ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

对一切说“我可以”的一年 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

对一切说“我可以”的一年

My year of saying yes to everything | Shonda Rhimes

不久前 我做了一个实验
So a while ago, I tried an experiment.
在一年中 试着对所有我害怕的事说我能行
For one year, i would say yes to all the things that scared me
那些任何让我紧张不安
Anything that made me nervous,
让我没有安全感的事
took me out of my confort zone.
我强迫自己说我能行
I force myself to say yes to.
我想做公众演讲吗?不 但我可以做
Did i want to speak in public? NO, but yes.
我想上直播节目吗?不想 但我能上
Did i want to be on live TV? No, but yes.
我想尝试舞台表演吗?
Did i want to try acting?
不不不 但是我可以 我能行 我做得到
NO, NO, NO, but, yes, yes, yes.
然后奇妙的事情发生了
And crazy thing happens.
正因为做了那些
The very act of doing the thing
令我恐惧的事
that scared me under the fear
它们才变得不再可怖
made it not scary.
我对公共演讲的恐惧
My fear of public speaking,
我的社交焦虑
my social anxiety,
噗的 消失了
proof,gone.
这个字的力量 很神奇
It’s amazing, the power of one word.
“可以”改变了我的生活
“Yes” changed my life.
“可以”改变了我
“Yes” changed me.
但有一种“可以”是特别的
But there was one particular yes,
它以一种最久远的方式影响着我的生活
that affected my life in the most profound way
一种我从未想过的方式
— in a way i never imagined.
它源于我宝宝的一个疑问
And it started with a question from my toddler.
我有三个迷人的女儿 哈珀 贝克特和艾默生
I have three amazing daughters, Haper, Beckett, and Emerson.
艾默生是一个令人费解的宝宝 她管每个人都叫“亲爱的”
And Emerson is a toddler who inexplicably refers to everyone as “honey”,
就好像她是一个南方服务员似的
as though she is a southern waitress.
亲爱的 给我的奶瓶加些奶
” Honey, i am gonna need some milk for my sippy cup. “
有天晚上 这位南方服务员让我陪她玩
The southern waitress asked me to play with her one evening.
而那时我正准备去见一个想见的人
when i was on my way someone i want to see.
我说行 正是这个“可以” 开启了我全新的家庭生活
Yes, and that yes was the begining of a new way of life for my family.
那时我发誓 从现在起
I made a vow that from now on.
每当我的哪个孩子让我陪他玩时
Every time one of my children asks me to play,
无论我在做什么或者要去哪
No matter what i am doing or where i am going,
我都会说“可以” 无论哪一次
i say yes, every single time.
几乎 我做得并不完美 但我会尽全力去实践
Almost, i am not perfect at it, but i try hard to practice it.
这对我产生了神奇的效果
And it is had a magical effect on me,
以及我的孩子们 还有我的家庭
on my children, on my family.
但它也有个令人震惊的“副作用”
But it is also had a stunning side effect.
而且直到最近我才充分认识到这一点
And it wasn’t until recently that i fully understood it.
但我明白了 答应陪孩子们玩的同时
But i understood that saying yes to playing with my children.
或许也拯救了我的职业生涯
likely save my career.
我看起来拥有大部分人梦想的工作
See i have a most people would call a dream job.
我是一个作家 我靠想象 靠编撰故事谋生
I’m a writer, I imagine,I make stuff up for a living.
一个理想职业
a dream job
不 我是个巨人 理想职业
NO I’m a titan……dream job.
我创作电视节目
I create television.
我主管节目制作
I executive produce television.
我制作电视节目 很多的电视节目
I make television, a great deal of television.
不管怎么样 这个电视季
In one way or another, this TV season,
我负责给世界约七十小时的电视节目
I’m responsible for bringing about 70 hours of programming to the world.
四个电视节目 七十小时的电视
Four television programs, 70 hours of TV–
[掌声]
[applause]
一次制作三个节目 有时四个
Three shows in production at a time, sometimes four.
每个节目都创造了千百个以前没有的工作
Each show creates hundreds of jobs that didn’t exist before.
一集电视节目的预算
The budget for one episode of network television
可达三百到五百万美元
can be anywhere from there to six million dollars.
我们就计为五百万美元
Let’s just say five.
制作一集要九天 而我们四个剧同时制作
A new episode made every nine days times four shows,
所以每九天的电视节目就值两千万美元
so every nine days that’s 20 million dollars worth of television.
四个电视节目 七十小时电视
Four television programs, 70 hours of TV,
一次制作三个节目 有时四个
three shows in production at a time, sometimes four,
16集一直在制作中:
16 episodes going on at all times:
电视剧“实习医生格蕾”24集 “丑闻”21集
24 episodes of “Grey’s”, 21 episodes of “Scandal”,
“逍遥法外”15集 “隐情”10集
15 episodes of “How To Get Away With Murder”, 10 episodes of “The Catch”,
上述是七十小时电视 就是一季的三亿五千万美元
that’s 70 hours of TV, that’s 350 million dollars for a season.
在美国 我的电视节目的周四晚上一个接一个地播放
In America, my television shows are back to back to back on Thursday night.
世界范围内 我的节目在256个地区
Around the world, my shows air in 256 territories
被翻成67种语言向3千万观众播放
in 67 languages for an audience of 30 million people.
我的大脑是全球的
My brain is global
70个小时电视 45个是我个人创造的
and 45 hours of that 70 hours of TV are shows I personally created.
而且不止制作 最重要的是我得抽时间出来
and not just produce, so on top of everything eles I need to find time.
真正平静的 适合创造的时间
real quiet, creative time.
将我的粉丝聚集在营火旁
to gather my fans around the campfire
讲述我的故事
and tell my stories.
四个电视节目 七十小时电视
Four television programs, 70 hours of TV
一次制作三个节目 有时四个
three shows in production at a time, sometimes four,
预算三亿五千万美金 而粉丝遍及全球
350 million dollars, campfires burning all over the world.
你知道还有谁做这种事吗
You know who else is doing that?
没有人 如我所说 我是个巨人
Nobody, so like I said ,I’m a titan.
理想职业
Dream job
现在 我告诉你这个不是为了打动你
Now, I don’t tell you this to impress you.
我告诉你这个因为我知道当你们听到作家这个词在想什么
I tell you this because I know what you think of when you hear the word ” writer”.
我告诉你们这个 所以你们所有辛勤工作的人
I tell you this so that all of youout there who work so hard,
无论你是管理一个公司 一个国家
whether you run a company
or a country
或一个班级 一个商店 一个家庭
or a classroom or a store or a home,
当我谈及工作时 认真听
take me seriouslywhen I talk about working,
然后你们会明白 我不是整天坐在电脑前天马行空地想象
so you’ll get that I don’tpeck at a computer and imagine all day,
所以当你们听到我说
so you’ll hear me when I say
我明白一份理想的工作并不是做梦
that I understand that a dream jobis not about dreaming.
它是职业 工作 现实 血汗 而不是泪水
It’s all job, all work, all reality,all blood, all sweat, no tears.
我工作量很大 工作也很努力 而且我热爱工作
I work a lot, very hard, and I love it.
当我努力工作 沉浸其中时
When I’m hard at work,when I’m deep in it,
我没有别的感觉
there is no other feeling.
于我而言 我的工作始终是从无到有建立一个国家
For me, my work is at all timesbuilding a nation out of thin air.
是配置军队 是画一幅油画
It is manning the troops.It is painting a canvas.
是唱出每个高音 是跑一场马拉松
It is hitting every high note.It is running a marathon.
是成为碧昂斯
It is being Beyoncé.
它同时是以上所有事情
And it is all of those thingsat the same time.
我热爱工作
I love working.
工作是创造性的 机械的 令人力竭的 也是使人高兴的
It is creative and mechanical and exhausting and exhilarating.
是有趣的 扰人的 客观的 也是母性的
and hilarious and disturbingand clinical and maternal
是残酷的 也是明断的
and cruel and judicious,
而使其如此美好的 是一种嗡嗡声
and what makes it all so good is the hum.
当工作渐入佳境时 我会发生某种内在改变
There is some kind of shift inside me when the work gets good.
一个嗡嗡声在我脑中响起
A hum begins in my brain,
它不断变强 听起来像是敞开的道路
and it grows and it growsand that hum sounds like the open road,
而我可以永远在其间行驶
and I could drive it forever.
很多人 在我试着(向他们)解释嗡嗡声时
And a lot of people,when I try to explain the hum,
认为我在说写作
they assume that I’m talkingabout the writing,
认为写作带给我愉悦
that my writing brings me joy.
不要误会我 它确实是这样
And don’t get me wrong, it does.
但那嗡嗡声
But the hum —
没有出现直到我开始制作电视节目
it wasn’t until I started
making television
我开始工作 工作 再制作
that I started working, working and making
建造 创作 协调
and building and creating
and collaborating,
我突然发现它 这乐声 这急流 这嗡嗡声
that I discovered this thing,
this buzz, this rush, this hum.
它比写作时来得更多
The hum is more than writing.
它是行为和活动 是药品
The hum is action and activity.The hum is a drug.
它是音乐 是光和空气
The hum is music.The hum is light and air.
是神明在我耳中的低语
The hum is God’s whisper right in my ear.
当你拥有了像这样的嗡嗡声
And when you have a hum like that,
你会情不自禁为伟大的事物而奋斗
you can’t help but strive for greatness.
那种感觉 让你无法抗拒 只能不计代价为伟大而奋斗
That feeling, you can’t helpbut strive for greatness at any cost.
这就是那嗡嗡声
That’s called the hum.
或许它被称为为工作成瘾
Or, maybe it’s called being a workaholic.
[笑声]
(Laughter)
或许它被称为天赋
Maybe it’s called genius.
或许它被称为自尊
Maybe it’s called ego.
抑或它只是对失败的恐惧
Maybe it’s just fear of failure.
我不清楚
I don’t know.
我只知道我不是为失败而生
I just know that I’m not built for failure,
而且我只知道我喜欢嗡嗡声
and I just know that I love the hum.
我只知道 我想告诉你 我是个巨人
I just know that I wantto tell you I’m a titan,
我不想怀疑这一点
and I know that I don’t want to question it.
但是事实是这样的:
But here’s the thing:
我越成功
the more successful I become,
制作越多的节目 创作越多的情节 突破越多的障碍
the more shows, the more episodes, the more barriers broken,
就有越多的工作等我去做
the more work there is to do,
更多的球在空中
the more balls in the air,
更多注视我的目光 更多历史的见证
the more eyes on me, the more history stares,
这里就有更多的期望
the more expectations there are.
我为了成功做得越多
The more I work to be successful,
我越需要工作
the more I need to work.
那么我如何谈论工作呢
And what did I say about work?
我爱工作 是吗
I love working, right?
我正在建设的国家 正在参加的马拉松
The nation I’m building, the marathon I’m running,
那军队 那油画 那高音 那嗡嗡声
the troops, the canvas, the high note, the hum,
那嗡嗡声 嗡嗡声
the hum, the hum.
我喜欢它 我爱它
I like that hum. I love that hum.
我需要那嗡嗡声 我就是那嗡嗡声
I need that hum. I am that hum.
我仅是那嗡嗡声吗
Am I nothing but that hum?
然后那嗡嗡声就停止了
And then the hum stopped.
过度劳累 过度使用
Overworked, overused,
过度疲惫 精疲力竭
overdone, burned out.
那嗡嗡声停止了
The hum stopped.
现在 我的三个女儿习惯了那个事实
Now, my three daughtersare used to the truth
她们的母亲是一个单身工作的巨人
that their mother is a single working titan.
哈珀告诉人们
Harper tells people,
我的母亲不在那儿 你可以给我的保姆发短信
“My mom won’t be there, but you can text my nanny.”
艾默生说 亲爱的 我想进入珊达帝国
And Emerson says, “Honey, I’m wanting to go to ShondaLand.”
她们是巨人的孩子
They’re children of a titan.
她们是小巨人
They’re baby titans.
当嗡嗡声停止时 她们分别十二岁 三岁和一岁
They were 12, 3, and 1 when the hum stopped.
发出嗡嗡声的引擎坏了
The hum of the engine died.
我不再热爱工作 我不能重启引擎
I stopped loving work. I couldn’t restart the engine.
那嗡嗡声不再回来了
The hum would not come back.
我的嗡嗡声被摧毁了
My hum was broken.
我正在做同样的事 我一直在做 相同的巨人工作
I was doing the same things,I always did, all the same titan work,
包括周末 我每天工作十五小时
15-hour days, working straight through the weekends,
没有遗憾 绝不投降 巨人从不睡觉 巨人从不放弃
no regrets, never surrender, a titan never sleeps, a titan never quits,
热心 明眼 真是 无论什么都有
full hearts, clear eyes, yada, whatever.
然而却没有嗡嗡声
But there was no hum.
我的内心一片死寂
Inside me was silence.
四个电视节目 七十小时电视
Four television programs, 70 hours of TV,
同时制作三个剧 有时四个
three shows in production at a time, sometimes four.
四个电视节目 七十小时电视 同时制作三个剧 有时四个 ……
Four television programs, 70 hours of TV,three shows in production at a time, sometimes four……
我是个完美的巨人
I was the perfect titan.
是个值得被你领回家给妈妈的巨人
I was a titan you could take home to your mother.
所有的色彩都还是一样 我不再拥有快乐
All the colors were the same, and I was no longer having any fun.
这是我的生活
And it was my life.
这是我所做的一切
It was all I did.
我即是嗡嗡声 那嗡嗡声也就是我
I was the hum, and the hum was me.
所以当你做着某事你会做什么
So what do you do when the thing you do,
你爱的工作开始变得味同嚼蜡
the work you love, starts to taste like dust?
现在 我知道有些人在思考
Now, I know somebody’s out there thinking,
泪流成河 愚蠢的作家巨人女人
“Cry me a river, stupid writer titan lady.”
(笑声)
(Laughter)
但是你知道 你做了
But you know, you do,
如果你去做 去工作 去爱你做的
if you make, if you work, if you love what you do,
成为一名老师 银行职员 母亲 画家
being a teacher, being a banker, being a mother, being a painter,
成为比尔盖茨
being Bill Gates,
如果你简单地爱另一个人且带给你那嗡嗡声
if you simply love another person and that gives you the hum,
如果你了解那嗡嗡声
if you know the hum,
如果你知道那嗡嗡声是何种感觉且听得到它
if you know what the hum feels like, if you have been to the hum,
当这嗡嗡声停止了
when the hum stops
你是谁?
Who are you?
你是什么?
What are you?
我是什么?
What am I?
我依然是个巨人吗?
Am I still a titan?
如果我心之歌停止演奏 我能在寂静中存活吗?
If the song of my heart ceases to play, can I survive in the silence?
然后我的南方服务员小孩问了我一个问题
And then my Southern waitress toddler asks me a question.
我正准备出门 我要迟到了 这时她说
I’m on my way out the door, I’m late, and she says,
“妈妈 想玩吗?”
“Momma, wanna play?”
我正要说不的时候我意识到两件事
And I’m just about to say no, when I realize two things.
第一 我被期望对任何事说好
One, I’m supposed to say yes to everything,
第二 我的南方服务员没叫我“亲爱的”
and two, my Southern waitress didn’t call me “honey.”
她不再叫任何人“亲爱的”了
She’s not calling everyone “honey” anymore.
那是什么时候发生的
When did that happen?
我想念它 作为一个巨人 哀悼我的嗡嗡声
I’m missing it, being a titan and mourning my hum,
在我眼前她改变得这么彻底
and here she is changing right before my eyes.
因此她说 “妈妈 想要玩吗?”
And so she says, “Momma, wanna play?”
我说 “是的”
And I say, “Yes.”
这里并没有发生什么特别的事
There’s nothing special about it.
我们玩着 她的姐姐也加入了我们
We play, and we’re joined by her sisters,
有许多欢笑声
and there’s a lot of laughing,
然后我心潮澎湃地朗诵了那本《Everybody Poops》
and I give a dramatic reading from the book Everybody Poops.
和平常一样
Nothing out of the ordinary.
但是现在却是不同寻常的
And yet, it is extraordinary,
因为我的痛苦 惶恐
because in my pain and my panic,
无助 失去充实感
in the homelessness of my humlessness,
于是 我只好注意它
I have nothing to do but pay attention.
集中精神
I focus.
我是静止的
I am still.
我正建造的国家 正跑的马拉松
The nation I’m building, the marathon I’m running,
还有军队 航行 唱片统统都不存在
the troops, the canvas, the high note does not exist.
存在的唯有粘粘的手指
All that exists are sticky fingers
蜜糖般的亲吻 微小的声音 蜡笔画
and gooey kisses and tiny voices and crayons
还有那首关于放手的歌
and that song about letting go
不管那是什么 冰雪女孩都得放手的歌
of whatever it is that Frozen girl needs to let go of.
[笑声]
(Laughter)
只剩平静和天真
It’s all peace and simplicity.
空气突然变得很稀薄 以至于我都不能呼吸
The air is so rare in this place for me that I can barely breathe.
我都不敢相信自己还在呼吸着
I can barely believe I’m breathing.
玩耍是与工作相反的另一端
Play is the opposite of work.
我很开心
And I am happy.
因为我内心放松下来了
Something in me loosens.
脑子也开窍了
A door in my brain swings open,
一股正能量正朝我涌来
and a rush of energy comes.
它并非只是一瞬间 不是幻觉 而是真的发生了
And it’s not instantaneous, but it happens, it does happen.
我感受到了
I feel it.
嗡嗡声悄然而至
A hum creeps back.
音量不大 几乎都听不见
Not at full volume, barely there,
它很安静 我必须非常专注才能听到 但它就在那里
it’s quiet, and I have to stay very still to hear it, but it is there.
不是之前那种嗡嗡声 而是平静之声
Not the hum, but a hum.
现在 我感觉到自己有个神奇的秘密
And now I feel like I know a very magical secret.
很好 不要让它溜走了
Well, let’s not get carried away.
是爱 那就是爱啊
It’s just love. That’s all it is.
既不神奇也不神秘 就只是爱而已
No magic. No secret. It’s just love.
只是我们忘掉的某些事
It’s just something we forgot.
那嗡声 是工作的嗡声 是巨人的嗡声
The hum, the work hum, the hum of the titan,
它只是一个替代品
that’s just a replacement.
如果我非要问你我是谁
If I have to ask you who I am,
如果我非要告诉你我是谁
If I have to tell you who I am,
如果让我用我制作的电视剧
if I describe myself in terms of shows
和电视集数 以及我的作品的全球化 来描述自己
and hours of television and how globally badass my brain is,
那么我已经忘了真正的嗡声是什么
I have forgotten what the real hum is.
嗡声不是力量 不是具体的工作
The hum is not power and the hum is not work-specific.
是一种具体的乐趣
The hum is joy-specific.
真正的嗡声是一种具体的爱
The real hum is love-specific.
它源于生活乐趣带来的电流
The hum is the electricity that comes from being excited by life.
真正的嗡声是信心 是和平
The real hum is confidence and peace.
是不顾历史的注视
The real hum ignores the stare of history,
是在天空中的气球 远离期待和压力的
and the balls in the air, and the expectation, and the pressure.
是单一的 原始的
The real hum is singular and original.
是上帝在我耳边的私语
The real hum is God’s whisper in my ear,
但上帝可能也传达了错误的信息
but maybe God was whispering the wrong words,
因为他也告诉过我 我是巨人
because which one of the gods was telling me I was the titan.
只有爱使我坚信
It’s just love.
我们可以用多一点点的爱
We could all use a little more love,
用更多的爱
a lot more love.
每次我的孩子让我陪她们玩时
Any time my child asks me to play,
我都不会拒绝
I will say yes.
让我如此坚定的原因只有一个
I make it a firm rule for one reason,
那就是许可自己
to give myself permission,
从工作狂的状态中脱离出来
to free me from all of my workaholic guilt.
这是规定 所以我没有选择
It’s a law, so I don’t have a choice,
没有别的选择
and I don’t have a choice,
我除了想感受那嗡嗡声
not if I want to feel the hum.
还希望这不是难事
I wish it were that easy,
但我不擅长玩耍
but I’m not good at playing.
我不喜欢它
I don’t like it.
(笑)
(laughter)
工作时用到的方法不能使我在玩耍中获得乐趣
I’m not interested in doing it the way I’m interested in doing work.
真相是那么羞耻和丢脸 让人难以面对
The truth is incredibly humbling and humiliating to face.
我竟然不喜欢玩耍
I don’t like playing.
我马不停蹄地工作 是因为我喜欢
I work all the time because I like working.
比起待在家里 我更喜欢工作
I like working more than I like being at home.
面对这样一个事实 我确实难以应对
Facing that fact is incredibly difficult to handle,
因为我搞不懂哪种人才会更愿意工作而不是待在家里
because what kind of person likes working more than being at home?
好吧 那个人就是我
Well, me.
老实说 我想说我认为自己是一个巨人
I mean, let’s be honest, I call myself a titan.
我摊上麻烦了
I’ve got issues.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
而麻烦事之一并不是我对自己太放松
And one of those issues isn’t that I am too relaxed.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
我们围着院子跑 跑来跑去 跑上跑下
We run around the yard, up and back and up and back.
我们有30秒舞会
We have 30-second dance parties.
我们唱歌表演 我们玩球类游戏
We sing show tunes. We play with balls.
我吹泡泡 她们把它弄破
I blow bubbles and they pop them.
然后我发觉自己几乎全程都很呆板 神志不清 迷茫着
And I feel stiff and delirious and confused most of the time.
我时刻都想那起手机看看
I itch for my cell phone always.
但这没什么
But it is OK.
我的宝贝们向我展示了该如何生活 而宇宙的嗡声又填满了我
My tiny humans show me how to live and the hum of the universe fills me up.
我玩啊玩 直到开始思考
I play and I play until I begin to wonder
为什么我们会首先停止娱乐
why we ever stop playing in the first place.
你们也可以想想
You can do it too,
答应你孩子每一个要你玩的请求
say yes every time your child asks you to play.
你会认为我是身在福中不知福吗?
Are you thinking that maybe I’m an idiot in diamond shoes?
你是对的 但你仍可以这么做
You’re right, but you can still do this.
你有时间
You have time.
你知道原因吗?因为你不是蕾哈娜 你也不是布偶
You know why? Because you’re not Rihannaand you’re not a Muppet.
你的孩子并不认为你有多有趣
Your child does not think you’re that interesting.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
你只需要15分钟
You only need 15 minutes.
我两岁和四岁大的孩子曾只想和我玩
My two- and four-year-old only ever want to play with me
就大约15分钟
for about 15 minutes or so
在她们想到自己前 她们也想做别的
before they think to themselves they want to do something else.
这15分钟充满了惊奇 但就这15分钟
It’s an amazing 15 minutes, but it’s 15 minutes.
如果我不是一只瓢虫或一块糖 15分钟后就被无视
If I’m not a ladybug or a piece of candy, I’m invisible after 15 minutes.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
至于我13岁的孩子 如果我能和她讲上15分钟的话
And my 13-year-old, if I can get a 13-year-old to talk to me for 15 minutes
那我就是年度最佳父母
I’m Parent of the Year.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
你只需15分钟
15 minutes is all you need.
即使在最忙碌的时候 我也能有15分钟不受打扰的时间
I can totally pull off 15 minutes of uninterrupted time on my worst day.
但只有不受打扰才是诀窍
Uninterrupted is the key.
零手机 零家务 没有任何事
No cell phone, no laundry, no anything.
你过着忙碌的生活 在桌前准备晚饭
You have a busy life. You have to get dinner on the table.
督促她们洗澡 但你有15分钟
You have to force them to bathe. But you can do 15 minutes.
孩子们是我的乐土 我的全世界
My kids are my happy place, they’re my world,
你的孩子不用必须成为
but it doesn’t have to be your kids,
你嗡嗡声的来源
the fuel that feeds your hum,
能感觉生活“好”多于“不好”的地方
the place where life feels more good than not good.
这不在于你是否和孩子玩
It’s not about playing with your kids,
而在于快乐
it’s about joy.
在平常的生活中懂得玩乐
It’s about playing in general.
给你自己15分钟
Give yourself the 15 minutes.
找到能使你感到良好的事物
Find what makes you feel good.
只要找到它并实施
Just figure it out and play in that arena.
我做不到十全十美 事实上 我失败的次数同成功一样频繁
I’m not perfect at it. In fact, I fail as often as I succeed,
看望朋友 看书 凝视天空
seeing friends, reading books, staring into space.
想玩吗 开始成为我放纵自己的由头
“Wanna play?” starts to become shorthandfor indulging myself
那些方法我早已不抱希望 在我做第一个电视节目时
in ways I’d given up on right aroundthe time I got my first TV show,
在我正在被训练成巨人时
right around the time I became a titan-in-training,
在我开始用未知的方式与自己竞争时
right around the time I started competing with myself for ways unknown.
15分钟?付出自己所有的精力会有什么错
15 minutes? What could be wrongwith giving myself my full attention
就只是15分钟?
for 15 minutes?
结果证明 什么都没有
Turns out, nothing.
正是这个不工作的举动让我的嗡嗡声回来成为了可能
The very act of not working has made itpossible for the hum to return,
好像发出嗡声的引擎只有当我离开时才能补充燃料
as if the hum’s engine could only refuel while I was away.
工作时不能没有娱乐
Work doesn’t work without play.
它虽然需要你花一些时间 但一个月后
It takes a little time, but after a few months,
某天闸门就会打开
one day the floodgates open
便会有一道急流 我发现自己正站在办公室里
and there’s a rush, and I find mysel standing in my office
体内充斥着不熟悉的旋律 它溢满了我内心的沟渠
filled with an unfamiliar melody, full on groove inside me,
它围绕着我 于是我开始编织想法
and around me, and it sends me spinning with ideas,
嗡声大道已敞开 我可以驱车赶往
and the humming road is open, and I can drive it and drive it,
我又重新爱上了工作
and I love working again.
但是现在 我喜欢嗡声 但是我不爱它
But now, I like that hum, but I don’t love that hum.
我不需要它
I don’t need that hum.
我也不是它 它也不是我
I am not that hum. That hum is not me,
不再是
not anymore.
我是个滔滔不绝 有粘粘的手指 和朋友吃饭的人
I am bubbles and sticky fingers and dinners with friends.
我是那嗡嗡声
I am that hum.
生活的嗡嗡声
Life’s hum.
爱的嗡嗡声
Love’s hum.
工作的嗡嗡声仍是我的一部分 他只是不再是全部的我了
Work’s hum is still a piece of me, it is just no longer all of me,
而我也很感激
and I am so grateful.
我没有孤注一掷地想成为巨人
And I don’t give a crap about being a titan,
因为我从没见过一个巨人玩Red Rover
because I have never once seen a titan play Red Rover, Red Rover.
(大笑)
(laughter)
我能少工作多娱乐 不论怎样我仍在自己的世界里奔跑
I said yes to less work and more play, and somehow I still run my world.
我的脑子仍是全球的 我的营火仍在燃烧
My brain is still global. My campfires still burn.
我玩的越多 就越快乐 我的孩子们也越快乐
The more I play, the happier I am, and the happier my kids are.
玩得愈多 我愈觉得自己是个好妈妈
The more I play, the more I feel like a good mother.
玩的愈多 我的思维就愈自由
The more I play, the freer my mind becomes.
玩的愈多 我工作得愈好
The more I play, the better I work.
玩的愈多 我听到的嗡嗡声就愈多
The more I play, the more I feel the hum,
我正在建的国家 正参加的马拉松
the nation I’m building, the marathon I’m running,
那军队 那油画 那高音 那嗡嗡声 嗡嗡声
the troops, the canvas, the high note, the hum, the hum,
其它的嗡声 具体的嗡声 生活的嗡声
the other hum, the real hum, life’s hum.
我听到越多的嗡声 这个陌生的 发抖的 自由的
The more I feel that hum, the more this strange, quivering, uncocooned,
慌乱的 全新的
awkward, brand new,
鲜活的普通人就越像我
alive non-titan feels like me.
我听到越多的嗡嗡声 越知道自己是谁
The more I feel that hum, the more I know who I am.
我是个作家 我编故事 我发挥想象
I’m a writer, I make stuff up, I imagine.
那是我工作的一部分 那是我的理想
That part of the job, that’s living the dream.
这是工作的理想状态
That’s the dream of the job.
因为理想职业应该稍显梦幻
Because a dream job should be a little bit dreamy.
我说是的 我要更少的工作 更多的娱乐
I said yes to less work and more play.
这无需申请
Titans need not apply.
想玩?
Wanna play?
谢谢
Thank you.
(掌声)
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

生活的平衡在于把握工作与娱乐的分量,如果你还很迷茫,不防来看看,说不定会有所收获

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

俞十

审核员

译学馆审核团D

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmj-azFbpkA

相关推荐