以
And so
发生这样的事 实在太巧了
So much serendipity plays into it.
我有几年时间过着混蛋的生活
I lived, I chose to live like an asshole for some years
这个选择很艰难
and it’s a tough choice.
这有点不负责任
It borders on irresponsibility.
我差一点就破产了
I would be just this side of broke.
钱有时候会用完
So sometimes I’d run out of money
我就得向朋友借一个月的租金
and I’d have to borrow a month’s rent from my friend.
后来我当了木工 把钱还给了朋友
But I would then find carpentry work and pay my friend back.
所以我差一点赖账了
So I was just this side of being a deadbeat.
简直是在跟赖账主义打交道
I was flirting with deadbeatism.
在好莱坞 这个问题很严重
And it’s a big question in Hollywood,
许多人用别人的梦想赚了大笔钱
and a lot of people make a lot of money off people’s dreams.
你可以花一大笔钱
You can pay a great deal of money
拍人头照 上演艺课 上指导课
for headshots and for acting classes and coaching
上生活指导课 上个人指导课等等
and life coaching and personal training and all that stuff.
他们都会告诉你
And they’ll all tell you –
有些恶心的人会自称拥有秘诀
and there are really gross people who claim to have the secret
“来参加我的演艺训练班吧
“Come to my acting workshop and I
到时会有三名选角导演参与
I’ll have three casting directors there from, you know,
其中一位曾在《五十度灰》当助手”
one of them was an assistant on 50 Shades of Gray Matter.”
不管怎样
And whatever the case may be,
人们总是会思考这样的问题
it’s a question people wrestle with all the time.
我会成功吗?
Will I ever make it?
我会实现梦想吗?
Is it ever going to happen for me?
我什么时候应该放弃梦想
When should I throw in the towel
搬回克利夫兰
and move back to Cleveland
去见我的家人小孩
and see my family and my children
还有我的会众
and my congregation
我在克利夫兰是牧师 孩子也在那儿
because I’m a priest with kids in Cleveland?
所以
And so
我只能说 这是一个很私人的问题
All I can say is it’s a very personal thing;
人各有志
to each their own.
你必须继续努力
You’ve got to keep working hard.
我们曾说过 一定要有专业技能
We’ve talked about having a discipline.
如果你擅长演戏
If acting is your bag,
当别人问我
you know, I always tell people if they say
“我要怎么让孩子变得像你一样?”
“How can I get my kid to get to where you are?”
我就会说 先去学木工
I say take up woodworking
但是也要找一个舞台
but also find whatever stage
尽量找一个最大的舞台
find the biggest stage you can
然后站上去
that you can get onto and
在观众面前表演
perform in front of an audience,
做单口喜剧也好
whether you’re doing standup or
舞台剧 音乐剧 喜剧小品都好
theater or musicals or sketch comedy.
或者也可以拍视频
Or start shooting stuff.
现在这个时代
Now we live in an age where you can
你可以立刻开个电视频道
literally start your own TV channel right now
用自己的设备就行了
using your gadgets.
让世界告诉你
And just let the world tell you.
拍视频给别人看
Shoot videos, show them to people.
他们就会告诉你 该不该做下去
And they’ll tell you if you should keep doing it.
如果你厉害的话
And if you’re good,
如果你注定要成功
if something’s meant to happen
别人看到你上台
when people see you on stage or
他们看到你的视频就会说
they see your videos they’ll say
“天哪 你知道吗
“Holy, you know what?
我想要帮帮你
I’m going to somehow help you.
你好厉害
That was amazing.
你可以跳踢踏舞 吹大号
You can tap dance, you can play the tuba.
扮个鬼脸什么的”
That face you make.” Whatever it is.
“我从没见过有人90秒内喝掉那么多啤酒
“I’ve never seen anyone drink that much beer in 90 seconds.
我要告诉我朋友
I’m going to call my friend.
他有个节目叫《无厘取闹》
He has a show called Jackass.
我们要帮你上这个节目”
We’re going to get you on your way.”
于是我开始在剧场工作
And so I mean I started in the theater.
我演技好烂
I was terrible at acting.
我想当演员
I wanted to be an actor.
我以为我可以娱乐观众
I thought I had something that I could entertain people,
于是我进了伊利诺伊州的戏剧学校
so I got into theater school in Illinois
我烂透了!
and I was terrible!
没人要给我角色 那当然了
I couldn’t get cast—with good reason.
原因是我不相信自己
The reason was I didn’t trust myself.
我是乡下人 所以以为自己很无趣
I thought I was boring because I was from the country.
于是我硬是把自己变得更酷
And so I tried way too hard to be someone cooler than myself
当然 这在他们看来就是演技差
which of course, was just what they call bad acting
但是我会铺背景
But I was able to build scenery.
我热爱运动 所以我会编排打斗场面
I was very athletic, so I choreographed fights.
剧院也发了薪水给我
And the theater paid me.
我发现剧院里有很多工作可以做
I found there’s so many jobs you can do in the theater.
你可以在票房工作
You can work in the box office.
你可以卖零食
You can sell concessions.
你可以扫地
You can sweep.
有很多地方
There are many places
如果你想在某处从事创意工作
almost anywhere you would want to work in a creative position
你可以从在那里扫地开始
you can start there sweeping.
你对扫地也要精心策划
And curate your sweeping.
别小看扫地 如果有人告诉你
Don’t look down on if somebody’s like,
“就从清洁工做起吧”
“Well, you could start as a janitor.”
如果要在耐克工作
If you want to work at Nike
又在那里当上了清洁工
and you can get in there as a janitor,
那就给大家呈现创意扫地吧!
show people how creative your sweeping is!
那橱柜不曾移动过吗?
Nobody ever moved that cabinet?
那就移走橱柜 扫扫下面的地板
Move that damn cabinet and sweep under it
别人问的时候就说
and let someone—be like,
“我以为别人的工作品质跟我一样”
“Oh yeah, I assumed that everyone has the quality of work that I do.”
要让大家看到你的出色表现
Let people see how committed you are to exceptional work.
因为要是地板扫不干净
Because when you don’t do a good job sweeping
我也会注意到
I notice that too.
我会说 我不敢让他单独工作
And I say I’m not going to trust that person on their own.
总要有人叫他移走橱柜 扫下面地板
They always need to be told to move the cabinet and sweep under it.
我是说 如果你保持感性的话
So I mean if you maintain that sensibility,
首先 扫地就会变得更好玩
first of all it makes sweeping a lot more fun
扫地可以很无聊 也可以很好玩
Sweeping can be drudgery or it’s an opportunity to like have fun.
想象自己在吹一首曲子
Whistle a song in your head.
或者拿着扫把跳舞
You can dance with a broom.
这样做很好玩
They’re really fun.
我或许应该考虑推出这样的视频系列
In fact maybe that’s a video line I should think about putting out.
不同类型的音乐和扫把
All different genres of music, all different brooms.
“边扫地边玩乐”
“Sweeping for pleasure.”
可是一旦这么做
But once you do that,
一旦锁定在这个心态上
once you’re locked into that mindset
然后机会来到的时候
then you ’ re open to—when opportunity comes along
你才能成功
you’ve done the work.
如果要我演超级英雄
If somebody wants to cast me as a superhero
这种事真的发生过
this is sort of a truism in my life
我常说我热爱运动
I’ve often said I’m athletic
但我也常常得扛重达30或40磅的东西
but I have often carried 30 or 40 extra pounds.
我会想 天啊
And I think, “Man,
我很想演超级英雄
I’d love to play a superhero
如果真有机会演的话
and if someone would cast me
我就会去健身房 练得壮一些
then I’ll go to the gym and get super buff.”
如果我肯去健身房持续锻炼
If I would just go to the gym and maintain a discipline there,
当有人说
then when someone said
“他很好笑 身材适合当超级英雄
“Oh, he’s funny and he’s the right type for the superhero,
他的背阔肌好壮”
and check out those crazy lats,”
你就成功了
then the work is done.
所以运气涉及的是
So serendipity involves—
努力对运气有很大的帮助
serendipity is greatly helped by elbow grease.
这让我想起了一句话 是……
And that reminds me of another quote from…
好像是托马斯·杰斐逊?
Thomas Jefferson, I think?
我不太记得了
that I won’t remember.
好运……
Good luck…
好像是……
something in the vein of…
“好运很难遇到
“Good luck is hard to come by,
但是只要我肯努力
but when I work hard
我就更容易碰上好运气”
I find I’m much more susceptible to experience luck.”
不是他说的 是我说的
He didn’t say that, I said it.
是尼克·奥弗曼说的
Nick Offerman said that quote.
(笑声)
(Laughs)
把它刻在硬币上吧
Put that on a coin.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

别说好运难求,让尼克·奥弗曼教你一个让你从此交到好运的秘诀!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

搬那度

审核员

审核员 D

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFOOx-kbsUY

相关推荐