ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

新的猛禽物种发现?? – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

新的猛禽物种发现??

NEW RAPTOR Species Discovered??

Right there, that white spot?
就在那里 那个白点?
That’s it, that’s it.
对对 就是这个
I am so excited right now.
我现在特别激动
[cracking]
[碎裂声]
[serious drum music]
[庄重的鼓乐]
恐龙时期的怪物
From a birds eye perspective,
鸟瞰而望
the seemingly barren landscape that visually defines the Badlands,
这块被视为荒原的贫瘠之地
is in reality, a rich deposit of prehistoric treasure.
实际上是一座史前宝库
The Badlands are characterized by their steep slopes
荒原地貌主要是由软沉积岩
made of soft sedimentary rocks, and clay-rich soil,
以及富含粘土的陡坡构成
that has been eroded over millions of years by the powers of wind and water.
数百万年来 被风雨侵蚀
In short, a location such as the one we are exploring today,
长话短说 我们今天要探索的这样一个地方
is perfect for finding fossils.
特别适合于寻找化石
Leading this expedition is Pete Larson
带领这次探险的是彼得·劳森
a world renowned paleontologist.
一个世界知名的古生物学家
Also along for the journey is his field specialist, Reece Hosack.
此外随行的还有他的现场专家 里斯·霍萨克
They’re taking the crew and I
他们带领着我和拍摄团队
to a top secret dig location
去到一个高度机密的挖掘地
where they have been finding and excavating fossils
在那里他们已经找到并挖掘出了古近纪时期的化石
from the Paleogene period, which dates back
它们可以追溯到
between 25 and 60 million years ago.
两千五百万到六千万年前
Sounds ancient, yet this period is not old enough
听起来很古老 然这段时期还不足以久远到
for us to be finding the fossils of dinosaurs. So,
让我们能发现恐龙的化石
while we won’t be digging up a T-Rex quite yet,
因此 我们目前还挖掘不出霸王龙
keyword yet, we do stand the chance of happening upon
关键字目前 我们的确有机会
ancient mammals and prehistoric reptiles.
可以发现古代哺乳动物和史前爬行动物
All right guys,
好了伙计们
thus far we’ve gone on an incredible journey,
马上我们就要踏上一趟神奇之旅啦
and this is the point where we leave the vehicle behind.
这次得把车子留在这里
it appears as if we may have landed on the moon,
现在看起来 我们像是登上了月球
or in this case, traveled back in time 35 million years. Pete,
或是回到了三千五百万年前
tell us about this location.
彼得 给大家介绍一下这个地方吧
– So, we are halfway between the time of T-Rex, and us. – Okay.
-我们正处在霸王龙时期和现代之间 -嗯哼
And, here is where we first see, really,
这里是我们首次真正看到
the mammals where you can really identify
可清晰识别的哺乳动物化石的地方
You can say, this is a horse, this is a camel,
你可以看出来 这是只马 那是只骆驼
this is a saber-tooth cat, this is a giant pig,
这是只剑齿虎 那是只巨猪
this is a turtle, this is a fossil snake.
这是只龟 那是条蛇化石
All of those have been found here. So,
它们都是在这发现的
we’re gonna find some really cool stuff today.
所以 我们今天将会有一些特别酷的发现
Nice, now I am a self proclaimed bone hound.
不错 我自负是一名骨头追踪者
And this is true Badlands,
而且我们要前往的是真正的荒地
which means there’s lots of skeletons out here, whether it’s skulls or bones.
这就意味着那里有遍地都是骨架 不管是头骨或其它骨头
I’m always posting them online. And,
我都会把它们发到网上
if you were to say to me, Coyote,
如果你对我说 狼叔
I need you to find this epic artifact today,
我今天想要你去找到这个史前宝藏
what would you have me go out there and search for?
你会想要我去那儿寻找些什么呢
Well, you really would be great
好吧 如果你真的能找到剑齿虎
if you could find us a saber-tooth cat.
那就太棒了
Saber-tooth cat, Pete I think I could
剑齿虎 彼得
find a saber-tooth cat today.
我相信我今天绝对能找到剑齿虎的
Mark,what do you think?
马克 你觉得呢
You know, I think we should give it a shot.
是啊 那我们就去找找吧
Okay, cool. Mario,
好的 真棒 马里奥
are you excited to head out there?
出发了 兴奋吗
-Definitely very excited.
当然很兴奋啦
Ready to go?
准备好出发了吗?
I’m ready to go. Well,
我准备好了
if you guys are all ready, Pete
如果你们也都准备好了 彼得
you lead the way, and let’s head out into the Badlands
你来带路 然后我们直奔荒原吧
and see what types of fossils we can find.
看看我们能找到哪些化石
All right, let’s go.
很好 我们走吧
Here we go.
出发
The daytime temperatures of the Badlands
荒地的日间温度
were unlike anything we had faced before.
和正常温度迥乎不同
Climbing well above 100 degrees Fahrenheit,
高温达到100ºF(37.8℃)以上
the dryness in the air alone, makes it feel
单是这干燥的空气里 就让人感觉
as if you were being roasted in an oven.
像是被放在烤炉里烘烤
Slowly we traipsed through the parched landscape.
慢慢地 我们趟过了这片热土
And with diligently focused eyes,
我们擦亮了眼睛
we scanned our surroundings, hoping to catch
仔细打量着周围 希望能发现
the off-white gleam of anything that stood out
一些泛白的突出物
against the crumbling slopes.
在这些碎石坡上
Fossilized bone that is exposed from the substrate
从底层暴露的化石骨头
is much easier to detect than one would think.
找起来比你想象的容易多了
And if you know where to look,
如果你知道哪里可以找到
it’s only a matter of time
你迟早都会
before you happen upon the remains of an ancient creature.
发现这些古生物的遗骨
Hey guys.
嘿 伙计们
It’s a Raptor foot Pete, is this a new species?
这是一只迅猛龙的脚 彼得 这是一个新的物种吗
I believe it’s a described species.
我想这应该是已发现了的
That’s pretty cool.
那很棒啊
Here’s a tooth.
这里有一颗牙齿
So, that’s a little antelope
所以那应该是一只小羚羊
Okay.
对的
A little American antelope, which is not a–
一只美洲小羚羊 它并不是一只……
– Hold this, hold this. Now,
拿着这个 拿着 现在
just so we’re clear guys,
我们弄清楚了 伙计们
I did not find a new species of raptor. But,
我没有找到一个新的迅猛龙的物种 但是
this is cool Pete, I think we should look at this.
彼得 这个很酷 我想我们应该看看这个
Right here you’ve got, you may have to film it
从这里你能看到 你要从这边拍
from this side guys, this is the foot of a bird.
从这边看的话 这是一只鸟的脚
It is absolutely.
毫无疑问
Right, but so this is modern day,
对 但是现在是现代了
but this is how a fossil could ultimately form.
但这就是化石最终的样子
You’ve got the skeleton that’s come down this slope.
你拿到的那个骨架是从斜坡上滚落的
It’s probably a songbird, I’m gonna guess Meadowlark.
它可能是一只鸣禽 我猜是草地鹨
That is not a Velociraptor foot, or you know,
那不是迅猛龙的脚
any of the raptors from prehistoric times. But,
或任何一种史前迅猛龙的脚
that’s a good find. Like,
但是 这是个很棒的发现
for me, that’s a good find guys.
就如 对我来说 这个是很好的发现 伙计们
So, that’s a avian dinosaur technically.
那么 理论上来讲这是一种鸟类恐龙
This is a modern day dinosaur.
这是一块现代化石
It is, absolutely.
是的 毫无疑问
For sure.
当然的
That is cool.
太棒了
I should probably leave this so it can turn into a fossil, right?
我应该把它放回去 让它化成化石 对吧?
Yes, you should leave it,so it can turn into a fossil.
对的 你应该把它放回去 让它变成化石
It’s no joke when I say that I am good
当我说我擅长发现骨头的时候不是在开玩笑
at finding bones, in fact, at almost every location
实际上 几乎所有我们去的地方
we visit, my favorite thing
在我没拍摄视频的时候
to do when we are not filming,
我最喜欢做的事
is to search for natural artifacts like skulls.
就是寻找如头骨这样的天然古物
Got it, okay.
搞定了
So while the discovery of my modern day dinosaur skeleton
虽然找现代恐龙骨架很有趣
was cool, it certainly wasn’t prehistoric.
但这显然不是史前的
Pete enjoyed the humor, and reassured us
彼得很享受幽默 而且一再向我们保证
that this location was rich with fossils. And,
这个地方有大量的化石
sure enough, with just a few steps further
果然 几步之外
we spotted our first major find.
就出现了我们的首个重大发现
All right, so we walked a few feet, and Pete said,
好的 我们走了几步 然后彼得说
okay stop, I see something. So,
停下吧 我发现了什么东西
we popped the cameras back on. Pete,
我们又打开了相机 彼得
what do you got?
你发现了什么
– Well, if you look over in this area,
好 如果你全览这个区域
can you spot a turtle?
你能发现一只龟吗
This is called Turtle Spot, it’s only about 50 feet away.
这叫做龟斑 离这只有五十码左右的距离
I’m good at finding turtles guys,
我可擅长发现乌龟了 伙计们
hold on, give me a second.
稍等 给我点时间
I see something up there.
我发现有些东西在那上面
Are you good?
你确定吗
Right there, that white spot.
就在那儿 那个白点
That’s it, that’s it.
那就是了 那就是了
Is that the top of a carapace?
那是一个壳的顶部吗
That’s the top of a turtle carapace.
那是一只龟壳的顶部
Oh, I see it.
噢 我看到了
Yeah, zoom in on that, that’s a turtle.
对 放大那里 那是一只龟
Nice.
漂亮
Now, it’s, might not have to catch that one,
现在 我们不用去抓那个
it’s not going anywhere fast, but.
它跑不了了
It’s like trainspotting,
这就像看火车编号一样
but it doesn’t move as fast as trains.
但是不像火车那样移动迅速
Okay, well let’s walk up and take a look at it.
好 我们走上去瞧瞧
All right, what you guys are looking at right there is the carapace
好了 刚才你们在那看到的是
of a turtle, and Pete,
一只龟的壳 彼得
you tell me, this is a good one.
你告诉我 这说在是只不错的龟
Oh, it’s a good, yeah, it’s a good turtle. And,
噢 这是的 没错 这是一只好龟
it’s just small enough where
而且尺寸刚好小到
I can get it just barely into the backpack so.
我可以直接把它放进背包里
Is it okay to touch it?
可以摸一下它吗
Yeah, you should be able to touch it,
没问题 你可以摸一下
shouldn’t be any problem.
不会有什么问题的
There’s a few loose pieces here but everything looks pretty sound.
这里有一些散落的碎片 但一切看起来都不错
We’ll kind of get some glue on it before we start.
在开始之前我们要粘一些胶水上去
But this, we’ll be able to get this out
这样我们很快就可以
of the ground pretty quickly here.
把它从地里拿出来了
Sweet.
很好
All right guys, we are gonna excavate a turtle.
好了 伙计们 我们准备挖掘一只龟了
We were ecstatic to have found a fossilized turtle. And,
我们欣喜地发现了一只化石龟
under Pete’s guidance, we carefully began
在彼得的指引下 我们小心地开始
to excavate the specimen.
挖掘这个样品
You know, just my luck,
你知道 全靠我的运气
that we would’ve found a turtle as the first fossil.
我们第一个发现的化石是龟
I am so excited right now.
我现在很激动
At first, we chipped away at the crumbling rock.
首先 我们敲掉周围松散的岩石
Gently removing the dust and fragments.
轻轻地除去灰尘和碎片
This process allowed us to slowly reveal
这个过程让我们慢慢地揭晓
more and more of the ancient reptile.
这只古代的爬行动物
only the further we exposed the animal,
我们越挖这只动物
the more we began to realize that this turtle
越感觉这只龟
was much bigger than we had originally thought.
比我们起初想象的大了许多
All right guys, well it’s taken us
好了伙计们 这花了我们
a little over an hour, but we have exhumed
一个小时多点 不过我们挖出的
this tortoise, much bigger than we thought. So,
这只龟 远比我们想的要大
what Pete wants to do now,
所以彼得现在想做的
is actually protect it with a plaster jacket.
是用灰泥盖一层把它保护起来
We’re not gon na actually take this tortoise
我们今天不会把它从这带走
out of here today, but it will be preserved
而是保护起来
for you to come back
等你返程
at a later point and pick it up, right?
再晚些时候 那时再把它拿起来 对吧
Right, we’ll drive up here after the mud dries up a little bit,
对的 我们会等到泥干了一些再开车回来
and roll it into the back of the vehicle.
把它推上车尾箱
Cool. Now, how much would you say this fossil weighs?
很好 你说这个化石有多重
Oh, this is gonna be in excess of 100 pounds.
噢 这超过一百磅(45.4公斤)了
Yup, don’t wanna put that in your backpack.
对 你不会想把它放到你的背包里的
All right guys, let’s keep searching for that cat skull.
好了大伙们 我们继续搜寻剑齿虎吧
We moved no more than 100 yards further up
我们继续往上 不到一百码(91.4米)的
into the valley, when we found yet another turtle.
山谷内 我们发现了另外一只龟
Check this out guys, we got another turtle,
来看看这个 大伙们 我们发现了另外一只龟
and this one is small.
这只比较小
Look at this.
看看这个
That’s a plaster on that you’re looking at right there.
你们看这些是灰泥
Oh yeah.
噢 是的
Now Pete,
彼得
this is one that we can take back to the lab, right?
这一个我们可以拿回实验室了 对吧
Yeah, this one’ll go real fast.
对的 这只很快就能取出来
We can probably prep this while you guys are here tomorrow.
你们明天在这的时候 我们可能就预处理好了
Sweet.
听起来很棒
All right guys, well this is exciting. Now,
伙计们 这很让人激动
the other turtle was way too big to take back with us,
另外一只龟(化石)太大我们拿不回去
but as you can see
但这只你看
this will fit in Pete’s backpack. So,
这个可以放进彼得的背包里
we’re gon na quickly unearth it,
所以我们会快速地把它挖出来
protect it, and then keep searching.
把它保护起来 然后继续探寻
So, I’ve got it loosened on the bottom. And,
现在我把底部弄松
we’re gonna get my hand underneath here.
我会把手放在这下面
I’m gonna pop, get this front piece too.
我会快速把前面这块也取出
All right.
搞定
Cool.
很棒
So, it’s right there, see that?
就在那儿 看到了吗?
Yeah.
对的
It’s right there.
就在那儿
The front end is really nice.
从前面看起来非常棒
This guy’s gonna prepare very easily.
这只会很容易准备的
I’m just gonna take away, I’m gonna leave that there. And,
我要把它取掉 放在一旁
take away this.
把这取走
That’s all extra matrix, right?
这都是多余的部分 对吗?
A little extra matrix.
一点多余的土
Oh, look at that pop right off that shell.
噢 看看外壳印上的那些纹路
You wanna see my impression of a turtle?
你想看看我对乌龟的印象吗?
[laughing]
[笑声]
With the turtle shell safely pried up
随着乌龟壳安全地从岩石撬了出来
from the earth’s baked crust, we gently wrap
我们轻轻地
the fossil in foil, and place the ancient treasure
把这块化石用箔包起来 然后把这只古代生物放到
into Pete’s backpack.
彼得的背包里
At this juncture, Pete felt it was time to let
在这个时刻 彼得觉得是时候
the crew and I hunt for fossils on our own.
让拍摄团队和我自行探寻化石
– Rolling? – Rolling.
– 拍摄 – 对的
Action, yeah.
开始 好
Rolling, rolling, I’m rolling too.
开拍 开拍 我也在拍摄
Man, it’s hot.
天 这里真热
It is super hot.
非常热
We have made some incredible finds thus far.
我们目前已经有了一些非常不可思议的发现
turtles and a whole bunch of little bones and teeth. Now,
乌龟 以及一系列的小型骨头和牙齿
Pete has showed us the process
彼得已经向我们展示了
that we need to go through to search for these fossils. And,
搜寻这些化石的流程
at this point, he has turned us loose,
现在 他让我们自由行动
and sent us on the mission of finding
给我们下达了一个任务
a saber-tooth cat skull.
找到一只剑齿虎的骨架
It could happen guys.
这不是没有可能的 伙计们
They do find them out here. Now,
他们确实在这发现过剑齿虎
what I’m gonna do, is give you a GoPro Mark.
我现在会给你一个便携相机 马克
Okay.
好的
There ya go.
拿着
Got my GoPro.
拿到了
I’m also gonna give one to you Mario.
我也会给你一个 马瑞奥
Oh, I see what’s going on here.
噢 我知道要干吗了
And then, I’ve got one right here filming me. Now,
好了 我也拿到了一个 就在这 正拍着我
we’re gonna break down the main cameras
我们会把主摄像机卸下来
and use the GoPros to film ourselves
用便携小相机拍我们自己
walking around searching for fossils. Now,
四处走探寻化石
if you find something epic, call it out.
如果你发现了什么特别的 说出来
May the man with the best fossil win.
愿找到最棒的化石的人胜利
Good luck guys, let’s see what we can find.
祝大家好运 看看我们会发现什么
All right Mario, ready?
马瑞奥 好了吗
All right.
好了
Let’s do this.
我们启程吧
Which way do we go?
我们走哪条路
Any way you want.
任何一条你想走的路
All right, I’ll go this way.
– [Mario] 好把 我走这条
All right guys, they have turned
大伙们 他们已经
the bone hound loose into the Badlands.
让骨头追踪者进入荒地了
Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion
敬请期待激动人心的结果吧
as the crew and I reveal a trove of prehistoric treasure.
我和团队成员将发现一个史前宝藏的宝库
Oh my goodness, is that a saber?
噢 天啊 这是剑齿虎吗?
Oh my God.
噢 天啊
Oh man, I wonder if there’s more of it.
噢 我猜这里有更多这种东西
Hey Coyote Pack,
嘿 狼友们
while you are waiting for the fossil finale, make sure to go back
在你们等待化石搜寻结果的时候
and watch the first episode of Beyond Dinosaurs
别忘了看看 《超越恐龙》 的第一集
where I get to hold the world’s most famous dinosaur tooth. And,
在那里我握着世界上最著名的恐龙的牙齿
don’t forget, subscribe. So,
还有 别忘了 订阅我们
you can join me and the crew on our next prehistoric adventure.
你就可以加入我和团队成员的下一次史前探险了

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

Coyote和团队在知名的古生物学家Pete Larson带领下在黑山研究所一个高度机密的地点挖掘化石,他们发现了新的猛禽物种吗?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Rosiiiie

审核员

审核员_BZ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFhyQ9dzv_o

相关推荐