未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

让我醒悟的旅行

my wake up call

In the last couple of weeks, I’ve been thinking a lot about discipline,
上几周我思考了很多关于自律的事
because I think it’s something that I’ve kind of let slip a bit recently.
因为我觉得我最近对它有些疏于重视
I know this because two important things are no longer really lining up.
我知道这是由于两个重要的东西衔接不上了
And that is what I intend to get done in a period of time,
一个是我想在未来某时完成的事
and what I actually get done in a period of time.
另一个是到那时我真正完成的事
I’m kind of sick of getting to the end of a day, or a week
当一天或一周结束时 我会很厌烦
with the phrase wasted potential rattling around my mind, you know?
厌烦于浪费潜力这句话 它在我脑海中挥之不去
So when I heard about Roberto Salinas, a documentary filmmaker,
所以当我听说了罗伯特·萨利纳斯 一位纪录片制作人
who’s been working in an environment of intense dedication and discipline,
他一直处在高度投入和自律的环境中工作
I thought let’s get in touch,
我觉得应该接触一下
and see if I can follow him around with a camera for a bit
看看我能不能带着相机跟着他一段时间
to see what we can learn about work ethic.
看看我们能从他的工作准则里学到什么
That meant flying to Miami Florida,where they were filming.
我坐飞机到了佛罗里达州迈阿密 他们在那儿拍摄
Here’s what happened.
接着发生了这些
When I arrived in the evening, I didn’t really know what to expect.
我晚上到达 没什么预期
I only had a few texts to let me know what the filming plan was.
只有一些文本让我了解这个拍摄计划
But fortunately, the kind people I was staying with let me borrow a bike.
很幸运 给我提供住处的那位好人借给我一辆自行车
So the next morning, I cycled through the Florida heat
第二天早上 我在佛州的酷热中骑行
to meet Roberto at the HARID conservatory,
去哈利德音乐学院与罗会面
a training school, for gifted young dancers.
这所学校会训练有天赋的年轻舞蹈家
Over the past 4 years, Roberto has been telling
这4年来 罗伯特一直在讲述
the coming-of-age story of a young dancer called Alexis
一位年轻舞蹈员 艾利克斯的成长故事
as he pursues his education in ballet.
他在努力接受自己的芭蕾训练
I wasn’t there for long before I started to see some patience and discipline.
在那里我很快就见识到了罗的耐心和自律
We didn’t eat lunch until 3:00 since we were filming through lunchtime,
因为一直拍摄 我们3点才吃上午饭
and we just kept going, following this guy from class to class.
我们一直拍摄着 艾的每节课都要跟拍
I ended up asking whether their goal is just to film absolutely everything that happens.
后来我问他们是否要把所有的事都拍下来
You don’t wanna come to the editing room with
如果只拍下了数百小时的烂镜头
hundreds and hundreds of hours of footage that is not good.
你不会想带着它们回到剪辑室
They’re not useful.
它们没有用处
But at the same time, you never know when something good can happen.
而且你没法知道何时会出现好的镜头
So yeah, I mean you have to ponder on it, and evaluate,
嗯 这就意味着你需要认真考虑 评估
and decide when is best.
决定什么时候拍最合适
An average number of hours for a good doc
好的纪录片平均都需要拍好多个小时
sits between a hundred, a hundred and fifty hours,
大概100小时到150小时之间
you know, for a 90-minute or 60-minute documentary.
这仅仅是拍90或60分钟的纪录片
We kept going into the evening,
我们一直拍到晚上
and one of the things that really stood out to me
有些事确实令我印象深刻
is when we were filming while he was having dinner on his birthday.
其中一个就是在艾生日晚宴时 我们还在拍摄
After a while, I started to wonder just how valuable
晚宴开始不久 我就开始思考
the footage that Roberto was shooting would actually be.
罗拍摄的这组镜头究竟有什么价值
But then, Alexis got a video call from his family to say happy birthday,
但接着 艾接到了家里给他庆生的视频通话
and it was such an authentic, lovely moment
那是非常真实 美好的一幕
that I could really see why they were waiting.
如此我才明白为何要等着拍他的生日
We left very shortly after that.
之后我们很快离开了
But of course giving 100% isn’t just about putting the hours in.
当然 付出100%努力不是只花时间
It’s about making the most out of every situation.
还要充分利用每一个场景
And I couldn’t help but notice that over the time I was on set,
在拍摄现场时 我总会注意到
Roberto always took the time to chat with the teachers at the school,
罗总是花时间和学校的老师们聊天
reassuring them, answering their questions,
消除他们的疑虑 回答问题
laughing, and making friends with them.
和他们大笑 打成一片
Makes me think of the way I speak to clients,
这让我思考我和客户们
or people we’re trying to pick a location from, actors even.
和选拍地碰到的人 甚至和演员的说话方式
A little bit of friendliness and humanity can go a really long way,
稍微友好点 多点人情味真的能帮很大忙
rather than just going in to get the shot and leave straight away.
而不是镜头拍完直接走人
It’s really reminded to expand what I think of as a disciplined, hardworking filmmaker.
这提醒我 需扩大对于自律努力的电影制作人的认知
You know, sure, it’s great to learn things,
当然 能学到东西很好
and to practice, and to put in the time on set.
还有练习 在现场投入时间
But also, it’s worth investing in relationships,
但花时间在人际关系上也很值得
and making sure that you know when to small talk, when to joke.
要确保你知道何时该闲聊 何时该开玩笑
Now for the whole time I was there, I was filming them while they filmed.
待在那儿的期间 他们摄影时我就拍他们
So I couldn’t help but compare their process to mine.
我忍不住会对比双方的拍摄过程
I’ve noticed that I’m so keen to avoid intruding on the situation
我发现自己会尽力不去干涉
I often hang back, or don’t ask for what I need.
我经常徘徊不前 不问自己需要什么
And I did it on this shoot too.
这次摄影我又这样做了
You know, I could’ve gotten an interview with Alexis, the dancer.
我本可以采访一下艾 那位舞者
I could’ve got an interview with the other shooter, Alexandro.
我本可以采访另一位摄影师 亚力山德罗
And I really should’ve taken the time to give Roberto a mic
在我们开始随意的小采访之前
before we did our casual, little interviews.
我本该给罗用麦克风录音
And that’s the thing, I even told Sennheiser that I’d use this radio mic,
关键就是 我甚至告诉了森海塞尔我要用无线麦克风
the Evolution Series G4 from Sennheiser.
就是这台森海塞尔G4进化版
I told them I’d use it,
我告诉他们我要用
and yet I spent most of my time
但大部分时间里
just using the built-in mic on the camera.
只是用了相机的内置麦克风
But it does mean that when I did use the mic,
这意味着当我用麦克风时
you can really hear the difference in quality.
你能真切地听到音质上的差异
But there’s not a like a handbook.
但摄影没有类似手册的东西
It’s something that you sort of like have to…
这件事你可能不得不……
because it depends from person to person.
因为它因人而异
You know, so it…
你懂的
it’s all about getting to know the people.
摄影就是去了解别人
In fact, that was the perfect time to use the mic actually
事实上 那时使用麦克风最好
because with it being wireless,
因为它是无线的
it meant that I could capture this little conversation
这意味着我能准确记录这次
between Roberto and one of the teachers.
罗和一位老师的闲聊
Roberto: It looks like everything comes easy for him. Teacher: Mmm-hmm.

罗:看起来任何事对于他都很容易 老师:嗯
Roberto: I know it’s not, but I need to see on camera. Teacher: For a reason, if he gives me a reason…

罗:我知道并不是 但我需要在镜头中看到 老师:如果他给我个理由
Roberto: Yeah. Teacher: It will be there. I’m not gonna hold back.
罗:嗯 老师:那就很容易了 我不会犹豫
Roberto: I know. Teacher: I never hold back.

罗:我明白 老师:我从不犹豫
Roberto: Yeah, yeah yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. That’s great. That’s great.
罗:是的是的 那是对的
Teacher: It’s better to be real than… Roberto: Absolutely. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
老师:摄影最好是真实点 罗:没错
Now Roberto did say I could include that conversation in this video,
罗跟我说过我可以把对话引入这条视频里
and I’m really glad because to me it’s fascinating to see
我很高兴 对于我这很有趣
how documentary filmmakers guide the story without actually intruding.
能看到纪录片摄影师如何既不干涉又能引导故事
That’s not an easy line to walk.
那可不是条好走的路
For me this trip was an excellent chance to see what discipline looks like.
对于我 这趟旅行是很好的认识自律的机会
And not just from the filmmakers, but also the dancers.
不仅跟制作人学 还有舞者
I know that I don’t want to be a workaholic,
我知道我并不想当个工作狂
but there’s a fine line between having freedom and flexibility with your time,
但时间自由灵活和完全丧失纪律性之间
and just completely losing your discipline.
有一条非常精细的界限
When I am working, I want to be going all in,
当我工作时 我想全身心投入进去
able to work hard regardless of whether I feel like it in that moment,
能够努力工作到忘乎所以
and get done what needs to get done.
做完需要完成的事
I think Roberto sums it up nicely.
我觉得罗总结地很好
For me it’s not about the movie.
对于我 电影不重要
It’s about making the movie.
制作电影的过程才重要
Like, consider this project for example,
比如 拿这次拍摄来说
I didn’t really know a lot about ballet 4 years ago.
四年前我对芭蕾舞不太了解
Now I’m not saying I’m an expert,
当然现在我还称不上专家
but I spent a lot of time with dancers and ballet institution.
但我与舞者在芭蕾舞院共度了很长时间
So learning about dance, and learning about ballet, and stuff like that.
所以就能学到舞蹈 学到芭蕾舞等等
Who would’ve thought? You know?
这怎么能想到呢?你懂吗?
And this is one prototype. There are many of them.
这只是一个例子 还有很多
Those are experiences that will stay with me,
那些拍摄经历会一直陪伴着我
no matter how the actual film actually turned out, even…
不管电影最终会怎么样
Every job, the staff can be tough you know, can be demanding, tiring, and stuff.
任何工作 都可能遇到要求严格 让人疲惫的人 等等
But if you like doing it, you enjoying doing it,
但是如果你喜欢 享受这份工作
at the end of the day like, you’ll be satisfied.
最后 你会非常满足
I don’t really like the spotlight.
我不太喜欢聚光灯
There’s a lot of people who’s, you know,
有很多人
dies for the moment that they can come on stage, you know?
迫切希望自己能登上舞台 你懂的
I really like doing this. I like, you know, travelling, shooting.
但我特别喜欢这件事 旅行 摄影
That’s what I like to do… Yeah.
那就是我喜欢的生活
So thanks to Sennheiser for supporting this video
感谢森海塞尔支持这个视频
with their Evolution G4 Series radio mic,
用他们的无线麦克风G4进化版
and to everyone at Indyca Productions,
感谢Indyca Productions的所有人
as well as HARID conservatory for their involvement with this video,
感谢哈利德音乐学院参与视频的拍摄
that turned out to be a bit of a wake up call, yeah.
这有点像一个让人醒悟的警醒
It’s time to get focused, and to bring back the discipline.
是时候专注一些 把自律找回来
I’ll see you next time.
下次再见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

缺乏自律?生活没有奔头?跟随作者一起去参加一次拍摄旅行,看看这次旅行是怎样让作者醒悟的。

听录译者

思琦

翻译译者

夜寐€®夜魅

审核员

审核员LJ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1kYSUKWAgE

相关推荐